Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Debra Winger quit A League of Their Own over Madonna?

I'm reading Geena Davis' bio and she says Winger quit over the casting of Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2024 6:36 AM

JEALOUSY.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2024 2:24 AM

She didn't want to act in an "Elvis" film.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2024 2:35 AM

I thought Madonna was very good in that film. She had a knack for comedic supporting roles.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2024 2:43 AM

In hindsight it seems weird, but I’d imagine she assumed it was going to be a very different movie built around sensationalizing Madonna. At that time, that was the most logical expectation.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2024 2:48 AM

Because Madonna would NOT stop talking about her yeast infections.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2024 2:48 AM

I'm glad she quit because Geena Davis was wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2024 3:24 AM

R6 I am too. Dottie is one of my favorite female movie characters.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2024 6:33 PM

Debra could be full of herself.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2024 6:38 PM

Because the sun would explode with that amount of cuntiness in the same set, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2024 6:39 PM

She kept practicing her fastball with me, and “accidentally” beaning me in the face with it. I told her I’d turn her in to Shirley MacLaine if she didn’t stop.

by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2024 6:43 PM

Debra Winger is as big a look as Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2024 6:47 PM

The then dark-haired, blue-eyed Lori Petty was cast as the kid sister because of her passing resemblance to Debra Winger. But when Winger dropped out, because she didn't want to be in an "Elvis movie," and Geena Davis was brought in, Petty feared losing the part. But they kept her and she wore a strawberry blonde wig that matched Davis' color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 18, 2024 6:49 PM

Wasn't Moira Kelly supposed to play Kit, but had to drop because of injuries from the filming of The Cutting Edge?

by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2024 6:56 PM

That's interesting, R12. I'd never heard that before but looking at the linked photo, I could see her resemblance to Madonna during that time period in M's career.

by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2024 6:57 PM

Because she knew she would be outclassed by Madonna's thespian skill, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2024 7:25 PM

Because Madge kept screaming "GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT!!!" during ball practice.

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2024 7:32 PM

[quote] Because she knew she would be outclassed by Madonna's thespian skill, Rose.

Just the one skill?

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2024 9:00 PM

I hated Madonna in this movie. Such an over the top affected ham.

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2024 12:45 AM

I love the ending where the players reunite as older women and thank God they didn't put age makeup on the younger actresses. The older Dottie and Kit were totally believable.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2024 12:54 AM

For me, “This Used to Be My Playground” is one of Madonna’s best songs. So appropriate for the film.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2024 12:59 AM

I always forget Madonna is even in A League of Their Own.

It's such a fun movie, but she's not really a big part of the fun, imo.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2024 2:18 AM

Madonna and Rosie O. were the worst parts of an otherwise perfect movie. I always love it when the uggo gets ripped and serenades the dude in the bar scene. Also, is the woman who plays Hatchetface in Crybaby in this? I’ve never googled (I’m being lazy) but she’s underrated as an actress if it is the same woman.

Penny Marshall was so awesome. She and Carrie Fisher were definitely the coolest. Too bad about their health, drug issues etc.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2024 5:42 AM

I know someone who was in the film, and did the early baseball training with Winger. She said Winger quit because of a sticking point in her contract, that the producers refused to stick with part of the agreement after Madonna came on boars

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2024 5:48 AM

R19 with the terrible make up? I think Debra was trying to treat the story more serious and when they started hiring pop singers and comedians it becomes a different thing. Debra is a bitch and not good with people but she was right. That's not the movie that was presented to her. Debra never wanted to be Julia Roberts so she bowed out. It is not that crazy just cause we know she is a difficult bitch.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2024 5:49 AM

Madonna was publicly critical of The Sheltering Sky. I wonder if Debra had a grudge against her for that.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2024 6:58 AM

I never believed Madonna actually read The Sheltering Sky but I didn't like the film either. Not much to do with Winger.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2024 7:04 AM

To be fair, A League of Their Own might be the only film Madonna ever appeared in where her presence didn't wind up completely overwhelming/overshadowing the film's production and press. Marshall kept Madonna's character and presence relatively muted in the film and the film is very much what it is supposed to be and also remembered as what it's supposed to be and NOT a film Madonna was in/ruined/saved, etc. But it was and remains a very rare occurence in any project Madonna is a part of and certainly this was right after Dick Tracy, where Madonna, despite having a relatively small role, wound up consuming the film's press and production to its detriment and its legacy (or lack of legacy). So I can see why Winger would not want to be part of it, because she couldn't have guessed Marshall and the powers that be would have managed to minimize Madonna's impact as no one had been able to do so before and I can't recall an instance where anyone has been capable of doing so after.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2024 7:18 AM

Thank you for that. Had never looked at it that way. It's the most reasonable. Your point is right on the mark.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2024 7:23 AM

Shirley MacLaine in her autobiography said Winger purposefully farted towards her face on the set of “Terms of Endearment”.

