Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I finally broke down and subscribed to Appletv

I watched 2 episodes of Severence and 1 of Palm Royale.

Palm Royale is not quite what expected. I'm more into Severence. Any other recommendations?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2024 4:42 AM

torrents and the cloud.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 9:39 PM

For All Mankind

Silo

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 10:07 PM

The Morning Show is very enjoyable. Slight dip in season 2 which was disrupted by Covid.

Hijack with Idris Elba and a load of British tv regulars is a lot of fun

Slow Horses is a fantastic spy thriller with great performances

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 10:12 PM

What r2 said. I especially enjoyed Silo.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 10:31 PM

Also: Bad Sisters was brilliant. Sugar was ok. The New Look was moving but got boring. I hate Ted Lasso.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 10:33 PM

Also: We Crashed was campy fun. Drops of God took itself too seriously-- I read some of the manga and it was more entertaining than the show. The After-party didn't appeal to me, but if you liked Glass Onion you might like it. Shrinking is easy to watch like an old sitcom but it's very repetitive and I didn't care for some of the supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 10:36 PM

Rule of thumb: If it's an Apple+ original, IT STINKS!

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 10:37 PM

Bullshit^^^. I loved Severance, and Silo was good as well.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 10:40 PM

My personal faves: Slow Horses, For All Mankind, Severance, Manhunt, Silo, Foundation. Invasion, Servant, 5 Days at Memorial Franklin was meh, and could not get into Palm Royale, Loot or Shrinking.

I've enjoyed some of the movies too (Coda, LA Confidential, Godfather)

I've watched Come From Away many times. I wish they did more theatre.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 11:00 PM

The Morning Show, SILO, prehistoric planet (like planet earth but with dinosaurs), Dickinson

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 11:14 PM

I love Loot. The writing is snappy, Maya and supporting actors area great, 30 minute elisodes. It’s fun!

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 11:18 PM

R3 has my exact recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 11:25 PM

Don’t forget Ted Lasso.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 1:18 AM

I can't afford another 80.00 per month.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 1:19 AM

Severence is weird but I'm hooked. Only on episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 1:21 AM

It's 10.00 R14.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 1:24 AM

I love Severance! Adam Scott is really talented as the lead. I feel so awful for Mark.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 1:25 AM

I'm starting to get a scieno vibes from the break room hijinks and robotic worker drones in that weird fucking building.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2024 2:39 AM

Comedies: Ted Lasso, Trying, Still Up, Bad Sisters, Loot

Action/Intrigue: Slow Horses, Hijack

Dramas: Lessons in Chemistry, The New Look, Sugar, Manhunt

Well Regarded Shows I Don't Watch: For All Mankind, Servant, Liaison (in French with Vincent Cassel and Eva Green), Mythic Quest, Schmigadoon, Foundation

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2024 3:02 AM

Shrinking was fine. Harrison Ford is so old now.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2024 4:37 AM

I enjoyed Sugar, though mostly for the pretty cinematography and pretty Colin Farrell.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2024 4:39 AM

The New Look is uneven, but overall worth seeing--it has probably the two finest performances I've seen this year in a TV drama: Ben Mendelsohn as the gentle, steadfast, melancholy Christian Dior, and Juliette Binoche as the mercurial and constantly scheming Coco Chanel.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2024 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!