Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Man accused of kidnapping Bumble date, terrorizing her for 5 days gets no jail time

Cute guy kidnapped his date and terrorized her for nearly a week in 2022, but gets no jail time. Just a punishment to donate $50 to a women's shelter.

WTF ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 6:02 AM

Ridiculous! He needs to be much cuter than that to get a walk.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 2:21 AM

Not a good strategy for getting ass, bro.

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 2:21 AM

Does he get to beat up one of the women in the shelter in exchange for his $50?

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 2:22 AM

[quote]A 22-year-old man in Texas

I guess we have our answer.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 2:24 AM

It was a plea bargain, OP is a moron who didn't read his own article

[quote]Mills, who was originally charged with one count of felony aggravated kidnapping, reached a deal with prosecutors in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office in which he agreed to plead guilty to a downgraded charge of misdemeanor assault causing bodily injury. Mills also received a deferred adjudication of guilt, which could not only keep him out of prison but also without a criminal record.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 2:29 AM

Following his initial arrest, Mills’ attorney said his client vehemently denied the allegations levied against him and insinuated that there was more to the story than what the victim relayed to authorities.

“We have a very strong stance that a lot of these did not occur,” defense attorney Chris Denuna told Houston ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. “I think that will show that there’s more to it in their relationship. I think it will show that there’s a history between them. That they’ve spent numerous occasions together amongst other people, whether it’s friends, family that can vouch for their relationship from what they’ve seen as a third-party witness, that can vouch for their characters.”

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 2:29 AM

Read your own quote moron.

[quote]which could not only keep him out of prison but also without a criminal record.

[bold]which could not only keep him out of prison but also without a criminal record.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 2:50 AM

R5 R7 I did read my own article, you dirty old cunts. So why did they offer this plea deal where he got off so gently ? Again - WTF ?

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 2:53 AM

[quote]“We have a very strong stance that a lot of these did not occur,” defense attorney Chris Denuna told Houston ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. “I think that will show that there’s more to it in their relationship. I think it will show that there’s a history between them. That they’ve spent numerous occasions together amongst other people, whether it’s friends, family that can vouch for their relationship from what they’ve seen as a third-party witness, that can vouch for their characters.”

It doesn't matter how much time they spent together or whether they had been dating for decades.

It's Texas, so I suppose the apologists will also affirm that a man cannot rape his wife.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 3:05 AM

r8 For the same reason prosecutors everywhere offer plea deals - they were not convinced they had a solid enough case to win in court

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 3:09 AM

Looks like a Texan James Franco.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 3:18 AM

He was only offered the deal because the case was very weak against him.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 3:32 AM

brick shithouse = innocent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 3:37 AM

You beat me to it r11.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 4:44 AM

Sounds like victim blaming.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 5:55 AM

r13 Cop on the right has a literal shelf for an ass, dear Lord.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 5:59 AM

r1, I'll take him.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 6:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!