Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Convicted murderer of children Rebecca Grossman still not sentenced yet. Why?

Rebecca Grossman, a rich and powerful Los Angeles socialite, sped her Mercedes through a crosswalk and killed Mark Iskander, 11, and his 8-year-old brother, Jacob, as they were crossing the street with their mother and younger brother.

Nancy Iskander, a biotech executive, grabbed her son, Zachary, who was 5 at the time, and dove out of the way. But she and her youngest son witnessed the crash.

Grossman, 60, had prescription drugs and alcohol in her system at the time of the 2020 crash, prosecutors told Fox News Digital. Although she was married to a prominent Los Angeles surgeon, Dr. Peter Grossman, she was racing her boyfriend, former MLB pitcher Scott Erickson, home from a restaurant. Each of them were driving Mercedes-Benz SUVs above 70 mph.

Jurors found her guilty in February, but she has not yet been sentenced. Not only has she never expressed remorse, her "games" in court and from behind bars have antagonized the grieving family for years, Iskander said.

"She had many opportunities to show mercy, and she did not show any mercy on my family," Iskander told Fox News Digital. "In fact, she only showed hate – all sorts of hate in many, many ways – as if we're her No. 1 enemy in the world."

The Iskander family has accused Grossman of toying with the justice system throughout the process, appealing her charges to the state Supreme Court before trial and then in March attempting to tamper with the jury.

Deputy District Attorneys Ryan Gould and Jamie Castro sent jailhouse phone call transcripts to the court in March that allegedly showed Grossman violating a gag order on the case and openly discussing attempts to interfere with witnesses and influence the judge, FOX 11 Los Angeles reported at the time.

"It feels so unfair not only to lose the kids but also to find yourself in the middle of a fight and with a person who wants to hurt you as much as possible in the middle of it," Iskander said.

"A person killed two children. They didn't do anything wrong. She's a murderer," Iskander said. "It should be a straightforward process, right? And I mean, for society, it has to be a straightforward process."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2024 6:19 PM

I liked her in Popular.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2024 5:00 PM

Rich people live and play by a different set of rules, than regular people.

This case is proof of that.

The legal system has failed us all.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2024 5:03 PM

15 years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2024 9:10 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2024 9:13 PM

Next up, the civil wrongful death lawsuit. This should result in a payout of several millions.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2024 9:50 PM

Take that selfish snooty bitch to the cleaners.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2024 9:22 PM

The mother of two California boys who were killed by a rich and powerful socialite who blew through a crosswalk in a speeding Mercedes has vowed to confront the convicted murderer in prison in the hope that she will someday show remorse after what critics call a lenient sentence of 15 years to life in prison.

"My plan is to give her a visit in prison, in a few months or maybe a year, and I will ask her that question directly," said Nancy Iskander, the mother of 8-year-old Jacob and 11-year-old Mark. "I will say, ‘Are you able to say, "I am sorry I killed them?"’ This will allow me to forgive, because I need to get through what she's done."

Iskander was forced to dive to safety with her youngest son, Zachary, who was 5 at the time, when Rebecca Grossman, a 60-year-old co-founder of a prominent burn center and a wealthy Los Angeles philanthropist, sped toward them at more than 80 mph.

Mark and Jacob Iskander were both killed when Rebecca Grossman sped through a crosswalk while racing home from a boozy date in 2020. The mother and surviving son watched in horror as Grossman slammed into Mark and Jacob at an estimated 81 mph. Then she fled the scene.

Grossman, who prosecutors described as a "completely self-serving" narcissist, was convicted of two counts of second-degree murder and fleeing the scene of an accident for the Sept. 29, 2020, crash, but not without a number of dramatic curveballs in the case.

"She has lived a life of privilege and clearly felt that her wealth and notoriety would buy her freedom," prosecutors wrote to the court while requesting the maximum allowable sentence of 34 years to life in prison.

According to prosecutors, even after her conviction she refused to take responsibility for the deaths, which jurors found were murders and not a "tragic accident."

On Friday, Judge Joseph Brandolino sentenced her to two concurrent terms of 15 years to life in prison plus another three years for fleeing the scene that will also run concurrently. California legal experts tell Fox News Digital she could be eligible for parole in just eight years.

One glaring issue with the sentencing, in Iskander's view, is that Grossman's sentences were not imposed to run consecutively, which the mother says reduces the murders of two boys as if they were one person and completely erases Grossman's attempt to flee the scene and avoid justice altogether.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to accept that … or even understand the judge's point of view," she told Fox News Digital.

The concurrent sentences for a suspect who prosecutors said showed no remorse is unusually lenient, according to Garrett Dameron, a supervisor in the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office who oversaw the line prosecutors on the case.

In contrast, a man in nearby Ventura County received a sentence of 30 years to life in prison for the deaths of a woman and her granddaughter who were riding together on a motorcycle when he smashed into them head-on while driving high.

"She basically showed no regard for the way our justice system works, and he rewards her with basically the lightest sentence he can give her," Dameron told Fox News Digital. "It's deeply offensive."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2024 6:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!