Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

London boy who died at age 15 becomes first millennial saint

Words fail me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2024 12:49 AM

Looks like a fag to me!

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2024 12:25 AM

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2024 12:28 AM

One more young boy for the priests to worship.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2024 12:32 AM

The thing I don’t get—and I’m Catholic—is how people decide to pray to someone who isn’t already a saint. Wouldn’t you want to go with the ones who have already received the stamp of approval?

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2024 12:33 AM

Why do people pray to a non diety? Isn't that a big violation?

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2024 12:38 AM

R4 I was raised Catholic. From what I recall, is that if a person has "Blessed" status by the Vatican they pray to that person. One example is Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati who many Catholics pray to and some Catholic stores in the US sell his picture quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2024 12:39 AM

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2024 12:40 AM

Cute kid. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2024 1:38 AM

Who gets to be a saint is all about demographics and marketing and politics. I want a gay saint who was very flamboyant and out and proud. I will pray for his intercession with gay stuff gay problems. Saint Francis doesn't qualify. Letting birds crap on his shoulder and squirrels nibble at his toes is weird.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2024 1:42 AM

R5 religion rots the mind.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2024 1:43 AM

What was he? The Patron Saint of Sticky Palms and Axe Body Spray?

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2024 1:43 AM

[quote] Acutis was born in London in 1991 before moving to Milan with his Italian parents, Andrea Acutis and Antonia Salzano, as a child.

Of course his parents are Italian. So melodramatic and extra!

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2024 1:44 AM

The Vatican clearly has no idea how influencers and the modern world actually works.

They think that just by making some millennial a saint that droves of young people are going to come back to the church?

Worst PR stunt - EVAH.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]Who gets to be a saint is all about demographics and marketing and politics. I want a gay saint who was very flamboyant and out and proud.

You rang?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2024 1:47 AM

Wonder what the status of Fr. Mychal Judge is.............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2024 1:51 AM

^ status for sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2024 1:52 AM

The kid-saint @OP looks like he had too much weed, Everclear, a Hurricane from Pat O's, and a Lucky Dog with kraut, chili and extra onions, and in precisely 00000.000216 seconds he'll be projectile urping onto a random hype man on lower Bourbon Street.

"Dear Dead Kinda Saint, this is Killian. I got sooooooooo fucking (can I say "fucking" to a kinda saint) WASTED last weekend. Can you help me find a ride? Devyn is still pissed I urped on him, and left my hungover ass."

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2024 2:01 AM

Apparently not a saint yet.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2024 2:02 AM

I think Biden should be made one because he saved us from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2024 2:04 AM

St Sebastian was out FAVORITE holy card. We got holy cards as rewards in catholic school. The Little Flower, St Francis surrounded by animals, St Anthony. But Sebastian was the MVP of holy cards. We literally traded them and played games like flipping pennies where we had to forfeit a card when we lost.

The girls wanted St Sebastian because he was so dreamy. He had long blonde hair, full lips and his eyes looked up to heaven contortedly while blood covered him from the arrows piercing his skin. The homosexual boys wanted his card because they were secretly in love, but the straight boys wanted him too because he was the bloodiest, was tied to an tree and had arrows sticking out all over his body. Gross! They loved the gore.

Holy cards weren’t not as gruesome now as they were back then. None of this bloodless, one arrow stuff. There were lots of arrows, all with rivulets of blood 🩸 flowing down his muscular frame and alabaster skin.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2024 2:16 AM

He has not become a saint. The kid has met the eligibility requirement to become a saint. A deliberate lie by OP to get people to comment on his thread.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2024 2:17 AM

Absolutely, St. Sebastian is the patron saint of twinks. Most people think he was killed by arrows, but he was actually rescued at the stake by his hag, St. Irene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2024 2:24 AM

R5: "Why do people pray to a non diety? Isn't that a big violation?"

