Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

tRump Loudly And Repeatedly Booed At Libertarian National Convention

MAGAland is furious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2024 12:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 1:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 1:15 AM

Why did he go there?

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 1:16 AM

I don't know r3, but some staffer is going to be killed tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 1:21 AM

He actually showed a natural, bemused expression when they booed, because he knows what a crock his campaign is.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2024 1:25 AM

Yeah! Woohoo! Why isn't the NY Times reporting this? I don't expect the NY Post to give this prominent coverage but the Tmes should have bold headlines.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2024 1:30 AM

What's the difference between The Post and The Times? Can't see any these days.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2024 1:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2024 1:33 AM

That made my day.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2024 1:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 1:35 AM

But, but... I thought libertarians loved Trump?

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 1:37 AM

Love to see it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 1:37 AM

His abundant charm was lost on this audience.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 1:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 1:43 AM

Wow, he's bombing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 1:44 AM

I need to look up “libertarian.” I think I am one.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 1:47 AM

R11, maybe according to Trump and his sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 1:51 AM

"What's the difference between The Post and The Times? Can't see any these days."

Ripped from next week's NYT headlines: "Why Trump being booed spells doom for Biden and the Democrats."

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2024 1:56 AM

Hehehhe I’m dead 💀

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2024 1:58 AM

[quote] "Why Trump being booed spells doom for Biden and the Democrats."

"All three candidates were invited but Biden was the only one who didn't show up"

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2024 2:02 AM

“They love me, they really love me!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2024 2:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2024 2:11 AM

He showed be booed everywhere he appears.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2024 2:12 AM

Well...Pride season starts next week...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2024 2:21 AM

Any pride event attended he should be ambushed with glitter and poppers in aerosol form. Imagine him gooning in a stage all glittered out.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 2:25 AM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 2:26 AM

I could watch these all day

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 2:29 AM

Glad they booed the orange bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2024 2:31 AM

You know things are bad when you can't even win over the nutcase libertarians. But keep telling us how popular Trump is, MAGA DL trolls!

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2024 2:37 AM

If you don't chime in before the first 10 posts, R26, take the loss and move on to the next Trump thread. Posting late isn't a good look.

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2024 2:37 AM

I love seeing this. His expression when he realizes he is bombing and getting heavily booed. If he only knew how much people despised his pathetic being.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2024 2:42 AM

Wish they would shout, "TRAITOR!!"

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2024 2:46 AM

A little more happiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2024 2:52 AM

DIE ALREADY

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2024 2:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2024 2:54 AM

I did shout that when I went to protest him while he was POTUS, R32, but I do not think he heard me. It was cathartic, though.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2024 2:56 AM

They need to start putting black salve in his self tanner.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2024 3:01 AM

Can you imagine if RFK Jr's people had been cagey enough to keep the squeaky chicken stunt on the down low? Drowned out by a chorus of 🐔🐔🐔.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2024 3:02 AM

It would be great if at every event someone broke into the utility room and shut off the power.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2024 3:05 AM

Welcome to reality, shithead.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2024 3:05 AM

Why didn't they chant," Lock him up, lock him up"?

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2024 3:14 AM

[quote] But, but... I thought libertarians loved Trump?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2024 3:19 AM

It’s the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2024 3:33 AM

Someone brought in a large banner that said ‘No Wannabe Dictators’!

I saw it on that British website everyone hates.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2024 3:34 AM

"Libertarian Party:"

Extreme republicans in casual clothes.

Libertarianism is just Fascism with a facelift. Scratch the surface of Libertarianism and you will find the notion that corporations should rule supreme, just as it was with Fascism..

What Libertarians really stand for:

No Civil rights, voter rights....

No government ability to stop discrimination.

No public education.

No free college education.

No public health insurance.

No Environmental Protection Agency.

No Department of Labor, Education, Commerce…. Without income taxes, no agencies at all!

No Breaking up Banks, in fact, the sky’s the limit!

No Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP…

No National Parks, Monuments, Wilderness areas, Wildlife refuges…

No governmental control on the “Free Market”. Welcome to the dog eat dog society.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2024 3:35 AM

Fun fact-Rose Wilder Lane,the daughter of Laura Ingalls Wilder, was a founder of the Libertarian party.

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2024 3:39 AM

The more they booed the darker his makeup got!

