Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meet the New A-List: The 10 Young Movie Stars Taking Hollywood by Storm

Are Timothée, Sydney and Glen the new Leo, Scarlett and Tom? Studio execs are certainly hoping they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2024 1:06 AM

Why isn't Emma Corrin there? Disgusting non binary phobia to exclude them.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2024 4:52 PM

To answer your question, NO they are not.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2024 4:58 PM

R1 because she isn’t expected to be an A list movie actress. These are movie stars. Shes television.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2024 4:59 PM

No, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2024 5:00 PM

There are no stars anymore because people just want to stay home and stream. Why can't these studios just accept that we now have actors for hire and not movie stars?

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2024 5:01 PM

Glen Powell is 35 - I think calling him "young" is a stretch.

Whenever they make these young Hollywood lists, has any of them ever actually hit huge A-list status?

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2024 5:03 PM

R5 funny you say this here but on threads about movies you can’t seem to grasp this fact. People stream.

With that said, they still need stars who get people to stream the movie. People don’t stream just anything.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2024 5:04 PM

R6 yes. Some have. Leo, Brad, Julia, Tom Cruise, Will Smith etc. were all once on these lists.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2024 5:04 PM

If they're the new A-list, Hollywood is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2024 5:06 PM

Well if these are the "stars" of the future, Hollywood is truly fucked and over. I will say these new A-list "stars" are more arrogant than the stars of yesteryear and they get way too much credit than they actually deserve. I don't get why we are so quick to label Glen Powell the next big thing based on just one successful rom-com. Hollywood exaggerates the contributions of Timothee Chalamet but ignore the IP argument behind his successful films.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2024 5:08 PM

Glen Powell isn’t happening despite them forcing him to. He’s gonna be 36 in October. He’s the oldest person on the list.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2024 5:12 PM

This is maybe the dullest, least talented (or overrated) bunch of actors I've seen in one of these things in quite a while. If this is the future, then no wonder Hollywood is in the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2024 5:15 PM

Hollywood is in the shitter due to its own bad choices. The actors have nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2024 5:16 PM

R11 is the ageist troll from the other Glen Powell thread. Your logic doesn't hold. Bradley Cooper broke out at roughly the same age. Powell has been working since he was 17 and he's not a nepo baby so no wonder it took him forever to break out. Also, it's not like every child star or actor who starts very young goes on to have a successful career in their later years. I'm just saying everybody is different. Look it's not like Glen is 80 for Christ's sake and even if he doesn't get the viable, sustained leading man career, I can see him getting supporting/character roles because I think he is (for now) generally well liked.

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2024 5:19 PM

The obsessive over-posting of threads about these "stars" on DL makes (most of) them seem like they've already peaked and are well and truly over.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2024 5:19 PM

This was just an excuse to post that stupid blow-up doll, Sidney Sweatny.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2024 5:20 PM

R14 that isn’t ageism. It’s reality. He will be 40 in four years. They’re pushing him as some sort of college aged frat type in the media. How long can that last for someone creeping toward 40? Let’s be fucking for real.

You all will criticize Tom Holland, Timmy and Zendaya for not being “young” enough for the roles they play but they’re almost a decade younger than this guy.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2024 5:22 PM

Hollywood will always be trying to find their next Julia even if it's the last thing they do. They said every girl was going to be the next Julia - Rachel McAdams, JLaw, Sydney Sweeney, Margot Robbie, etc. I suppose JLaw is still technically "A List" but the hype around her has greatly diminished and her clout has greatly diminished.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2024 5:25 PM

I can not understand the obsession with Glen Powell. He looks like a derpier version of Clint Eastwood's son.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2024 5:26 PM

R17: I don't think they are pushing him as the frat boy type. His most recent roles all seem age appropriate to me. At least he looks like he can play a variety of mature/older characters. Chalamet will always look like a teenager and that I think is a much bigger problem.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]Chalamet will always look like a teenager and that I think is a much bigger problem

He might make a handsome middle-aged man one day, who knows (if he puts on a little weight/muscle).

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2024 5:33 PM

There is a huge problem with this list, not with the people but with the state of the industry

Austin Butler - 32

Timothée Chalamet - 28

Jacob Elordi - 26

Paul Mescal - 28

Jenna Ortega - 21

Glen Powell - 36

Florence Pugh - 28

Sydney Sweeney - 26

Anya Taylor-Joy - 28

Zendaya - 26

Tom Cruise was 23 when Top Gun came out. Julia Roberts was 22 in Pretty Woman. Leonardo DiCaprio was 23 when Titanic came out.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2024 5:33 PM

R18 Rachel McAdams wasn’t A-List? She certainly was and is. She was never called the next Roberts though.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2024 5:34 PM

At least Cynthia Erivo wasn't on it.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2024 5:34 PM

R22 Tom Cruise breakout role was Risky Business. Not Top Gun.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2024 5:34 PM

R22 those ages are more in line with the golden age of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote] At least Cynthia Erivo wasn't on it.