Maybe Madonna wasn’t so receptive to the Winger gas pranks?!

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2024 8:07 AM

Shirley also said Debra couldn't seem to act unless she was fighting with someone. Winger was a very combative person.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2024 8:19 AM

I've never liked Debra. I don't like her voice. I don't like her face. I was never floored by her acting. Hollywood didn't miss out on some great talent when her career stalled.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2024 8:28 AM

I actually like her voice.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2024 8:33 AM

R31, I would disagree, I think Winger has given some of the most honest performances with some of the most interesting and creative choices I've seen from any actor of her generation. It's a shame she burnt so many bridges.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2024 8:34 AM

I always loved her too. But no one has ever been able to calm the bitch down.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2024 8:38 AM

[quote] I always loved her too. But no one has ever been able to calm the bitch down.

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2024 8:49 AM

[quote]But it was and remains a very rare occurence in any project Madonna is a part of and certainly this was right after Dick Tracy, where Madonna, despite having a relatively small role, wound up consuming the film's press and production to its detriment and its legacy (or lack of legacy).

But Madonna also consumed a lot of the film's press.

Despite hers being a small role, Madonna received top billing with Tom Hanks and Geena Davis.

Lori Petty did not despite being one of the actual leads and playing the female lead in the successful POINT BREAK the previous summer.

But in the early '90s, Madonna was possibly one of, if not the biggest pop star in the world.

Her fourth studio album LIKE A PRAYER (1989) topped the charts in the US and many countries worldwide and produced several hit singles: "Like a Prayer" (#1), "Express Yourself" (#2), "Cherish" (#2), "Keep It Together" (#8).

In 1990, her compilation albums I'M BREATHLESS (#2 in US; #1 in several countries) and THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION (#2 in US; #1 in several countries) were also very successful.

The former spawned the hit singles "Vogue" (#1) and "Hanky Panky" (#10); the latter "Justify My Love" (#1) and "Rescue Me" (#9).

The music video for "Justify My Love" was controversial and banned from MTV but became a bestseller when released on videocassette.

DICK TRACY underperformed at the box office, but that summer Madonna was too busy with the Blond Ambition World Tour, which became a blockbuster and was documented in a film TRUTH OR DARE, released in the spring of 1991.

The film was a critical/commercial success and became the highest-grossing documentary, until BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE surpassed it a decade later.

Furthermore, at the Oscars in March 1991, Madonna and Michael Jackson stole the spotlight from everyone when they arrived/sat together.

Madonna also performed a suggestive rendition of the Oscar-winning "Sooner or Later" (from DICK TRACY) on the Oscar telecast, which people talked about afterward.

So, this Madonna, at the height of her powers, was who Debra Winger resented when A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN went into production in the summer of 1991.

But the joke was on her!

A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN was well-received by critics and became a box-office smash, producing a #1 single "This Used to Be My Playground."

However, Madonna pissed away all of that goodwill a few months later, when she simultaneously released the controversial EROTICA album and SEX book in the fall of 1992.

I think she would have received a Best Song nomination for "This Used to Be My Playground" if not for the EROTICA/SEX fallout.

Hit songs from hit movies usually do.

And did both ALADDIN and THE BODYGUARD really deserve two nods each in that category?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2024 9:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2024 9:04 AM

The 80's was a lull time for women in box office. Other than the Winger hits Meryl's films weren't really made for box office. They were what would now be art films now. It wasn't until you could put Julia Roberts in woman running scared roles did it come up again.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2024 9:23 AM

Reminiscent of Rosanna Arquette, the lead in Desperately Seeking Susan, having to contend with interviews about Madonna and her soundtrack music.

There was a time when Madonna was the brightest light. She was the star, even when she wasn’t meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2024 9:50 AM

I never understood how Debra was nominated for Lead Actress for Shadowlands. She's perfectly good but the movie is far and away an Anthony Hopkins masterclass.

by Anonymousreply 40May 19, 2024 10:13 AM

I thought she was quite lovely in the part and she also did a darker turn in a film the same year A Dangerous Woman that probably helped push the nomination through.

by Anonymousreply 41May 19, 2024 10:17 AM

In 1993, both Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger had Oscar buzz for two movies each: Hopkins for 'Shadowlands' and 'The Remains of the Day'; Winger for 'Shadowlands' and 'A Dangerous Woman.'

