Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

No one actually reads most the books that are sold

I went to the used bookstore and most the books looked like the spine was never cracked.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 12:04 AM

Yourself included, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 10:18 PM

Keep trolling, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 10:26 PM

Books only really look read/used if you carry them around with you. If you leave them on your bedside table, treat them well, and keep them away from food and drink, they continue to look virtually new, even paperbacks. Plenty of books on biblio.com and so on are described as "as new."

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 10:27 PM

I was a huge bookworm as a kid (though partially as a way to escape a toxic home environment) but I now find myself downloading all these books to my kindle that I never ever read. Just possessing them gets the job done. My reluctance to immerse myself in books these days bugs me and is something I want to fix, but does seem pretty common

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 10:27 PM

"most the"

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 10:29 PM

Did someone say crack?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 10:37 PM

I take off the dust jacket of a hardcover when I read them.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 10:46 PM

I used to work in thrift shop when I was in high school and I remember us getting copy after copy of ‘A Million Little Pieces’ by James Frey after his controversy, which I can’t even remember what it was about.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 10:49 PM

I never crack the spines, breaks my mind.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 10:50 PM

R9 He lied about various things in the book.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 10:51 PM

Maybe the used bookstore is picky about the books they accept for resale. Maybe there are people capable of reading a book without wrecking it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 11:06 PM

[quote] looked like the spine was never cracked.

That just shows how a book was mistreated. I bet you cracked them till they laid flat on the table and you read while you ate.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 12:01 AM

R4 your brain actually processes information differently on the screen than on the page so that’s why many bookworms struggle to adjust to ebooks

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!