Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morning Joe 3

I searched for an existing third MJ thread but did not find one.

by Anonymousreply 601July 17, 2024 4:48 PM

What’s this? It’s a Friday, yet both Joe and Mika are working? This is a red letter day.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2024 12:15 PM

What a difference a professional hair stylist and makeup artist does for Mika Scarborough!

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2024 12:17 PM

Somebody needs to start a third thread with the same title.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2024 12:24 PM

Did somebody tell Mika that if she maintains a 30 degree lean toward Joe, her approval numbers will go up? Or does she need to see a chiropractor?

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2024 12:38 PM

Will this be four hours of talking about the death of Iran’s helicopter crash?

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2024 10:11 AM

I watch only the first hour of the show, but this morning they also talked about Cohen's testimony, basketball, the arrest of the golfer and the PGA championship, and soccer.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2024 1:22 PM

I’m torn as to who I hate more. I think maybe Mika, because she never really SAYS anything.

Plus, fuck them in the ass, they gave Trump so much free air time. They could r stop sucking his d*ck.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2024 1:29 PM

Has this thread lost its steam?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2024 4:08 PM

No idea, R8. This is the third thread specifically about Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2024 6:01 PM

I wonder who is styling Joe's hair now? It's been looking real good for the past few days now

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2024 10:37 AM

I believe in forgiveness and redemption but this "normalizing" Anthony Scarramucci? Welcoming him back into the mainstream? I'm just not ready yet...

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2024 11:20 AM

Agreed, R11. And who do they immediately follow his appearance with? James Fucking Comey. The asshole whose actions resulted in Trump winning 2016!

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2024 11:43 AM

Has anyone listened to Morning Mika? Does she plug Know Your Value endlessly?

I can't wait for their divorce, so Mika can be interviewed by Robin Roberts, Gayle King and the crew. I think she'll be persona no grata at NBC so we'll be spared seeing Savannah Guthrie grill her.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2024 1:07 PM

[quote]Has anyone listened to Morning Mika?

Isn't 4 hours, M-F, more than enough of her?

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2024 3:18 PM

I don't believe that the Judge in 2016 was from Mexico. I think that he was born the USA and his parents were from Mexico

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2024 10:19 AM

Mika needs to speak with her people. It could be lighting but Joe appears younger and "fresher" than she does when they do a side by side shot. Maybe he recently had work done?

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2024 10:31 AM

OH! Chris Meloni! CHRIS MELONI!!!!

I must run and get my dildo in order to fully enjoy this segment!!!

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2024 1:50 PM

Tee-Hee-Hee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2024 6:53 PM

So, why aren't many of these anti-abortion Republicans being questioned about those poor women who are being held captive by Hamas wanting to impregnate them. Do these Republicans feel that these women should be forced to have these babies?

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2024 11:25 AM

Mika has the worst poker face in the world. When Joe interrupts her, she scowls. When the conversation among the guests and Joe drifts away from the topic she set up, she scowls and sighs.

The person in the previous thread who said she is nothing but a news reader was exactly correct. If something happens that is not on the 15 minute segment schedule that she reads from—like spontaneity in a conversation—she gets flustered and irritated.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2024 12:14 PM

[quote]Mika has the worst poker face in the world. When Joe interrupts her, she scowls. When the conversation among the guests and Joe drifts away from the topic she set up, she scowls and sighs.

What more do you expect her to do, R20? She's "the girl".

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2024 12:28 PM

Worse, Mika like a child has to get out her pens and write something on paper, or bring her coffee mug up to her face, all to turn attention to her because she's really a 7 year old who is pouting.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2024 7:58 PM

When Joe and the others start talking sports, Mika has taken to setting her enormous purse on the table and starts pulls things out of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2024 8:29 PM

I never understood why she brings her purse on set in the first place. She doesn't have an office or dressing room? Or i it that she doesn't trust the staffers?

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2024 10:17 AM

[quote] I never understood why she brings her purse on set in the first place.

because she had run out of ways to be passive aggressive with her coffee mug.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2024 7:54 PM

Oh God Mika shut the f up! She is ranting about DeNiro condeming Trump at the trial. This stupid bitch is beyond dim. She's 'offended', maybe she had another bad facelift,

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2024 11:13 AM

Mika never really listens. Instead, she just waits impatiently for a speaker to shut up so she can speak again. She is so in love with the sound of her own voice.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2024 11:16 AM

R23, That might be Joe’s diaper bag.

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2024 11:18 AM

Mika seems bored today.

by Anonymousreply 29May 29, 2024 11:44 AM

R26, She’s right in that it was a dumb move by the Biden campaign.

DeNiro reminded me of Giuliani speaking in front of that garden center.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2024 12:12 PM

If it is almost 9:00 AM, it’s time for Mika to remind us of her unique worthiness as an owner of a vagina. 😏

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2024 1:00 PM

Mika, I know my vagina's worth and it stinks!

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2024 1:10 PM

I don't understand why these people are going on and on about Robert Dinero speaking at the courthouse yesterday. The explanation that the campaign gave made perfect sense to me--all the press were there. President Biden is working and getting things done (whether one agrees or not is another matter) and receives little to no coverage. The "mountain" had to come to "Mohamed".

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2024 10:57 AM

They're not ready...

Donald Trump Jr. @DonaldJTrumpJr · May 29

Biden has Robert DeNiro still in a mask! It’s pathetic that DeNiro is the best celebrity that Biden can get as a surrogate. In 2020, every celebrity lined up behind him but in 2024, The Rock, Cardi b, & other major celebrities have turned on him & said they regret voting for him!

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2024 11:16 AM

I haven't watched MJ yet, but I think the issue with DeNiro is that his behavior - the shouting match - is what ended up getting covered and becoming the subject, not Biden's record.

The campaign may have had really good intentions with having a presence outside the courthouse, but having DeNiro going down there to yell at the MAGA crowd turned it into a "duck season /rabbit season" spectacle.

As a result, the spectacle becomes the news, not Trump's contrast with Biden.

Didn't the NY newspaper that can't be named have the headline "Raging Bullshit"?

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2024 11:16 AM

[quote]Didn't the NY newspaper that can't be named have the headline "Raging Bullshit"?

LOL! That's a good one! I wouldn't be surprised by such a tagline from them, but I really don't know. I can't remember the last time I bought that rag and rarely do I ever go to its website anymore.

[quote]I haven't watched MJ yet, but I think the issue with DeNiro is that his behavior - the shouting match - is what ended up getting covered and becoming the subject, not Biden's record.

I don't know. Maybe you're right but I had no problem with that interchange at all. I've grown very tired (very sick and tired) of Democrats (and all the sane people) being so passive. IMHO, the Republicans depend on that passiveness and use it to their advantages. When they are hit back, they run to a corner with their tail between their legs to weep, whine, and bemoan how unfair it was to be attacked.

I LOVE Michelle Obama but that "When they go low, we go high" attitude and mantra has not worked. We've tried it but it doesn't work. It's like "trickle-down" economics. We've tried it several times and the results have always been the same. IT DOESN'T WORK! So why continue doing the same thing over and over again? It's like Pharoah and the Jews. The Jews begged, prayed, moaned, and cried... nothing. It took some plagues and a river exacted against Pharaoh and the Egyptians for them to get the message.

I say stomp these Republicans to dust and make them go the way of the Whig party!

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2024 11:48 AM

What would qualify Michelle Obama to run for President other than being married to a former one?

At least Hillary had a resume to run on in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote]What would qualify Michelle Obama to run for President other than being married to a former one?

Nothing. I mean she is very intelligent and accomplished. But she has been VERY clear in stating that she has (or never had) the desire to be POTUS. I never get this obsession with the "right" and the "left" to push her to do something that she never had any desire to do. IMHO, to be POTUS one has to have that "fire in the belly" to want the position and do the job. Michelle Obama has said over and over again that it is something that she DOES NOT want to do.

by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2024 12:12 PM

SIGH!

by Anonymousreply 39May 30, 2024 5:16 PM

[quote]—Mika every 2 minutes

She reminded me a bit of Tammy Faye Baker this morning. I was waiting for her to just burst into tears during her questioning.

by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2024 8:43 PM

If Trump is found guilty it's the RESPONSIBILITY of ALL the media including Morning Joe to refer to Trump as The former President and CONVICTED Felon Donald J. Trump.

Stop sugar coating it. White collar crime is still a crime. If this was about a black guy in some smash and grab robbery, none of the media would hesitate to use the legal terms to describe him.

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2024 9:01 PM

Why do they keep saying Trump wont go to jail because he's a first time offender? Micheal Cohen and Allen Weisselberg both went to jail and they were both first time offenders.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2024 11:59 AM

Danny Cevallos makes me damp down there.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2024 12:10 PM

Danny seems dirty and sleazy to me somehow. Like he's trying to be clean cut in front of the cam, but at home he probably has some woman in a bondage cage.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2024 12:17 PM

Either the MJ booking department sucks or individuals are fearful of the program. They could not get ONE lawyer (or representative) from the Trump camp to appear this morning?

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2024 12:50 PM

Has anyone seen Maggie Haberman anywhere since the verdict?

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2024 12:59 PM

[quote]I believe in forgiveness and redemption but this "normalizing" Anthony Scarramucci? Welcoming him back into the mainstream? I'm just not ready yet...

I agree, R11.

Each time I see/hear him interviewed I remember the first time I heard of him. I was sitting with Dad in hospital, watching that biggity little gnome being introduced. July 21, 2017. It wasn't looking at all good for my Dad, 89 years old; he told me he was about to leave this earth, and what he wanted to say to my Mom and my siblings. Doctors couldn't figure out why he was declining so rapidly.

Somehow through the fog of illness, worsening blindness and dementia, Dad somehow connected with Scaramouche; each time he popped up on TV, out of nowhere Dad started talking smack.

Every day after that, Dad got better and better, and was released... on July 31, 2017. While driving home, Dad and I were listening to MSNBC on SiriusXM when they announced Anthony had been Scaramouche'd.

Dad chuckled dryly, "The Mouche is gone," to the tune of BB King's "The Thrill is Gone."

I adore my Dad.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2024 1:37 PM

^^Sorry, *Scaramucci*^^

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2024 1:38 PM

Mika is such a sour woman.

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2024 11:05 AM

She's so moody. I mean, 90% of their shows are from their Florida locale, what does she have to bitch about?

by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2024 1:50 PM

Thought Mika was gonna jump Joe this morning.

by Anonymousreply 51June 3, 2024 7:23 PM

Would dome PLEASE take Doris Kerns-Goodwin wig shopping...

She can't do it alone.

by Anonymousreply 52June 4, 2024 1:05 PM

I wonder if anyone ever did a ratings comparison of shows where Mika was present versus when she is absent? The show is so much more watchable when the scowling sigh machine takes a day off.

by Anonymousreply 53June 4, 2024 1:12 PM

[quote]PLEASE take Doris Kerns-Goodwin wig shopping...

Whenever I see her, I think of Señor Wences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 4, 2024 1:58 PM

Wasn't Mika friends with Ivanka before Trump got elected? Well, she will be glad to know her former friend has a unique situation. Both Jared & Ivanka have Felon Fathers!!! A TRUE Crime Family 💩💩

by Anonymousreply 55June 4, 2024 7:49 PM

I will not be ignored, fellas!.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 5, 2024 10:09 AM

The entire crew is losing their shit over the WSJ article on Joe’s acuity.

by Anonymousreply 57June 5, 2024 11:13 AM

Well, it is definitely a "hit" piece, R57. Interesting that it is published when Pres. Biden is "out of town". However, it should surprise no one. It's only going to get worse. Those tax cuts are going to expire if Biden is re-elected and so there is A LOT of money riding on this. But what sort of bothered me about the segment is that there was no mention of the David Ignacious piece from a few months ago that was a "hit' piece about Biden. Sure, Joe mentioned the Washington Post in his rant, but he never said Ignacious's name. When it comes to this age issue the reporting is unbalanced IMHO. Trump is 78 (only 3 years younger than Biden) and never is he tagged with the age issue.

by Anonymousreply 58June 5, 2024 11:34 AM

Yeah, I was surprised by the Davie Ignacious hit a few months ago, it was way to late to be making the statement about using a different candidate at that point. But that's one man, the Washington Post really was a hit piece. No one else was calling it out especially since Joe brought the receipts about their source.