Hopkins got in for 'Remains'; Winger for 'Shadowlands.'

by Anonymousreply 42May 19, 2024 10:47 AM

Curious about the gaggle of preteen girls looking intently through a playground fence, I walked over and saw Madonna on the other side, filming a scene from the movie in Wrigleyville.

by Anonymousreply 43May 19, 2024 11:34 AM

R22: Marla Hooch ("what a player!") was portrayed by Megan Cavanaugh (not the same actress as Crybaby).

A LEAGUE OF THEIR was her first film, and she carved out a really nice career (she has almost 80 credits, including voice work). I loved her on EXES & OHS. Fans of FRIENDS may remember her as Monica & Rachel's high-school classmate who became an Animal Control officer & tried to take Marcel away.

by Anonymousreply 44May 19, 2024 8:28 PM

Drunk History did a segment on the All American Girls Professional Baseball League and Megan Cavanaugh played Penny Marshall in it. It was a nice small tribute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 19, 2024 8:39 PM

Madonna said in The Advocate that Debra Winger "was all wrong" for The Sheltering Sky... "so unsexy." This must've gotten back to Debra, and made a big stink about Madonna being cast in A League of Their Own. It would be "a long, hot summer" she threatened if Madonna was cast, promising Pemny Marshall that she (Winger) would make the shoot very difficult for her. Penny would not be bullied, so Columbia paid Winger $3 million to go away.

by Anonymousreply 46May 19, 2024 9:02 PM

the real thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 19, 2024 9:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 19, 2024 10:22 PM

R44 I wasn thinking of Marla being hatchet face, I was thinking of the woman who had the kid who ran around the bus all the time. Either way, neither was hatchetface.

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2024 5:00 AM

[quote]Curious about the gaggle of preteen girls looking intently through a playground fence, I walked over and saw Madonna on the other side, filming a scene from the movie in Wrigleyville.

Did you get her attention?

Were you an extra?

They used a lot of locals as extras where it was filmed (Illinois, Indiana).

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2024 5:26 AM

Gary talked her out of it.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2024 5:42 AM

Oh...gotcha R49. I misunderstood your post/confused the two. Bitty Schram was also great, as Evelyn! She's part of one of the greatest scenes ever ("Are you crying?? There's NO crying in BASEBALL!"), with one of the best call-backs ever....because Hanks' physicality was hilarious ("You're still missing the cut-off man. That' s something I'd like you to work on before next season, okay?")

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2024 6:08 AM

I think it was less about Madonna and more about Penny Marshall the director. She didn't like the casting or direction. Debra doesn't seem like girls, girl either.

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2024 6:20 AM

Madonna has a jitterbug scene with Eddie "The Big Ragu" Mekka in the film.

by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2024 7:16 AM

R27 what about Die Another Day.

by Anonymousreply 55May 20, 2024 7:28 AM

The whole Suds Bucket sequence was great. Madonna dancing with Eddie Mekka & the other guy, Rosie dancing (and flipping Eddie Mekka over her back), drunk Marla serenading Nelson...the pained musician listening to Marla...

Garry Marshall's son, Scott, was the kid who propositioned Dottie in the car: "Can't we do both?"

by Anonymousreply 56May 20, 2024 7:43 AM

R56 you just reminded me that Norman Mailer's cutiepie son, Stephen, played Kit's admirer in the bar scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 20, 2024 7:58 AM

Garry Marshall's daughter, Kathi, also appeared as a background Peach. (listed as "Mumbles Brockmam" in the credits, as she had no lines). She's standing next to Tom Hanks when Jimmy beans Stillwell with a glove before the World Series. She was a great softball player in high school. She played centerfield & left field on my varsity high school softball team, Westlake School for Girls.

by Anonymousreply 58May 20, 2024 8:24 AM

Debra’s career was waning at that point. This movie would’ve been a nice comeback vehicle for her. At this point, she didn’t care at all. Debra succeeded despite herself in the early 80’s.

by Anonymousreply 59May 20, 2024 11:48 AM

In retrospect, she looks like a MORON for pulling out. Spare me with her "artiste" crap. It is one of the most enduring & beloved films of the '90s. And widely considered one of the best baseball movies ever made.

I'm glad she turned it down.

by Anonymousreply 60May 20, 2024 12:16 PM

I agree. Davis was great and really played up the big sister angle of the story. She had fantastic chemistry with Hanks too, eventhough their relationship was strictly platonic.

