Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DJ Qualls Reveals He’s Engaged to ‘Supernatural’ Costar Ty Olsson: ‘We’re Going to Be Old Men Together’

Supernatural stars DJ Qualls and Ty Olsson are engaged!

The actor, 45, revealed the big news on the May 15 episode of his Locked and Probably Loaded podcast with Kelly Blackheart. During the episode, he shared that he and Olsson clicked after they met and then built a strong bond over the years as their friendship evolved into something more.

“Ty and I became inseparable at the very beginning, just immediately,” Qualls shared. “And over the last 10 years our relationship evolved to what it is today, and now we’re getting married.”

The actor, who played werewolf Garth on the series, also recalled how he first met his fiancé, who played the vampire Benny on the show, at a convention for the popular CW series. He said they “didn’t know each other at all,” adding, “We maybe said three words together at the Supernatural convention, and then we went to London for four or five days afterward.”

“And then I was going to Turkey with a friend — and he is such a pure, awesome guy. He came up to us — we all went out as a group — and he was like, ‘Can I come on your trip with you?’ “ the Z Nation actor said.

“And I’m like, ‘That is so ballsy!’ I could never invite myself on somebody’s trip. ‘Cause I’d be afraid they would begrudgingly tell me yes and then not want me there. But it was just so pure and awesome, and that’s who he is,” he continued. “I didn’t know him. And it was the beginning of our friendship.”

Qualls went on to describe Olsson as one of the “most wonderful” people he’s ever met.

“It’s just so crazy that this person who was just my friend, now I think about all the time and he sends the best messages, and he supports me and loves me unconditionally in the right way," Qualls continued.

The Turning Point actor further pointed out on the podcast that he felt that “unconditional love” comes with the condition that “you treat that person with some respect and their best interests are your best interests,” and that was something Olsson did with him.

“Ty was the first person in my entire life, my entire life that I ever had that with,” Qualls said. “I say just a friend. He is the best friend I ever had, and now we’re going to be old men together, which is so crazy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 27, 2024 3:10 PM

Whoa, I never knew Ty Olsson was gay. And apparently he didn't either, since he was married to a woman and had two kids with her. I was so attracted to him when he was on the Anne HeHe show Men in Trees.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2024 7:51 PM

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

I'm so happy for them!!!

As one of the biggest Supernatural nerd fans ever, this caught me totally off guard.

I knew that DJ Qualls came out a few years ago, but I had no idea that Ty Olsson was gay too.

Supernatural fans have always shipped Dean and Benny (Jensen Ackles and Ty Olsson) because they had some hard core boyfriend energy in Season 8, but I never would have guessed a Garth and Benny pairing.

And the way their relationship evolved, is just so.... sigh. I love it.

Congrats, boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2024 7:53 PM

That's really sweet. Love this.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2024 7:54 PM

This is such a weird coincidence.

Earlier this week, TNT aired the Supernatural episode "The Heroes' Journey," which featured DJ Qualls.

I wanted to check his Instagram to see if there were any updates after he came out as gay, but there weren't any. It was just the usual random stuff.

But I did see his tribute to the final season of Supernatural back in 2020, where he thanked everyone for being able to be on the show and play the character Garth.

And what stood out to me was his mention of meeting his "best friend" because of the show. Yet he never mentioned who it was. I thought that was weird, and that maybe it was Jensen and he didn't want Jared to be upset, or maybe it was Jared, and he didn't want Jensen to be upset.

In any case, the whole thing was kind of mysterious, because he didn't name a name. Now we know:

[quote] Last night Garth made his final appearance on #Supernatural. What started out as just a guest spot turned into something I couldn’t have predicted. These past eight years...to say it’s been amazing doesn’t even begin. Thank you all for loving Garth. Your response let me keep playing him and I fricking LOVE the guy. I got to play a hunter, a cop, an FBI agent, a Texas ranger, a corporal, a loyal friend, husband and father, a werewolf, and finally, a werewolf dentist. That’s a lot! What I’m taking from this extends so far outside the filming of a tv show. I’ve been all over the world, getting to know and love a cast who have truly become a family, not to mention getting a best friend outta the deal. It’s been my absolute pleasure to meet so many of the #spnfamily. You guys rock! You give us so much more than we give you and we appreciate it more than you know. Farewell, Garth. I hope to see you again in the future, but knock it off with the dad cardigans. You aren’t built for those. @ty.olsson @jaredpadalecki @jensenackles @kimrhodes4reals @realadamrose and so, so many others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2024 8:04 PM

I googled Ty Olsen when he was on supernatural because he was so hot and I was convinced he was gay. Then I saw he was Canadian and figured that explained everything. Good for DJ! I have always liked him for no real reason, he just seems goofy and nice. like Matthew Lillard.

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2024 8:29 PM

Ty with fellow Canadian, Jason Cermak.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2024 8:45 PM

Well, someone's gotta be the b*tch around here, so it might as well be me. Isn't Qualls hitting above his weight here with Ty Olsson?

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2024 8:48 PM

He is r7, that's why I am so happy about it. Get it DJ!