They said "young."

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2024 5:38 PM

Julia Roberts wasn't the prettiest actress and she certainly wasn't the most talented actress in Hollywood. I will concede that she had that special it factor that carried even the shittiest films to big box office numbers. Nobody on this list has that spark - none of them.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2024 5:38 PM

Not a single person on that list is unpredictable though. This isn’t even a topic of discussion. We all know these are the actors Hollywood has been making into the next batch of leading men and ladies, unless you’ve been living under a rock. If you’ve been online you know Austin Butler has been heralded as one of the next A-Listers after Elvis. You know Paul Mescal has been named one of the next A-Listers after his successful run with Normal People/Aftersun/Streetcar (tv/film/stage). You know Timmy has already been named A-List after a string of successful films. You know Florence Pugh has been heavily used and made to be A-List. You know Jacob Elordi has been on the list after his critically acclaimed performances in Priscilla and Saltburn. You know Zendaya has been named A-List for a while now… none of this is news.

The most shocking person on the list is the one creeping toward 40. His age group was in the previous generations up and coming. He is late to the game. Michael B Jordan is his age group, not Timmy.

Also, it should be acknowledged that this new crop only has one black person, and she’s an ambiguous biracial woman with a very tall and slender figure, a figure not associated with black women usually. There is no “next Viola” on this list. No next “Denzel” on this list.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2024 5:46 PM

I keep confusing the dead-eyed Sweeney bitch with Billie Eilish.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2024 5:46 PM

R28 Julia has “IT”. 100%. Same as Sandra. Same as Will Smith. Some people are just stars. Massive Talent is not necessary. But you need to be good at whatever it is you do, and Julia was the best at what she did.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2024 5:49 PM

R11 Practically in the grave.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2024 5:50 PM

r29, I agree with you, that was my first impression as well. They probably would have added either Jonathan Majors or Chadwick Boseman if it not for JM's behaviour and CB's death.

r30- same heavily lidded eyes and open mouth..

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2024 5:51 PM

Austin Butler is only 3 years younger than Glen Powell. Why are people acting like he's SO MUCH YOUNGER and that Glen is an old man?

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2024 5:53 PM

R25 my point exactly. Tom Cruise was already a STAR at 23.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2024 5:54 PM

You guys keeping dismissing Glen Powell at your peril. Of course we all know about Anyone But You but he co-wrote Hitman, which is getting great reviews. Also, the box office is wide open this July and August so Twisters has the potential to do gangbusters.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2024 5:54 PM

I know I'm going way back (sorry but I have a lot of classic film interest) - Greer Garson made her *first* movie at 35. And became a huge star.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2024 5:55 PM

R34: Some people just present as young and some people just present as old. I concede that age has always been a problem for the vast majority of actresses and for some male actors but for the life of me I don't get why this one poster keeps acting like Powell is at death's door or something.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2024 5:57 PM

R33 in what world would Chadwick Boseman be on this list in 2024????

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2024 6:01 PM

Powell isn’t at deaths door but he’s never gonna be the movie lead they suddenly want him to be outside of romcoms.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2024 6:02 PM

R37 what the hell is wrong with you.

Seriously, what is wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2024 6:05 PM

God Help Us!

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2024 6:13 PM

I don't know about Hitman getting good reviews, but I can tell you it has the cheesiest, cheapest, most unappealing ad campaign I've seen in a while. I was driving down Santa Monica Blvd this week and saw at least four billboards for it and they were all a huge turnoff. Just super ugly and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2024 6:23 PM

I don't know if this is at all relevant, but Austin Butler has been acting for 17 years, over half his current lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2024 6:27 PM

It's not like Covid caused all the movie stars to disappear. The dearth of legitimate stars and appealing movies was in Hollywood way before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2024 6:30 PM

R43 the movie is mostly boring and I hated the end

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2024 6:31 PM

What successful movies have Jacob Erode and Paul Mescal starred in?

That's the problem with modern day Hollywood--they anoint new actors with status that they haven't earned yet. Where are the receipts?

Used to be, an actor had to prove himself at the box-office before he was called the new IT boy, or before he was cast in every new movie. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leo and George earned their A-list positions thru proven box-office success.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2024 6:44 PM

R47 upthread you acknowledge we are living in the streaming age but then with this post you fail to acknowledge the same thing you already acknowledged upthread? Make it make sense.