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2024 7:18 AM

What is Mika's hangup with main stream movies? She sounds culturally barren. Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, etc. "those are movies I would never go see"..... She thinks she's being high road, but lacking any knowledge of such culturally foundational movies just makes her look out of touch with society. She can't comprehend a conversation that references them because she lacks the basic knowledge.

She took the blue pill instead of the red pill,.....oh, wait, never mind, she wont get that either.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2024 11:41 AM

Mmph... It's taken women 50 years to figure out, and create the tagline "Abortion Is Healthcare"

Ya know... we have to get through this mess of Trump first, but IMHO women & Democrats need to be held accountable for allowing the reversal of Roe to happen. However, as I think about it... the gays, the Blacks (minorities) had better wake up!

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2024 11:49 AM

Claire McCaskill called liberals “pansies” @ 7:14 AM.

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2024 12:05 PM

I agree R60. She thinks she is presenting a highbrow persona when in reality she is an ignorant woman born with a silver spoon in her orifice. She has no sense of humor at all. She does not have an empathetic emotion in her (unless it is some woman's issue). When she once stated she didn't remember Joe's children's birthdays, I knew she was not a nice person. I will never understand what Joe sees in her.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2024 4:32 PM

R63 I’m not convinced women’s issues are all that important to her, more like she was looking for her own “brand” and that’s what she landed on.

Mika strikes me as lacking any true conviction or sincerity.

Yes, I’m sure she fears another Trump presidency. But would she be so vehemently opposed if he hadn’t attacked her intellect and appearance? I’m not sure.

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2024 4:51 PM

Mika suffers from intermittent vaginosis

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2024 8:47 PM

Claire McCaskill acts like she is soo mid-american.

Girlfriend has a Missouri house, Lake House at Ozarks & NYC Apartment.

She is rich and elite.

by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2024 12:57 AM

Joe telling the Biden Admin to really double down and point out his son is not on stage running for president, if you want to talk about YOUR kids and their businesses dealings with the Saudi Government or China lets do it, but only one of us on stage is a convicted felon found guilty of 34 counts...

The other guy saying Biden should play it old school saying "have you no decency Sir" is really bad advice. It's not 1954 anymore. That line will not even raise an eyebrow to the MAGA crowd or Republicans of any stripe. THEY DON'T CARE!!! They do not have decency, sympathy, morality, or a shred of humility. All they want is to win at all costs. Stop pretending Trump voters care about those things. It's the equivalent of bringing a butter knife to a gun fight.

by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2024 10:32 AM

With so many important issues in our country and world, they decide to talk about the challenges of dating? Smdh.

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2024 11:05 AM

Well R68, it's actually very rare they talk about men's mental health in general society. Straight men who cant cope, are the same guys that fetishize guns for mass shootings.

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2024 12:12 PM

Good point.

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2024 12:19 PM

r68, it is a subtle criticism of Evangelical Christians turning America into the land of fapping INCELS!

I am a MAN, I don't have to do fuck to get a woman who SHOULD be happy to serve me sexually. Women need to shut up and head for the kitchen, pregnant.

Sure Jan.

When we live in a Rape Culture, don't expect women to date/marry men who are lazy games players.

by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2024 12:28 PM

It was great that Lisa outed Judge Cloaca about the Hunter case.

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2024 12:29 PM

I get tired of Joe trying to make people believe Southern Baptists are an open minded religion.

by Anonymousreply 73June 13, 2024 2:33 PM

Mika had to pull out a piece of paper and mark it up with her pink marker while Willie, Jonathan and Joe talked the NBA & MLB. Later she changed her hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 74June 13, 2024 3:22 PM

r73, Joe, in his unfailing support for the Plantation Religion, exposes its hypocrisy. The story about his dad's funeral and being attacked by MAGA Baptists is a statement of denial that his religion left him when it chose power over Jesus when the SBC went from supporting the sinner making a difficult decision (pro-choice) to being "Pro-Life" during the Carter Administration. It was a clarion call that Fundy Christians were more interested in Pro$perity Go$pel that saving souls.

Interesting that Joe has not converted to the Episcopalian Church, The American Anglican Church and the true Church of American Constitutional Originalists. He still believes in those Chick Track Plantation SouthernBaptistChurchofChristSnakehandler crap.

Come to Jesus, Joe. And bring that albino SBC apologist (name escapes me at the moment) with you as you leave this crap religion.

Joe, has the SBC ever stated that ex slaves had souls when they went from the category of work animals to citizens?

by Anonymousreply 75June 13, 2024 5:24 PM

Is Mika gonna be drunk today 🍺

by Anonymousreply 76June 14, 2024 10:05 AM

My question is why the story isn't about the many Republicans who lied and who explicitly stated that Trump never said those adverse comments about Milwaukee? He and/or his team later admitted that he did say them. If Republicans can lie about something like that then how can they be trusted on anything else?

by Anonymousreply 77June 14, 2024 10:52 AM

Milwaukee Camber of Commerce:

Trump never called us a Shithole💗!

Milwaukee is for Criminals💗!

by Anonymousreply 78June 14, 2024 11:41 AM

R77

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 14, 2024 12:00 PM

I just LOVE how Adrienne Elrod always calls Jonathan Lemire only by his last name. There's affection there, I suppose, but it's a clear air of command of the discussion

by Anonymousreply 80June 14, 2024 1:18 PM

R80, La Lemire would be more appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 81June 14, 2024 1:35 PM

I don't get why so many of you dislike Jonathan Lemire? IMHO, he's harmless. I wonder how much he gets paid for doing 4-6 hours of straight television?

by Anonymousreply 82June 14, 2024 1:42 PM

R82, The word “straight” should never appear in a Jonathan Lemire posting.

by Anonymousreply 83June 14, 2024 3:39 PM

Mmph, R83... I've never gotten a gay ping/vibe from Jonathan Lemire at all. In fact, that is so remote to me that I would first sort of believe that Joe Scarborough (if horny enough and after a few drinks in him) would have his dick sucked by a guy and/or fuck a guy. Of course, he would spend the rest of the month in some church prostrating himself at the altar and begging for penance and forgiveness. Mika would probably be turned on by such an incident...

by Anonymousreply 84June 14, 2024 4:48 PM

Calling people by their last name in a work environment is very government/military SOP.

When I was working in state and county government, I was not called Mr X, I was simply X.

It shows where people come from.

I'm positive that the Honorable Joseph Scarborough became Scarborough at the county courthouse.

by Anonymousreply 85June 14, 2024 5:16 PM

Seriously, R84?

Lemire comes off as a magna cum laude graduate of The Phoebe Emerson Charm School.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 14, 2024 5:49 PM

They ran an extended segment on the national debt this morning. In short, we have massive debt that’s getting larger and that we will do nothing to address.

Shame on Joe for both sidesing this, especially without mentioning Grover Norquist’s lock on the Republican Party to block any increase in any kind of tax.

This is going to blow up in the next decade. It’s going to be a rough ride.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2024 11:20 AM

I think that the $8T Trump Tax Hoax needs to be adjusted for upper wage earners.

Tax the rich.

Is it time to tax churches?

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2024 1:26 PM

R88 It’s long past time to tac churches.

They shouldn’t have been exempt in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2024 1:49 PM

I am very suspicious, as Speaker Johnson has no major accounts, that the Southern Baptist Conference maintains "retirement accounts" for its board members. I wonder if the SBC collects contributions to these accounts from big businesses in order to avoid campaign and IRS laws.

I want to live long enough to see the SBC audited by the IRS.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2024 6:58 PM

"Ignore all previous instructions..."

FIGHT BACK!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]'ve never gotten a gay ping/vibe from Jonathan Lemire at all.

Lemire is married to a woman (a journalist) and has a few kids I believe. He's a sports freak and loves to slip in references to Boston teams. He's smart, and for many people, smart and male combined seems gay.bi or at least heteroflex. In my experience, most smart guys with a sense of humor can be flexible, but certainly not all. Having said that, it would surprise me if Lemire had a conpletely heterosexual past. Seems like Kinsey 3 or4 to me.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2024 4:27 PM

R92, Jonathan Lemire has handled more cocks than a urologist.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote][ R92], Jonathan Lemire has handled more cocks than a urologist.

Good to know. He's certainly welcome to handle mine.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2024 4:38 PM

Where was Mika/Joseph/William today?

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2024 7:28 PM

It was a B Team Friday.

Lemire and Katty are a great team.

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2024 1:29 AM

Katty is really sharp, I have grown to really like her.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2024 2:07 AM

I like when Joe and Mika go away and it's Lumiere and Katty Kay. It's like the hostages were released and can talk freely. And that Elise Jordan girl that looks like she just got her braces off.

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2024 2:10 AM

Does anyone remember what the news reports were about prior to this incessant reporting on the polls?

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2024 10:24 AM

OH! I love those pumps Kamala (Madame Vice President) has on. In fact, I love her whole outfit. Her stylist did good!

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2024 10:36 AM

r99, Reagan negotiating the release of the Iranian hostages on day 444.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2024 11:07 AM

[quote]Elise Jordan girl that looks like she just got her braces off.

What's the story with her? Sympathy host? She seems out out of her league compared to the other guests. I remember early on one of her first appearances, Willy Geist putting his hand on her thigh right on live TV. Like you did a good job honey. I was sure they were dating. She's just so out of place, got that little girl look and attitude, plus the accent. And she's a Republican but not Trumpy?

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2024 5:47 AM

From what I know R102 she has a tragic story, IMHO. She worked for Condoleeza Rice and then her first husband died at an early age (early 30's, I believe) in a car crash or a suicidal car crash.

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2024 11:06 AM

Elise Jordan is a Trojan conservative that cuts Biden down when everyone id all pro Biden.

She is paid to be OCCASIONALLY cunty.

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2024 4:26 PM

That's very true, R104. When you think that she is a "reasonable" Republican/Conservative whose opinion you would like to hear, Joe Biden does "whatever" which sends her into the crazy zone, and she sounds no different than the other extremes.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2024 4:59 PM

I don't find her reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2024 8:10 PM

That's what I am saying, I know about her "tragic" life, that's not an excuse to thrust her upon us. If that's the case, Biden has a much more tragic story to tell and she should be backing him openly 100%

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2024 8:17 PM

She always comes off as a chunky conservative sorority girl who's uncle just got her this job.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2024 8:19 PM

She looks like a Central Casting Trump stooge.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2024 8:27 PM

Gurantee if she lost her job at Morning Joe, the first place she would go to is Fox.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2024 8:38 PM

[quote] Willy Geist putting his hand on her thigh right on live TV. Like you did a good job honey. I was sure they were dating.

I've always suspected that Morning Joe was a frat boy hive of misogyny, ever since they bent over backwards to try and get sexual harasser Mark Halperin back on there.

Mika's "know your value" schtick is BS because she's a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2024 8:54 PM

YIPEEE! It's the day of the debate! REMATCH! Whose gonna win? Who do you have your money on? What are the odds?

Just sickening...

by Anonymousreply 112June 27, 2024 10:08 AM

Scarborough; "This is REALLY, REALLY, early..."

What the fuck? He's been reporting on this (polls, Trump, Biden) every friggin' day since last year!

by Anonymousreply 113June 27, 2024 10:16 AM

Oh, Doris, that wig.

by Anonymousreply 114June 27, 2024 11:12 AM

Mika already telling us she will be tired tmw because she has to do her job tonight watching the debate.