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2024 8:51 PM

Not really, R7.

I think they're cute together.

They kind of have a Yin & Yang thing going on with each other.

One's a skinny twig, the other is a burly bear. Perfect match!

I'm just wondering which one's the top and which one's the bottom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2024 8:52 PM

Well, if DJ is packing as big as his nose...

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2024 8:56 PM

"Sub Bottom Pig Marries S+M Dom Daddy"

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2024 9:52 PM

DJ looks way better with facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2024 10:22 PM

[quote] "Sub Bottom Pig Marries S+M Dom Daddy"

Which is which?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2024 10:57 PM

“ I'm just wondering which one's the top and which one's the bottom?”

They’re both bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2024 11:03 PM

DJ has that look like he might have an absolute hog, so I don’t know that he’s punching above his weight.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2024 11:41 PM

[quote] DJ has that look like he might have an absolute hog, so I don’t know that he’s punching above his weight.

That might explain how Ty Olsson, formerly with wife and two kids, became dickmatized!

I'm surprised that Jensen Ackles didn't beat Ty to that big dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2024 11:48 PM

Who’s going to stay in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2024 11:53 PM

[quote] Olsson was married to Leanna Nash from 2005 until their divorce in 2012. They have two daughters, Daygan and MacKenzie. On September 7, 2019, Olsson married Katherine Lohmeyer, a NICU nurse in Las Vegas, Nevada. Ty Olsson and Katherine Lohmeyer filed a joint petition for divorce on September 8, 2021.

[quote] Olsson is currently in a relationship with fellow Supernatural actor DJ Qualls, and the two have plans to get married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2024 11:54 PM

I don't trust people who get married and divorced and remarried and divorced in quick succession.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2024 11:57 PM

DJ Qualls is painful to look at.

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2024 12:02 AM

[quote] I don't trust people who get married and divorced and remarried and divorced in quick succession.

Maybe he was in the process of discovering that he might be attracted to men, while he was still in a "straight and married" mindset.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2024 12:06 AM

[quote]Maybe he was in the process of discovering that he might be attracted to men, while he was still in a "straight and married" mindset.

If you lack sufficient self-awareness such that this is the explanation, you still should not be trusted because you clearly lack self-awareness to know a great number of other things about yourself which would negatively impact other people.

It also smacks of immaturity, selfishness, impulse control, inability to delay gratification and a host of other traits and behaviors which make you untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2024 12:40 AM

Are you the ex, r22? Or just naturally a bitter Karen?

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2024 12:41 AM

R22

(MARY!)

Also, are you that closeted athlete who extolled the benefits of a straight, obedient wife relationship?

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2024 12:57 AM

R22

As your college classmates have attested, how bid a cock can you take?

Do you prefer BBD, or will any fat cock do the “trick?”

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2024 1:02 AM

R25 here…this was meant for that wicked closeted NFL kicker. (The guys on the kick team are always the queens of the squad.)

My iffy Wi-Fi here must have allowed this inadvertent post.

Please disregard…I’m so happy for these guys, and I know a few men who came out later in life, and are living very happy lives.

by Anonymousreply 26May 18, 2024 1:08 AM

Here's DJ Qualls talking about how their relationship developed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 18, 2024 1:53 AM

R4 Ty being the first name listed was definitely a clue.

But given the dates listed @ r19, I'm guessing they were still just friends at that point.

by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2024 2:26 AM

Sounds like Olsson was the one pursuing Qualls which is hella hot.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2024 2:43 AM

I take it DJ is the power bottom here

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2024 2:48 AM

Mazel Tov. Now when are these two tying the long awaited knot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2024 3:03 AM

R22 You sound like fun.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2024 3:05 AM

R1 He's most likely bisexual

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2024 3:25 AM

R33 = thread killer

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2024 5:43 AM

It's so cute how many relationships were spawned by the show Supernatural:

Jared Padalecki and Genevieve Cortese (Sam Winchester and Ruby the demon)

Rob Benedict and Ruth Connell (Chuck the Prophet and Rowena the witch)

DJ Qualls and Ty Olsson (Garth the hunter/werewolf and Benny the vampire)

I think that's all, as far as I know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2024 5:45 AM

If DJ Qualls can get someone sexy to marry him there's hope for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2024 5:48 AM

R36, 100%.

Ty is a daddy10. He's gorgeous. From head to toe. A dream man.

DJ? Well, um, I have no doubt he has a wonderful personality. And can cook? Generational wealth? Owns a Picasso? Or really does have a big dick and is actually a top?

Whatever the case may be, good for them both!

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2024 6:00 AM

Misha Collins tweeted:

[quote] A vampire and a werewolf/hunter walk into a bar...

[quote] Ty, DJ! Holy shit! Congratulations, boys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2024 6:03 AM

Also, never forget: little Jack McBrayer gets to be fucked by dreamy Alexander Skarsgard.

It must be more than looks for some people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 18, 2024 6:04 AM

I would fuck Jack McBrayer. I think he's adorable.