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2024 3:45 AM

This should be included in the background of a pro-Biden commercial.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2024 3:47 AM

R4, I think it’s more likely that one of his staffers will get RAPED tonight. When Donnie’s enraged that shit happens. Just ask Ivana. Oh wait. Never mind

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2024 3:47 AM

R45 you don't seem to know that fascism is. Very little on that shit list is fascism.

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2024 4:13 AM

r6 You're an idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2024 4:23 AM

[quote]But, but... I thought libertarians loved Trump?

That's pretty stupid to have thought that. Libertarians are not Republicans, although they sometimes run on the Republican ticket. There's bad blood between Trump and Libertarians. Senator Flake and Congressman Amash are two examples of fake Republican Libertarians who were anti-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2024 4:24 AM

[50] Well Cunt post our own Libertarian bullshit then. And be sure to quote Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2024 4:25 AM

Didn’t he go in hopes he could get new voters? What a slap in the face. This is really how most Americans feel about him. A worthless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2024 4:27 AM

[quote]Didn’t he go in hopes he could get new voters?

Any Libertarian votes that Republicans pick up certainly helps them, especially in battleground states.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2024 4:32 AM

This is what happens when you step outside of your carefully restricted bubble.

And he was jeering at them. It’s his regular thing of, “Nobody does anything for you anyway. Why not vote for me?”

This should be all over the Sunday news shows today. If it isn’t, we know the media is in the bag for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2024 6:08 AM

Is R45 a Trump troll trying to bash the Libertarians?

Libertarians are more centrist than MAGA. They’ve always been outliers in the conservative movement. They’re like the “fiscally conservative, socially liberal” crowd.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2024 6:15 AM

He was so threatening to them. What a strange way to ask for people’s votes.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2024 6:16 AM

Ha! Serves that treasonous cunt right

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2024 6:19 AM

Would love to see Trump getting heckled by drag queens at a Pride Parade

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2024 6:25 AM

[quote]Libertarians are more centrist than MAGA.

Libertarians are certainly not centrist. Their views are extremist.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2024 6:35 AM

Libertarians are the scum who have enabled Trump for fifty years and turned the republican party into the party of bad government.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2024 6:36 AM

Anyone that thinks Ayn Rand wrote great literature is a dumbass (all Libertarians).

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2024 6:39 AM

#Libertarians is trending on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2024 7:00 AM

I agree with R23 -- Trump should be booed wherever he goes in America.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2024 7:05 AM

Ring the bell and yell "Shame!" over and over at him.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2024 7:23 AM

Magats are outraged orange was booed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2024 8:28 AM

Notice in both of those clips Trump quickly pivots to talking about Biden the instant he realizes the crowd is booing him. That way he can later claim "They were booing Biden!"

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2024 9:14 AM

The libertarian conventiom was invaded by antifa, BLM and the FBI!

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2024 10:39 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2024 12:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2024 1:11 PM

They were woke leftist booers!

by Anonymousreply 72May 26, 2024 1:22 PM

the crowd also cheered for him when he mentioned gun ownership rights

by Anonymousreply 73May 26, 2024 1:22 PM

R68. Is he really that clever to know to do that for that reason?

by Anonymousreply 74May 26, 2024 1:27 PM

[quote] One night President Trump has the Bronx cheering for him

Does Monica Crowley realize what she wrote?

by Anonymousreply 75May 26, 2024 1:29 PM

You can’t trust a man who’ll confiscate your rubber chicken to respect your gun rights.

by Anonymousreply 76May 26, 2024 1:30 PM

What an ignominious history Monica Crowley has had. From first coming to attention as a twentysomething post-president Nixon aide/lickspittle to being a full-blown MAGAt. She knows how to pick 'em.

by Anonymousreply 77May 26, 2024 1:31 PM

R75 he’s getting Bronx cheers wherever he goes now!

by Anonymousreply 78May 26, 2024 1:32 PM

[quote] Does Monica Crowley realize what she wrote?

Yes, she does. Sadly, they all do, really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 26, 2024 1:33 PM

As I was saying @ R20...

