Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My kink is fantasizing about an old Jew...

...from Vermont... winning the 2020 primary. Unlike some (most?) of the eldergays on here, he's living proof that getting old does not have to mean getting regressive, reactionary and racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 4:47 AM

Bernie has been consistently on the mark. Maybe because he has nothing to lose, but he is speaking the truth these days. Many things can be true at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 3:32 AM

R1 - I would argue that he's gotten MORE progressive on this particular issue. Earlier in Israel's war on Palestine, he was more reticent to speak out against their actions. There are some on the Left who still criticize him for not being even more forceful and for using the "G" word. While I personally think that description of Israel's disproportionate actions is accurate, I don't get hung up on the semantics. It just causes inflammatory binary arguments, so I understand why he doesn't go that far.

It's telling that even Chuck and Nancy have been critical of Israel. There aren't more mainstream Dems than them.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 3:37 AM

Sorry, that should have read "There are some on the Left who still criticize him for not being even more forceful and for *NOT* using the "G" word."

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 3:38 AM

He's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 3:42 AM

He's a Jewish Uncle Tom, ranting from the safety of one of his several Vermont mansions while the Israelis run for the bunkers several times a day.

And of course he's running in 2028 again. They'll run his corpse if they have to.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 3:52 AM

It means getting a second Dachau.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 3:54 AM

It’s not easy being Green.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 5:57 AM

R7 - That made me genuinely laugh. You clever clogs tickle me.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 6:50 AM

If Bernie had won the primary in 2020, Trump would be president now and Gaza would have been nuked. That’s some kink you have there.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 9:32 PM

If Bernie had won the primary in either 2016 or 2020, I wouldn't have voted in the general. He would've been as awful a president as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 9:59 PM

OP look up the g-word definition. Then read the charter of Hamas. Israel has gone too far, but Hamas openly states the “g-word”.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 10:10 PM

Oh, I'm not some Hamas apologist. I don't think of them as "freedom fighters" who sometimes go over the line. They're largely a terrorist organization and their methodologies have only made the situation for Palestinians worse. But let's also not pretend that Netanyahu has deliberately helped Hamas stay in power and even indirectly helped fund them because having them as an enemy, rather than the weakened Palestinian Authority has been good politics for him for decades now.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 12:43 AM

OHMYGAWD!

Hilarious! You're actually conned by this lazy, entitled, useless, hypocritical, nasty old dilettante!?

Wonders never cease!

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!