Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your biggest pet peeves that immediately make you hate someone?

For me, if they are lazy AND stupid.

You can be one or the other, but if you're both, then I'm gonna do some evil shit to you.

(my sister-in-law brings the Lucifer out in me)

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2024 8:56 PM

Uptalking.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 10:09 PM

Meanness. As an Irishman, if you don't offer to buy a drink you are seriously outside of normal behaviour. I Know an Irish guy who's worth 50million, was dating a Spannish guy who was an ordinary joe. He was flown first class to NYC regularly and given every comfort. One day my friend said he had to break up with his Spannish guy, cos even after flying to NYC, if they went into a Starbucks, the guy wouldn't offer to buy the coffees.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 10:15 PM

Lack of boundaries and respect for others' personal space. I once had a roommate who, within the first day of moving in, rearranged everything in the living room and then opened my closed bedroom door and looked around for aspirin, despite having been told to never go in there unless invited.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 10:19 PM

Haughtiness. I hate people who look down on their fellow humans.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 10:21 PM

Good one r3. My parents were the worst for allowing us bits of privacy and then violating it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 10:23 PM

r2, your rich Irish friend's high-end rent-boy sounds like he was following appropriate protocol, all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 10:36 PM

Any man over 30 stanning some female pop singer- Swift, Gaga, Kylie, Nicki.....

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 10:42 PM

Cheapness is really gross. There are some people, like me, who are cheap because they have no money, but if you are even middle class, don’t be cheap.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 10:48 PM

When they own dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 11:02 PM

People who ask intrusive, personal questions and then PERSIST when you give them a general or vague answer.

The persisting is actually the problem. Anyone can mindlessly or nervously ask a personal question in an attempt to make conversation. It's the people who double down and persist with the probing questions trying to extract personal information that I find rude and aggressive and instantly dislike.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 11:05 PM

The loud.

The boastful.

The know-it-alls.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 11:05 PM

Hoarders. Baby-tasters.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 11:11 PM

People who don’t keep their word. Example, “I’ll be there by 5:00” and then they never show up.

People who tell stories without providing any background or context. They will randomly start blabbing about their friend Gary or something even though I don’t know who the fuck Gary is.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 11:18 PM

Racist.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 11:18 PM

Label kweeens, head to toe in Prada or LV.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 11:19 PM

Ankle sock wearers

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 11:31 PM

Agree with all of the above. In addition:

Anyone who expects me to be impressed by their car. Cars can be beautiful things. But unless it's a classic you've restored yourself, it's just a way of getting from point A to point B.

Showing up underdressed for business or formal occasions. It's a clear message of "fuck you" to the host/hostess/other guests and I don't need or appreciate it.

Overt snobbery about food/drink/etc. I appreciate good food and drink. But sometimes a meal is just a meal. You're in a diner in Tuckahoe at 3 in the fucking AM. Deal with it.

If you are gay and call yourself A-list or if you are straight and call yourself Alpha, you are not and you are also not worth my time.

This might be a niche thing, but people who halt interaction with you to suddenly talk loudly on their cell phone about their power-lunch with (put celebrity here) need to be taken out to the gravel pit by the present governor of the state of South Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 11:31 PM

Loud people, people who don't bear right on the sidewalk, people who think they can walk wherever the fuck they want if they are walking a dog, people who interrupt and talk over people in a group conversation, people who don't return a greeting or thank you, people who leave a mess, rudeness and inconsiderate behavior in general.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 11:45 PM

Temper

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 11:47 PM

Trumper

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 11:48 PM

Vocal fry

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 11:49 PM

People that brag - directly or indirectly - about how much money they have. I used to have a co-worker who managed to brag in a roundabout way about how much more he was getting paid than I was by complaining about the cost of maintaining a house in Connecticut, all while knowing I rented a one bedroom in Queens.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 11:53 PM

Walking on my heels. Invading my personal space. Choosing to sit opposite or near me in an empty bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2024 1:13 AM

Unnecessary capitalization. I see it all the time on reddit and it makes me think the person is a pompous retard.