You should seriously stop posting.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2024 6:46 PM

I don't know if it's because of social media but a lot people on this list are incredibly snooty and arrogant. I guess the Internet and the pressures of staying at the top really fucks with their heads. Also, I echo R47. They get WAY too much credit than they actually deserve.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2024 6:47 PM

R49 you are r47. Same person, different account.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2024 6:49 PM

I'd rather see a decently talented, charismatic actor hitting his prime in his mid-thirties than reading gushing articles that pretend that the likes of Depp, Pitt, and DiCaprio are still sexy heartthrobs into their sixties (there are plenty of those out there).

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2024 6:55 PM

*Sorry--Pitt and Depp are sixty; DiCaprio is a decade younger. But still.

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2024 6:57 PM

I think today's Hollywood quickly anoints new actors with status they haven't earned yet because let's face it the industry is at its knees. They put the new IT girl in every other movie and call the fresh guy the new IT boy and they'll keep repeating it over and over again in the hopes that some people will actually start believing it. Once they believe it, they'll hopefully see his or her movies. Once everybody hates the actor, the industry will stop with the overexposure and move on to the next fresh and hungrier actor/actress.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2024 6:58 PM

It's pathetic that we still have to pretend DiCaprio is a heartthrob both on and off screen.

by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2024 7:00 PM

Leo is ASexy to me. Always has been.

He had a brief period where his face was cute and innocent - even somewhat good looking.

But that was BRIEF.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote]Sydney Sweeney - 26

This dumb bitch needs to join the 27 club.

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2024 7:38 PM

Bloody Hell ! It's because I'm straight isn't it ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2024 7:54 PM

I’ve got a theory about current “stars” — social media makes everyone of them too accessible, therefore less mysterious…the aura and intrigue is gone.

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2024 8:23 PM

R58 They'll never be another Garbo gramps

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2024 8:35 PM

I'm not sure I technically belong on the A-list yet, but I sure as fuck look like I belong on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2024 8:36 PM

Even with social media and the plethora of Hollywood magazines fawning over the current crop of "stars," I'm amazed at how unknown a lot of them still are to a lot of people. A few years ago I was watching Cruella with my cousin and she had no idea who Emma Stone was. She didn't know the lead actress of Cruella and Emma had been established for a long time already. It's fine that Hollywood will die trying to make Chalamet the next DiCaprio but stop labeling him as some sort of household name with broad appeal.

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2024 8:47 PM

A puff piece about nepo babies and pretty but talentless (mostly) Gen Z actors. Groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2024 8:48 PM

R62: The only nepo baby I see is Chalamet. Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2024 8:51 PM

R61 many of them aren’t unknown. And they’re known to the generation they’re for, Gen Z and Millenials. They aren’t for Gen X and older. Theyre the next crop.

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2024 9:35 PM

And they’re the 10 most in demand young actors right now. Studios wanna work with them. That’s why they’re now A- or A List. Once the studios don’t care about working with them anymore they will be considered B.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2024 9:36 PM

If it's any consolation to the Chalamet haters or Powell haters or Zendaya haters, nobody is hot forever anymore.

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2024 9:47 PM

Paul is cute but quite average in most ways. He sure the fuck isn't a big silver screen heartthrob.

by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2024 9:51 PM

Why isn't Spiderman guy (Zendaya's) bf on the list?

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2024 10:03 PM

Don’t they need a few more movies under their belts or an Oscar to be considered A list? No wonder Hollywood is deteriorating.

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2024 10:19 PM

R68, he was too short to reach the list and add his name.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2024 10:22 PM

Actresses really do age out of Hollywood fast. Margot Robbie is only 34 and she didn't make the list even though she produced and headlined Barbie. In regards to Glen Powell, I'm not saying he is very young but he's no geezer either.

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2024 10:28 PM

Mostly white and mostly talentless - what a shock.

by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2024 10:29 PM

R72 = Zendaya

by Anonymousreply 73May 24, 2024 10:30 PM

Why did they pick such ugly pictures?

by Anonymousreply 74May 24, 2024 10:30 PM

R74: Because they're ugly themselves.

by Anonymousreply 75May 24, 2024 10:31 PM

Margot is transitioning to District Attorney roles.

by Anonymousreply 76May 24, 2024 10:37 PM

[quote] Tom Cruise was 23 when Top Gun came out. Julia Roberts was 22 in Pretty Woman. Leonardo DiCaprio was 23 when Titanic came out.