Winger would have been a complete killjoy and brought down the fun and excitement of the film with her bullshit antics.

by Anonymousreply 61May 20, 2024 1:38 PM

Stillwell Angel has since grown up to be a sportball coach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 20, 2024 2:37 PM

One of the worst pan and scan movie transfers I've ever seen. It makes it hard to watch on television.

by Anonymousreply 63May 20, 2024 3:02 PM

Penny Marshall had just the right touch for Hollywood comedy films. This and "Big" are two of the sweetest and gentlest films of their era, and they just pop right along. She had an unfortunate fondness for sentimental indulgence sometimes (at the end of both films), but otherwise the films are very charming.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2024 3:52 PM

R58 is Beanie Feldstein.

by Anonymousreply 65May 20, 2024 4:03 PM

A League of Their Own?

Hated it.

by Anonymousreply 66May 20, 2024 4:07 PM

Lori Petty was so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 67May 20, 2024 4:13 PM

During the closing credits with the real baseball players, you can easily play “Spot the Dyke”.

There are quite a few.

by Anonymousreply 68May 20, 2024 4:14 PM

“Has anybody seen my new red hat?”

“Oh, piss on your hat.”

I love how Anne Ramsay delivers her line.

by Anonymousreply 69May 20, 2024 4:17 PM

R9 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2024 4:19 PM

R68 That sounds like quite a colorful little game. Did you play it at summer camp?

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2024 6:32 PM

Why was Debra Winger such a raging asshole? Who farts at Shirley MacLaine and tries to strong arm PENNY MARSHALL? What a twat.

Geena Davis is so good in this it makes me want to pinch her. She does not have one single second where she hams or overacts. Did she win an Oscar for this (again, I’m being lazy). She got one for Thelma and Louise I believe. Another role where she’s perfect.

by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2024 7:18 AM

No she didn’t but I agree she was great in the movie. I’ll say again that Madonna sucked though.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2024 7:24 AM

[quote]Geena Davis is so good in this it makes me want to pinch her. She does not have one single second where she hams or overacts. Did she win an Oscar for this (again, I’m being lazy). She got one for Thelma and Louise I believe. Another role where she’s perfect.

She won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST and was nominated as Best Actress for THELMA & LOUISE (along with co-star Susan Sarandon) but lost to Jodie Foster in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS.

For A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, Davis was nominated for a Golden Globe (Musical/Comedy) but lost to Miranda Richardson in ENCHANTED APRIL.

The Best Actress Golden Globe (Drama) went to Emma Thompson in HOWARDS END and she would go on to win the Oscar, as well.

Madonna and Shep Pettibone also received a Golden Globe nod for "This Used to Be My Playground" but lost to Alan Menken and Tim Rice for "A Whole New World" from ALADDIN.

by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2024 7:51 AM

I agree with the praise for Geena Davis, but I also think that this is Madonna's best performance in a movie (low bar, I know!). One of my favorite scenes is when she's teaching Shirley how to read in the back of the bus.

by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2024 8:27 PM

Low bar indeed. i would say that Madonna has given two passable movie performances in her life - this movie and Evita, and in Evita I don’t know that she really acted that much. Just stood there and sang and looked pretty.

She is good musical performer on stage, but an actress she ain’t.

No on remembers Speed The Plow?

Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2024 9:28 PM

Desperately Seeking Susan

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2024 9:40 PM

I was a huge Madonna stan at the time this film was released (a 16 year old gayling,, of course) and at the time I think I tried to tell myself she was great, but upon reflection I think I was just relieved she didn't embarass herself and ruin the movie.

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote]Just stood there and sang and looked pretty.

Pretty much sums it up, r76. I would have much preferred the craptacular Ken Russell/LIZA version that was not to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2024 10:23 PM

Madonna has a very flat, non-expressive voice when she’s trying to act. Remember the beginning of the “Material Girl” video when she’s on the phone?

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2024 10:58 PM

Geena Davis got divorced 4 times!

She seems to regret leaving Jeff Goldblum in the book but not Renny Harlin.

by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2024 1:17 AM

Madonna’s Mr. Chocolate Man speech was met with laughter when I saw the movie at the theater.

It’s a good movie. Jon Lovitz was very funny too.

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2024 1:43 AM

[quote]I agree with the praise for Geena Davis, but I also think that this is Madonna's best performance in a movie (low bar, I know!). One of my favorite scenes is when she's teaching Shirley how to read in the back of the bus.

