Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Elvis's granddaughter Riley Keough files lawsuit to stop Graceland foreclosure sale

Riley Keough is fighting to stop the foreclosure sale of Graceland.

The Daisy Jones & the Six actress, who became the sole trustee of her grandfather Elvis Presley’s estate after the 2023 death of her mother, Lisa Marie Presley, calls the announced court-approved sale of the famed Memphis property “fraudulent” in a court filing.

Keough filed a civil lawsuit in Tennessee’s Shelby County Chancery Court Wednesday to block Naussany Investments & Private Lending from auctioning the iconic home in a sale set for Thursday. She says the Missouri-based creditor claims it’s collecting on an unpaid $3.8 million loan taken out by Lisa Marie in 2018, which used Graceland as collateral, but no such loan exists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2024 3:50 PM

Elvis' estate: Sad Last Days should be the title.

Nobody, except really old people, like super old is listening to Elvis. He is not cool anymore, or relevant, or in general interesting. Even guys like Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry are forgotten in today's pop culture sphere. Hell, even Liberace's estate is basically gone.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2024 1:32 AM

shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2024 1:39 AM

The NY Times reports that Graceland generates $80,000.000 a year.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2024 1:41 AM

R3 But the expenses to run the place must be astronomical - that income may not matter much.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2024 1:45 AM

That’s just the Graceland parking fees and airplane tour up-charge.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2024 1:46 AM

Wonder how much Priscilla has skimmed off the past decade ?

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2024 1:47 AM

And Riley's drunken, drugged out, whore of a mom Lisa Marie ran through all the $$$$ because she knew better.

Who knows what that drunken slattern signed!!!

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2024 1:49 AM

I’m sure it costs a fortune to shampoo the shag carpeted ceilings.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2024 1:49 AM

I am middle age and listen to Elvis all the time. Also, I think the movie a couple of years ago created new fans.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2024 1:54 AM

This is a scam.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2024 1:54 AM

I'm not an Elvis fan, but I realize his significance. He will likely always remain cool, but he's lost his relevance to most of the public. People may like him or have fond memories of him, but that doesn't mean you want to spend your vacation time going to Graceland when there are so many other more glamorous, fun, attractive or interesting places to visit.

Nowadays, even the po' people can probably afford a somewhat exotic or exciting vacation. They can take a cruise, camp in your RV, do a yoga weekend, fly to Mexico, go to Vegas or Disneyland, etc. Yes, some of those options are tacky, but those are the same tacky people who a generation ago may have visited Graceland.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2024 3:36 AM

[quote] Nobody, except really old people, like super old is listening to Elvis. He is not cool anymore

The hit movies say otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2024 3:39 AM

This is a weird story. I could see it all being a scam, but I also could see a drugged-out Lisa Marie making some terrible financial decisions unbeknownst to her children or her mother that could come back to bite them in the ass. It's hard telling. In either scenario, I feel bad for Riley, who has had to shoulder a lot since the death of her brother and her mom.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2024 3:39 AM

What if a new owner doesn’t want those Presley bodies buried there?

by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2024 3:46 AM

I’ve been to Graceland - it looks like what the Clampett’s mansion would have if Jethro had been allowed to decorate.

One of the oddest touches are all the ceramic monkey statues scattered about the place.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2024 4:04 AM

They should turn it into a nightclub and give Ann Margaret a residency.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2024 4:07 AM

R15 makes a good point and so do others that found Graceland underwhelming.

Still, I found Graceland fascinating.

By overusing the word "awe" by applying it to things that aren't, we've diminished the value of that simple, yet powerful little word that describes a profound experience. Yet, awe is what I experienced at Graceland.

It happened when I got to the rooms where tall wall after tall wall after tall wall were covered in Gold Record after Gold Record after Gold Record.

Taking that in in the moment really brought it home to me about why I was there.

Elvis truly was one-of-a-kind, and his impact cannot be denied.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2024 12:25 PM

[quote] Nobody, except really old people, like super old is listening to Elvis. He is not cool anymore, or relevant, or in general interesting. Even guys like Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry are forgotten in today's pop culture sphere. Hell, even Liberace's estate is basically gone.

I love how you save Liberace for last, like he'd be the very last one anybody could guess might one day go out of style.

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2024 12:46 PM

I can't wait until Jason Gould inherits his mother's house and opens it to the public. It will be a 'cash cow' with the basement mall.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2024 11:07 PM

Embrace the sleaze. Turn it into an event space and some sort of theme hotel. Host conferences, weddings and funerals and build a huge mausoleum and sell the spots. His fans are dying off and would pay big bucks for a Graceland funeral. Let the ghost hunters in. Rent out evp recorders. Go all out.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2024 12:42 AM

This girl has a good head on her shoulders, she's not one to be taken in for a grift like her mom and grandma.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2024 12:45 AM

Did 'Cilla and Lisa give all their money to Scientology and forget to make the Graceland payments or what?