True. And Al Pacino was 32 when he hit the A List when The Godfather was released. Jack Nicholson was in his mid to late thirties when he hit it big with both critical acclaim and public recognition. So late bloomer A Lister is a thing that happened to some of the best actors.

by Anonymousreply 77May 24, 2024 10:42 PM

I'd probably appreciate some of the people on this list more if Hollywood didn't relentlessly shove them down my throat. That's one thing I don't like about today's woke Hollywood. They foist actors on us and tell us that we must like them.

by Anonymousreply 78May 24, 2024 10:45 PM

HEAR, HEAR r78!

by Anonymousreply 79May 24, 2024 10:46 PM

Recall when they were trying to shill this beauty as the next Chris Hemsworth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 24, 2024 11:06 PM

^^He's just GAWJUS, i tell you!

by Anonymousreply 81May 24, 2024 11:08 PM

Don't you need to pick up some hardware like a Bafta to be considered A List? Last time I checked Timotay was 0 for 3 at the Golden Globes.

by Anonymousreply 82May 24, 2024 11:09 PM

Hmm. Jenny Ortega, Jacob Elordi, Florence Pugh, Jacob Elordi, Austin Butler … they don’t feel like A-list, at all.

Timmy has the Bob Dylan movie and that will show whether he can make a biopic a hit.

Zendaya flopped with Challengers, no matter how much they try to spin it as a hit.

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2024 12:01 AM

R83: Yeah the Bob Dylan film should be interesting. This time he will have nowhere to hide and no IP material to help him out.

In all regards, Challengers is a flop. There’s no reason it should’ve cost $55 million to make but you know most of the budget was for Zendaya and Amy Pascal’s salaries.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2024 12:11 AM

why isn't Lily Rose Depp on the list?

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2024 12:22 AM

R83: I think the Dylan film will get a hybrid release or it will be available exclusively on streaming.

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2024 12:26 AM

Great list and so excited to see what each one of them will do. Timothee and Zendaya are already superstars, will be nice to see the others move into the superstar realm.

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2024 12:27 AM

Said no one ever R87.

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2024 12:32 AM

This topic is being discussed all over my FYP on TikTok. Hollywood themselves are screwing themselves over by releasing everything on digital so quickly. THIS is why so many movies are underperforming.

I told my sister we should go watch The Strangers and she replied to me there’s no reason to, it will be on VOD or a streamer very soon. Shes in her 20s. When she said this it fully registered in my brain, this is how Gen Z thinks. And that’s why they aren’t going to theaters unless it’s must see to them.

The studios have shot themselves in the foot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2024 1:40 AM

R69 you can become A List overnight. You don’t need tons of movies and an Oscar means nothing as far as status. Many actors have gotten Oscar nods and aren’t household names.

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2024 1:41 AM

R71 ARE YOU SLOW? She didn’t make the list because she is already A List. She was on the list after Wolf of Wall Street. She’s been a star since.

I swear, I can’t take someone who comments all over a thread they don’t even understand. You clearly don’t know what THE NEXT A LISTERS mean. Margot Robbie is already there. Stupid ass.

Get off here and go to school. You just confirmed you’re stupid.

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2024 1:43 AM

R83 Challengers didn’t flop. STOP DISCUSSING SHIT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2024 1:44 AM

If Glen Powell at 35 is old, does that make a teenager middle aged?

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2024 1:50 AM

R71 did you really say Margot Robbie? The same Margot Robbie whose breakout role was in 2013? That Margot Robbie? You expect someone whose breakout role happened in 2013 to be on “the next A List” list in 2024? You clearly don’t know what A List is and don’t understand what this list is. Margot Robbie has been on the A List for a decade. She was even named the Breakout Star of 2014, ten years ago.

If you don’t understand the topic, don’t discuss it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2024 1:51 AM

Breakout role was in 2013 but that person thinks she would be on a list for the “NEXT” (keyword is NEXT) Hollywood A List. You can’t make this up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2024 1:53 AM

R59 Garbo reference? You must be a Gramps yourself.

by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2024 1:56 AM

But why isn’t she on the 2024 breakout list????

Maybe because her breakout role was a decade ago. I seriously am in disbelief by that poster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 25, 2024 1:56 AM

I gotta say, Florence Pugh is magnificent. She deserves every bit of acclaim that she gets.

by Anonymousreply 98May 25, 2024 1:56 AM

R97 that same poster mentioned Chadwick Boseman. He said had he been alive he would be on the list. The same Chadwick Boseman who became a household name with the blockbuster Marvel film Black Panther and started starring in numerous films. That Chadwick Boseman would be on a breakout list in 2024. Clearly they don’t know what young Hollywood is.