"I'm currently the Direct Supervisor of a group of Loan Officers at a Large Commerical Bank...."

by Anonymousreply 24May 26, 2024 5:10 AM

Grammar.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 6:24 AM

R24, didn't that used to be a German thing? I have seen all nouns capitalized in comments on German product reviews and social media posts.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 7:15 AM

Frauitis

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 7:19 AM

Old guys who argue about everything, then yell, "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT! WE'RE DONE!" when it becomes obvious that they're losing the debate they started or if someone refuses to continue arguing.

My landlord and my dad both do this. They're both in their 80s and expect to have the last word, yet get infuriated if I walk away/hang up and allow them to have it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2024 7:28 AM

People who are unkind to fatties at the gym.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2024 7:31 AM

r10, I too hate intrusive personal questions. I have a friend who deals with this with ruthless efficiency. When asked something she doesn't want to answer, she fixes the offending questioner with a cold stare that could cause frostbite and says, "That's a VERY personal question, don't you think?" It might be worth practicing.

by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2024 7:36 AM

I don't know about that. It's my experience most people just talk about themselves. It's refreshing when someone actually shows an interest in you.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2024 7:42 AM

People who use speakerphone in public. Killing them should be rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2024 7:48 AM

There are commonplace questions, such as "what do you do for a living"? , or "what part of town do you live in?" Those are perfectly fine. But when people ask you if you're married and you say, "no" and they do a follow up of "why not?' that's an intrusive question. Or if they start playing twenty questions to give them a fix on your age, that's intrusive. Or asking how much money you make, or why you don't go to church. These are just things that strangers have no business asking.

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2024 7:52 AM

R3, this happened with an old lady roommate that told me through tears that she couldn’t watch “Mad Men” the first couple of years after quitting smoking because it triggered her so badly.

I would only smoke 1-2 cigs while drinking out at the bars.

I realized when something had been moved she had been in my room a few times and promptly left a few packs openfaced in all my drawers.

She was also trying to lose weight and would eat my food, so I’d buy all kinds of delectable desserts as well.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2024 10:57 AM

Smoking and/or vaping. Automatic disqualification.

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2024 11:06 AM

Strangers who interrupt me or try to talk to me when I am wearing my earbuds. The main reason I’m wearing them on the street or at the gym is because I don’t want to be bothered. Invasion of personal space and asking personal/too many questions are also at the top of my list.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2024 11:08 AM

Probably more than pet peeves but rudeness, littering, condescension, people who abuse or exploit animals, the elderly, the disabled, or children. Other realtors who overdo the constant preening and posing. Yuk. Republicans. I still have friends who call themselves Republicans but they aren’t in my daily life so we don’t talk politics. I know that most hate Trump but they aren’t doing much to stop him.

Also, culottes or whatever it is that middle America women wear. What are those things? They are atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2024 11:17 AM

One more: British media have started non-capitalization of acronyms and it drives me bananas: Nasa, Atf, Bbc…may as well write the name of this country as the Usa. So, I guess I hate all of the British media.

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2024 11:20 AM

You have to keep this quiet, but if somebody has Downs Syndrome, I have to keep myself in check because they go out of their way to annoy the shit out of me. And, no, it’s not like it’s only happened once or twice.

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2024 11:30 AM

R36, that happened to me a few weeks ago in the gym. I was on a machine between reps, buds in, music playing, in my own world and this old guy motions me to take them off. I do. He really felt I really needed to know that he thought I looked like the spitting image of some government official, the name of whom, title, and department he couldn't remember. I was polite to him, only after realizing what a grandiose asshole he was. Did I really need to know what he thought?

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2024 11:40 AM

Gym pet peeve: you're on a machine and some schmuck just has to use the same machine NOW! Instead of asking to work in, they stand and glare at you. It really triggers my passive-aggressive self. I ignore them and take my fucking time.

Just wanting to work in when the place isn't that crowded is fucking annoying. I workout in a five story YMCA that has lots of weight machines, aerobic machines, a running track, free weights, a pool, etc. within a few feet, you can't find anything else to do for 4 minutes? Fuck off you entitled prick.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2024 11:46 AM

People who watch video material on their phones on public transportation or at work....without earbuds!

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2024 11:53 AM

Coworkers who bring in cakes, donuts, candies, etc. It is usually the fatsos on staff who do this. One fatso told me she brought things in because she didn't want them in her house because she'll eat them. I told her, listen you fat cunt, that's exactly why I don't keep this shit at home and why you shouldn't bring that shit into work. Ok, I didn't call her a fat a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2024 12:19 PM

Houses with "In this house..." signs, meaningless or overly political signs, like the fool around the corner from me that has a big, hand made RESIST! sign in the window of their $900,000 condo or a BLM sign in the window of a multi-million dollar brownstone on a street where no black people live and a neighborhood with not many black people.

