Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Recommendations for a thank you gift for a veterinarian hospital?

My cat was admitted to the vet hospital today through an ER visit. I hope to be able to bring her home tomorrow but would like to bring something to the staff. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2024 1:59 AM

Lots of money to pay the bill.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 3:20 AM

Coffee and or coffee gift cards?

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 3:21 AM

Baked goods. Even just donuts. Drop it off early in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 3:28 AM

A pot of jam, or a roast leg of lamb.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 3:31 AM

Is she a rescue cat?

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 4:00 AM

It's a steal at $250 a jar!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 4:01 AM

I just realized for the first time that the American Riviera Orchard logo is in Meghan's actual calligraphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 4:06 AM

A giant box of clean towels, a giant bag of dog and cat kibble, a flat of different flavors/textured (e.g., pate, shreds, cuts in gravy) wet food, a bag of pet toys, cat litter, boxes of old newspapers (for shredding then lining litter boxes; I discovered this hack when my cat had an amputation, and vet said store-bought litter could lodge in healing skin, setting up infection, plus it would be painful just scratching in it).

Plus cat or dog-shaped cake or cupcakes.

It's so kind of you to consider treating the people who treated your pet.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 4:19 AM

R8 here; forgot to add how grateful vet clinics/hospitals/pet rescues are for newspaper donations these days, because every day fewer and fewer people even take the daily (or Sunday) paper.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 4:40 AM

DO NOT BRING DONUTS. Those always get thrown out.

If you are near a Chick Fil A get a platter of those mini sandwiches, people love those.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 4:44 AM

Chinese food…….with a lease hanging out of the bag

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 5:14 AM

Leash.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 5:20 AM

Oh you should get them one of those rolling suitcases, OP. Maybe in ivory with brass fittings.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 5:32 AM

Just pay them. They're doing their job. Quit projecting your love for your feline friend all over a business transaction.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 5:36 AM

One of those tubs of cat cookies from Trader Joe’s?

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 5:50 AM

I think it’s a great idea, OP. There is a vet shortage all over the country these days. The poor staff who work these jobs are overworked and underpaid. They also tolerate a lot of verbal and even physical abuse. Someone has to care for animals and it’s great that you’re recognizing the value vets and staff provide society.

I’m with R8 because such donations will make their lives a bit easier.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 5:54 AM

Some people can manage to inject racism into any situation. Congratulations.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 5:58 AM

I think that’s lovely, OP. Maybe a box of butter cookies from a nice bakery?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 6:22 AM

If you’re in Flyoverstan, puppy chow is a must.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 6:25 AM

Towels & stuff like that are nice, but I think food -- human food -- is better. You are expressing thanks to the people who treated your animal well.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 7:18 AM

If you do food, get something prepackaged so they feel safe eating it.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 7:19 AM

A good friend is a vet tech, and I asked her the staff's favorite item: A big bag of bite-sized candy.

It can be a treat for themselves (and the docs) between patient visits, and can also be given to kids who get too antsy in the waiting room. They also use it as a extra treat for cleaning up "surprises". The particular fave in her office is a Hersheys/Reeses mixed bag.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 5:21 PM

A carton of Virginia Slims.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2024 5:26 PM

Yeah, coffee is a good idea. I would add some baked goods, though.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2024 7:26 PM

I sent a thank you card and a gift card to a nearby coffee chain after my cat vet came to my house to put down my lovely, very unwell super senior boy. They were so kind and thoughtful during a truly horrible time. I was heartbroken, and my card overlapped with them sending me condolence flowers.

by Anonymousreply 25May 26, 2024 1:02 AM

I'd never give a gift to a vet clinic. It's not like they're helping my animals for free. If I don't pay straight away, they'd let my pets die.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2024 1:19 AM

OP, this is a lovely gesture. Yes, you are paying but as others have said, it’s a tough job and they have to see a lot of pain and suffering yet still come in every day to do it all again. And there is nothing wrong with saying thanks in a more personal way.

When my mother died in the ICU ten years ago, I sent the staff a very , very large Harry and David package and thanked them each by name except for that bitch Michelle who rolled her eyes when I asked to see my dying mother one last time before visiting hours were over. Fuck you, Michelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2024 1:34 AM

A subscription to the Wine-of-the-Month Club.

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2024 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!