John and Joan Cusack's sister, Ann.

by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2024 2:15 AM

Madonna was excellent in Dangerous Game. Arguably her best performance. Raw and powerful she actually got some raves by the critics when it came out.

by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2024 2:23 AM

I think EVITA's main problem is that it was filmed like a two-hour music video, à la Alan Parker's other musical film, PINK FLOYD - THE WALL.

Almost every song is a montage and it gets tiresome.

You can only take so many shots of crowds waving hankies.

It loses its impact after a while.

But Madonna really sells the dying, intimate moments toward the end, like "Eva's Final Broadcast" and "Lament."

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2024 2:42 AM

Madonna presents very extroverted as a performer. She does not have that as an actor. She's nervous and self conscious. She can't read text and do something with it. Only Desperately Seeking Susan could work for it because she's sorta playing a performer. It was her playing a a non signing version of her music video persona.

by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2024 3:21 AM

Geena Davis was perfect in this movie. And she did have good chemistry with Tom Hanks.

Penny Marshall said that most of the actresses were terrible athletes.

I liked it when Geena did the splits while catching the ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2024 5:06 AM

She didn't perform the SLIDE into the splits. A stuntwoman did that.

by Anonymousreply 88May 22, 2024 5:27 AM

But the actress with positively NASTY bruise/strawberry from sliding (that Jimmy took a picture of)...that was REAL!! Took almost a year for the bruise to fade away.

by Anonymousreply 89May 22, 2024 5:33 AM

And how about Marla Hooch.

by Anonymousreply 90May 24, 2024 4:51 PM

I can understand Debra Winger not wanting to work with Madonna, and I totally agree with her statement on it being like an Elvis movie.

by Anonymousreply 91May 24, 2024 5:02 PM

Madonna summarising Winger as so 'unsexy' in the Sheltering Sky tells us all we need to know about her one-dimensional, unnuanced mindset. Everything is equated to sex or being 'sexy'.

by Anonymousreply 92May 24, 2024 8:35 PM

Anything she can do, I can do better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 24, 2024 8:37 PM

I didn't like The Sheltering Sky but I did like both Malkovich and Winger. Neither would be what you picture in the book. I thought maybe that's what Bertolucci was attempting. Putting more normal looking people in roles meant to be glamorous or beautiful can work in the right story.

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2024 3:37 AM

[quote]Madonna summarising Winger as so 'unsexy' in the Sheltering Sky tells us all we need to know about her one-dimensional, unnuanced mindset. Everything is equated to sex or being 'sexy'.

Did you not read the book? That was kind of the point of the Kit Moresby character. That she attracts these men who are detrimental to her and her marriage to Port.

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2024 3:45 AM

R94 That movie ended our marriage. She wanted to work with Bertolucci so bad - even in the desert - that she left me at home with the kid for far too long. It was nice to have some peace and quiet around the house, though. Not so much farting and shrieking profanity when Debra's across the ocean. Even still, the strain drove me right into the arms of a pre-fame Mary Louise Parker.

by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2024 8:32 PM

Insufferable narcissist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 25, 2024 9:49 PM

""Geena Davis is a Barbie doll," she (Madonna) writes, "and when God decided where the beautiful men were going to live in the world, he did not choose Chicago."

Madonna and the sisterhood.

by Anonymousreply 98May 25, 2024 9:51 PM

[quote]Insufferable narcissist.

Sounds like it:

[quote]In Chicago, Madonna worked harder than anyone her castmates had ever met. She rose at 4 a.m. and jogged eight to ten miles, then trained with Coach Hughes from eight to noon, then headed to the dance studio to rehearse Mae’s jitterbug number, the highlight of a complicated set piece at the fictional Suds Bucket nightclub. On the practice field one day, she told the actresses: “If anybody stays and plays until we can’t see the ball anymore, then I’ll take you to dinner.”

by Anonymousreply 99May 26, 2024 1:22 AM

She works hard so she can feel smug about working hard. It didn’t make her a better actress or a more convincing ball player.

by Anonymousreply 100May 26, 2024 1:40 AM

R97, another Madonna hit piece. The ALOTO ladies were complimentary (8:35)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 26, 2024 3:04 AM

Exactly r100. Wtf does running 8 miles a day have to do with character? Madonna is too dumb to understand this.

by Anonymousreply 102June 4, 2024 2:22 AM

Madonna was fine in the movie. It wasn’t a big role. Her sob story scene didn’t really work. The rest of the the film is great

by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2024 6:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!