Men who do to women what they would never do to another man, unless the man was smaller than they.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2024 12:33 PM

Not saying thank you after blowing me.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2024 12:51 PM

^^^especially when they omit the Sir

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2024 12:55 PM

In addition to some people being nosy and obnoxious, self-help books also contribute to some people asking too many personal questions immediately upon meeting someone.

Self-help books should be amended to clarify: 1. If someone gives you a general answer, that means they don't want to discuss it! No need to keep prying, it's rude and will not help you make friends. 2. You are not Barbara Walters or a reporter and you do not have the right to "interview" someone with a bunch of probing questions. The person is not a celebrity and did not agree to an interview with you! 3. Keep your questions general, you do not need to know if a person you just met leases their vehicle or if they own or rent their home.

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2024 1:31 PM

People who hold their phones in front of their mouth flat so they are parallel to the ground and place the call on speakerphone because they are afraid of holding up to their head.

Just get some earbuds you dumb cunts.

by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2024 1:46 PM

If they say "like" or "you know" every other word. I just want to zap them with a stun gun every time until they fucking stop.

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2024 1:53 PM

political conservatism

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2024 1:55 PM

Snobbery, vocal fry, calling everything awesome, holding your fork like a garden hose, littering, stealing, thinking it’s cute to be rude.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2024 2:00 PM

The greedy myna birds who dive bomb other birds I feed.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2024 2:01 PM

It doesn't make me hate someone, but in Isaiah Berlin's hedgehog/fox schema, I am often annoyed by the hedgehogs who can only apprehend the world through one lens. A friend sees everything through politics. We're both liberal, but his immediate assessment of anything -- person, place, thing -- involves political categorization.

I have had other friends over the years who do the same, but through the lenses of religion or being gay.

The world is a huge, complex, nuanced place. It can rarely, if ever, be reduced to one thing.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2024 2:02 PM

Self-absorbed rude fucks who think they exist in a world all their own - this includes the shitheads who play videos on their phone in public, who never get out of the way on the sidewalk when someone wants to get by, people living in apartments who are loud as fuck and slam doors at all hours of the day, the dolts who block supermarket aisles with their carts and stop at the top or bottom of an escalator...shall I go on?

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2024 2:06 PM

Add the ones who rush into an elevator or onto a bus before seeing if anyone wants to get out first.

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2024 2:10 PM

This is a very New York City thing, people who hold conversations in the middle of the sidewalk and expect everyone to walk around them. A social scientist who studied crowds and public behavior in several cities noted this as only happening in NYC. It happens all the fucking time. One time I was walking up Christopher and this guy and this woman were doing this, face to face, perpendicular to the flow of foot traffic and in the middle of the sidewalk. I walked right between them. Damn, did that queen cuss me out! I laughed all the way to the subway.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2024 2:15 PM

R53, do you mean like R50?

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2024 2:24 PM

Poor vaginal hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2024 3:42 PM

Snobbery.

Stingy.

Petty.

Calculating.

Inconsiderate.

No manners.

Conceited.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2024 4:04 PM

flag fetishism. It's a fucking piece of cloth, not a symbol of sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2024 4:15 PM

antiabortionists. Not in the Bible, not religion, not moral.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2024 4:15 PM

also not scientific.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2024 4:16 PM

toxic narcissist preachers dealing with their children

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2024 4:17 PM

To add to shop doorway dawdlers, supermarket aisle conversationalists, and high street quartet socialites: dog owners with their pets on twelve foot leads, the dogs being omnidirectional and the lead in your way. Not only do you need to wait till the dog has stopped being adorably boisterous, you're expected to let the smiling owner know how very charmed you are. I never am.

by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2024 4:17 PM

[quote]Strangers who interrupt me or try to talk to me when I am wearing my earbuds. The main reason I’m wearing them on the street or at the gym is because I don’t want to be bothered. Invasion of personal space and asking personal/too many questions are also at the top of my list.