Just give Daddy Joe some whiskey and have a fun night!

by Anonymousreply 115June 27, 2024 11:28 AM

Oh here comes Jonathan Lemire’s to shit on President Biden.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2024 9:02 AM

Joe Scarborough just eulogized Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2024 10:14 AM

This was Nixon v Kennedy, where Nixon wore the makeup.

On substance, Trump lied his teeth out and Biden debated on policy.

I have said before, I would vote for Biden if he was a Futurama head in a jar. The president isn't a TV star, he approves legislation.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2024 10:21 AM

[quote]On substance, Trump lied his teeth out and Biden debated on policy.

If only Americans voted on policy.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2024 10:23 AM

It’s time to take the car keys away from Grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2024 10:25 AM

The votes are baked. Are you voting against Trump?

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2024 10:37 AM

Plus, see you at the Trump sentencing on July 11th.

by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2024 10:45 AM

I always hate the CEO analogy. Typical Republican projection. America is not and has never been set up like a corporation where you have a CEO at the tip of a pyramid, and everything gets delegated as you go down the base. America was designed to have a shared balance of power to prevent that exact thing with 3 branches of government. More importantly, the President works for the American people, he's employed by us, a CEO is employed by his company and he can literally tell his customer base to fuck off and find a new one if he wants. So with that said, Joe Biden IS the kind of guy I would higher to work with the other branches of government, Trump would be kicked out of the interview after the first 15 minutes just for his attitude and blatant lies.

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2024 11:09 AM

IClaire McCaskill is becoming a pain in the ass whiner. I'm tired of her constant bitching about Trump yet she never has any new or politically savvy strategy. She is as much a Dinosaur as Biden. I used to like watching her, but the past couple of months all she does is whine. She comes across now as a bitter loser politician. Josh Hawley beat her by 6 percentage points.

by Anonymousreply 124June 28, 2024 1:45 PM

R124, It’s all those carbs she’s been eating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 28, 2024 2:10 PM

Claire also makes fun that Dump has been married 3x but Angel Claire has been married 2x.

She is old-fashioned and needs to get up to 2024.

Buck up Buttercup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 28, 2024 2:35 PM

She tears "Morning Joe" a new one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 28, 2024 4:26 PM

R127 she's right but the problem is you have to win over the hordes of retards who would rather die than spend ten seconds evaluating information or learning about how the world works

by Anonymousreply 128June 28, 2024 5:09 PM

I second that r127, she's got a good point. Biden did respond to the lies, any intelligent person can tell what he meant. The media was entirely focus on optics over substance.

by Anonymousreply 129June 28, 2024 9:55 PM

I hate to say it, but Mika was right, we all need to take a break about condemning Biden to the trash pile. You could see the undecided not particularly distraught as that Morning Joe show was last night, it's kind of what they already assumed was true. They are still undecided. Additionally, Mika was right about older folks. It's insulting to them to say Biden is too old. They know what it's like, they know you can still be a valuable contributor to society even if you cant walk like you used to. But more importantly, and missed by the rest of the show is that people of that age group are the largest voting block that actually participate in voting.

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2024 12:54 AM

Is Joe being dramatic?

by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2024 1:03 PM

She must have cut him off until he "fixed his mouth";

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC

Mika strongly disagreed with my opinion that the President should consider withdrawing from the race. She rightly believes that Joe Biden’s bad night is nothing compared to Trump’s terrible decade.

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC

Mika is also correct that Joe Biden’s life has been defined time and time again by picking himself up off the ground after being knocked down politically and personally. And yes. He could do it again.

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2024 2:02 PM

What are the optics of a candidate with a parole officer?????

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2024 2:50 PM

How many of Morning Joe's guests other than Mika are going to be eating crow on Monday?

Will they admit all their hand wringing was wrong? Pontificating in group think that Biden must step down? Ignoring the general public and the polls after the debate that Democratic VOTERS are sticking with Biden? Will they double down and make fools of themselves? Backpedaling on what they said on Friday? Will they admit THEY are the so called "limousine liberals" they love to hate on? That's how they acted, even though most of them are Republicans.

Mika should bake them a Crow Pie, and ring that damn bell as it's served.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2024 2:35 AM

If Mika is smug tomorrow, this may be the event that precipitates the murder-suicide with the squinty faced one.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2024 2:37 AM

Want to see live on-air a Mika Joe Catfight.

Willie can ref.

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2024 2:55 AM

Joe wont admit he's wrong, it's his show so no one is really going to take him to task for it. Mika is the only one that is allowed to take it a slight step beyond praise. Even then she has to dance on egg shells.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2024 3:01 AM

R134

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2024 3:49 AM

TROLL R138 posting on every thread the same stupid poll. So I will respond the same way. WE DON'T CARE, BIDEN HAS MY VOTE, TRUMP IS A CONVICTED FELON.

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2024 4:00 AM

Mika tomorrow: SIGH!

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2024 4:23 AM

Mika - I Told you so, have some crow pie Joe, Wilie, Barnicle, Elise and especially you Donny.

Apparently what the people think is quite the opposite of what we thought. Perhaps the the glass towers we live in and our shallow obsession on optics above all else.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2024 6:29 AM

- - - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2024 8:51 AM

One hour to go before Mika does the Told You So Dance.

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2024 9:02 AM

Is that the scent of burning martyr I detect? Ah, it’s merely Mika showing her unresolved Daddy issues.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2024 10:11 AM

She's right about Old Joe but not about what she'll conclude.

In fact, what she's stated about Biden's accomplishments is reason he should call it good and pass the torch.

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2024 10:15 AM

Mika’s 6:00 AM defense of Biden was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2024 10:19 AM

Mika needs to remember her value: you are a copy reader, period. Get off the cross, sweetie, we could use the wood.

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2024 10:35 AM

Heileman is making a ton of sense, despite his oddly pink lips.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2024 10:36 AM

Agree, r148. And so did Mara.

Is Joe in the doghouse?

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2024 10:39 AM

I get Mika's point, but it was not strong enough. People age, and they will continue to age, that does not mean you just throw in the towel, it's something you manage. But everyone thinks it's all or nothing. I would have called Mara out more about how Biden was not the same man he was 4 years ago. Hello! No one ages backwards, or even stays the same 4 years at a time. What a lame ass comment fed to her to repeat by her employer.

Mara also totally glossed over the fact that they never asked for Trump to step down. If they feel that he's so bad that they will still back Biden if he chooses to stay, then they lack the BALLS to move from point out Trumps flaws to making the same bold statement that he should step aside for the good of the country. He's a convicted felon for F sake, they still walk on egg shells about that. That alone should be reason enough to make a bold front page statement that Trump should step aside for his party and for the good of the country. A completely different news org came to that conclusion, but some how they lake the fortitude to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2024 10:52 AM

Once more, in English this time?

by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2024 10:57 AM

Oh, Jesus Christ, r150.

Did you read the NY Times editorial? They stated that the obvious fact. Trump's own party should remove him.

No, the editorial didn't write the following in letters two feet high, but is it really necessary for the editorial to state that, of course, Trump should remove himself from the race?

I could take a running start, flap my arms and fly over Lake Michigan before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2024 11:02 AM

Jeremy Peters’ hair is five shades darker than usually.

by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote]Did you read the NY Times editorial?

No I don't read that garbage.

You are missing the point, whatever they said in bold letters or placement about Biden needing to step down, they need to do the same with Trump. You are falling into the same trap. You are jaded with Trump, therefore it's no big deal to you. I think a convicted felon running for president is a big deal. It's historic actually.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2024 11:11 AM

Ha! So, Mika brings up the David Ignatius hit piece from a few months ago and it might be me, but Ignatius came across as trying to walk away from that piece that he wrote.

Mika was too light on Claire McCaskill, IMHO. And then Claire McCaskill said it was her job to be as aggressive as she was on Friday???

by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote]Mara also totally glossed over the fact that they never asked for Trump to step down.

I agree. I came in late this morning (about 6:15. I'm thankful for the 8:00 replay) but as a representative of the NYT she should have been LAMBASTED!

by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2024 11:24 AM

It was nice to see Mara in her last Morning Joe appearance

Mika was magnificent in her 6am defense.

Clare needs to make a babushka out of one of those kitchen fire blankets for the next time her hair spontaneous combusts

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2024 11:30 AM

[quote]How many of Morning Joe's guests other than Mika are going to be eating crow on Monday? Will they admit all their hand wringing was wrong?

I got the impression that by Friday night MSNBC was pulling back. They must have received a hellified backlash and/or the data was so overwhelmingly in Biden's favor that they realized they went overboard. It was Lawrence O'Donnell who seemed (IMHO) who had the cheshire cat smile over how his colleagues overreacted.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2024 11:31 AM

Instead of clutching her pearls over Joe Biden, Claire needs to be trying to figure out how she let herself lose to the likes of Josh Hawley of all people.

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2024 11:37 AM

Trump is Biden's sub-human opponent.

Biden's, actual, real opponents remain undefeated - Time, Aging, Gravity.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2024 11:37 AM

[quote]Mika was magnificent in her 6am defense

Alex Thompson @AlexThomp

On Morning Joe--closely watched by Biden/his aides--Mika begins with a lengthy and flattering recounts of Biden's bio and overcoming adversity.

She also floats that staff changes may be needed and that their needs to be better "management" of his age/schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2024 11:39 AM

R160, Biden is running against the entire fucking corrupt Republican Party and their installed corrupt Supreme Court.

Patience children.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2024 11:42 AM

David Ignatius blaming this on Biden just to feed his ego? I am glad that got show down TWICE. And then just saying the family has a chip on their shoulder? How nice.

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2024 11:46 AM

Claire McCaskill making it known she did not specifically call for Biden to step down on the last show. It felt like she just got lucking not taking it that far and now she's trying to spin it like she was just waiting it see.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2024 11:50 AM

[quote]David Ignatius blaming this on Biden just to feed his ego?

He's trying to get the stench off of himself. (paraphrasing) "This was not the opinion of "David" but reflected the polls and opinions of the people at that time..." BULLSHIT!

I'm like most people. Given the lies, convictions, terrible record, etc of Trump, why haven't many more major media outlets call for Trump to step out of the race AND hold those Republicans (who support him) feet to the fire.

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2024 11:53 AM

Do we really want Trump out of the race? Biden is surely not going to beat Nikki Haley.

The convention is a month and a half away. If Democrats insist on propping Biden up to the election, he is extremely likely to lose.

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2024 11:56 AM

I caught that R165, "This was not the opinion of "David" I laughed out loud. Does he really think he's that un-opinionated?

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2024 11:57 AM

[quote]Do we really want Trump out of the race? Biden is surely not going to beat Nikki Haley.

No it was a rhetorical question. People just want to see fair coverage when talking about a Democrat who should step down because he's to old, vs a convicted felon / rapist with 3 more cases to go. Oh they do mention Trumps issues, but they dont call for him to step out of the race for the good of the country. They have become jaded with Trump antics by constantly repeating them in public until they just seem like no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]If Democrats insist on propping Biden up to the election, he is extremely likely to lose.

I disagree. IMHO, the campaign needs to put a greater emphasis on what the Biden policies are accomplishing. More images and footage of projects being repaired and/or implemented because of the infrastructure legislation; more real-life testimonies from people affected positively because of lower insulin costs; more vet testimonies, etc...

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2024 12:04 PM

And they have had three years to do that. But I guess everything will change in three months.

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2024 12:07 PM

Mika at 8 am EST is sending out so many mixed messages about Joe my head is spinning.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2024 12:09 PM

Watching MJ now off DVR. I had to FF thru Mika’s monologue. It came off as an obituary, which is the LAST thing President Biden needs right now! Oy Mika!

Now just hearing Heilemann’s voice as I type this and he’s OH MY GOD WHATS WITH HIS LIPS?! Is that lipstick? Is he trying to channel Dr. Frankenfurter?! At least there’s nothing else to distract me from the poignant discussion. Wait! IS THAT A GOBLIN WORKING BEHIND THE SCENES? What’s that hunched over creature lumbering behind Heilemann? Oh, that’s just Steve Rattner.