You don't really pray TO them; rather, you ask them to pray FOR you. It's complicated, like every other damn thing about being Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2024 3:13 AM

r23, yes, I heard this often when I lived in the heavily Protestant deep South. Catholics pray to saints. Catholics worship saints. Catholics have to have statues in their churches that they pray to. etc etc etc. It was almost useless to try to explain to them that the idea behind designating some people as saints is that those people (saints) led exemplary lives that could inspire "mere humans" to try to live equally exemplary lives. Moreover, in most societies, the common person doesn't have any direct access to the head honcho. If such a common person is asking for a favor from the top person in his society, he tries to figure out how to get a more favored intermediary to present his request.

All of that being said, as I've moved away from religion over the course of my life, I've come to believe that prayer, whether directed towards a saint or a god, is a fruitless endeavor. There's not a person or thing out there in the spheres, waiting to hear requests and doling them out like a great santa claus in the sky. That's not to say that a person should go through life without recognizing with awe the immensity of the universe and our tiny-ness in the face of such magnificence. Last week I viewed the aurora borealis from a place far in the boonies, and I felt that proper sense of awe. I think for members of the human race to put themselves at the center of the universe in importance or development is an act of extreme hubris.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2024 8:34 AM

This kind of reminds me of Maria Goretti, a young, Italian girl at the turn of the 20th century, who was killed by a neighbor during a failed rape attempt and was later canonized for saving her virtue or something.

Her feast day is July 6, btw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2024 8:56 AM

If we're going to venerate millennials who die tragically, I suggest we collectively lobby Pope Francis to beatify DL Icon Dan Motherfuck.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2024 9:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2024 9:57 AM

El Greco's Sebastian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2024 10:54 AM

R9 Saint Poof of Fire 🔥 Island

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2024 10:58 AM

More Catholic fakery. They keep that kid's body looking good with all sorts of procedures just like they do Lenin, whose body is little more than plastic now. Then the Catholic Church claims his body is not embalmed and is incorruptible because he is touched by God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2024 11:05 AM

God is Santa Claus for adults.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2024 11:16 AM

God or PnP and poppers its great to have something greater than yourself in your life.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2024 11:22 AM

Here's the Saint the Catholic Church needs: Someone who has the mystical powers to stop their Priests from sexually abusing kids they have access to.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2024 12:27 PM

We discussed him some time ago on the thread about the deceased nun in the Midwest who was disinterred by her fellow nuns, and was also found incorrupt. The discussion moved along from her to Bernadette of Lourdes, and this teenager. He is indeed a church champion for the present times. A Nike wearing computer wiz for young Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2024 12:59 PM

[quote] All of that being said, as I've moved away from religion over the course of my life, I've come to believe that prayer, whether directed towards a saint or a god, is a fruitless endeavor.

You didn’t get what you wished for, so that’s conclusive proof to you that prayer is ineffective.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2024 1:04 PM

Martyrs are a big deal for evangelicals, but there isn't all the formality involved in elevating someone to sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2024 1:10 PM

Looks a bit like a young Tom cruise in OP link pic

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2024 1:12 PM

[quote] Who gets to be a saint is all about demographics and marketing and politics

Yeah, when it comes to becoming a saint, it’s all who you know.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2024 1:16 PM

R4. I'm Catholic, too.

You hear about the cases. I'm in higher education. Sometimes I'll pray to Pedro Arrupe to inspire my teaching and research. He was the head of the Jesuits, and his case is slowing winding towards canonization.

I'll also ask Dorothy Day to intercede. And Oscar Romero, but under this pope Romero finally got the nod.

I'm happy about this kid making sainthood. For the past several decades, the vast majority canonized have been priests and nuns. We need more saints who are relevant.

As a gay man, I pray to St. Sebastian and the unnamed Roman centurion in the Gospel who asked Jesus to cure his sick servant. He's a gay icon too.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2024 1:42 PM

Father Vincent Capodanno USNavy

A missionary priest who became a chaplain requested duty with the Marines would track which units were likely to run into bad shit and would go with them, put himself under fire a lot. The day he was killed his deeds under very heavy fire was legendary.