DJ Qualls, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 40May 18, 2024 6:06 AM

Qualls looks the way he does because of complications from childhood lymphoma treatments. The perspective he gained from that experience is probably part of what drew Olsson to him.

by Anonymousreply 41May 18, 2024 6:18 AM

A hot straight married man is now in a loving gay relationship. It’s a DL fever dream come true.

Rejoice queens and convert the hotties!

by Anonymousreply 42May 18, 2024 6:33 AM

I am pleased to confirm that men formerly married to women are insatiable bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2024 6:37 AM

This is cute. I'm happy for them!

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2024 7:14 AM

R36 I think DJ Qualls is adorable. I always thought he was cute.

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2024 8:06 AM

When did they actually get together? Did Ty cheat on his wife with DJ? Is that why he got divorced? Or did they get together after? Maybe Ty realized he had feelings for DJ, but didn't act on them, and that's why he got divorced, so he could be with DJ? This is all very confusing. I need to know the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2024 8:44 AM

R46 = Martha from Little Reindeer

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2024 8:55 AM

Is it just me, or was Benny flirting with Dean when they first met?

Lots of sexual innuendo in the dialogue.

Garth is going to be jealous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2024 8:57 AM

I really hope this isn't just Ty wanting a green card. I don't think so though. Call me sappy, but I think it's true love. I hope so anyway.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2024 9:28 AM

r39, I've worked with Jack- he's wickedly funny, given under the Southern veneer. I adore him.

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2024 2:03 PM

I used to hang out in WeHo in my younger years and hooked up with some guys and I can declare that DJ is swinging 9”.

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2024 2:27 PM

R51, totally believable looking at his frame.

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2024 3:01 PM

Their relationship will be open in a few months, if it’s not already.

by Anonymousreply 53May 18, 2024 3:07 PM

DJ should always keep a beard. Hopefully Olsson can fatten him up some.

by Anonymousreply 54May 18, 2024 3:19 PM

Statistically that's very true, R53.

by Anonymousreply 55May 18, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote] I used to hang out in WeHo in my younger years and hooked up with some guys and I can declare that DJ is swinging 9”.

Sure, Jan.

[quote] Their relationship will be open in a few months, if it’s not already.

What makes you say that?

DJ is 46 and Ty is 50. I think they're both at an age where they lost their wandering eye, and just want to settle down with each other in a "comfy" relationship.

[quote] Hopefully Olsson can fatten him up some.

As R41 pointed out, he had childhood lymphoma, which affected his metabolism.

[bold]"According to Qualls, the chemotherapy at an early age sped up his metabolism and impacted his growth, "It stopped my development," which explains his slender frame."[/bold]

I think he's actually incapable of gaining weight.

Lucky guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 18, 2024 4:04 PM

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 57May 18, 2024 4:27 PM

R57 It will start in cum. Lots of cum.

by Anonymousreply 58May 18, 2024 4:28 PM

This is so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 59May 18, 2024 4:31 PM

DJ Qualls played a gay character in The Man in the High Castle. I met him and he was funny, genuine, and seemed like a nice guy. Good for him, finding happiness.

by Anonymousreply 60May 18, 2024 4:34 PM

R60, I thought he was really good in that role.

by Anonymousreply 61May 18, 2024 5:05 PM

Ty Olsson has not aged well at all but good for them.

by Anonymousreply 62May 18, 2024 5:07 PM

R62 I was just about to say this. He looked better just a few years ago. He was slimmer and had more hair, was less bald than now. Someone else said DJ was punching above his weight. I think they're about equal in the looks department tbh.

by Anonymousreply 63May 18, 2024 6:53 PM

Give Ty a break.

He just turned 50 in January!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 18, 2024 9:06 PM

They have been taking couples trips since 2018, even though Ty married a woman in 2019? Interesting. I mean it's possible they were just friends at that point and the feelings grew over time? I really hope he didn't cheat on his wife. Would suck if he married her just to prove to himself that he wasn't gay.

by Anonymousreply 65May 18, 2024 9:42 PM

Wait.... what? Ty was banned from conventions because he got drunk and hit on female fans? Don't know if this is true, just something I read on Reddit. The guy is clearly bi, not gay, assuming it's true. It also explains why his appearance has gone downhill the last few years. It's not age either. He looks older than 50. Booze ages people. It actually makes a lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 66May 18, 2024 9:47 PM

Where are they registered?

by Anonymousreply 67May 18, 2024 9:51 PM

A discussion regarding re: Olson's con behaviour from an old Reddit thread. He claimed he was roofied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 18, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote] BambooCyanide • 10y ago

[quote] Okay, I'm gonna come out and say it: I don't think he was roofied.

[quote] It's not the first time he has appeared intoxicated at cons. He was spotted at a bar after he got kicked out by Creation (that he neglected to put in his post), got drunk and passed out and missed picking up DJ at the airport (also neglected to mention), and this is just the first time he got this far. He asked how old a girl was and when she said she was underage, he said "Fuck it, I'll do it anyway" and kissed her. He groped fans. He wrote nasty things on autographs. Fans have said that they're ashamed of their photo ops with him. He's just covering his ass because he has a problem.