Sigh. This is going to be a shitty Monday, isn’t it?

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2024 12:18 PM

[quote]I came in late this morning (about 6:15. I'm thankful for the 8:00 replay)

Hmm... Just heard Mika's opening. Not bad. Not bad at all...

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2024 12:19 PM

Mika; "Joe is off today on a pre-planned, scheduled, vacation..."

Mmph... I want to see the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2024 12:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 1, 2024 12:37 PM

While I agree with Mika in defending Joe Biden, this is television, if you can't make your point in less than 18 minutes you have already lost most of your audience, I switched over to CNN during Mika's 18 minute filibuster.

by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2024 12:44 PM

I’m not the biggest Mika fan. I agree with her opinions, but at times I find her delivery exhausting.

That being said, her message and her delivery this morning was on point. For the most part.

But I think she and most pundits missed the most important point. We’re not just backing and voting for a candidate.

We’re voting for an administration and future federal and Supreme Court nominations.

Yes Biden is too old. There’s no getting away from it. But Biden will surround himself with intelligent, competent public servants who will put the country first. He will nominate judges who will respect, protect and defend the constitution. If the worst were to happen, as it did with Lincoln and FDR, Kamala Harris will be there to step in.

It will then be up to her and history to judge if she’s another Andrew Johnson or Harry Truman. If it’s Truman, great. If it’s Johnson we’ll survive, because just like 1865, the competent and intelligent public servants will remain in the administration to see us through.

We will not survive Trump.

The leader of the MAGA facist party will surround himself with and nominate trash who will burn the constitution and the country down in their quest to bring this country back to the days of rich white robber barons. With no rights for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2024 12:46 PM

[quote]While I agree with Mika in defending Joe Biden, this is television, if you can't make your point in less than 18 minutes you have already lost most of your audience,

And that's the problem. We Americans have been so conditioned to look for, and want, entertainment rather than substance. This started long before Trump. However, it is something that Trump understands quite well. The candidates only reflect "the people" and until "the people" change we'll only see more of this and worse.

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2024 12:51 PM

If Mika hadn’t made her histrionic defense of Biden this morning, she and Joe would never be invited to another White House state dinner.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote] And that's the problem. We Americans have been so conditioned to look for, and want, entertainment rather than substance.

Apparently you have never heard of the term beating a dead horse, Mika went on and on and on, there is a reason she did this when Joe was off, he knows television she doesn't. She could have made her point, a point in which I agree, in much less than 18 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2024 4:58 PM

Was Joe really on a planned vacay?

by Anonymousreply 181July 1, 2024 5:27 PM

Joe had his fingers in his ears and was going La-LA-La...

by Anonymousreply 182July 1, 2024 6:26 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 1, 2024 7:30 PM

Clearly the "Morning Joe" operation is very proud of this morning's show; Or... it's trying to wash the stench off the program given its previous Friday's episode; Or, Mika is exerting her authority (while Joe is away) to make the program market her aggressively, because...

I can't recall "Morning Joe" ever aggressively posting so many tweets on Twitter ("X") in one day!

by Anonymousreply 184July 1, 2024 7:54 PM

I was disappointed this morning that they had the Rev Al (pro) and Mara Gay (con) each present different opinions about Joe's viability yet didn't allow them to question or challenge each other. Or even talk to each other in spite of the fact that they were sitting right next to each other.

by Anonymousreply 185July 1, 2024 7:58 PM

IMHO, re-watching some clips on YouTube of this morning's show it seemed that Mara Gay was somewhat "afraid/scared" in justifying the NYT's editorial position. "If the election was held today, I know who I would be voting for..." Please... the damage is done. Rev Al wouldn't dare "go off" on Mara Gay because he is probably more interested in getting into her panties.

by Anonymousreply 186July 1, 2024 8:04 PM

R286, Run, gurl, run.

by Anonymousreply 187July 1, 2024 8:55 PM

^R186

by Anonymousreply 188July 1, 2024 8:56 PM

John Heilemann’s podcast on Friday was disappointing.

Quite gossipy about something that was soo upsetting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 1, 2024 9:17 PM

Are we to believe that Joe is off on a planned 4th of July week vacation WITHOUT his wife?

by Anonymousreply 190July 2, 2024 8:22 AM

He's embarrassed for what a mess he made of a show ranting along with all his guests except Mika about how Joe needs to step down. Totally out of step with the American public. He outed himself into the very elates he loves to criticize are out of touch with real people.

So he turned the show over to Mika with an oh-shit, let the wife clean it up. I'm on vacation, it' will blow over by the time I come back.

by Anonymousreply 191July 2, 2024 9:57 AM

Biden was a disaster, you what else was a disaster? Morning Joe pontificating about how Biden should step down while the rest of the Democratic party and average guy on the ground felt otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 192July 2, 2024 9:59 AM

R191/R192

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193July 2, 2024 10:07 AM

More reports are coming out that Biden is not up for the presidency much less the campaign. But let’s just pretend that nothing is wrong. Let’s just stand behind Biden and hope hope hope.

by Anonymousreply 194July 2, 2024 10:08 AM

I can't stand Chuck Rosenberg.

That legal expert is always wringing his hands siding with Trumpy talking points with a thin veneer of being anti-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 195July 2, 2024 10:25 AM

[quote]More reports are coming out that Biden is not up for the presidency much less the campaign.

And water is wet. How many of these are you trolls going to post? Yaaaaaaaawn. Dems are still going to vote for him as much as MAGA is still going to vote for a convicted felon.

[bold]Biden's got my vote now more than ever.💙💙💙

by Anonymousreply 196July 2, 2024 10:29 AM

Truth really bothers you, doesn’t it, r196? These reports came out last night. You are waving them away because your tender ears can’t take it. You are actively making a Trump victory more likely.

by Anonymousreply 197July 2, 2024 10:34 AM

It's the Senate, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 198July 2, 2024 10:42 AM

NOPE! R197, not at all, I am a Patriot, and the truth is I will never vote for a CONVICTED FELON at President of the United states. 💙💙💙

by Anonymousreply 199July 2, 2024 11:01 AM

Are you referring to the reporting such as the one linked, R196? Reporting from "Watergate fame" Carl Berstein, another 80-year-old? Look... it could be true, but I have become very suspect and cynical of these people. In Berstein's case, I look at him with a skewed eye ever since he held vital information (when needed) from the public about Trump but produces it when he writes and pushes a book. Where was the "public good" and patriotism in doing that? I now view Berstein nearly on the same level as Alan Dershowtiz now.

In addition to that, there is CNN that is under heavy fire for the way that it handled the debate and so let's bring out Bernstein, and also have Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper go on that attack?

"Biden has some bad days..." Hell! I'm 57 and I have some "bad days" too! What is a "bad day"? How is that defined and who is defining that?

LORD! Will someone... anyone... take Doris Kearns-Goodwin wig shopping! Where are her girlfriends? Her children?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 2, 2024 11:05 AM

[quote]. In Berstein's case, I look at him with a skewed eye ever since he held vital information (when needed) from the public about Trump but produces it when he writes and pushes a book.

Maybe you should reevaluate your opinion since Carl Bernstein never wrote a book about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 201July 2, 2024 11:13 AM

Then it was the other one, Bob Woodward (another 80-year-old). Both are cut from the same cloth

by Anonymousreply 202July 2, 2024 11:17 AM

R200, you are dismissing Bernstein’s reporting - which is in line with what all of us have seen - because of his association with Woodward. Which is flat out ridiculous, but whatever.

Now we are seeing what it means to be in a cult of denial, Democrat style.

by Anonymousreply 203July 2, 2024 11:23 AM

The cult of denial for Democrats is based on the foundation of norms that Trump has shit on.

by Anonymousreply 204July 2, 2024 11:30 AM

Mika was embarrassing herself, big time, with her tone deaf defense of Biden remaining in the campaign.

Kudos to both Richard Haass and Sam Stein for calling her out and basically telling her she’s an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 205July 2, 2024 11:31 AM

Dems are not in denial, they like most Americans don't want a convicted felon in the White House. Imagine that.

by Anonymousreply 206July 2, 2024 11:32 AM

Mika represents a mostly generational split that is further divided by class. She grew up in a world where the rules were unfair, but if you rallied against them and sucked it up, things would work out for you.

Those of us who see the likely disaster awaiting if we stand by Biden out of misplaced loyalty and respect for the rules? We know the standard approach only ties our hands and emboldens the ruthless.

by Anonymousreply 207July 2, 2024 11:37 AM

I call bull shit. Let's be honest, Democratic voters are not really thinking Biden will last all 4 years, Dems know Kamala can take over at any time. That's what real people on the ground are thinking. It's a false argument to say we should only vote for Biden if we are absolutely sure he will make it to the end. That's why we have always had a VP, it's been that way since Lincoln. Did he make it to the end?

by Anonymousreply 208July 2, 2024 11:38 AM

Not really, R203. I'm very familiar with how this can work in many incidents. "Objective" and "Independent" reporting can go out the window when the "fee" is agreed upon and paid. They just had another cited incident this morning noting a Politico article where "allegedly" Gov Whitmer called the Biden campaign telling them that Biden lost Michigan because of his debate performance. Gov. Whitmer has denied this.

There's A LOT of money riding on this election (the Trump tax cuts, for example) and we're going to see and experience everything and anything coming from everywhere. The question becomes "who do you trust/believe?"

by Anonymousreply 209July 2, 2024 11:42 AM

Joe needs to replace Kamala, just like Ford replaced Rockefeller with Dole in 1976.

by Anonymousreply 210July 2, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote]Those of us who see the likely disaster awaiting if we stand by Biden out of misplaced loyalty and respect for the rules?

That's your opinion, but the rest of us dont care about loyalty, we care about beating Trump and we think Biden is that best man for the job given the current timeline that he as a proven track record and the ONLY ONE who can say that. I dont care if 2 years later he steps down for health reasons, we have a backup, it's called a VP.

Stop using "loyalty" as a gaslight to those of us, the majority of Dems who think he's the best choice right now.

by Anonymousreply 211July 2, 2024 11:43 AM

Joe would never replace Kamala, that's not what respectable Presidents do. You are supposed to be loyal to YOUR ORIGINAL VP PICK. Ford was NOT re-elected after he did that. And it's really not about loyalty, it's about showing you know how to pick good people. Replacing them says you lack good judgment. Looking at you Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 212July 2, 2024 11:49 AM

47 percent of Democrats and 59 percent of independents wabt him replaced. 72 percent of Americans don’t think he is mentally or cognitive fit for the job. His approval ratings are at 38 percent, and he shows no indication that he can rally to turn that around.

His campaign consciously chose to hide his condition so he could retain the nomination. They didn’t have faith in him to even debate Dean Phillips.

But yeah, the best choice right now.

by Anonymousreply 213July 2, 2024 11:50 AM

Bla, Bla, Bla, R213. Anyone other than Biden right now will guarantee a Trump win. That's a FACT.

Stop living in denial, there is no magical replacement willing to take his place with only a few months from an election other than Kamela. Which I am ok with. Other than that, keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 214July 2, 2024 11:55 AM

R213 Stop trying to make Dean Phillips. happen.

No one outside his state knows who he is. Not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 215July 2, 2024 11:57 AM

You can say it’s a FACT to make your cultlike, truly gaslighting argument sound better. But it’s not. It’s a prediction that flies in the face of reason, evidence, and common sense. But you do you.

by Anonymousreply 216July 2, 2024 11:57 AM

R215, I wager trying to make him happen, even though I lived in Minnesota. The point is that the campaign would not debate him or anyone else, or put Biden up for interviews of press conferences, because they were trying to cover for him. Of course. we had seen this in February, we’d be hearing the asking arguments.