Medal of Honor and currently in the pipeline for sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2024 2:02 PM

[quote]One example is Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati who many Catholics pray to and some Catholic stores in the US sell his picture quite a bit.

Sort of like a religious version of OnlyFans then.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2024 3:13 PM

His miracle was dying with his hole intact.

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2024 3:13 PM

And how do you know that exactly?

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2024 3:22 PM

The official prayer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2024 5:34 PM

Wow

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2024 8:49 PM

It's the biopic I was born to direct!

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2024 9:05 PM

R39

Where is Dorothy Day in the process? I assume she must have two miracles validated. I read her autobiography and it's wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2024 9:46 PM

I feel like the Church pushes too many of these Saints through for canonization when some of their “miracles” are questionable at best.

Some of the Saints are the real deal though. Especially the ones with incorrupt bodies or the ones who had stigmata. That’s some supernatural shit that can’t be explained.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2024 11:04 PM

All this "Sainthood" bullshittery is just to keep the gullibles sending in their tithes.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2024 11:17 PM

[quote]I feel like the Church pushes too many of these Saints through for canonization when some of their “miracles” are questionable at best.

It's ridiculous how PJP2 and Mother Teresa were both fast-tracked to sainthood. Just because someone was famous doesn't make them a saint.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2024 11:22 PM

One of the legitimate saints I find interesting is Saint Rita. She had a wound head for more than 14 years that never healed and was believed to be a stigmata representing the crown of thorns that Jesus wore. She died in the 1400s and her body is still incorrupt today, and is said to be sweet-smelling any time the crypt has been opened.

She is known as the patron of impossible situations, along with Saint Jude. There have been so many miracles and intercessions attributed to her that they can’t be counted.

Definitely meets the criteria to be considered a real Saint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2024 11:32 PM

Thanks for mentioning Fr. Capodanno, R40.

I'm not Catholic, but was moved by the EWTN (I think) documentary I caught 4-6 years ago while flipping channels. So moved I bought the doc through Amazon Prime, and when my eldest sister began her chaplaincy program I played it for her.

My favorite uncle, a brilliant man on so many levels, was haunted by his long tour in Vietnam, and died because of it, though the process took 53 years to complete.

Though I absolutely idolized my uncle, and was blessed and grateful to have had him in my life, any man who died over there was better off in many ways than those who made it home.

Father Capodanno was a saint and a hero.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2024 12:01 AM

Wait, that thing at R30 is supposed to be his actual, miraculously incorrupt corpse rather than a wax or latex simulacrum???

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2024 2:13 AM

I feel like the Church pushes too many of these Saints through for canonization when some of their “miracles” are questionable at best.

The specific miracles justifying canonization have been confirmed by the Church.

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2024 3:34 AM

[quote] The specific miracles justifying canonization have been confirmed by the Church.

“Confirmed”

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2024 3:49 AM

Italian boys are cutest and smartest.

by Anonymousreply 56May 25, 2024 5:48 AM

[quote]a seven-year-old boy from Brazil recovered from a rare pancreatic disorder after coming into contact with one of Acutis’s T-shirts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 25, 2024 5:57 AM

Any veneration of relics or miraculous objects is idol worship.

by Anonymousreply 58May 25, 2024 6:59 PM

"I feel like the Church pushes too many of these Saints through for canonization when some of their “miracles” are questionable at best."

'Questionable' at best? Understate much?

Can you share an example where a 'miracle' has been proven legit?

by Anonymousreply 59May 25, 2024 7:28 PM

r59, the two confirmed miracles attributed to Carlos are in the news stories.

by Anonymousreply 60May 25, 2024 8:50 PM

As transparent a marketing strategy as the various Tibetan Lama reincarnation grifts or Scientology in general.

by Anonymousreply 61May 25, 2024 10:28 PM

Yes, R53. That’s the real deal.

Maybe the church will make him patron saint of computers and charity.

As I said before, he’s a saint for our times. Here he is rockin’ those Nikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2024 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!