Now all the maintream media have to do is report "...as a senior Senator says..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 26, 2024 1:37 PM

R79 I think the poster was referring to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 26, 2024 1:39 PM

Ah ^

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 82May 26, 2024 1:42 PM

"All three candidates were invited but Biden was the only one who didn't show up"

Why should Biden lower himself and be on stage with RFK II and Donald Trump, two of the biggest do nothing, know-nothing-and-proud-of-it dirtball scumbag assholes on the planet?

by Anonymousreply 83May 26, 2024 1:47 PM

He looked like a Beefsteak Tomato about to explode!

by Anonymousreply 84May 26, 2024 1:48 PM

[quote] RFK Jr. has been nominated as a Libertarian presidential candidate at the party's convention today. Party chair Angela McArdle confirms he's able to be nominated and has submitted nomination papers. She called RFK Jr. from the stage just now to ask if he accepts. No response yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 26, 2024 2:02 PM

The Libertarian nom would just tie RFK, Jr., more closely to the republican brand. Good.

by Anonymousreply 86May 26, 2024 2:08 PM

It doesn't matter that he was booed. That's just spectacle. What matters is whether RFK, Jr. and all these other fringe candidates succeed in peeling off enough votes to hurt Biden. We cannot afford to allow that to happen. If we aren't involved in doing something to help Biden-Harris get re elected, then we need to get involved. Donate money or time. Make phone calls, write postcards, but help get people to the polls. Turnout is key. No one can afford to sit home and pout. As my girl, Hillary said a few weeks ago, "Get over it!" We absolutely cannot afford to allow these so called Republicans to gain an inch. Vote Blue up and down the whole ballot. Local elections matter too. Congress, Senate, White House, and state legislatures. Governors. Judges. Do not sit on your ass watching spectacles.

by Anonymousreply 87May 26, 2024 2:09 PM

Trump more afraid of losing GOP votes to Kennedy than he lets on. That’s why he subjected himself (and the Libertarians) to this debacle. I don’t think he’s got a Libertarian cushion to count on. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 88May 26, 2024 2:09 PM

Too bad someone didn’t throw shit in his face. That’s what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 89May 26, 2024 2:10 PM

"mixed reactions"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 26, 2024 2:14 PM

right, the libertarians can't be relied upon as a mirror of the state

by Anonymousreply 91May 26, 2024 2:20 PM

Deets from a reporter, on the scene.

"Former President Trump received mostly boos from the Libertarians (a small VIP section plus 4 front rows) and cheers of support tonight from his supporters (who got most of the other seats) as he spoke in front of the Libertarian National Convention, who on Sunday will be nominating their own candidate for president.

Trump spoke in front of the "Become Ungovernable" logo featuring the anarchist circle-A.

The speech was unprecedented where for a major party candidate speaking at a rival political party's nominating convention.

As the Libertarians (closest few rows to the president) largely booed Trump and the MAGA (about 3/4 of the room, closest to the press riser) cheered him, some Libertarians stood with their backs to the former president during the speech.

Some context for this event can be found in the thread below.

Trump supporters filled much of the room about an hour and a half before the Libertarian delegates finished their work in another ballroom.

Delegates ultimately got back four front rows.

"You have to combine with us," Trump proposed, prompting boos and thumbs down among the Libertarians closest to the stage.

Behind them, Trump supporters cheered and chanted "Trump!"

Libertarian delegate .@starchildsf held a banner saying "NO WANNA-BE DICTATORS!" in front of Trump before it appears that Trump supporters grabbed it away while others chanted "kick them out!" as Trump kept speaking at the Libertarian Convention.

Security roughly forced Libertarian Delegate .@starchildsf away from the speech. (video included on X of security dragging her out, for her bring the sign that hurt Orange Jesus' fees).

Starchild went to the floor multiple times during the struggle, during which time Trump continued speaking without acknowledging the commotion.

"The Libertarian Party should nominate Trump for president of the United States," Trump said, prompting cheers among his own and thumbs down and boos from the Libertarians.

"Only if you wanna win," Trump added. "Maybe you don't wanna win."

Trump said he would make a political prisoner task force including Libertarians on it, prompting them to hold .@Free_Ross signs and chant "Free Ross!" to Trump.

He added that he would "pardon the peaceful January 6 protesters or, as I often call them, the hostages."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 26, 2024 2:21 PM

The loser in this fiasco is the Libertarian Party. They have made themselves appear more unserious and more fringe than before. Anyone associated with the huge blunder of inviting Biden, Kennedy and Trump, all non-Libertarians, should be purged.

by Anonymousreply 93May 26, 2024 2:23 PM

More, from reporter:

""If you vote for me, on day 1, I will commute the sentence of Ross Ulbricht," Trump said, sparking thunderous applause from Libertarian and MAGA.