[quote] Sometimes, people just have no excuse, no matter if they were on a TV show you like.

[quote] CrowleysTailor•10y ago

[quote] Guess I've been...Winchestered.

[quote] I'm sort of inclined to agree with you. DJ's panel was before Ty's and according to Ty, he hadn't had anything to drink before this panel where he was supposedly roofied. If he was passed out drunk, making DJ late for his panel, that means he was definitely drinking way before his own panel. The story's just not adding up here.

[quote] timeywimeystuff1701•10y ago

[quote] Edit (3/22/14): To preserve the conversation, I have left my original statements. However, new information has somewhat changed my opinion on the issue.

[quote] I agree with you, this whole thing feels like a "cover your ass" move to me. One thing I would like to add is that everyone else is completely silent on the issue.

[quote] Creation runs a lot of conventions. If their guests are getting drugged, that seems like something they'd maybe want to release a statement about.

[quote] Edit (3/22/14): All Creation has to say about the matter -

[quote] "TY OLSSON will not be attending the 2014 Conventions . We wish him the very best in his endeavors. Those that have purchased SEPARATE TY Autograph tickets or Photo Op tickets will have their credit cards refunded starting Monday 24. Please allow 7-10 days for rebates to hit your cards .We will be booking a replacement guest shortly, please check back or wait for further announcements via our bulletins." (Source)

[quote] The rest of the Supernatural cast has been similarly quiet. Generally, they seem to be a supportive bunch, and it seems to me that if something terrible happened to one of their own, they would send messages of support. At the very least, if Ty's story were completely true, I'd expect to hear confirmation from Richard that the on-stage shots were iced tea. I don't think we're getting the whole story here.

[quote] Vio_•10y ago

[quote] I'm not saying one way or another about not believing him. I do give him the benefit of the doubt, but not blindly.

[quote] However, it's a very, very serious accusation to make. Especially after it had pretty much blown over by this point.

[quote] zoebear57•10y ago

[quote] I was there. His panel was embarrassing. He was just lewd and crude the whole time he was up there. People who paid good money to ask him questions and they did not even get a chance. Instead he walked around looking for women to make out with. Not a huge fan of his character on the show and def not a fan of his character in real life. He also, btw, has been cancelled from all the remaining CONS this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 18, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote] Where are they registered?

I think they have their dinner pattern on file at 3ways 'R' Us. And they have a wish list at Buddy's House Of Dildoes.

by Anonymousreply 70May 18, 2024 10:06 PM

That's a laundry list of issues at R69 that DJ will have to deal with, if they get married.

I hope he's ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 71May 18, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote]I think they have their dinner pattern on file at 3ways 'R' Us.

Wait, is that a thing?

Asking for a friend, one friend only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2024 10:38 PM

But is he a rescue Ty?

by Anonymousreply 73May 19, 2024 1:31 AM

How is this gonna work? Ty lives in Canada. Is he gonna move to the US now? This whole thing is so weird. I get the feeling they are just friends who deeply care about each other. Ty wants to move to the US, so DJ offers to marry him. I get the feeling this isn't genuine, like it's not true love.

by Anonymousreply 74May 19, 2024 12:35 PM

This is a little messy, and much more interesting TBH

by Anonymousreply 75May 19, 2024 12:50 PM

He is fairly large as he revealed in Road Trip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 19, 2024 1:22 PM

Olsson is probably a pederast and just too afraid to fuck a 14 year old boy, so he finds a grown man who looks like a 14 year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 77May 19, 2024 2:14 PM

R65 Ty divorced his wife in 2012

by Anonymousreply 78May 19, 2024 2:19 PM

r78, he got married again to a woman named Katherine Lohmeyer in 2019 and got a divorce in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 79May 19, 2024 2:22 PM

Yes R78 but read his Wiki link at R18.

Ty married again in 2019 and then divorced again in 2021.

So he was married to another woman for two years from 2019-2021.

by Anonymousreply 80May 19, 2024 2:22 PM

Ty just wants DJ's fortune!

by Anonymousreply 81May 19, 2024 2:24 PM

R79 R80 I hadn't realized he remarried. They were most likely just friends and didn't get together until after 2021.

by Anonymousreply 82May 19, 2024 2:45 PM

Not that the public is owed PDA or any news about relationships, but it is a little awkward for Qualls to be the only one saying anything at all about it...

by Anonymousreply 83May 19, 2024 3:06 PM

I was thinking the same thing as you, R83.

It's almost as if DJ talked about this publicly, without talking to Ty about it first. Almost like outing him without Ty's permission.

Although I don't think DJ would do that, and it also sounds like a lot of people knew about their relationship.