Oh FFS. Maybe they didn't see them. "Invade personal space": what a first-world problem.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2024 4:24 PM

That reminds me, R64, I was walking on Christopher Street many years ago on a weekday fall afternoon. I had just gotten a great massage (no release, alas) from a spa down the street. This old guy was looking in a shop window, while his little dog had walked a few feet down the street and was sniffing a hydrant. The dog was on one of those reel leashes that can go for many feet. Basically, the dog had walked about 10 feet away from the guy and lease was making the street impassable. I walked up to the guy and nicely and all smiley said, Hi, (he turns and starts to smile) the lease is blocking the sidewalk. His face instantly turned to a scowl and in a very fem voice, snarled, "Oh, go fuck yourself!!!" I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2024 4:52 PM

On the topic of people who grill you with intrusive questions, when those same people evade even the most basic questions you ask in return.

Deflection, being evasive....what are hiding? Or are they that boring they make anyone else the main attraction.

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2024 8:11 PM

when they describe something other than food as "delicious"

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2024 10:12 PM

R67 they're manipulators compiling their little dossier on you

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2024 11:14 PM

A cute guy with an ink sleeve on his leg.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2024 12:58 AM

Anyone who wants to chat in the stairway.

I take the stairs to avoid chatting or not chatting with people in an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2024 1:31 AM

[Quote]Or are they that boring they make anyone else the main attraction.

This is me. I am boring, and I hate being the centre of any attention, so I tend to make conversations all about the other person. But, I do not ask intrusive questions. 9 times out of 10, you simply ask how someone is and they'll start yammering away about themselves. Meanwhile, I can smile, nod and make appropriate noises of encouragement whilst letting my mind drift to absolutely anything else.

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2024 1:54 AM

The mixing of polka pots and plaid, no...

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2024 2:44 AM

Those loose apostrophe’s.

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2024 3:34 AM

Holding an elevator's doors so you can continue your conversation with someone who has exited or remains on the elevator after you have left.

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2024 12:37 PM

Relentless unsolicited advice. Excessive speaking, especially complaining, without respect to the other persons( victims) thoughts. When someone is trying to get attention by attempting to sound intelligent on a subject in which clearly they aren't. Too little respect for silence. Racism and overt religiosity are repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2024 3:32 PM

Foreign tourists who fly to NYC and pretend they don't know how to tip.

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2024 4:05 PM

I will give a British, American Southern or Australian accent the benefit of the doubt, but too often it is the prelude to cuntishness (or in the case of Australians, celebratory boorishness).

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2024 4:36 PM

Pathological contrarianism.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2024 4:42 PM

Loud chewing.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2024 4:44 PM

Dog or cat haters.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2024 5:00 PM

Republic party member.

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2024 5:02 PM

People who make shit lists on social media forums.

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2024 5:17 PM

Hating people injects bile into your system. Save it for the few who are truly irredeemable and have some effect on your life. Avoid the rest. If it's someone you know who has said something hurtful and stupid, do not reinforce the emotion but try to think of something positive. If you don't focus on it, the person's influence will diminish.

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2024 5:28 PM

People taking their pets too seriously. Fur babies, rainbow bridge, all that type of shit.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2024 5:55 PM

People who practice weaponized incompetence- either at work or in their personal lives. Grow the fuck up and learn it, instead of expecting others to carry your dead weight.

People who take advantage of others because they think they can- whether it be a subordinate, a family member, a friend, etc.- they prey on the good will of others who for whatever reason do not or cannot stop them from taking advantage. IE, dumping your tasks on a subordinate, dumping parental care or familial responsibilities on siblings or a parent because they don’t want to deal with them.

Meanness, acting superior, pomposity- nope.

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2024 6:05 PM

Young women in professional settings who talk in that sexy baby voice. I just want to start SLAPPING!!!

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2024 6:18 PM

Unfeeling cunts who can’t attach to another living thing. A waste of humanity and likely Trumptard(s).

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2024 7:11 PM

People with little to no critical thinking skills. It's the same ones on here who get upset when others are able to see/discuss multiple sides of the same story.

People who hold on to one truth and only one truth and will NEVER even entertain the idea that there may be another side to a story

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2024 9:23 PM

Talking on speakerphone in public.

Talking on the phone while driving.

Letting your kids cry, scream, fight, make a mess in public while you ignore it or think it's fine.