"He's already served 11 years, we're gonna get him home."

The promise to free .@RealRossU was his strongest moment with the crowd

"You cannot have capitalism and also have open borders," claimed Trump, prompting thumbs down and boos from the Libertarian portion of the crowd, including those with their backs turned to the former president.

"I want your support, and again, you can either nominate us and put us in the position or give us your votes," Trump concluded with the Libertarians, who booed (and squeezed a rubber chicken that made it through security).

"Don't allow the worst president in the history of our country to come back and do the final destruction of America. Thank you very much everybody. God bless you."

I spoke with two of the Libertarian delegates who held their backs to Trump during the speech.

"We don't want him here in the first place. He's not a Libertarian," one told me. "He drone bombed Syria, so for him to claim he started no new wars is just a lie."

The three leading Libertarian candidates for president according to a straw poll spoke after Trump.

@ChaseForLiberty said "We just had a neocon war criminal on our stage a few minutes ago."

"I have a message for Donald Trump: I want you to go to sleep at night and think about all the innocent people in Syria you killed with your airstrikes with your supposed 'no new wars.'"

By this time, as you can see in the clip, most Trump supporters promptly left, leaving only the Libertarian portion of the room.

"What I think has happened today is that the Libertarian Party has moved the needle toward liberty," said Dr. Michael Rectenwald @RecTheRegime.

"We will crack this tyranny!"

"We have started a major movement. Let's keep it going. It's time to wreck the regime!"

Mike ter Maat @terMaatMike, who walked out during the Trump speech said "if you vote anything but a party that represents your values, you are wasting your vote!"

"If you want the real thing, come home to the Libertarian Party!"

I asked the candidates their least favorite part of the Trump speech.

@terMaatMike said "I think it was the part that he said 'hello'" and described Trump claiming he's a Libertarian because he was indicted.

@ChaseForLiberty said Trump claiming he was a Libertarian "is just insulting to our principles" and also "he tried to claim that he started no new wars when he continued the wars that have been going on for decades in this country."

"You don't get credit for not starting new wars, you only get credit for ending wars."

Dr. Michael Rectenwald @RecTheRegime said in response to my question "the Trump speech was so buffoonish and so forth that I couldn't take it that seriously."

"How high are you?" someone in the audience asked.

"Not high enough," he answered. "Hey, I'm living liberty today."

18) I also asked about Trump not speaking about the LP's demands to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden, while promising to free January 6ers.

"Because he's so damn self-serving" said @terMaatMike.

@ChaseForLiberty added: "If Trump cared about anybody but himself, whether you agree with it or not, he would have pardoned those January 6 protesters before he left office."

"He didn't do it because he knew he was going to run for office again and he knew that would be an albatross around his neck."

"When it comes to why he doesn't want to pardon Julian Assange or Edward Snowden, it's because he's part of the warfare state that's exporting death and violence around the world and they exposed it."

As a quick PS: The vast majority of the media in the room was only there for the Trump speech - none of the rest of the convention - and promptly left when it ended.

Everything from this point forward in the thread was after most press packed up."

by Anonymousreply 94May 26, 2024 2:25 PM

I’m with R87,I just think Biden should have made at least ‘’cameo’’ or a representative Harris? because winning is so critical. Trump/advisers expected this response-I don’t think they are desperate,I believe they are confidant and can laugh at what happened.There were some Trump supporters cheering.

by Anonymousreply 95May 26, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote]. They have made themselves appear more unserious and more fringe than before.

they have always been viewed as a childish joke

by Anonymousreply 96May 26, 2024 2:26 PM

So Trump is urging anarchists to "combine with us!!!" Putin needs to get out his check book if Trump is serious.

by Anonymousreply 97May 26, 2024 2:28 PM

The NYT isn't reporting it, but it's the headline story on the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 98May 26, 2024 2:30 PM

He won no new support, R96. Of course his groupies cheered for him, they were paid to do. That doesn't make him a good candidate.

I also have to sit and listen to my boss and nod my head and agree when he says shit, pretending he's a genius. It doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote]At a news conference immediately following Trump’s speech, Chase Oliver, a Libertarian presidential candidate, said that he believed it was a mistake to invite Trump but that he was proud that Libertarians heckled the former president during his remarks. “I don’t like having a war criminal on this stage. I don’t feel he deserves a spot on this stage,” Oliver said. “While I think it was a mistake to have invited Donald Trump, I’m glad he got to see a glimpse of what a real Libertarian reception feels like.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2024 2:41 PM

@r95, What planet of freaks are you living on?