This is the only statement that Ty put out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 19, 2024 3:11 PM

R83 Literally what I've been thinking. I hope he is fine with DJ telling everyone though.

by Anonymousreply 85May 19, 2024 4:39 PM

R81 And a green card.

by Anonymousreply 86May 19, 2024 4:39 PM

R79 It's very weird because they were posting pics together on trips in 2018. Was TJ in a gay panic and that's why he married a woman? He couldn't handle his feelings? Or were they just friends at this point? I doubt DJ would be at their wedding if there was any bad blood between them, so I'm guessing they were just friends? It's possible he realized he was in love with DJ while he was married, and that's why he got divorced. I hope he didn't cheat on her with DJ, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I guess it's also possible he wasn't ready to come out, so he married a beard? Maybe he wanted to keep his relationship with DJ hidden? Would explain why DJ would show up to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 87May 19, 2024 4:44 PM

[quote]We’re Going to Be Old Men Together

We're going to be old men.

by Anonymousreply 88May 19, 2024 4:46 PM

R84 I wonder if Ty knows the timeline looks bad, which is why he is staying quiet.

by Anonymousreply 89May 19, 2024 4:59 PM

DJ so proud he bagged this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 19, 2024 6:12 PM

“We’re going to be old men together” You ARE old men.

by Anonymousreply 91May 19, 2024 6:17 PM

R91 I knew DL would mention that lol.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2024 6:21 PM

[quote] We’re Going to Be Old Men Together

[quote] We're going to be old men.

We're going to be together.

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2024 7:49 PM

Which one is 😈 and which one is 😩?

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2024 8:25 PM

R94

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2024 10:46 PM

They already look like old men together.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2024 11:12 PM

I really hope this doesn't end in tears for DJ. He seems like a sweet guy

by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2024 11:31 PM

Sounds messy as fuck, but good luck kids.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2024 11:44 PM

I genuinely didn't know either of them were gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2024 12:03 AM

R6 already posted that photo, R99.

It's Jason Cermak with Ty Olsson, not DJ Qualls.

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2024 12:08 AM

I see R100. Thanks for the clarification. The pic came up in Google images and I thought to myself - DJ looks a lot better with his clothes off.

And now I know why! Because it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2024 12:14 AM

Ty is like my dream guy. Beefy. Rides a motorcycle.

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2024 12:29 AM

Ty was soooo hot on Men in Trees.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2024 12:35 AM

More gay homosexuals in our industry?

by Anonymousreply 104May 20, 2024 12:37 AM

Why does Ty have his hand on Jason Momoa's leg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 20, 2024 12:44 AM

Ty might be a bottom...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 20, 2024 12:44 AM

There's no way Ty is a bottom. Not with DJ anyway. He has to be the top. Can you imahine DJ topping Ty? Not happening.

by Anonymousreply 107May 20, 2024 12:58 AM

It would be a crime against god and nature, R107.

by Anonymousreply 108May 20, 2024 1:04 AM

Ty's feet.

And possible bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 20, 2024 1:11 AM

The gay news outlets have picked up the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 20, 2024 11:42 PM

This is very cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2024 4:53 AM

Qualls has that Fisher Stevens long skinny neck thing.

by Anonymousreply 112May 21, 2024 5:08 AM

DJ confirmed this weekend that Ty was the one who proposed. How sweet.

by Anonymousreply 113May 21, 2024 9:51 AM

^ Of course he did. Green Card.

by Anonymousreply 114May 21, 2024 9:55 AM

R114 Yes, probably.

by Anonymousreply 115May 21, 2024 10:19 AM

Don't be so negative.

They both seem happy, so why do some of you have to ruin it?

Give it a goddamn chance, before trashing them.

by Anonymousreply 116May 21, 2024 10:22 AM

There's something about Ty's past that makes me iffy. Being married once before coming out as bi or gay is one thing, but twice? Why did he even marry that second time? It makes no sense. And then there's all these rumors about him being drunk and hitting on women at cons. He was even banned from a con. The guy has issues. Sounds like he is both a drunk and has (or had) issues with his sexuality. On the other hand; most of the fans who have met him have praised him saying he's such a nice guy. So I don't know what to believe. Funnily enough I have read about so many fan encounters with DJ saying he was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 117May 21, 2024 10:30 AM

From R111's Twitter link:

[quote] @TheOnlyDJQualls

[quote] I forgot that I said this but it’s so true. I took a screenshot of your post and sent it to Ty. He said, “don’t make me cry in this pub.”He’s the absolute fucking BEST!

What was the post that made them so emotional?

There was no photo or link to it.

by Anonymousreply 118May 21, 2024 10:48 AM

Ty could be an old-school serial monogamist who ends up marrying like 5 times.

by Anonymousreply 119May 21, 2024 12:24 PM

I’ve had friends in their 50s come out…not shocking.

by Anonymousreply 120May 21, 2024 12:29 PM

Here is DJ talking about the proposal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 21, 2024 1:44 PM

Off topic, but R121...

How did you get that Twitter link to show inline like that? Mine stopped showing up on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 122May 21, 2024 1:57 PM

R122 It only work for some videos. I was going to post another tweet, but it wouldn't let me. It says "not found".

by Anonymousreply 123May 21, 2024 2:18 PM

Here is the video. It starts at around 17:10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124May 21, 2024 2:59 PM

Can I have your stuff, DJ?

by Anonymousreply 125May 21, 2024 3:05 PM

R118 Probably just that he said they were going to be old men together?

by Anonymousreply 126May 21, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote] I took a screenshot of your post and sent it to Ty. He said, “don’t make me cry in this pub.”

