Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Judge Judy Dumps Duplex

Judge-and Mr-Judy put their Sutton Place duplex on the market.

Unfortunately, the infamous gay duo of Tom and Mickey are the selling agents. Ugh—less said the better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2024 9:59 PM

Boring and blah considering the luxury price.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2024 10:17 PM

I think it's beautiful and well-decorated. So nice not to see everything in gray / beige / white.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2024 10:44 PM

I could be very happy there.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2024 10:55 PM

Pretty humble place considering she’s closing in on being a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2024 11:00 PM

Dreadful dated old-lady decor.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2024 11:01 PM

R4. It’s only a pied-à-terre. ;)

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2024 11:05 PM

The latest promo =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2024 11:07 PM

the staging is so gauche to me, particularly the plants. . . but the neighbourhood is the best

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2024 11:18 PM

The best of …what?

There are a dozen neighborhoods in Manhattan just as nice, or even nicer.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2024 11:30 PM

Those black tiles in the white marble(?) floor are irritating, ugly, useless and exactly what for? Matchy matchy reference to the staircase?

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2024 11:38 PM

What's so bad about Tom and Mickey? They seemed fine on Selling New York.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2024 11:59 PM

r11 wasn't there a family of a mother and daughters on that show, and they all had weird pumpkin shaped heads?

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 12:04 AM

From the New York Times:

"The two bought the Sutton Place home in 2013 for use as a pied-à-terre, paying $8.5 million."

For sale 11 years later at "only" $9.5 million. That doesn't seem to much of an increase. Has the Manhattan real estate market leveled off?

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 12:07 AM

Buildings crumble, dumb is forevah!

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2024 12:24 AM

3Do any of the rooms look directly onto the river? Boring. Little Old Ladyish.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 12:27 AM

R11 quite obnoxious, especially since the one started out as B-list lounge singer on cruise ships… wisteria sisters, climbing their way up the side of a house in search of respectability. It’s a bit much coming from real estate salesmen.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 12:47 AM

It’s a very segmented market. TLDR: very few people are looking to buy on Sutton Place, with a gut renovation expected.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 12:49 AM

I like it, especially the red dining room, I'm with R3, so nice to see something not gray/beige/white everywhere

Here's the Compass listing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 12:55 AM

I like the terrace but the inside of the apartment is nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 6:33 AM

I think she has horrible granny taste in muddy colors and furnishings, but the apartment is lovely and makes the most of its penthouse setting. With great light and views all around, set back from surrounding buildings, it really does feel like an apartment in the sky. Less the furnishings of course, and with some very modest changes to the finishes, I love the apartment. Too bad one of the reception rooms isn't a little larger, likewise the ceilings could be higher, but it's a great apartment. And the terraces with all the red brick architecture around afre perfect.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 8:32 AM

So many bathrooms. They are pretty nice ones, too. But still. I think it's missing some spaces a "grand apartment" should have - maids room, large pantry, breakfast room or breakfast nook of some kind, a laundry room - store room, exercise room.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 8:56 AM

A powder room in the library and another terlet off the kitchen…very weak upper floor.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 9:15 PM

She's a repub & doesn't want to a pay a penny for any migrants.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2024 9:39 PM

"Migrants"

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2024 9:45 PM

Stunning and tastefully decorated

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2024 9:46 PM

The opposite of homey or warm or comfortable-looking. It looks like a hotel for lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2024 9:49 PM

Oh my! It has been a few years for sure, and at first I thought, "How can he be that old?" but I met Tom right about the time he became interested in real estate. It coincided with not much happening on the cabaret front. I remember him talking about how nice it was to finally get "good furniture from Pottery Barn." Growing up, I thought lounge singing and people saying things like "That's showbiz!" were characterization devices for other forms of entertainment. I had had no idea that there were folks so wholly absorbed by that sphere. He strikes me as the answer to Judge Judy's prayers as far as selling the place goes.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2024 9:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!