I'm glad Riley saved it so General Hospital still has a venue for the annual Fan Event, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2024 12:54 AM

I love Reilly. She is smart and not a celebutard. Also a really decent actress and most likely a decent person. How many celeb spawn can we say that about?

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2024 12:55 AM

I like Riley, too. Great actress and seems normal despite all the weirdness in her family tree.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2024 1:58 AM

R24, And her husband is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2024 2:12 AM

R1, that’s actually not true. Young people liking Elvis is very retro.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2024 2:15 AM

A judge halted the sale and the claim was withdrawn just about 10 hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2024 2:26 AM

I thought Priscilla saved the Presley Estate in the beginning. She hired a great management team. Why did it go bust?

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2024 3:24 AM

Riley Keough met her husband on the set of the Mad Max Furiousa movie. He was a stunt man. NYT did a feature on the making of the movie. It sounds like a nightmare and you’d want to bond with someone.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2024 3:28 AM

Was that figure correct above in that Graceland only nets 80k a year?

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2024 3:31 AM

R25 they are a hot couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2024 3:32 AM

Because Lisa Marie took over control of the Graceland estate when she turned 25 yrs. old.

Then proceeded to destroy it, because she was a "Fucking stupid moron"

by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2024 3:39 AM

80 million, according to the NY Times

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2024 3:47 AM

I can believe that LMP took out equity loans on that piece of real estate.

I work in this field (foreclosures). In my jurisdiction, it's usually a long road to get to a foreclosure sale. Were LMP, then Riley, ignoring notices from the bank?

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2024 3:49 AM

Memphis was never going to let this happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2024 3:53 AM

I do not think Lisa ever took out a loan based on Graceland. It was a scam.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2024 1:11 PM

[quote] the notary whose signature is on the Deed of Trust from 2018 has said in a sworn affidavit that she did not notarize Lisa Marie Presley’s signature.

Despite the whole thing being obviously a huge fraud, it’s not surprising that there are some morons who believe it was possible that LMP could have used Graceland as collateral for a 3.8 million dollar loan from an unknown company instead of from any bank in town. She could have raised more than that if she actually had needed it by just asking Elvis fans to send her cash.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2024 1:39 PM

Who concocted this fraud and why? Is the location desirable for development? Some crazy Elvis fan wanting to own and live in the estate?

I hope the fraudsters will be prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2024 1:44 PM

[quote] I work in this field (foreclosures). In my jurisdiction, it's usually a long road to get to a foreclosure sale. Were LMP, then Riley, ignoring notices from the bank?

It's not a bank, it is a private company. The loan paperwork is alleged to be fraudulent.

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote] Who concocted this fraud and why?

It’s a common fraud technique to claim that deceased people did something, in order to fleece the heirs. Look at Moses Pray in Paper Moon pushing Bibles on surviving spouses. It was big time stupid for a company to go after such a well-known property like this though.

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2024 2:04 PM

There is so much hatred for Lisa on this board from a few I sometimes wonder if Navarone is here.

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2024 2:36 PM

^^^You mean the "Guns of Navarone"^^^ Great movie BTW!!

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2024 2:43 PM

80 thousand, 80 million - Trump, Biden, it’s all the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2024 2:52 PM

To R41, for some it's not hatred, it is stupidity!! How do you destroy a perfect money-making machine?

You turn it over to the idiot daughter who is as stupid as Elvis was!

by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2024 3:38 PM

When my middle income dad passed a couple of yrs ago, scammers came out of the woodwork claiming he “owed”

A good lawyer and honest brother were right on top of the scams

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2024 3:42 PM

I'm glad the foreclosure sale / fraud was stopped. Riley has a lot to deal with... hope she can jump past the family crazy gene.

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2024 4:02 PM

How in the hell could a scammer try and sell Graceland? It’s so idiotic and high profile. Did they think they could get away with it? Didn’t they think to scam one of the millions of gullible people who don’t own a Graceland?

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2024 4:19 PM

[quote] How in the hell could a scammer try and sell Graceland?

What this type of scammer tries to do is have a foreclosure sale accomplished without the rightful owner knowing it is happening. They often succeed. It was hard to get away with though with a property like Graceland.

by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2024 4:23 PM

I don't think anyone wants to see Graceland sold. I think the old judge stopped it because it's freaking Elvis. It's like letting it be stolen.

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2024 4:27 PM

[quote]One of the oddest touches are all the ceramic monkey statues scattered about the place.

In Alabama, they keep them on the porch.

by Anonymousreply 50May 23, 2024 5:15 PM

[quote]I think the old judge stopped it because it's freaking Elvis.

That and because the case was fraudulent.

by Anonymousreply 51May 23, 2024 5:54 PM

I used to do foreclosure court work and this kind of scam is easier to pull off than you would think - under the right circumstances. A lot of it has to do with proper notice and any number of factors like multiple unknown or hard to find heirs, lack of any will or trust or one made or updated anytime in the past 30 years, poorly drawn or thought out wills and trusts, and people not fully understanding all the ramifications of self helping putting and taking names off of deeds. IOW people who don't stay on top of things and get bad or wrong advice.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2024 3:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!