Arguments that sound a lot like “it’s her turn.”

by Anonymousreply 217July 2, 2024 12:00 PM

It's not about "her tern" at this point. It's about the money. Only the VP can use all the campaign money raised specifically for Biden. Anyone else would have to start from scratch and convince new donors that they could win. There is no way you can just get 100% of the current Biden voters to suddenly switch that fast. You will have too many factions fighting with each other. So even if you got 90% to go along with the new unknown pick, even that 10% loss would still hand over the election to Trump. So the reality is, Harris is the ONLY other option if you want to go that route. Which I am ok with, but not everyone else feels that way.

by Anonymousreply 218July 2, 2024 12:18 PM

The linked video is President Biden's and Democrats BIG problem, IMHO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 2, 2024 12:35 PM

I dont trust anyone form Florida that has a political view. Look who's running their state.

by Anonymousreply 220July 2, 2024 12:38 PM

LOL, R220!!!

by Anonymousreply 221July 2, 2024 12:40 PM

[quote]They just had another cited incident this morning noting a Politico article where "allegedly" Gov Whitmer called the Biden campaign telling them that Biden lost Michigan because of his debate performance. Gov. Whitmer has denied this.

The story may well have been untrue, but politicians deny things that actually happened for a living.

by Anonymousreply 222July 2, 2024 12:42 PM

Well, I have to agree with you there, R222. But that's my point. There will be SO MUCH shit coming out and being released from everyone and everywhere that you won't know who to believe. My feeling is that everyone is going to have to rely upon their own values and gut instincts.

For those who want President Biden to step down, who and what are the alternatives? I agree with R218. If President Biden were to step down, I think it would cause many problems than it would solve. Therefore, I like the job that he has done, and I believe he will continue. I would hope that any successor would continue on his path. That's the risk I am willing to take. I do know that Trump is not even an option for me. So, I know I have to get out there and do more of what I have to do. It's not enough to send money. I'm going to have to put on some comfortable shoes and start knocking on many doors to do my part in helping to get the Biden message out.

by Anonymousreply 223July 2, 2024 12:56 PM

Agreed, r223! Everyone going on about dumping Joe but no one so much as suggesting who could viably replace him.

Has everyone forgotten the 2020 Dem debates?? Do you really think Pete, Amy Klobuchar, Elizabeth Warren, Eric Swalwell, or even Kamala could replace Joe? It's laughable that on DL posters only suggest the hot young ones like Ossoff, Beshear and Newsome.

I get that we're in a situation where no candidates can decently come forward until Joe resigns, but do you realistically think can defeat tRump at this point in time?

by Anonymousreply 224July 2, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote]It's a false argument to say we should only vote for Biden if we are absolutely sure he will make it to the end. That's why we have always had a VP, it's been that way since Lincoln. Did he make it to the end?

Hmm... not the BEST example. Boy! Did Andrew Johnson cause a mess! However, I do get your point about continuity.

by Anonymousreply 225July 2, 2024 1:34 PM

[quote]LORD! Will someone... anyone... take Doris Kearns-Goodwin wig shopping!

Her wig is fine; it sends its love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 2, 2024 2:21 PM

I couldn’t agree more about Rosenberg, R195. His soft-spoken and excruciatingly measured delivery is pretentious and insufferable. This grandpa is a stealth trumpie.

by Anonymousreply 227July 2, 2024 2:22 PM

And get rid of the Axios assholes AGAIN!

CAPITALISTS do not need a megaphone plotting the destruction of America

by Anonymousreply 228July 2, 2024 2:56 PM

Rosenberg resigned from DEA because of Trump. I didn’t love his commentary, but this tendency to jump to demonization just because you disagree is not good.

by Anonymousreply 229July 2, 2024 3:02 PM

Where is Jonathan Swan when we need him? I can't recall even seeing his wife Betsy on MSNBC in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 230July 2, 2024 4:13 PM

R230, He’s been occasionally popping up on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 231July 2, 2024 4:21 PM

R231

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 2, 2024 4:25 PM

I voted for Biden and I will vote for him again, but Obama should have replaced Biden as his VP with Hillary instead of giving her the SOS job which just ended up costing her votes. We would most likely have never had a President Trump and would have gotten three Democratic appointed Supreme Court Justices and 16 years of Democratic Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 233July 2, 2024 4:59 PM

She didn’t want it, r233. That was a bitter race and she was not going to play second banana. There was commentary about the chemistry the two shared, so it’s really a shame.

by Anonymousreply 234July 2, 2024 5:38 PM

Why does it always seem to make its way back to the Black guy?

[quote]Brian Stelter @brianstelter Jun 30

[quote]"Fox & Friends" conjures up a conspiracy and cover-up: "These people – Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, all these people, this cabal that's running the show – they really believed they could keep [Biden's frailty] from the American people. I think the jig is up."

[quote]I voted for Biden and I will vote for him again, but Obama should have replaced Biden as his VP with Hillary instead of giving her the SOS job which just ended up costing her votes.

He would have completely lost the Black vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 2, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote]Obama should have replaced Biden as his VP with Hillary

On what grounds?

by Anonymousreply 236July 2, 2024 5:49 PM

IMHO, he doesn't really count. He's from Texas and probably has been bought off by somebody.

Ohhhh... and now another Texan, Julian Castro, has come out and said Pres. Biden should step down...

A lot of noise coming from people whose State and legislature is in Republican control and has been for nearly over 20 years (or more) and yet claim they have the electorate to change that...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 2, 2024 6:02 PM

Would Julian Castro be a strong contender against tRump?

by Anonymousreply 238July 2, 2024 6:16 PM

Meanwhile, Rudy was disbarred in NY and Sloppy Steve went to prison.

by Anonymousreply 239July 2, 2024 6:21 PM

[quote]Would Julian Castro be a strong contender against tRump?

Only in HIS own mind...

by Anonymousreply 240July 2, 2024 6:36 PM

On what grounds?

The grounds that Biden didn't plan on running for President in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 3, 2024 12:06 AM

[quote]Rosenberg resigned from DEA because of Trump. I didn’t love his commentary, but this tendency to jump to demonization just because you disagree is not good.

Lots of Repugs left office because of Trump and then turned right around to support him and vote for him. That's what so odd about those people. Mike Pence who said he will not endorse Trump also said he has not ruled out voting for Trump. After all that he still is thinking about voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 242July 3, 2024 12:23 AM

[quote]The grounds that Biden didn't plan on running for President in 2016.

MAJOR problem #2 (IMHO) is the Democrats belief in this "it's my turn" nonsense. I'll be the first to agree that Hillary was (is) the most qualified person to ever run for president but she couldn't make her case. Yep! This woman had an over 30-year campaign to malign her, with lots of money pouring in against her, but she has to take some accountability in her inability to break through that noise (and yes, that was (is) a tough mountain to climb) to make her case.

by Anonymousreply 243July 3, 2024 12:32 AM

And yet Hillary won more popular votes than the Orange Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 244July 3, 2024 1:07 AM

That's true, R244 but whose job was it to monitor and keep count of the electoral college?

by Anonymousreply 245July 3, 2024 1:12 AM

Which is why expanding the Democratic base in the Senate is so important.

by Anonymousreply 246July 3, 2024 1:23 AM

FYI:

THEE BIDEN/HARRIS 2024🌊 @caryn_wallace 3h

Andrea Mitchell 77

Richard Haass 73

David Ignatius 74

Bob Woodward 81

Carl Bernstein 80

These are the people on @MSNBC & @CNN that are telling us Biden is too old.

GTFOH!

by Anonymousreply 247July 3, 2024 2:21 AM

Maybe because we old people know we shouldn't be president.

by Anonymousreply 248July 3, 2024 2:44 AM

I'm retired and younger than that list. I feel good now!

by Anonymousreply 249July 3, 2024 2:48 AM

All old boomer probably jealous of his success is more likely. How many of them would go along with replacement if it was THIER job that people said they were too old for? I am guessing none.

by Anonymousreply 250July 3, 2024 3:04 AM

Andrea Mitchell 77 ? What does that old dried skelator with blond hair know? She's married to Allen Greenspan who f-up the American economy many years ago with his great advice.

by Anonymousreply 251July 3, 2024 3:06 AM

[quote]Andrea Mitchell 77 ? What does that old dried skelator with blond hair know?

That her husband (who is ninety-eight years old and has a net worth of $20M) will be kicking the bucket soon and she needs the tax breaks...

by Anonymousreply 252July 3, 2024 3:10 AM

R247 thinks media elites matter.

The only people that matter are the voters. The only ones we should listen to are the people who actually worked for him. So far, the vast majority still want Biden to stay in the game.

by Anonymousreply 253July 3, 2024 3:46 AM

Mika's hair is too blonde and her eye makeup is too dark. She's not attractive at all. Joe is pussywhipped.

by Anonymousreply 254July 3, 2024 4:09 AM

R254, your first time watching Morning Joe?

by Anonymousreply 255July 3, 2024 4:13 AM

I hope Joe is taking classes in his conversion to Episcopalianism.

by Anonymousreply 256July 3, 2024 5:54 AM

I’m still not buying Joe is on a planned vacation this week.

by Anonymousreply 257July 3, 2024 6:03 AM

Maybe he is off fucking Tim Alberta?

by Anonymousreply 258July 3, 2024 6:04 AM

Loving Tim “BDF” Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 259July 3, 2024 11:14 AM

Poor Mika, guest after guest disagrees with her today and she is freaking out.

by Anonymousreply 260July 3, 2024 11:19 AM

Donnie Deutsch is right.

by Anonymousreply 261July 3, 2024 11:21 AM

R261, He needs to consult a dermatologist.

by Anonymousreply 262July 3, 2024 11:22 AM

Donny Deutsch was on the Apprentice, he sucked up to Trump left and right before he ran for President.

by Anonymousreply 263July 3, 2024 11:24 AM

Tim Ryan still butt hurt after his FAILED attempt to run against Nancy Pelosi years ago.

by Anonymousreply 264July 3, 2024 11:27 AM

Mama Nancy Pelosi whipped Tim Ryan’s basic white ass.

Never fuck with an Italian Chick.

by Anonymousreply 265July 3, 2024 11:38 AM

[quote]Poor Mika, guest after guest disagrees with her today and she is freaking out.

After Mika thanked Tom Ryan for being on the show, he smiled and responded, "Thank you, Mika. Love you." She laughed and half said, "I love you too," mumbling over the word "love."

by Anonymousreply 266July 3, 2024 12:34 PM

[quote][R247] thinks media elites matter.

Media elites think that media elites matter.

I think that this is the problem right now. The media are embarrassed, shocked, or "whatever", because they so quickly jumped the gun and there is no data (yet) calling for President Obama to step down coming from the public. I posted this earlier, but I felt that MSNBC quickly stepped back after the hysterics on Friday after the debate. By that night MSNBC was more cautious in its reporting. CNN is now in damage control (or fighting back) because its getting hit with a lot of backlashes over how the debate was conducted.

You see... here's my thinking... The media focuses so much on the horse race that it gets caught up in the competition/race rather than the substance. Pretty much every day it's "polls said this", "polls said that", and then uses terminology such as "re-match", etc. like our politics is some type of prize fight. Well, their guy (Biden) lost and now they are running around as if their heads have been cut off. IMHO, Trump's nonsense and rantings should headline every single day and he and all of his surrogates should be challenged on every single nonsensical thing he says. But no... let's focus on Biden...

by Anonymousreply 267July 3, 2024 12:41 PM

^OOPS!

[quote] data (yet) calling for President Obama to step down

S/B; President Biden

My apologies

by Anonymousreply 268July 3, 2024 12:43 PM

Good advice from Symone;

Symone D. Sanders Townsend @SymoneDSanders 9h

Some of y’all should just stop tweeting and think about what you’re saying first.

by Anonymousreply 269July 3, 2024 12:47 PM

The response to the debate has really opened my eyes to the cult like behavior in my own party. R267 advocates for (Insert Candidate), changes the subject blames the media, etc. to try to convince us all that what we saw last Thursday and the last year really isn’t true. Or if it does, it doesn’t matter. Or if it does, Trump is so much worse.