Powell is not staying around long.

by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2024 2:00 AM

100!

by Anonymousreply 100May 25, 2024 2:05 AM

Come back to me in 10 years and we'll see if any of these "stars" are still hot. It wasn't long ago that they said Jennifer Lawrence and Zac Efron would stay hot forever and be in every other movie.

by Anonymousreply 101May 25, 2024 2:08 AM

Chadwick Bozeman was 43 when he died. He was going to be on a list of young Hollywood??

by Anonymousreply 102May 25, 2024 3:55 PM

R102 not to mention he had already become a huge star off Black Panther. That poster doesn’t understand the list at all.

by Anonymousreply 103May 25, 2024 4:03 PM

Denzel Washington really helped the careers of Butler and Powell. He’s great at spotting future stars.

by Anonymousreply 104May 25, 2024 4:18 PM

Yeah these "stars" are really saving Hollywood's ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 25, 2024 4:25 PM

R105 you’re out of touch with what is happening. Only you aren’t. You acknowledged it upthread.

by Anonymousreply 106May 25, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote]Whenever they make these young Hollywood lists, has any of them ever actually hit huge A-list status?

Yes, Chalamet absolutely has. As the article says,

[quote] No other actor can boast leading two live-action films that were box office successes in the past year: Chalamet’s December tentpole Wonka brought in $632.3 million and March’s Dune: Part Two crossed $700 million

by Anonymousreply 107May 25, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote]If you don’t understand the topic, don’t discuss it.

Good Lord you're cunty.

by Anonymousreply 108May 25, 2024 4:32 PM

R107: No he hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 109May 25, 2024 4:34 PM

Honey, some of those A-Listers you keep mentioning were on these types of lists 30+ years ago. Julia was on these lists at one point. Leo was. Will Smith was. Brad Pitt was after Thelma & Louise came out.

You may not feel today’s young actors hold a candle to the Gen X actors 30+ years ago but time will tell.

As for bringing up box office, nothing is performing well right now. Hollywood fucked themselves over with streaming. Period. It’s an actual discussion happening at this moment. I was just in a film buffs live and someone asked how he feels about “IF” underperforming and he said “everything is underperforming this year”.

by Anonymousreply 110May 25, 2024 5:26 PM

I don't take these lists seriously because all these people (past and present) are overrated and easily replaceable. There's so many aspiring, unknown actors who could be amazing, but nobody gives them a chance because they're not popular enough, pretty enough, young/sexy enough..........

by Anonymousreply 111May 25, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote]Hollywood fucked themselves over with streaming.

Laughing because this is so true.

by Anonymousreply 112May 25, 2024 5:40 PM

It's the names over and over again taking all of the roles that should go to more talented actors. More than half of Hollywood's current and recent output is already commercialized, generic, bland and homogenized garbage.

How much lower do they want to go? How much more do they want to limit themselves? Same shit is happening in the music industry with the likes of Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff.

Excessive greed and a desperate hunger for fame really does ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 113May 25, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] Hollywood fucked themselves over with streaming. Period.

Can't they just stop doing it?

by Anonymousreply 114May 25, 2024 8:09 PM

[quote] It's the names over and over again taking all of the roles that should go to more talented actors.

That's been true for many years.

by Anonymousreply 115May 25, 2024 8:10 PM

None of these "stars" can put asses in seats. There ain't nobody on Earth checking for the latest Sindy Sweeny film.

by Anonymousreply 116May 25, 2024 8:12 PM

R115 True but this is a different younger and even smaller clique of actors who are far less talented than their predecessors.

by Anonymousreply 117May 25, 2024 8:15 PM

No black actors or actresses on the list?

by Anonymousreply 118May 25, 2024 9:01 PM

Barry Keoghan has charisma, unlike Jacob Elordi.

by Anonymousreply 119May 25, 2024 9:05 PM

The math ain't mathin'!

by Anonymousreply 120May 25, 2024 9:06 PM

Stop trying to make Sydney Sweeney happen. Of the ten names listed, she is the one that truly baffles me the most.

by Anonymousreply 121May 25, 2024 9:20 PM

Sweeney is a talented star and popular right now.

by Anonymousreply 122May 25, 2024 9:22 PM

R122 = Sydney Sweeney's press agent

by Anonymousreply 123May 25, 2024 9:28 PM

R122 She's young and blonde with a lovely pair of hooded eyes and huge tits and not much else. Also she lied repeatedly about her background in order to appear quirky or more humble and down to earth. But that is a very common thing to do in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 124May 26, 2024 12:21 AM

Madame Web and Immaculate were two of the biggest box-office bombs this year.

by Anonymousreply 125May 26, 2024 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!