",I believe they are confidant and can laugh at what happened"

Republicans do not have self-awareness, nor do they ever, EVER laugh at themselves. That's some copium you're mainlining today 🤡

by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2024 2:54 PM

I liked Politco's story on Trump at the Libertarian Convention. They tore him a new one.

by Anonymousreply 102May 26, 2024 3:43 PM

Did you read the links, R95? Senator Mike Lee (Idiot, Utah) was wetting himself.

The MAGA are terrified by Trump's reception.

by Anonymousreply 103May 26, 2024 3:43 PM

It shouldn’t be overlooked that much like the steady leaking of votes to Haley’s zombie campaign in the GOP primaries - up to 20% of GOP primary voters refused to vote for Trump - he was at that Libertarian convention last night because he desperately NEEDS THE VOTES. Despite their lies and bluster, they know that much.

The Trump campaign is in trouble.

by Anonymousreply 104May 26, 2024 4:16 PM

R104 is right on. Internal polling must be telling Dump he’s reached a ceiling that he cannot surpass with conventional supporters. Why on earth go to a Libertarian event at all?

by Anonymousreply 105May 26, 2024 4:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 26, 2024 5:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 26, 2024 5:11 PM

His fat piggy face changed to almost every color in the rainbow flag during that speech.

by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2024 5:15 PM

Donald just needs a Margaret White figure in his life to advise: "They're all gonna boo at you".

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2024 5:17 PM

I had no idea there were any female Libertarians. I thought they were all arrested development white guys.

Anyway, I was surprised Trump got booed as much as he did considering there is little difference between his positions and Libertarianism.

by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2024 6:42 PM

Trump is fine with this. He knows THE BLACKS use the term “boo” to mean “my boyfriend.”

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2024 6:48 PM

^ Pretty sure it's "Boo-urns"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2024 7:03 PM

Gold dildos can't be too far behind as a Libertarian convention-goer suggested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2024 7:18 PM

^ Looking forward to the funeral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2024 7:40 PM

^ he'd definitely need more pall bearers.

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2024 7:45 PM

House cats.

They are convinced of their fierce independence while utterly dependent on a system they don't appreciate or understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 26, 2024 7:56 PM

[quote] he'd definitely need more pall bearers

And a pulley and winch.

by Anonymousreply 117May 26, 2024 8:02 PM

[quote]^ he'd definitely need more pall bearers.

Cranes have been arranged for the wack job's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 118May 26, 2024 8:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 26, 2024 8:07 PM

RFK, Jr. loses bid for nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 26, 2024 8:21 PM

I'll be a Trump pallbearer but only if I can wear my finest Scarlett O'Hara funeral frock!

by Anonymousreply 121May 26, 2024 9:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 26, 2024 9:04 PM

CNN had a few segments about the Orange Pied Piper getting booed at the Libertarian Event - both Ron Brownstein and Larry Sabato said it's a sign his campaign is faltering. Also there may be a verdict (Guilty) in the Manhattan trail this coming Friday - of course this will be appealed but he will be a convicted FELON!

Good Times ahead!

by Anonymousreply 123May 26, 2024 9:14 PM

I'll be chilling the Champale R123! And I'm already practicing my conviction dance.

by Anonymousreply 124May 26, 2024 9:17 PM

#Stormy4Prez

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2024 9:54 PM

Uncle Tim responds.

[quote]“Well, I saw a wave of red hats at the Libertarian convention. Donald Trump’s popularity continues to increase, but then he’s not just going to the Libertarian convention. He’s also doing rallies in [the] Bronx. He’s doing something, what I consider a 50-state strategy,” he said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “So I give him a lot of credit and going to places where Republicans have not gone before. If we’re going to win this election cycle, we must go where we’re not invited,” he added. “And to see the former president take that seriously is, in my opinion, a strong sign and one of the reasons why … we are seeing the poll numbers moving in his direction.”

[quote]“He doesn’t just want to win the votes of the American people. He’s trying to win the hearts of the American people, unite our country, and start steering us towards the strongest, most powerful, prosperous future we could have,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 26, 2024 10:08 PM

Trump campaign in trouble amid pending hush money case verdict and boos at Libertarian Convention.

Why that's bad news for Joe Biden.