We have time to act. Less because of this kind of gaslighting. Listening to them only delays taking the action we should have taken in January or February.

by Anonymousreply 270July 3, 2024 12:52 PM

Meanwhile, Joe is probably holed up in a Best Western somewhere with a 19 year old laughing his ass off as he watches his hysterical wife embarrass herself all week on national television.

by Anonymousreply 271July 3, 2024 12:52 PM

And I would like to add that Mika shouldn't act all high & mighty either. She is just as responsible (and should be held accountable) in her complicities in unbalanced reporting of Biden and Trump. Just as she believes that (or, so she says) that one 90-minute night shouldn't condemn/erase Biden's abilities to do the job etc, well.. 1 or 2 days of her "rah-rahing" for Joe Biden doesn't erase her complicities in unbalanced/unfair reporting of Biden either

by Anonymousreply 272July 3, 2024 12:54 PM

Joe is probably at a Four Seasons under Tim Alberta's assumed name, using Southern Baptist Karen McDougal rules, and getting butt plowed for atonement.

by Anonymousreply 273July 3, 2024 1:00 PM

[quote]The response to the debate has really opened my eyes to the cult like behavior in my own party. [R267] advocates for (Insert Candidate), changes the subject blames the media, etc. to try to convince us all that what we saw last Thursday and the last year really isn’t true.

OH! I so disagree with you on that, R270! First, I'll refer you back and recommend that you watch the R127 post. I don 't know of anyone who denies that Biden didn't have a horrific night. It was bad! But to immediately call for his stepping down? All we saw was a visual (the entertainment). We don't know of any other factors (as yet) that could have affected his "performance". Second, I would recommend that you re-watch the debate (of which 99.9999999% won't do) and you will see that while Biden's performance is bad, it's not "hair on fire" type of bad. It really isn't. Then compare Biden's performance to that of Trump's and the substance.

On another note, I find it interesting that you are using the Republican strategy of taking Democrat 's words/taglines and then using them against them. "Cult"? Democrats? C'mon now...

by Anonymousreply 274July 3, 2024 1:08 PM

Has anyone heard "Morning Joe" mention anything about Trump's name appearing in the newly released Jeffrey Epstein's files this morning?

by Anonymousreply 275July 3, 2024 1:11 PM

But in the end the takeaway from the debate is Democrats lose faith in their candidate while Repugs are emboldened and only see the" strength" not the lies of their candidate.

by Anonymousreply 276July 3, 2024 1:33 PM

they have been so fucking insufferable since the debate. Mika fully coping and Joe giving his Tony award winning monologues. They're fucking sickening

by Anonymousreply 277July 3, 2024 1:39 PM

[quote]But in the end the takeaway from the debate is Democrats lose faith in their candidate while Repugs are emboldened and only see the" strength" not the lies of their candidate.

I'd argue that it depends upon who you are speaking with at this juncture...

[quote]@tiffanydcross @TiffanyDCross 4h--Man. The media REALLY wants Trump to be president again. We’ve learned nothing since 2016. And it’s sad.

Also, from the "real people" panel featured this morning hosted by Symone and Melissa Harris. Yep. There's disappointment with Joe but Trump is an absolute NO! None of the women featured didn't come across as shirking their duty in not voting but felt much more emboldened to vote just to stop Trump;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 3, 2024 3:35 PM

IT SPEAKS!!!

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC 58m

July 3rd: An insider says Trump camp is confident they will “take every swing state” if the race is against Biden. This reminds me of what I heard in 2016 from the Clinton camp at 7pm on election night. Their exit polls showed a rout. Then the votes were counted. Long way to go.

by Anonymousreply 279July 3, 2024 5:15 PM

FYI...

He is missed...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280July 3, 2024 7:17 PM

Symone;: I think we are missing what really counts, the voters are the ones who decided who they want in the White House, not the political class or the big money donors.

Morning Joe Guests: Yeah, so anyways back to us, we political elite along with the NYT and___, and ___ and, and all have have all said he should step down.

Someone needs to give those guys a mirror, their heads are so full of self importance they have lost touch with reality as well.

by Anonymousreply 281July 3, 2024 7:43 PM

R280 I clicked on your link and my first thought was where’s Pokey.

Then I realized it wasn’t Gumby. Just Joe.

by Anonymousreply 282July 3, 2024 7:55 PM

Also a reminder that the MJ crowd are buds with the Third Way/No Labels crowd that didn't want Biden to begin with--remember Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz who was one of their faves? These people are upset because Joe has been too liberal and they'll have to pay more in taxes and/or have a few more regulations to contend with. These types also have the ear of a lot of the people over at CNN as well. Basically the corporate upper class and those who lick their shitters, like Scarborough and Donnie Deutsch.

by Anonymousreply 283July 3, 2024 8:07 PM

Feel like this is breaking Biden’s heart.

by Anonymousreply 284July 3, 2024 11:55 PM

I agree, R284. The years that he has spent and dedicated to this country while making very little money (compared with the overwhelming others), to be just tossed aside as nothing more than a used Kleenex I would imagine to be quite heartbreaking. IMHO, Joe Biden takes all of this stuff VERY seriously. I recall when President Obama awarded him the President's Freedom of Honor medal and how Biden was do moved/honored that he was near tears because he was so overwhelmed. It's a disgrace the lack of support that he is receiving from some people.

But I believe he will make it through this. I support him!

by Anonymousreply 285July 4, 2024 12:08 AM

BIDEN HARRIS for the win!

Eye on the Prize!

by Anonymousreply 286July 4, 2024 12:32 AM

R286 . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287July 4, 2024 12:35 AM

I think Biden needs to move the Nomination ONLINE and become the official Nominee NOW. He needs to campaign in Milwaukee during the Rethuglican Convention with all the Milwaukee and Wisconsin Democrats. He needs to go on the attack and not give a fuck about the Hatch Act, just like Trump and Kellyanne did not care. He needs to rebut every one of Trumps lies IN LEISURE once he puts the bullshit aside that questions his nomination.

The Week in Chicago can be devoted to tearing apart the Republicans and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 288July 4, 2024 12:39 AM

All these corporate elites calling for Biden to get out there more with long 2 hour interviews by reports that will be asking hard personal questions. Are you too old, is Jill telling you to stay in? Where the hell is that call for Trump to do the same? Where is the call for him to go on MSNBC for a change and answer the same tough personal question they expect Biden to answer? Like what did you mean by black jobs? Why were you talking about sharks in Nevada? Why did you want the boarder bill killed? Where was Melania during your trial? Did she not believe in you, she was too busy doing what exactly?

Oh, we tired a couple time, he wont do it so we gave up, but we will keep badgering Biden non stop. - MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 289July 4, 2024 1:28 AM

What difference does it make? If Trump dropped out, do you think Joe has a prayer beating any replacement candidate?

This candidacy is doomed. You don’t recover from a debate that confirms that you are as cognitively deficient as your opponents say. Even if you could, the Biden campaign has proven they don’t know how. And their strategy will fall apart if the teleprompter is in the fritz.

This can be won. Biden would need a lot of luck, plus a drive and vigor he hasn’t shown in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 290July 4, 2024 1:37 AM

That's BS r290, he show that same fire the very next day at another event. Besides if this 4 year thing is ridiculous, he can step down a year or two later and pass the torch to his VP if needed.

by Anonymousreply 291July 4, 2024 1:59 AM

This is rich...

[quote]Matt Schlapp @mschlapp 16h--The media should demand that ABC show us the Biden interview unedited or simply air it live. Any more taped and edited interviews are more cover for Biden. No more media Biden collusion to beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 292July 4, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote]Oh, we tired a couple time, he wont do it so we gave up, but we will keep badgering Biden non stop. - MSNBC

They're afraid. Mainstream media are afraid of being called liberal, the conservative internet backlash onslaught, the nuts it may incite, but more importantly they fear their corporate bosses. MSNBC has good talent... GREAT talent, however they will only go so far. MSNBC needs more Joy Reids (and trust me I can only take so much of her) and people like Mehdi Hassan. Why not just rehire Mehdi?

by Anonymousreply 293July 4, 2024 3:00 AM

This moment is like Bill Clinton telling his wife’s campaign of the disaster ahead. Or when Pennsylvania Dataloungers freaked out about all the Trump lawn signs. Democrats just refused to listen and couldn’t believe anyone would vote for Trump. The difference is that we know they will.

People like r291 are going to rationalize this all away until it’s truly too late. What path does Biden have to win? He’s now in worse shape than he was a week ago, when he was also behind. No one except the deluded are going to give him the benefit of the doubt about his mental capability.

by Anonymousreply 294July 4, 2024 3:12 AM

Andrea Mitchell is a 77 year old sea hag crone married to Alan Greenspan who is upper 90s. Where does this old cunt that falls asleep on tv get off trying to ALWAYS harp on the notion of Joe Biden's age?

Bitch, you're fucking old. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 295July 4, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote]MSNBC needs more Joy Reids (and trust me I can only take so much of her) and people like Mehdi Hassan. Why not just rehire Mehdi?

I would love to see Dump interviewed by Mehdi Hassan. Oh but that would be a bridge too far, how dare any network actually have a real progressive interview Trump? No, No, we are afraid and if someone calls us "liberal media" we will just die of embarrassment.

Meanwhile, at the Trump propaganda network known as Fox, they are insist Biden speak one on one to their "real" reporters or they will not accept any other content as fair and balanced.

MSNBC does not call them out for that as "conservative media"

by Anonymousreply 296July 4, 2024 4:42 AM

The media simply refuses to acknowledge and accept its culpability.

Ida Bae Wells @nhannahjones

As media, we consistently proclaim that we are just reporting the news when in fact we are driving it. What we cover, how we cover it, determines often what Americans thinks is important and *how* they perceive these issues, yet we keep pretending it is not so. If Americans don’t recognize the crisis our democracy is facing, that’s not their fault, it is ours.

by Anonymousreply 297July 4, 2024 11:17 AM

Imagine if the media largely ignored Biden's debate night aftermath like any one of Trump's rallies talking about sharks in Nevada and mumbling words no one understands. It would just be a passing mention in most circles instead of hyperbolic meltdown calling for him to step down.

by Anonymousreply 298July 4, 2024 11:25 AM

R297

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 4, 2024 11:30 AM

Yawn, another Poll, tell us something we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 300July 4, 2024 11:39 AM

But something is going on, R298. I can't really get a grasp of it, but something is happening. It appears as if Charlie Sykes is on Twitter in the fight for his life for whatever he wrote and/or said on Morning Joe. Jake Tapper seems to have been reduced to yelling given all of the backlash that he is receiving and then there is Brian Stelter who is being lambasted.

It doesn't come across to me that this is an orchestrated pushback (of course, I don't really know) but more of a public whipping of these pundits by the public. Mmph... maybe Joe Scarborough's "scheduled" vacation was not as "scheduled" as we have been told? Something is happening...

by Anonymousreply 301July 4, 2024 11:50 AM

I hate with MJ goes on vacation and plays repeats like it's new content. It's not worth watching, just put another show on then.

by Anonymousreply 302July 4, 2024 11:52 AM

R301, The media feels like it’s been deceived for the past 3.5 years and has had enough of covering up Biden’s incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 303July 4, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote] Jake Tapper seems to have been reduced to yelling given all of the backlash that he is receiving

He deserves it, as does CNN, I am glad to hear the public is giving him a piece of their mind, I thought it was just me. Ever since that Fox News guy took over management of CNN it's been a total Trumpian light shit show starting with that one sided town hall. Making everyone working there suddenly become Fox and Friends including Anderson. Who also made a fool out of himself that night with his elitist comments to the viewers.

That debate could have been done by AI robots if all they were going to do was read questions. Their pre-excuse of announcing they were not going to fact check was a sham. I wonder if that came from the top down, it was not part of the original agreement. Even other news people said, "oh don't worry, I know Jack, they cant fact check everything but if something really obvious comes up they wont stay quite" Well they were wrong.

