Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who is The Worst Stage Mother; Cissy Houston or Tina Knowles

I say both of them are terrible in their respective ways.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2024 11:52 PM

Cissy Houston because she prefered a dead daugther over a lesbian one. Robin Crowfart would have kept Whitney in check and removed the crack from her lungs while Bobby and Whitney were both enablers and thus she died in her 40s.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2024 1:11 PM

Worse, not Worst!

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2024 1:18 PM

The whole Houston family was/is complicit in the murder of Whitney.

They put a steady payday for them ahead of the welfare of their daughter/sister.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2024 1:59 PM

She’s my sister!

My daughter!

by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2024 2:12 PM

Whitney would probably be alive and an ElderLez in Jersey, married to Robin, just gardening and doing crafts, making a rare appearance here and there, if it weren’t for her mother.

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2024 2:17 PM

Not a fan, but Tina must've done something right as Beyonce seems well-adjusted, disciplined, and not in any way self-destructive.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2024 2:19 PM

Why am I not in the poll?

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2024 2:23 PM

R7 no whites allowed!

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2024 2:24 PM

I despise them both but Whitney is dead. Her entire family is a bunch of clowns and leeches. And now Cissy is a bitter, nasty old crone crying crocodile tears over her dead daughter.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2024 2:25 PM

R6 Beyoncé is dead behind the eyes. She’s well-disciplined but hardly well-adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2024 2:26 PM

You have to read the book written by her voice coach to understand why Beyoncé sometimes behaves like a robot with no feelings. Her parents did a real number on her psyche. And Solange too, but she wasn’t as affected because her parents were more focused on Beyonce. Cissy and John were both grifting off Whitney the same way Tina and Mathew did with Bey. Whitney seemed so strong and confident. I still can’t believe that she was under her mother’s thumb like that. Almost like Gia Carangi and her mother.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2024 1:00 AM

Helloooooooooooooo!???

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2024 2:22 AM

A mother’s work is never done.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2024 2:38 AM

Shut up you F U C K I N G C U N T

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2024 2:43 AM

If there is a hell, I truly hope Cissy Houston goes straight down.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2024 4:15 AM

She really should r15. Ask the surviving members of Sweet Inspiration what a cunt she was towards them…

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2024 9:36 AM

What did Cissy think about Luther Vandross and his being gay?

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2024 4:26 PM

HelLO?

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2024 4:38 PM

Please! Chris Jenner was a godsend to her once-useless daughters. That son, on the other hand—papa is cringing still.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2024 4:40 PM

Cissy Houston is a product of a specific time and environment, and her homophobia is a consequence of this. What we should vituperate is the fact that she was completely neglectful of her children, left them under the care of her horrible husband while she was trying to become a star and when this failed, she pushed Whitney toward stardom while trying to micromanage her life, so she would be a product both on stage and behind the scenes. If Whitney rebelled and lowered herself to pay attention to a worthless, untalented wastrel like Bobby Brown, is because of Cissy's thirst for power.

Tina Knowles is a greedy, fame-hungry stage mother who married an equally driven but much more unpleasant man, and between the both of them groomed Beyoncé into stardom, at any cost. They are not any worse than most stage parents and lack the talent, difficult background and deep emotional conflicts that made Whitney's family so unstable. Thus, Beyoncé isn't a tortured soul like Whitney, but an utter idiot whose entire existence is a product of marketing, and she's perfectly happy with it because she's dumber than a pulverized rock.

Whitney's life tragically unraveled and her exceptional voice was destroyed because of it, whereas Beyoncé is started as a mediocre singer who has worked VERY hard to develop her talent, and has willingly become a massive cultural icon and a money-making machine. You cannot compare either woman, and you definitely CAN'T compare a singing goddess like Whitney with Dumbfuck Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2024 6:15 PM

Zzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2024 6:50 PM

I love you r20.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2024 12:45 AM

Cissy's not doing so well. So how about granting her a little grace before the bitch faces her maker?

For decency's sake.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2024 1:57 AM

[quote]Who is The Worst Stage Mother; Cissy Houston or Tina Knowles

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2024 1:59 AM

R24 oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2024 2:01 AM

What did Beyoncé’s voice coach say about her R11?

by Anonymousreply 26June 12, 2024 2:31 AM

R20, you know your shit...very well said.

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2024 1:15 AM

Cissy apparently didn't teach her daughter how to take a bath without drowning.

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2024 1:29 AM

I voted for Judy Garland. Look what she did to poor Liza - not to mention Lorna and Joey ! Lucille Ball is a colse second, I tell ya !

by Anonymousreply 29June 13, 2024 1:58 AM

r20 "What we should vituperate is the fact that she was completely neglectful of her children, left them under the care of her horrible husband while she was trying to become a star and when this failed, she pushed Whitney toward stardom while trying to micromanage her life, so she would be a product both on stage and behind the scenes."

Take a breath. Use periods. Breathe.

by Anonymousreply 30June 13, 2024 2:08 AM

R30: commas are taking a breath. R20 is fine.

by Anonymousreply 31June 13, 2024 3:32 AM

Cissy and it's not even close.

Beyonce seems happier than poor Whitney ever did. There's also the fact that she's not smoking her weight in crack every day.

by Anonymousreply 32June 13, 2024 4:17 AM

[quote]Whitney would probably be alive and an ElderLez in Jersey, married to Robin, just gardening and doing crafts, making a rare appearance here and there, if it weren’t for her mother.

This is so true.

by Anonymousreply 33June 13, 2024 4:21 AM

What the fuck is R30 even responding to like that?

What a wacko.

by Anonymousreply 34June 13, 2024 4:26 AM

Cissy cuntier for the gay thing alone.

But need I also remind us that Aaliyah's mom ok'd her marrying R Kelly, so we have a larger field that deserves consideration. But Teri Shields, Jackie Stallone, Demetria's mom - Cissy out-cunts them all.

by Anonymousreply 35June 13, 2024 5:44 AM

Wow,Didn’t know much about either till now,thank you all and it is very sad

by Anonymousreply 36June 13, 2024 6:31 AM

Beyonce's voice coach said that Tina (he always calls her Celestine) was manipulative towards Bey and her husband Mathew. She played people against each other. She was a friend of the gays, but only for what they could do for her. There was a woman named Ann who originally started a girl group and she connected with the Knowles as well as Kelly and the other two girls. She put up a lot of her own money to finance the girls' voice and dance lessons. She was also terribly ill with lupus and the constant dealing with Mathew and Tina took a toll on her health. Girl was on her deathbed and they were bullying her about who controlled the group.

The Knowles are dirty, rotten garbage people.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2024 11:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!