Written by Maggie Haberman.

by Anonymousreply 128May 26, 2024 10:39 PM

r127

by Anonymousreply 129May 26, 2024 10:41 PM

He wasn't even on-stage long enough to take a proper shit in his pants. Macho, macho man rushed through his speech after he insulted and threatened them. Priceless pussy moves, Orange Jesus!

by Anonymousreply 130May 26, 2024 10:49 PM

@r126, Tim Scott... 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 26, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote] Also there may be a verdict (Guilty) in the Manhattan trail this coming Friday -

From your mouth to God's ear, r123.

by Anonymousreply 132May 26, 2024 10:55 PM

Even if he got the Libertarian nomination, with a few rare exceptions, his votes on that line would be wasted. In New York State, votes for the same candidates on separate "lines" are combined. But I think that is the only state in which that is the case. And states are electing electors anyway. A Libertarian vote for Trump would be wasted.

by Anonymousreply 133May 26, 2024 10:56 PM

IMO he can't tell the difference between booing and cheers. I mean, he can but he doesn't care. He's getting attention. He loves attention, even negative attention. Look at that asshole. He has utter contempt for people.

by Anonymousreply 134May 26, 2024 11:03 PM

Republicans are so clueless. Those boos were a sign of strength! He’s not just winning their votes, he’s winning their hearts! Trump is God’s choice!

by Anonymousreply 135May 26, 2024 11:08 PM

I’m kind of surprised by this. The gay Libertarian I know used to go on about how that worldview was logically the best system there is (“free markets, baby!”) was his line - no regulations, private sector provides all services, etc.. “Obama phones” really set him off. But he went in hard for Trump and now he’s all QAnon adjacent conspiracy theories. Biden is dead and he’s being played by an actor, Covid was an hoax etc. So much for all that high-minded Libertarian “logic”.

by Anonymousreply 136May 26, 2024 11:17 PM

Do you think it ever crosses their tiny minds, that if Trump is God's choice, how come all of Trump's many, many enemies have not been given the mighty SMITE? Or, if "God is in Control", he has allowed so many felons and pedophiles to infiltrate the Republican party and for that same party to be bleeding them dry of their savings, to pay for the legal bills of someone who claims to be a billionaire?

Maybe a thought or two, here or there, until they tune in to hear Jesse Watters or Mark Levin reprogram them?

by Anonymousreply 137May 26, 2024 11:20 PM

Reminded me of this. Now if only it ends the same way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 26, 2024 11:27 PM

You know I've read a lot about Nazi Germany and the immediate aftermath of WW II. I've also watched movies and documentaries about it. Now, when Hitler died, a lot of Naiz followers were despondent. And when the war was declared over and the photos from Auschwitz and Buchenwald were posted and published for the world to see, a lot of Germans were in denial. Their line went something like, Hitler really loved his people and the Americans were filth and lied and the photos were fake and the survivors were actors. A lot of the Hitler followers committed suicide. Not just the top Nazi lunatics. But regular people. I am wondering. If Trump is found guilty, or if Trump dies, will we be faced with mass suicides? It's something to look forward to...

by Anonymousreply 139May 27, 2024 1:40 AM

I am not a Libertarian, and I think they are very much wrong about most of the big questions. But I am surprised that part of the Republican coalition (and they very much are) has not slipped entirely into the Trump Cult. Good for them for still having some principles and some ideals. The Republican Party as a whole has completely given up on all that, but maybe here and there some factions still haven't. Good to see.

by Anonymousreply 140May 27, 2024 1:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 27, 2024 2:44 AM

When Trump has no idea what's going on he salutes 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 27, 2024 2:59 AM

What an infantileasshole. But here's my concern. I don't know who goes to a Libertarian convention, but what bothers me is that a lot of so called libertarians may have an affinity for a lot of things the MAGAs believe in. Although I don't see how they could ever reconcile themselves with an authoritarian state. They're borderline anarchists. my point is if you're the average self described Libertarian, you would probably loathe Bioden as much if not more, than Trump. And if push came to shove and you went out to vote, you'd probably vote for Trump. No? What say you?

by Anonymousreply 143May 27, 2024 3:12 AM

^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 27, 2024 3:19 AM

Libertarians advocate for a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

MAGA is intolerant of diverse lifestyles. They also are against civil liberties. The authoritarianism of MAGA is directly opposed to the principles of libertarianism.

by Anonymousreply 145May 27, 2024 3:20 AM

@r144, I can't wait to find out why that's bad for Joe Biden or what a boost in the polls for Trump this will be 😂

by Anonymousreply 146May 27, 2024 3:26 AM

They don't defend civil liberties. They are keen on using fake religious hate to keep gays down.

by Anonymousreply 147May 27, 2024 3:32 AM

R147 is correct, officially, Libertarians like to think of themselves as hands off with religion, but in practice they use it all the time just like Republicans to get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 148May 27, 2024 8:33 AM

The Libertarians nominated the gay guy from Georgia that caused the run-off in the 2022 Senate race.