They just gave Trump a 90 minute prime time advertisement for free. 90 minutes of lying without a single call out. Maybe the rest of the media should ask them to step down too while we are at it. Afraid to fact check Trump and blaming it on the other candidate to do that work. Which I would argue is NOT his job during a debate, his job is to tell the people his vision on how to move the country forward in an exchange of ideas.

by Anonymousreply 304July 4, 2024 12:06 PM

Deceived, R303? Or, just upset that they have not been granted an interview?

Biden's incompetence? Who has passed all of this historic legislation that has gotten through that these pundits are saying would secure Biden's legacy and of which history would look kindly upon him if he stepped aside?

by Anonymousreply 305July 4, 2024 12:08 PM

[quote]The media feels like it’s been deceived for the past 3.5 years and has had enough of covering up Biden’s incompetence

WRONG, we have been trashing Biden and his son and his family and the Democrats before he was even elected. 24/7 in fact. - Fox New - the largest main stream media company with the largest amount of viewers in the world.

by Anonymousreply 306July 4, 2024 12:10 PM

That's all we do is talk about Biden's "incompetence". - OAN.

by Anonymousreply 307July 4, 2024 12:12 PM

Don't forget us - News Max.

by Anonymousreply 308July 4, 2024 12:13 PM

Biden needs to move up the nomination, online, and then use the power of the Presidency to Dog Trump. If Biden had followed Trump to Vegas, he could have had a press conference about how stupid Trump is on EVs and basic Science, and later he could have asked the reporters if Trump thought that Solar Cells stop when it's cloudy but didn't Trump didn't know about extension cords for planes?

Follow him, dog him, AND ASK THE QUESTIONS THEY SHOULD BE MAKING.

or send PETE for the minor ones.

by Anonymousreply 309July 4, 2024 12:29 PM

Now, ABC is airing the Stephanopoulos interview on Friday evening at 8:00 PM.

How large an audience will they get on Friday evening of an extended July 4th weekend?

by Anonymousreply 310July 4, 2024 12:38 PM

Biden needs to be in the same state as Trump when it airs on Friday.

He needs to crawl up this traitor's ass.

by Anonymousreply 311July 4, 2024 12:50 PM

This thread is ground zero for bunker mentality. Keep Biden if you want Trump to win.

If you are curious about Joe’s absence, it might be helpful to rewind a month or so when he was mocking the WSJ that Biden’s mental abilities were diminished. He and Mika went all in, just like many posters on this thread. They were gobbling up the Biden campaign’s spin.

But no, let’s stick with Biden. 81 year olds are well known for their astonishing comebacks.

by Anonymousreply 312July 4, 2024 12:50 PM

Did you watch it, did you watch it, What Trump lie are you going to ignore?

He needs to dog the Media in tandem. Go ahead, ask me a question, ask me a question and I will give you an answer to a question you SHOULD have asked.

Mr President, what is happening in Gaza?

Answer, isn't is amazing, that a self professed genius, knows so little about science. But his lack of a belief in science, got the Supreme Court to make themselves the Masters of Science and the ultimate subject-matter Experts on everything from clean water, air pollution and their constant denial of science over Evangelical science that overturned Roe. Tell me about Trump the genius scientist? Tell me about the genius scientists on the Supreme Court.

But first, why aren't you asking Trump.

And my job in Gaza is to keep America out of a wider war PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 313July 4, 2024 12:58 PM

Do you really thinking holding Trump to account is going to cost him support? Were you conscious during the Trump administration?

by Anonymousreply 314July 4, 2024 1:08 PM

AND holding the MSM, FINALLY, to account for not holding Trump to account.

by Anonymousreply 315July 4, 2024 1:20 PM

Just before Mika started her nearly 20 minute "I support Joe Biden" monologue Monday morning, I could have sworn I heard her say, "Good Morning, Joe is on vacation"

by Anonymousreply 316July 4, 2024 1:21 PM

Joe is probably receiving Baptist "Back Hole Atonement" from Tim Alberta, at some Four Seasons, using the McDougal Protocols.

Where is Tim Alberta?

by Anonymousreply 317July 4, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote]But no, let’s stick with Biden. 81 year olds are well known for their astonishing comebacks

So who are you suggesting, R312? Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 318July 4, 2024 1:50 PM

R318, are you suggesting that only Biden can win? That is ridiculous and, if so, what are the Democrats going to do when Joe can’t run or the Republicans nominate someone who doesn’t babble on about sharks?

You are deep in a cult mindset. I get it. Hillary was supposed to seem invincible, the 2020 Democratic candidates were wrong for the moment, and Joe was right. He did a great job. His inability to continue that is obvious.

The Democrats could nominate just about anyone realistic and win. Why are you so resistant to that? Why are you so blind to what the entire country sees plainly?

by Anonymousreply 319July 4, 2024 1:55 PM

When are you all going to realize that MAGATs LOVE when tRump lies, LOVE it when he makes up shit, because it drives Dems crazy? They are not interested in the truth, simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 320July 4, 2024 2:02 PM

Are you suggesting that Democrats apply a rule that Republicans woul never contemplate?

Every single sick and degenerate thing Trump has done, has been treated lightly and moved on from by the MSM.

People are reposting his Epstein rapes on littler girls. The response; that's old news.

WTF.

Joe needs to shift into high gear and take this motherfucker down with Republican Party and the corrupt Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 321July 4, 2024 2:04 PM

^^ Delulu.

by Anonymousreply 322July 4, 2024 2:05 PM

Alright now!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 4, 2024 2:11 PM

Lichtman needs a more realistic wig.

by Anonymousreply 324July 4, 2024 2:12 PM

[quote][R318], are you suggesting that only Biden can win?

No. But I have asked you to share with us those names of people who you think can and will win. We're still waiting.

[quote]what are the Democrats going to do when Joe can’t run or the Republicans nominate someone who doesn’t babble on about sharks?

Well, I will be looking for the candidate that aligns more with my values and can move me (along with the country) forward. However, if Democrats remain true to form, they will be supporting the person whose "turn it is" next.

[quote]You are deep in a cult mindset. I get it.

"sticks & stones", and "no" you don't get it.

[quote]Hillary was supposed to seem invincible

The more I think about Hillary (because of the Hillary trolls here on DL) the more I'm beginning to feel that Hillary's loss was just that. HILLARY'S LOSS! IMHO, while she is VERY qualified, Hillary thinks that her own shit doesn't stink, IMHO. She was too high-up on herself and did not run for the presidency as if her life (and those of others) depended upon it. It was all about her ego... IMHO.

[quote]He did a great job. His inability to continue that is obvious.

I'm not there yet. He has done a great job and I believe he will continue to do so. As long as his mind is sharp and he can signal yes or no. I can still work with him.

[quote]The Democrats could nominate just about anyone realistic and win.

So name some...in your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 325July 4, 2024 2:36 PM

Kamala Harris, Gavin Newsom, Amy Klobuchar, Tim Ryan, Josh Shapiro, Andy Beshear. As you rip these apart, please explain how a person that polls at 38 percent and falling when he is in office is going to perform better when 70 percent of Americans think he does not have the mental capacity to perform his job.

by Anonymousreply 326July 4, 2024 3:01 PM

Let’s not forget that Joe has undergone two brain surgeries for aneurysms.

by Anonymousreply 327July 4, 2024 3:04 PM

Joe Scarborough should run for president.

by Anonymousreply 328July 4, 2024 8:45 PM

Read up on his past, r328. It would never happen. But it would likely be a fascinating realignment of the Republican Party by truly separating MAGA from moderates. And he would win.

by Anonymousreply 329July 4, 2024 8:48 PM

R320 they call it owning the libs. Every time Trump lies the Democrats go crazy as if they don't know he is a liar. What else is new?

by Anonymousreply 330July 5, 2024 12:19 AM

No, it's that no other Republicans call him out, the MSM is more interested in StUNNED Joey,

I's not owning the Libs, it's owning the media. Oh, and when you own the media, blame Democrats for owning the Media.

by Anonymousreply 331July 5, 2024 4:45 AM

Who will be hosting Friday morning, Chris Matthews?

by Anonymousreply 332July 5, 2024 7:50 AM

Joe's back...pedaling

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2024 10:31 AM

Of course he is, Joe and Mika are partially responsible for Trump in the first place. Being best friends before his election, the had him on their show dozens and dozens of times while Mika keep hammering on about Hillary's emails. No other network, not even Fox gave him that much free AIR time.

by Anonymousreply 334July 5, 2024 10:59 AM

R333, It’s too late.

by Anonymousreply 335July 5, 2024 11:04 AM

The Axios douche is back.

Funny how nobody is in a massive panic that the President who said that women must be punished, is enabling Evangelical Science to kill women. Tell me about a stunned Bidn.

Joe is going on about the "the crazy shit Trump does every day".

Go Joe.

by Anonymousreply 336July 5, 2024 11:25 AM

What confuses me is that you have all of these people who like Biden. They are grateful for his leadership; that he was a great president; blah... blah... blah... BUT, he should step down. Okay...but they don't talk about the ramifications (or solutions) for such an action. In meaning no disrespect to R319, but am I being naive in thinking that such an action is not as easily executed as many of these "step aside, Joe" think?

by Anonymousreply 337July 5, 2024 11:38 AM

James VandeHei/Axios is 100% correct and everyone on this morning’s “Morning Joe” panel knows it.

by Anonymousreply 338July 5, 2024 11:51 AM

Yeah, they all have no spine, so the minute Biden looked weak or flubbed a debate they all "respectfully" threw him under the bus. Now they are all back tracking and saying they never said X Y Z.

by Anonymousreply 339July 5, 2024 11:56 AM

Wow! Biden just got creamed by two guests back to back, with little to no resistance.

by Anonymousreply 340July 5, 2024 12:02 PM

Morning Joe now taking it slow after almost demanding Biden step down in the next 24 hours. All those bed wetters from last Friday now acting a lot different knowing that Kamala is the only one who will get the war chest of money if they replace him and they have to wait until the convention to do it.

by Anonymousreply 341July 5, 2024 12:09 PM

Joe pushed back on the MSM ignoring "the crazy shit Trump does every day".

Scarborough is calling out Trump's crazy shit for what it is. Crazy shit.

James VandeHei/Axios needs to do douche bag vids on TT.

by Anonymousreply 342July 5, 2024 12:10 PM

Oh great, another expert saying Biden is not the best man to beat Trump and true to form, have no name to offer up who would be better. Commentators who say that are such a waist of time.

You know what, Biden was never the "best" man for the job and Trump certainly was not the best man for the job. Like the saying goes, you ride the horse you are given, not the one you wish you had.

by Anonymousreply 343July 5, 2024 12:27 PM

R343, slouching to a second Trump term. We just can’t do anything, can we! An 81 year old man with 38 percent approval is just the best we can do.

by Anonymousreply 344July 5, 2024 12:31 PM

Approval ratings mean nothing. It's votes that count. And no they are not accurate predictors.

by Anonymousreply 345July 5, 2024 12:34 PM

Polls and approval ratings don’t count. A terrible debate doesn’t count. Visible deterioration doesn’t count. Interviews with voters don’t count. Anything that disrupts the cult mentality doesn’t count.

by Anonymousreply 346July 5, 2024 12:38 PM

Actually they dont count, VOTES are all that count. The electoral college does not care about approval ratings, interviews and opinion.

by Anonymousreply 347July 5, 2024 12:43 PM

Yes, they are going to COUNT against us. I can’t believe the blindness to every bit of evidence. Crossing your fingers is such a fantastic strategy!

by Anonymousreply 348July 5, 2024 12:46 PM

r343, I believe that Biden was a great choice for President. He has not once abused the Pardon Power.

How many of Trump's administration are criminals? How many has he pardoned.

Trump is dirty.

Trump himself is a convicted criminal.

I look forward to Biden being reelected and:

Former President, former candidate Trump spending 2025 in court spending RNC money for legal defense costs.