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2024 9:39 PM

Pseudo intellectuals. People who think catchphrases and hyperbole are indicative of intellect.

by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2024 10:10 PM

YouTube voice.

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2024 10:38 PM

People that cut you off just so they don't have to wait in the same traffic lineup they're cutting into.

Fucking assholes. I gun my engine and am very purposeful about not letting them in, if I can help it.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2024 10:46 PM

Sandals on gross feet. Seriously, use a nail clipper and heck you buff your own feet in the shower with your own two non-trimmed sets of fingernails.

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2024 11:06 PM

Attention-seekers.

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2024 11:09 PM

Star sign freaks.

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2024 11:36 PM

"Pathological contrarianism."

This is a lawyer thing but it borders on narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 97May 28, 2024 5:44 AM

Compulsive anal bleaching

by Anonymousreply 98May 28, 2024 5:48 AM

Users

by Anonymousreply 99May 28, 2024 6:08 AM

Self-centredness

I’m not an extra in your film. Ask about MY DAY sometime , you narcissistic cunt!!

by Anonymousreply 100May 28, 2024 6:30 AM

Lateness, flakiness, people who don't respect your time.

by Anonymousreply 101May 28, 2024 6:32 AM

Celebrity worshippers

by Anonymousreply 102May 28, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote]if somebody has Downs Syndrome, I have to keep myself in check because they go out of their way to annoy the shit out of me.

Probably because you say Downs Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 103May 28, 2024 10:11 PM

Beggars

by Anonymousreply 104June 1, 2024 6:54 PM

Fussiness in men—overly picky about things, grossed out by blood or shit or bodies, etc.

It’s effeminate and off putting.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2024 7:03 PM

r25, for me, specifically, not knowing or using Adverbs.

r105, Mr. Dahmer, methinks you protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2024 7:04 PM

Why do you have to use adverbs? Technically, you can use just nouns and verbs. In fact, minimizing the use of adverbs and adjectives is preferred (Strunk & White, Elements of Style).

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2024 7:06 PM

r107, when I hear someone say "slice it thin", "walk quick", "sing quiet", or the like, I move them to the uneducated and uneducable pile of human ignorance and ignoring. We were talking about the biggest PERSONAL pet peeves, yes? And I do not hate them.

I pity them.

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2024 7:13 PM

Ok, I know this is a particular pet-peeve of mine, but anyone who starts to whistle loudly to the oint of carrying a whole tune drives me mad. Yes, I do more ve to get away, but sometimes its hard to remove yourself far away enough not to be exposed to it.

by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2024 7:14 PM

[quote]anyone who starts to whistle loudly to the point of carrying a whole tune drives me mad.

I do this. But I don't realize I'm doing it most of the time. Fact is, I'm alone most of the time, so no one is usually bothered by my whistling. You should know, though, that if you ask me to stop, I'll stop. It's that simple. You don't even have to ask nicely, though that is certainly appreciated. Just ask.

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2024 7:44 PM

Subtle, almost invisible ageism. It is EVERYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 111June 1, 2024 8:10 PM

Unless you gave as much attention to older people as younger people when you were young, you have no right to be peeved about it.

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2024 8:14 PM

I won't say I gave a lot of attention to older people, but I was always respectful.

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2024 8:26 PM

R112 - I did, and I do.

by Anonymousreply 114June 1, 2024 11:01 PM

Indian immigrants. I'm surrounded by them where I live (close to Toronto). They are loud, do not teach their kids manners, stink of rancid BO, emanate offensive cookng odours into other people's space, have dirty homes that create pest problems, hork and spit openly in publicly shared spaces and are highly racist toward all other races. Just a horrid culture. Bringing property values down wherever they go. They've ruined this part of the city. Thanks Trudeau. He brought 1.3 million here in 2023 alone.

by Anonymousreply 115June 1, 2024 11:14 PM

MAGA

by Anonymousreply 116June 1, 2024 11:34 PM

“Like” every third word.

“LITERALLY!” when they mean figuratively.

SSHHHtrong instead of strong. (This is a thing with broadcasters now.) No such thing as an S- sound .. it’s always an SH-sound. Why did this happen? And why is everyone copying it?

by Anonymousreply 117June 1, 2024 11:37 PM

People who resort to violence at the slightest provocation, including violent words and threats.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2024 3:08 AM

Pepole who don't recognize sarcasm and pretend to be threatened.