Mixed feelings about that.

by Anonymousreply 149May 27, 2024 12:32 PM

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 150May 27, 2024 12:45 PM

I soured on Libertarians completely back when Ron Paul, father of Rand Paul was running around proclaiming his views and attempting to run for POTUS in the times of Barack Obama? It's a scam. Everything third party is a scam. Why? Because our political system is a two party system. It is not a parliamentary democracy. If it were, than we could have a kazillion political parties and they could form coalitions and blah, blah, blah. But here, in Congress you have to caucus with one or the other. No multiple choice. And you have no political clout. So third party candidates are impractical and simply siphon off votes from the two major parties, weighing the outcome in favor of one or the other. They have less than a snowball's chance in hell of winning a statewide or national election. And most third party movements in this country, Amurica, have a single issue to push, and that issue, if it gains traction, usually gets absorbed into the platform of one of the two major parties.

by Anonymousreply 151May 27, 2024 12:52 PM

To top it off, Fredo tweeted a totally offensive remark on Memorial Day weekend. I'm sure military families have something to say. Prompts reaction.

[quote]Eric, whose father is former President Donald Trump, shared another user’s post that featured a photo of the Trump family and the claim that they’d given up “everything to Save America.” “And we will do it again!” Eric wrote.

Reaction:

[quote]“I wasn’t going to tweet anything political this weekend, but i have to make an exception for this,” wrote former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), a former Air Force second lieutenant who is a fierce critic of the Trumps. “Your family has sacrificed nothing, your name will become synonymous with ‘Benedict Arnold’ and how dare you tweet this, THIS weekend,” he wrote on X. “You don’t know the first thing about service you child.”

[quote]Conservative commentator Bill Kristol, meanwhile, called Eric Trump’s tweet “particularly disgusting to post... on Memorial Day weekend.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 27, 2024 12:57 PM

R152, Eric is probably relishing the attention and happy to steal it from Donnie Jr. BTW: Has DOnnie Jr. disappeared? Perhaps rehab? Because I don't recall seeing him lately.

by Anonymousreply 153May 27, 2024 1:02 PM

"January 6 protesters, there has never been a group of people treated so harshly or unfairly in our country's history." Yeah, screw slavery or the massacre of natives, this is the most unfairly hated group in the US history.

by Anonymousreply 154May 27, 2024 1:13 PM

The Libertarian Party in their collective wisdom chose Chase Oliver to be the person who would be the most successful running for president as their nominee, instead of Trump or Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 155May 27, 2024 1:43 PM

Chase Oliver.

[quote]Oliver, who is gay, has said he joined the Libertarian Party after encountering the party at the Atlanta Pride Festival in 2010.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 27, 2024 2:59 PM

^ "—First gay president?"

Did hell freeze over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 27, 2024 3:33 PM

Why not r157? Oh yea of little faith.

by Anonymousreply 158May 27, 2024 4:12 PM

^ oops that should be ye.

by Anonymousreply 159May 27, 2024 4:13 PM

Yes r155. It's almost like they chose a libertarian over a couple of assholes saying, vote for me even though I don't give a shit about you or your opinions, but I might win!

by Anonymousreply 160May 27, 2024 4:25 PM

It's a play to split off the pro-Palestinian youth from the Dems so Trump can win.

by Anonymousreply 161May 27, 2024 4:31 PM

little do they think but trump would be the single worst thing for any palestinians

by Anonymousreply 162May 27, 2024 4:33 PM

Libertarians generally vote either libertarian or republican. Very few were ever going to vote for Biden. If anybody is losing libertarian votes, it's Trump.

by Anonymousreply 163May 27, 2024 4:48 PM

Hillary did an excellent job of framing the issues and the campaign when she recently appeared on Morning Joe. She reminded people of what Hakeem Jeffries said recently. If they can get rid of Abortion Rights, they can get rid of everything. Medicare and Social Security are on the table. So is everything else. Anyone who thinks they're too young or too wealthy to worry about Medicare or Social Security... think again. And the entire economy would be impacted by those cuts.

by Anonymousreply 164May 27, 2024 4:58 PM

But that's not what TikTok tells them, R164.

