Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift Music.

I listened to this chick back in 2013 when I was 33? And I SWIFTLY moved on..

This morning I took a semi deep dive.

She has 2 really good songs- Getaway Car, Cruel Summer- I added these two my playlists.. Some decent ones- Maroon, the duo with Lana... (Snow in NY, or something)

I think the best album by far is 1989.

I am left thinking WTF... Just a basic- BASIC- pop star.

I appreciate a songwriter, and this shit is solid pop. But what the fuck. Solid voice- reminds me of 1984-1989 Madonna, vocally. (Not a Madonna fan either- but not a hater)

I downloaded the live version of Cruel Summer from LA, as well- she has tons of backing vocals like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2024 12:05 AM

Delicate is good too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 12:50 PM

Don't know any of her stuff except that awful Shake It Off crap. I quit listening to the radio a long time ago except occasionally and when i do its on classic rock/alternative or oldies aka 80s music.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 1:00 PM

Watched a video of her on stage. She seems like a big boned gal shaking it in an ice skater costume. And sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 1:04 PM

Shake it off is pure garbage

Thanks R1!! Checking that out now-

ALSO- I want to add that this chick treats all of her employees EXTREMELY well- and its worth noting-

And do like her mid range voice- Its solid and I like the tone. (The only person I can compare her vocals to really is Madonna, in her prime- I always like Madonna's non remarkable but warm tone)

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 1:10 PM

R3, her costumes are ridiculous when I've seen pics of her on stage. They do look like skating or majorette costumes.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 1:16 PM

I take that back- Snow On The Beach is BEAUTIFUL

The irony is not lost on me that the far more talented (and deeper) Lana graces this song-

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 11:17 PM

Haters gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 11:19 PM

I like that she stands for goodness:, and the fact that she's so many fans might mean there's still good kids in the world and shes a decent role model. But as a pop star, she's so bland the popularity is mystifying. I knew u were trouble when u walked in, is terrific though.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 11:24 PM

33 and listening to Taylor. Why?

44 and returning for another listen?

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 11:29 PM

R8! That was the song that made me a fan :) (For a year anyway)

i cannot believe that I was ever 33. and fuck, I was too old for her then!

and I agree with what you said-

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 11:30 PM

"I listened to this chick back in 2013 when I was 33?"

? You don't remember?

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 11:31 PM

Jesus FUCK i know this place too well.

Beat you to it, CUNT- R9. Well you beat me as we were typing at the same time.

I will always trash myself before you fuckers ever will.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 11:31 PM

She's the "best" by virtue of the competition being so awful.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 11:32 PM

Oh man, Misery has arrived. R10 and R11- Welcome.

And I am out!

Utterly predictable.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 11:33 PM

Delicate is far and away her best song.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 11:33 PM

She sucks ass. When she dies she'll suck ass in hell.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 11:34 PM

r14 Oh man

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 11:37 PM

I was making a playlist of 90’s white female pop today and it makes so much sense why she’s so popular.

Since Gwen Stefani in 2003, white pop females have crossed over to making either black oriented music or gay oriented music.

Taylor Swift has been filling the void of artists like Jewel, Sheryl Crowe, Natalie Merchant, Donna Lewis, Lisa Loeb, Sophie B. Hawkins, Paula Cole, etc etc.

It makes sense why white women go crazy over her. She’s the only one making music specifically for them.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2024 9:10 PM

Wonderland and Getaway Car are officially two of my faves- Marooned is very good- I always liked Style as well-

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2024 9:27 PM

[quote]Taylor Swift has been filling the void of artists like Jewel, Sheryl Crowe, Natalie Merchant, Donna Lewis, Lisa Loeb, Sophie B. Hawkins, Paula Cole, etc etc.

There’s a void of these type of white female singer-songwriters today. They were all the rage in the late ‘90s Lilith Fair era, then Britney Spears came on the scene and pop music was dumbed down considerably.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2024 9:34 PM

R20 Young Britney was still white girl music.

Once she started doing “I’m A Slave 4 U” and “Toxic” and playing up urban music and gay oriented music did white girls lose interest in her.

The Taylor Swift songs I like are usually songs that I would have like in the 90s as a kid. She’s the only one still making white girl torch songs. Songs like “Torn”, “A Thousand Miles”, Sheryl Crow, etc. Taylor very much draws from them.

Everyone else can be too sassy or ethnic to connect to white girls the way Taylor can.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2024 11:57 PM

She's successful because she's created a giant cult of psychopathic women to push the narrative that she's talented.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2024 12:00 AM

She’s succeeding because the competition is either nonexistent or terrible.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2024 12:02 AM

There’s a puppy boy in my town and the only woman he would ever top is Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2024 12:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!