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2024 3:52 AM

People who say everything in a sarcastic tone.

by Anonymousreply 120June 2, 2024 3:53 AM

People who use the word "literally" and "like" repeatedly

by Anonymousreply 121June 2, 2024 3:54 AM

Poor diction.

by Anonymousreply 122June 2, 2024 3:56 AM

People who take a general comment personally. Nobody was talking about you, toots.

by Anonymousreply 123June 2, 2024 5:14 AM

People who take AGES to back into parking spaces in lots near busy roads. Cars waiting end up spilling out onto the road. So dangerous. If they can't back in to the spot smoothly and quickly, they need to perfect their skills in quiet parking lots until they can. Also, people who take ages to back out of parking spots. If it's that fucking scary for them, they can walk or catch a bus.

People who do the speed limit in the right line in Australia. Do that in the left lane and leave the right lane for people overtaking.

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2024 6:46 AM

R29, I'm with you on that. If someone fat has taken the initiative to go to a gym, then he's trying to deal with the problem and deserves the dignity of being welcomed. It also takes courage to go to a gym when you're 20+ pounds overweight.

by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2024 11:44 AM

R33, respectfully disagree on the questions about what you do for a living and where you live. Espevially for people of modest occupation and circumstances, these can seem like status-searching questions--i.e., are you on my level? I get instant cringe when asked these questions. Even when I had a higher-status job, it bugged me. Just let that information come out naturally in conversation. No need to specifically ask.

by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2024 11:49 AM

I have never immediately hated anyone.

by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2024 11:55 AM

R48, I think people do that instead of earbuds because they're afraid the earbuds will expose them to greater amounts of radiation from the cell phone. Earbuds, rightly or wrongly. are perceived as a health risk. The idea is that the earbuds provide a direct path of cell-phone radiation to the brain.

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2024 12:04 PM

1. People who are rude to waiters or sales clerks. I don’t understand having a chip on your shoulder towards people who are trying to help you.

2. If someone declines an invitation for Christmas dinner, asking them 10 more times isn’t going to make it any more appealing. It’s nagging. As I told one neighbor after her she refused to let the topic die, “‘No’ means no. Whether it’s about sex or a holiday dinner. As a woman you should know that and respect it.”

by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote]Strangers who interrupt me or try to talk to me when I am wearing my earbuds. The main reason I’m wearing them on the street or at the gym is because I don’t want to be bothered. Invasion of personal space and asking personal/too many questions are also at the top of my list.

Someone may be trying to get your attention in order to save your life, you fool. But you just go ahead and ignore them; no skin off their back, however the next music you hear could be a dirge.

by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2024 3:14 PM

someone you just met and they ask invasive and personal questions...

are you rich? how much do you make a year? This person was a friend of a friend and a whore from Serbia who is obviously trying to land a rich man, too bad she can't tell I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote]Someone may be trying to get your attention in order to save your life, you fool. But you just go ahead and ignore them; no skin off their back, however the next music you hear could be a dirge. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 132June 2, 2024 11:56 PM

If they talk and sound like the YouTube “Grammarly” ad spots’ vocal-fry-speaking woman.

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2024 12:13 AM

When they do the agent look - seeing if there is someone else they could be talking to as they talk to you.

by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2024 5:21 AM

People who speak in the third person. I don’t need to hear anything else, they’re assholes.

People who drive the speed limit in the #1 lane.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2024 5:37 AM

R135, in general, people who drive slower than the flow of traffic in any lane but the right lane. If the average speed is 65, I don't care what the speed limit is, you should keep up. It's dangerous to force everyone to go around you.

But then there are the people who tailgate even when there's traffic ahead. I can't go any faster than the car in front of me, so get off my ass.

by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2024 8:00 AM

R136, sometimes people think because they're doing the limit, that they can be in the fast lane. But if they accelerate really slowly and everyone is using the left lane to pass them, they need to pay attention, speed up or ship out. Often when I pass cars like this, the driver is talking and using their left hand to make gestures. People like this need to get off the road!

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2024 8:06 AM

Sports- burger- bacon- beer-worshiping ball-cap-wearing 45-year-old+ BROS in soccer slides.

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2024 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!