"Fam" on TikTok tells them different!

by Anonymousreply 165May 27, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote]She reminded people of what Hakeem Jeffries said recently. If they can get rid of Abortion Rights, they can get rid of everything. Medicare and Social Security are on the table.

Old people could let abortion slide. They're not going to allow any cut to Medicare of Social Security. Everyone but the most delusional knew that someday Roe would be overturned, since it was only a judicial decision. Changes to Medicare and Social Security would require action by politicians and that is not going to happen. Scaremongers use it to needlessly frighten old people.

by Anonymousreply 166May 27, 2024 6:38 PM

Horseshit r166. They've been trying for years. They'll succeed one day

by Anonymousreply 167May 27, 2024 6:41 PM

You're delusional, R166.

Donald Trump has the MAGAts wrapped around his little finger, and they're fucking stupid enough to believe him.

All Donnie has to do is tell the MAGAts he wants to eliminate Social Security and Medicare because too many lazy ass blacks and Hispanics and illegal aliens and other assorted chiselers are stealing money from it, and the racist MAGAts will go apeshit and demand Congress eliminate both programs. Even if it means cutting benefits to them, the MAGAts are so fucking deranged they'll cut off their nose to spite their face.

by Anonymousreply 168May 27, 2024 6:47 PM

Exactly r168, MAGATs have always voted against their interests. They are incredibly gullible.

by Anonymousreply 169May 27, 2024 7:24 PM

MAGAts are also the ones that sent $25 a month to the 700 Club.

They're easy marks, which is why Trump ran as a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 170May 27, 2024 7:26 PM

LOL! CNN Was discussing a poll today that had Trump at 42% and Robert Kennedy at 16%. Biden, of course, was losing. Rev. Warnock, the Democratic Senator from Georgia calls it the "poll er coaster."

by Anonymousreply 171May 27, 2024 7:28 PM

The Libertarian in my town was a nice lady and she always kept all the books in a nice straight row.

by Anonymousreply 172May 27, 2024 7:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 27, 2024 7:32 PM

Captain Doofy at the ready...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 27, 2024 7:47 PM

I still think he's looking for an insanity deal...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 27, 2024 7:49 PM

R173, I've noticed the internet re-remembered him saluting the North Korean general this week. I wonder if he's randomly saluting things in an effort mitigate that blunder. Probably just dementia tho

by Anonymousreply 176May 27, 2024 8:14 PM

^ No, he absolutely has no idea what military protocol is, so he salutes everything thinking he's covered

by Anonymousreply 177May 27, 2024 8:18 PM

Go back to bashing Hillary, r166.

by Anonymousreply 178May 27, 2024 8:21 PM

DL fave and Republican boyfriend Adam K has read Eric Trump for filth after a particularly reprehensible post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 27, 2024 8:26 PM

I love it when Adam drags one of the Trump family. Hot!

by Anonymousreply 180May 27, 2024 9:37 PM

I'm sorry, but Chasten is cuter than Pete, even when chubby. All I see is Mickey Mouse in Pete's face. He does nothing for me. I'd fuck Chasten though.

by Anonymousreply 181May 27, 2024 10:05 PM

^ DL thanks you for your candid revelation 🙄

by Anonymousreply 182May 27, 2024 10:22 PM

It must be really upsetting to Donald that he could be a convicted felon within 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 183May 27, 2024 10:23 PM

^From your thumbs to God’s ears.

by Anonymousreply 184May 27, 2024 10:38 PM

For someone who responds so well to obsequiousness, it’s surprising no one has seduced him to his demise. All you have to do is tell him what he wants to hear and you’re in the room with him to do whatever you want.

by Anonymousreply 185May 27, 2024 10:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 27, 2024 11:37 PM

[quote]For someone who responds so well to obsequiousness, it’s surprising no one has seduced him to his demise. All you have to do is tell him what he wants to hear and you’re in the room with him to do whatever you want.

Been there, done that. It was amazingly simple.

by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2024 11:52 PM

Trump loves boos!

by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2024 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!