I should've known that Ty would know where to find the boys, AND the booze!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 21, 2024 4:24 PM

Why would Ty need a green card? He probably works more in Canada than he does in the US and he's never had a problem working in the US.

by Anonymousreply 128May 21, 2024 4:49 PM

Yes, it's real love!🙄

by Anonymousreply 129May 21, 2024 4:56 PM

Ty sounds like a drunken bisexual mess. He married a woman in 2019 and divorced her two years later? He was in his 40s, he wasn’t some confused 20 year old.

by Anonymousreply 130May 21, 2024 5:06 PM

R130 I know. That's what makes it so weird. The first marriage can be explained if he was young and confused, but what was with the second marriage? As you said; he was in his 40s. Was it just a last ditch effort in heterosexuality before finally admitting to being gay? DJ was at the wedding. Were they fucking at this point? Did he cheat on her with DJ, or did that happen after the divorce? Were they just friends during the marriage? I have so many questions.

by Anonymousreply 131May 21, 2024 5:15 PM

And since it's totally our business, we demand answers NOW.

by Anonymousreply 132May 21, 2024 5:17 PM

R132 Lol. This is a gossip site though. What do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 133May 21, 2024 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 21, 2024 5:49 PM

[Quote]So I actually know someone who was dating Ty casually for a bit and he said Ty is literally the sweetest guy he ever dated.

by Anonymousreply 135May 21, 2024 5:53 PM

I wonder what Jensen's pals/business partners, the Duck Dynasty people, think of this?

I bet Jared is smarting having not been told beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 136May 21, 2024 5:54 PM

R136 DJ tells a story here and he mentions growing up gay in the South. I don't really see a bad reaction from Jensen. Watch from 8:00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 21, 2024 6:04 PM

Being bisexual, I wonder if he picked a homely man because he would let Ty fuck around on the side.

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2024 6:13 PM

Jamiroquai?

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2024 7:48 PM

Jensen is a homophobic and religious fundie nutjob, which is why you haven't seen any congratulations from him to either DJ or Ty.

I am surprised though, that Jared hasn't commented.

He and Gen have always been gay allies.

Unless Jared is uncomfortable with DJ and Ty, knowing Ty's sketchy dating history.

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2024 9:04 PM

This is the closest Dean ever came to being gay on Supernatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2024 11:51 PM

R127 Sounds like they both love to drink, so they probably have that in common. If you listen to the entire story about the proposal they were doing beer pong or something like that and DJ was winning. He said he's better at bar games than Ty, which annoys Ty, lol. I can't even imagine DJ drinking though, considering his weight he must get drunk after like one beer? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 142May 23, 2024 8:16 AM

The timeline is still very confusing. This is from 2020 when DJ came out. Ty said "proud of you my love". Sounds like more than friends to me. My guess is they had something at that point, which is what prompted DJ to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143May 23, 2024 8:19 AM

[quote] The timeline is still very confusing. This is from 2020 when DJ came out. Ty said "proud of you my love". Sounds like more than friends to me. My guess is they had something at that point, which is what prompted DJ to come out.

And Ty to get divorced a year later.

After reading what Ty posted, how can there be any doubt that they were involved with each other at that point? It's very clear.

Even the SPN fan who posted that on Twitter, said "How could we be so blind?"

People must have thought that Ty was joking (because the Supernatural cast are always making stupid jokes like that), but they were in fact hiding in plain sight.

by Anonymousreply 144May 23, 2024 8:38 AM

R144 Yup. I think they were involved in 2020, when Ty was still married. It's why Ty has been quiet (except for one tweet) about the engagement.

by Anonymousreply 145May 23, 2024 8:56 AM

R144 I'm not sure. I think if they were together at that point, he probably wouldn't have written such a lovey-dovey public message for fear of being exposed.

I had a look at Olsson's instagram and he's still got lots of photos with his wife from a few years ago where he's declaring his love for her. I guess going back and deleting old posts takes time.

I think he's bi rather than being gay and previously in the closet, as the latter usually have no public relationships. But the way Qualls describes their relationship it sounds like a very good friendship that became sexual over time. So maybe if he'd never met Qualls he'd never have even had a same sex relationship. Human sexuality is complicated.

by Anonymousreply 146May 23, 2024 8:57 AM

They have an open relationship. It's confirmed.

[Quote]I heard you talk about how the younger you thought love was something you had to protect but as you got older you realized love is so plentiful that you can give it to anyone and it doesn’t obligate you to anything other than being a good human being. What a lovely sentiment. TY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 23, 2024 4:48 PM

Is there ever a gay relationship where one is much more attractive than the other and it isn’t an open relationship?

by Anonymousreply 148May 23, 2024 6:26 PM

So Ty is likely a big ol dick-swingin and philandering drunk, and DJ is a stable enabler and caretaker. Ty maybe has bi tendencies and realizes that gay men are more accepting of open relationships (than women, probably), so shacking up with DJ makes sense at this stage of his life.

by Anonymousreply 149May 23, 2024 10:29 PM

They’ve likely been fucking for years…and maybe DJ is also bi and joins in.

