Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump's Team Says It Will Sue After 'Garbage' Biopic Premieres In Cannes

“The Apprentice,” which is labeled as inspired by true events, portrays Trump’s dealings with Cohn as a Faustian bargain that guided his rise as a businessman and, later, as a politician. Stan’s Trump is initially a more naive real estate striver, soon transformed by Cohn’s education.

The film notably contains a scene depicting Trump raping his wife, Ivana Trump (played by Maria Bakalova). In Ivana Trump’s 1990 divorce deposition, she stated that Trump raped her. Trump denied the allegation and Ivana Trump later said she didn’t mean it literally, but rather that she had felt violated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2024 7:04 AM

Steven Cheung, Trump campaign spokesperson, said in a statement that the Trump team will file a lawsuit “to address the blatantly false assertions from these pretend filmmakers.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2024 8:42 PM

I do think that biopics must be held to a standard of being completely accurate about living people if they don’t consent to the production.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2024 8:51 PM

R2 Trump is a compulsive liar. No version of anything coming from him is to be believed. That's why the film used other sources. Trump would never get a dime out of this, but suing is his hobby and side hustle.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2024 9:19 PM

^^^ Preach Sis!

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2024 9:21 PM

Um, yeah. The burden of proof in cases of Slander/Libel is on the individual about whom the claims were made. Trump et Al can go ahead and sue to their heart's content, but do they really wanna drag the Producers of the film through the mud just so they can get witness after witness to respond to the veracity of the claims? There is substantial, written, recorded, video, and personal testimony which is around in abundance to back up the producers claims. On second thought- Let's drag Trump's name through the mud Publicly again!

by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2024 9:25 PM

It's hawrubble... a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2024 10:10 PM

i'm not going to watch this. i hate him so much that it's just exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2024 10:35 PM

One word regarding Trump suing-DEPOSITIONS.

Bring it on, Diaper Don, it should make for some juicy reading.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2024 10:40 PM

I'm also not going to watch. I hope he has zero luck suing; God knows the American public has had zero luck bringing him to justice, as the traitor to America he is, deserves.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2024 10:41 PM

He's a thin-skinned man baby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2024 5:16 PM

He has a strong case, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2024 5:23 PM

Ivanna is dead so she cannot refute it anymore, other than what is in the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2024 5:27 PM

Trump was a nasty piece of work before he ever met RC. He had trouble being a bully in school and his father taught him racist landlord tactics.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2024 5:29 PM

She recanted the allegations and he was never charged criminally or sued in a civil court over it. It's a clear-cut case of defamation.

There's so much other deplorable crap in his life to mine from, this particular bit was intentionally put in for marketing purposes. You can see it on the filmmaker's smug face in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2024 5:35 PM

I wonder why she recanted her allegations? One of life’s great mysteries.

I mean, there’s no way it could be true. It’s not as if any other woman has ever claimed his molested them sexually.

And he’s never bragged about it in front of a camera.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2024 5:42 PM

^^^ he molested

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2024 5:42 PM

His great love for Ivana lives on in her neglected, overgrown golf course burial plot.

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2024 5:50 PM

It's so unfair that a man who obsessively calls the current President (to whom he lost an election) 'Crooked' - and who persistently questioned the birthplace of a former two-term President - is now so concerned about misrepresentation.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2024 6:19 PM

I thought putting a disclaimer at the beginning of a movie protected filmmakers against defamation claims.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2024 6:41 PM

R11, isn't this movie protected by freedom of expression?

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2024 6:41 AM

Blah, blah, blah, lawsuit, blah, blah, blah witch-hunt, blah, blah, blah crooked woke leftist commie Marxist Hollywood blah blah blah nobody's even seen anything like this witch-hunt in the history of the world, blah, blah, blah... Ad nauseam.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2024 6:54 AM

What the HELL is she wearing?

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2024 6:55 AM

I thought public figures couldn’t sue for defamation?

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2024 6:57 AM

Oh Dump sues for everything R23. He has spent his entire life in litigation. To sue is his go to. I watched something recently which put the number at over 4000 lawsuits he and his shitty businesses had filed over the years.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2024 7:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!