Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ya tasteful filthy animals...

The Home Alone house is up for sale. $5.25M.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 7:13 PM

Winnetka will do.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 3:49 AM

Beautiful home.

Very elegant. It's totally my taste, and I think worth the price.

However, I don't know if I'd be happy with tourists outside gawking and taking pictures, which I'm sure happens a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 3:49 AM

Hideously staged and a sad, already dated interior renovation.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 4:01 AM

Stunning exterior, let down by an underwhelming interior. So much white. So much griege. Its like somebody masked off the floors and a few other things then just let loose with a spray gun and a 100 litre barrel of standard white paint. Its a lovely house on which somebody has spent a lot of money stripping or concealing all its character warmth and charm. More would have to be spent putting it back. Its like Joanna Gaines let loose with a megabucks budget

The kitchen's OK though, oddly enough the one part of the house where can lights would make sense, but it doesnt have them , instead they're in the lounge. The staging doesnt help either, all so monchromatic.

This filthy animal would put in curtains, wallpapers, period light fittings, lots of period furniture, strip a lot of white and grey paint, maybe some ceiling mouldings and cornicing appropriate to the age of the house. But most of all colurs, lots of em

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 4:03 AM

^^ fuck I meant colours

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 4:05 AM

There's a lot I like about it but that's just my bad taste. It feels like the traditional cross-hall plan grossly expanded for lack of imagination. I love the inspiration but if I required a house that size I'd want something unique.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 5:57 AM

Where I live (Toronto) that house would be listed at nearly double that price.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 1:45 PM

Again?

I think it was up for sale not too too long ago.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 1:48 PM

(hm, guess it was 12 years ago....where did the time go! LOL)

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 1:50 PM

I call that style Gulag Chic. Like how they made over all the fast food restaurants in 2019 to look like tiny gray prisons. They wanted customers to get in and get out

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 2:08 PM

Not worth it. 5 cents.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 2:31 PM

I painted my house gray on a whim about eight or nine years ago, before it was a thing, as I recall. Now I can't bear to look at it. I'm house hunting... everything is gray, even the flooring is gray. It's all so cold and drab.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 3:02 PM

Winnetka? Isn't there a big noise there?

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 3:10 PM

Where’s the pool?

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 3:15 PM

R14, I thought that too. Seems like a big place not to have a pool. Then again, they probably have a summer place up in Wisconsin or some such.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 3:17 PM

It has a full basketball court in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2024 3:50 PM

Why would you buy that specific house in Winnetka and then decorate it for the W Hotel? Buffalo Grove would have been better.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2024 4:09 PM

Ugh. Clearly some flipper bought this property. Do people who have 5M to spend really want this sterile interior? It looks like you could perform surgery on one of the two (double ugh) kitchen islands.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2024 4:42 PM

Ugh indeed!

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2024 6:06 PM

The exterior is timeless and gorgeous. The inside? I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2024 6:13 PM

Why yes, R13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2024 6:21 PM

Wow…a lot of words.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2024 6:49 PM

I don't like it. Presumably it's only that price because of its Home Alone connection?

Or are 5 bedroom houses normally that much there? (I don't live in the US.)

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2024 7:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!