Who knows…

by Anonymousreply 150May 24, 2024 12:23 AM

[Quote]Good night everyone. I’m going to bed. Ty and I are going to Cologne tomorrow to see the cathedral. I’ve never been.

Aww... this is cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 24, 2024 1:25 AM

R149 You nailed it. I think they both love their booze though. DJ hinted at it when he talked about the proposal.

by Anonymousreply 152May 24, 2024 1:27 AM

What does he mean, “going to be?”

by Anonymousreply 153May 24, 2024 1:33 AM

R153 Lol! Someone pointed out they already are old men. I'm not sure I agree though. I picture old as like 80-90. They are both in their 40s/50s, which is pretty much middle age.

by Anonymousreply 154May 24, 2024 1:47 AM

I hope that Jared and Gen are invited to the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 24, 2024 2:00 AM

Ty finally talks about the engagement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 24, 2024 5:00 AM

Lol watching Ty talk about their relationship at R156 made me nervous for some reason!

I can't explain it, but he seemed jittery. Like a nervous groom who is unsure about getting married.

It's kind of hilarious.

I dunno, DJ....

by Anonymousreply 157May 24, 2024 6:47 AM

R157 I agree. One smile in the beginning, then nothing. He didn't seem very happy about the engagement, yet he was the one who proposed. It's very confusing.

by Anonymousreply 158May 24, 2024 9:20 AM

This seems like a situation where bisexual threesomes could be had.

by Anonymousreply 159May 24, 2024 9:53 AM

R159 MMF? Not a chance. DJ is gay. An open relationship is more likely imo, which Ty has hinted at already.

by Anonymousreply 160May 24, 2024 10:45 AM

I'm far more likely to believe the MMF is actually MTC (Misha Tippens Collins)!

by Anonymousreply 161May 24, 2024 2:14 PM

If anything, I think that the "open relationship" would be DJ allowing Ty to fool around with a woman every once in a while.

Like a "Hall Pass," but with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 162May 24, 2024 3:13 PM

R162 I think so too. They probably have an open relationship where Ty gets to fool around with women from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 163May 24, 2024 4:24 PM

Jesus if that’s true then what a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 164May 24, 2024 4:35 PM

Ty sho was pretty when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 24, 2024 4:38 PM

Is Ty Olsson any relation to Harriet, Nels, Nellie and Willie?

by Anonymousreply 166May 24, 2024 4:52 PM

Nice picture at r165, I wonder if he had any cock in his mouth by that point

by Anonymousreply 167May 24, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote]It's very confusing.

Admittedly, I've never seen an episode of "Supernatural" or heard of Olsson prior to this. And I agree with everyone who said there are red flags galore. But the video was taken from a Cameo and I'd imagine actors often feel awkward when recording those.

by Anonymousreply 168May 24, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote] I think so too. They probably have an open relationship where Ty gets to fool around with women from time to time.

Ew! Cooties!

by Anonymousreply 169May 24, 2024 7:51 PM

R168 That's true. Cameos are always awkward. I think we'll have to wait and see until he talks about it outside of a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 170May 24, 2024 10:08 PM

When you make this kind of announcement, it’s a thing.

Best wishes to them both.

by Anonymousreply 171May 24, 2024 10:36 PM

DJ and Ty at a con in Germany today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 25, 2024 10:16 AM

Ty needs Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 173May 25, 2024 12:28 PM

Cute...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 25, 2024 8:17 PM

That profile shot of DJ at R174 highlights that his already sort of odd features are becoming more exaggerated as he gets older.

It's weird, because in some photos he looks okay, but in others, he looks downright odd.

by Anonymousreply 175May 25, 2024 8:22 PM

[Quote]Ty and DJ have read some and think it's great hilarious, someone right away sent him something, Ty said the fic was writing them wrong, Benny is the top and they would fuck properly cuz they are alpha males 😭, the fic wrote them too soft.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 25, 2024 9:01 PM

That was about fanfics btw.

by Anonymousreply 177May 25, 2024 9:04 PM

[Quote]They also put a rubber gimp suit in his trailer to keep him dry from the heavy weather one time but he thought it was the boys fucking with him because he was traumatised from pranks. 😭 DJ: "I don't like rubber ... You know what I meant" Ty seemed amused LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 25, 2024 9:05 PM

Lots of sexual innuendo in those Twitter posts, but for the life of me I can't understand what they're talking about.

Am I missing something?

by Anonymousreply 179May 25, 2024 11:58 PM

R179 What do you mean? They mostly just talk about the characters they play. It's a convention. They talk about other stuff too, but mostly they just talk about Supernatural and Benny/Garth.

by Anonymousreply 180May 26, 2024 4:52 AM

R179 Maybe it makes more sense if you read the entire Twitter thread.

by Anonymousreply 181May 26, 2024 4:53 AM

I don't know why but something about this whole situation is a little off and it makes me feel slightly uneasy.

by Anonymousreply 182May 26, 2024 5:02 AM

Why would you even spend more than two seconds thinking about this "situation?"

by Anonymousreply 183May 26, 2024 6:13 AM

Well, because it's taken up quite a lot of space on DL and Twitter and they are two out gay actors who we all know R183.

Do you prefer to just think about nothing?

by Anonymousreply 184May 26, 2024 6:16 AM

R184 do you have any good Twitter links to Supernatural fan discussions?

There are probably thousands of them out there, and I'd love to narrow my focus to just DJ and Ty talk.

by Anonymousreply 185May 26, 2024 6:39 AM

I'm sensing a lot of jealousy here. Let these two be happy. Opposites do attract.

by Anonymousreply 186May 26, 2024 6:43 AM

No sorry I don't R185. I've just been reading random things which have popped up about them.

by Anonymousreply 187May 26, 2024 7:13 AM

R185 There's no discussion about them as a couple before the engagement news. Seems like nobody knew. But there is some discussion on Reddit about Ty's behavior at cons, like about him being drunk etc.

by Anonymousreply 188May 26, 2024 7:45 AM

[quote] There's no discussion about them as a couple before the engagement news

So I think this is the thing about their relationship that makes people uneasy.

Supernatural fans are some of the most diehard and devoted fans, and they know EVERYTHING about the actors who were on the show. Down to the smallest little detail.

For no one to have even suspected any sort of relationship between these two guys, is nothing short of impossible.

So my question is how and why did they keep their relationship such a big secret?

Was Ty ashamed of it? Is he uncomfortable with coming out?

Or maybe they knew that there would be questions about the "timeline" that has been mentioned throughout this thread. Because it really would look bad if Ty was hooking up with DJ while still married.

I'm also thinking that it's quite possible that not even their fellow Supernatural cast members knew what was going on.

Which would make this the best kept secret EVER in Supernatural fandom.

by Anonymousreply 189May 26, 2024 8:01 AM

R189 The fans don't really care about DJ and Ty though. They are obsessed with Jensen and Jared. I saw a tweet about DJ and Ty kissing a while ago, but the person who tweeted referred to them as friends. I don't think the fans realized they were together, just that they were good friends.

As for keeping it a secret: I have no idea why. Fans say DJ have always been private about his love life, even after coming out. It's more complicated than that though, because of the overlapping timelines. Remember the tweet from Ty when DJ came out? It's likely they were already involved by then, when Ty was still married. Maybe Ty wanted to keep it a secret because of that. I think it's more that than being ashamed about the relationship. It's also possible he isn't entirely comfortable with being out as bi/gay.

by Anonymousreply 190May 26, 2024 8:17 AM

If Ty turns out to be a scumbag and breaks DJ's heart I will swoop in and comfort DJ. That 46 year old hole has the perfect amount of mileage and has aged nicely like a vintage Champagne. My cock will savor it.

by Anonymousreply 191May 26, 2024 8:36 AM

[quote] Why would you even spend more than two seconds thinking about this "situation?"

Watch this R183, and you'll understand the fandom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 26, 2024 9:02 AM

R192 - I'm not a fan of Supernatural. I've never seen any of it and I'm not interested in it. Not my bag.

I'm the poster R183 is talking to.

by Anonymousreply 193May 26, 2024 9:13 AM

They look happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 26, 2024 11:08 AM

Another pic from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195May 26, 2024 11:26 AM

[Quote]They got a tattoo together (he, Ty and his two daughters) for Father’s Day last year 🥰🥰 #Purcon8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 26, 2024 11:31 AM

[quote]Do you prefer to just think about nothing?

Sounds like bliss.

by Anonymousreply 197May 26, 2024 11:42 AM

[Quote]Haha yeah, people weren't even allowed to say Congratulations to Ty and DJ at the panel, also "no relationship questions" and we know what that's aimed at...

WTF?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 26, 2024 12:29 PM

So happy for them…

If you watch “Glee” from 15 years ago, Santana’s character nailed Karofsky with the “Late in life gay. “ line.

Looking at you, Ty.

by Anonymousreply 199May 26, 2024 8:50 PM

You know Ty is out there banging pussy every other night. His history shows he's a pussyhound.

He's just using DJ for the money.

by Anonymousreply 200May 26, 2024 9:59 PM

R200, you forgot to sign your name -- Dee Plorable

by Anonymousreply 201May 27, 2024 3:32 AM

I love how much this story has captured DL's imagination. Everyone wants to know DJ's secret.

by Anonymousreply 202May 27, 2024 4:37 AM

R202 his secret is that he is a professional power bottom

by Anonymousreply 203May 27, 2024 4:45 AM

R200 I don't know, there's also that tumblr post that said Ty had dated some other guy in the past. He is clearly bisexual. Why do you assume he cheats on DJ? I don't doubt that he has sex with women, but it's dumb to assume he's cheating on him. I think DJ knows and they have an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 204May 27, 2024 7:04 AM

R200 Money and a green card.

by Anonymousreply 205May 27, 2024 7:05 AM

I never watched the show and know little about it but that’s a hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 206May 27, 2024 11:36 AM

Ty Olsson is a hot bear. Just watch this edit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 27, 2024 3:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!