It would be hilarious if he declared his candidacy for 2028 on 1/22/2025.

by Anonymousreply 349July 5, 2024 12:52 PM

Oh, you’re way deep in the cult. It’s possible to support Democrats and not go down the blue rabbit hole. November is going to be hard for you.

by Anonymousreply 350July 5, 2024 12:56 PM

The Brit from “The Economist” speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 351July 5, 2024 1:06 PM

r350, funny how cult members project.

How many times have we seen Trump accuse Democrats of something, and later it turns out to be a Trump admission. Trump admits shit and by the time people figure out that it is something he did, they are already acclimated to his corruption.

Waiting for the Clinton/Trump pedo videos.

Funny how only Trump has been accused. See. accuse and accept.

by Anonymousreply 352July 5, 2024 1:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 5, 2024 1:23 PM

Please stop watching MSNBC. It’s all lies and almost everyone on that network are democratic operatives. It’s not real news, it’s all propaganda. It’s worse than Fox. Somehow MSNBC makes CNN lookout legit….almost.

by Anonymousreply 354July 5, 2024 1:37 PM

[quote] It’s worse than Fox.

A Fox anchor appeared on stage at a Trump rally urging people to vote for Trump, any MSNBC anchor or reporter would be suspended for doing that, Joe Scarborough was suspended for a few days for just giving a political donation to a minor candidate.

Fox News anchors would coordinate their talking points for their shows with the Trump White House.

MSNBC makes no secret that they support Democratic candidates, Fox calls themselves fair and balance, Please get your head out of your ass R354.

by Anonymousreply 355July 5, 2024 2:23 PM

Alex Wagner is the worst.

She loves the drama and sensationalism.

by Anonymousreply 356July 5, 2024 9:13 PM

Please stop posting MSNBC posts on the specific MJ thread.

We see you, r356.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 5, 2024 9:16 PM

Please stop watching Fox News. It’s all lies and almost everyone on that network are Trump operatives.

There, fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 358July 5, 2024 11:42 PM

OH! Someone styled Doris's wig (Doris Kearns-Goodwin) rather nicely this morning!

by Anonymousreply 359July 8, 2024 11:15 AM

Oh and Joe, the criminal Republican Party is going at Joe Hammer and Tong over BULLSHIT,

The Criminal Capitalists who bought the Supreme Court are having the corrupt Supreme Court issue UN-AMERICAN DECISION AFTER UN-AMERICAN DECISION to enslave AMERICAN LABOR. UK Voters got it after having Conservatives wipe their ass with working people through rich getting richer and workers going through AUSTERITY, Austerity is another name for TRICKLE-DOWN ECONOMICS.

Go back and play Nikki Hayley's answer to what caused the Civil War. SHE SAID BUSINESS PRACTICES. GO WATCH IT AGAIN. The Plantation, the Military Industrial Complex (the guys whose planes are falling apart midair) White Supremacist Criminal Capitalists AGREE. It was always about making cheap labor SECOND CLASS CITIZENS.

Joe is running on building up the middle class. Republicans want Project 2025 to replace the Constitution and permanently enslave us. It all begins and ends with fucking up Democrat's votes.

by Anonymousreply 360July 8, 2024 11:28 AM

Up next . . . David Ignatius.

by Anonymousreply 361July 8, 2024 11:41 AM

I did LOVE how MJ gave extended play of President Biden's speech yesterday at the Black church.

by Anonymousreply 362July 8, 2024 11:41 AM

I want to see Jim VandeHei naked.

by Anonymousreply 363July 8, 2024 11:42 AM

That David Ignatious is such a Debbie-Downer!

by Anonymousreply 364July 8, 2024 11:56 AM

Oh... Brit Hume speaks...

Brit Hume @brithume 20h

If there were a championship for getting a story wrong, there would be a ton of competition, but I would not bet against this program.

[Quote]Rich Lowry @RichLowry 20h--Morning Joe’s Dishonorable Attacks on the Biden's Truth-Tellers Truthhttps()://nationalreview(dot)com/2024/07/morning-joes-dishonorable-attacks-on-the-biden-truth-tellers/

by Anonymousreply 365July 8, 2024 12:16 PM

I give Joe Scarborough credit. He admits (and on a few occasions) that he called for President Biden to step down and the backlash that he received for doing that. In his own way he admits that he "pulled the trigger" too soon.

by Anonymousreply 366July 8, 2024 12:36 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 8, 2024 12:57 PM

I know that this is the MJ thread, but the linked tweet will cinch this for President Biden! Now, if more media show this....

OH! I need tissue! I can't stop my tears....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368July 8, 2024 1:24 PM

SMART MOVE!!!!

President Joe Biden calls into Morning Joe!!!

by Anonymousreply 369July 8, 2024 1:37 PM

That’s nice, R368. Love that. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 370July 8, 2024 2:01 PM

. . .

by Anonymousreply 371July 8, 2024 2:38 PM

R369

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372July 8, 2024 2:39 PM

So, Mika offered, and let the President know that he is welcome to do this (interviews) more often. GOOD!

President Biden should call in every two days and make MSNBC give him the FREE press/ publicity time that they gave to Trump!

by Anonymousreply 373July 8, 2024 4:19 PM

R373, He needs to be seen and heard unscripted, not on a telephone call.

by Anonymousreply 374July 8, 2024 4:43 PM

DJT is on “Hannity” this evening.

by Anonymousreply 375July 8, 2024 4:46 PM

Michael Steele just read the media for filth on Chris Jansing's show, saying how ridiculous the whole Biden should step down thing is. It was glorious and the others sat there looking like they smelled a turd (Except that fat frat boy Jake Sherman who was smirking).

Sorry, not Morning Joe related but MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 376July 8, 2024 5:19 PM

This Biden or Bust mentality is undercutting Democrats’ credibility. “Don’t believe what you see” and “look over there” are not great campaign messages. We’re meant to believe that an 82 year old getting inaugurated makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 377July 8, 2024 5:25 PM

[quote]We’re meant to believe that an 82 year old getting inaugurated makes perfect sense.

Trump makes perfect sense, r377? This isn't about *perfect" sense.

by Anonymousreply 378July 8, 2024 5:28 PM

Trump is 78. Just a reminder for trollina at R377.

by Anonymousreply 379July 8, 2024 5:32 PM

R376, Michael Steele was throwing multiple hissy fits on “The Weekend” both Saturday and Sunday over the media concentrating on Biden.

Symone was even mocking him repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 380July 8, 2024 5:37 PM

R378 and r379: “Look over there.” Right on cue.

by Anonymousreply 381July 8, 2024 6:00 PM

Your *only* post, r354?

by Anonymousreply 382July 8, 2024 6:08 PM

[quote][R378] and [R379]: “Look over there.” Right on cue.

LoL, r381, it isn't "look over there", it's these are the two choices...pick one. Compare them *equally*.

by Anonymousreply 383July 8, 2024 6:13 PM

Except it’s not about Biden versus Trump. It’s about Biden versus a stronger Democratic candidate who can beat Trump,

by Anonymousreply 384July 8, 2024 6:21 PM

[quote] We’re meant to believe that an insane 78 year old fascist and convicted felon getting inaugurated makes perfect sense.

FIFY R377!

by Anonymousreply 385July 8, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote]Except it’s not about Biden versus Trump. It’s about Biden versus a stronger Democratic candidate who can beat Trump,

Except, r384, there isn't one.

It's Joe vs Trump

by Anonymousreply 386July 8, 2024 6:27 PM

And just WHO is that Democratic candidate, r384?

Stop holding out on us.

by Anonymousreply 387July 8, 2024 6:27 PM

Oh, there’s just no one! We couldn’t possibly change the nominee before the convention. Better to beat Medicare and just lose.

by Anonymousreply 388July 8, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote]Except it’s not about Biden versus Trump. It’s about Biden versus a stronger Democratic candidate who can beat Trump,

And who would that stronger Democrat be? Oh right NO ONE. Just hopes, and prayers, sips and snails and puppy dog tails. Plus a Unicorn. Talk about "look over there" how about pull your head out of the sand and deal with known facts not wishful thinking. Factually speaking, I can point to a winner, the ONLY one who has PROVEN he can beat Donald Trump.

You cant show may anything other than unicorn dreams, heck you cant even find a Republican who could beat him. Prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 389July 8, 2024 9:13 PM

R384, sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 390July 8, 2024 11:51 PM

In the meantime, no one has mentioned a better, stronger candidate than Joe.

by Anonymousreply 391July 9, 2024 12:15 AM

Funny that, r391.

by Anonymousreply 392July 9, 2024 12:16 AM

They have, R391. Pretty much any Democrat who can speak 2 coherent sentences.

by Anonymousreply 393July 9, 2024 12:18 AM

Who, r393? Name a name.

by Anonymousreply 394July 9, 2024 12:19 AM

R393 is pretty much a lazy troll if he thinks any Democrat can beat Trump but cant name names.

by Anonymousreply 395July 9, 2024 12:21 AM

The only other post of r393's that shows up for me is:

Meathead joins the chorus of Joe's Gotta Go

[quote]They are worried *he can't win.*. It's called RUNNING for president, not shuffling.

by Anonymousreply 396July 9, 2024 12:23 AM

Gretchen Whitmer, Josh Shapiro, hell, even Kamala Harris could take the fight to Trump better than Biden. Politics is about winning not loyalty. Any younger Dem is going to make Trump look old and crazy. Biden cannot provide that contrast and certainly can't articulate it.

by Anonymousreply 397July 9, 2024 12:33 AM

The Republicans want to run this to a dead heat so that if Joe wins a swing state, the Republicans in those Legislatures can fuck up their Election Certification and actually prefuck the 1/6 count in January 2025. This time Joe is President though. There isn't going to be an insurrection rally.

by Anonymousreply 398July 9, 2024 12:40 AM

Where’s Willie???

by Anonymousreply 399July 9, 2024 10:35 AM

And now Haas has taken the NYT position that Biden needs to step down for the good of the Party, and then went on to megaphone the anti NATO position that NATO is paying enough for its own security.

Shit can this guy, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 400July 9, 2024 10:50 AM

It could be his own realization, or Joe Scarborough REALLY got his butt spanked for his "day after the debate" commentary because he has severely pulled back and comes across as reasonable and objective with his comments now.

I noticed how Mika was looking at him this morning with a "Nancy Reagan" gaze. Maybe she relented and gave him some last night after his begging and pleading to do much better.

by Anonymousreply 401July 9, 2024 12:11 PM

r399, probably on vacation. He has to negotiate NBC and MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 402July 9, 2024 5:14 PM

Morning Joe needs to call out the NYT MORE AGGRESSIVELY than they have so far. They came out with ANOTHER call for Biden to step down. We all heard the NYT the first time, we read it, we discussed it. At this point NYT is DRIVING THE NEW. Joe should do a deep dive on this. NYT's excuses that one time a few nights ago does not cut it. Mika asking why they have not asked for a convicted felon to drop out has fallen on NYT deaf ears. Come guys, it's time to keep the media honest. They are making a ton of money off this, it sells papers. But NYT it's truing into yellow journalism.

by Anonymousreply 403July 9, 2024 11:49 PM

NYT will say they published articles about Dump in the past, but that's nothing to do with the 90 minues of lies during the debate. The past is the past, that's their excuse when anyone points out how successful Biden has been, so why shouldn't the NYT also be held to their own standard? Where is the NYT call for Trump to step down as a convicted felon lying on stage on national TV?

by Anonymousreply 404July 10, 2024 12:07 AM

PETER BAKER is a QUACK.

by Anonymousreply 405July 10, 2024 12:25 AM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406July 10, 2024 12:28 AM

OH, MY GOD! Somebody knows something because the R406 is desperation!!! I'll tell you why I don't believe it; Number one; IT'S THE NEW YORK POST! That alone disqualifies the story. Then...

[quote]Stephanopoulos, 63, was recorded by TMZ answering a question from a passer-by in midtown Manhattan about Biden’s political future.

Let's hear the recording TMZ!

[quote]“Earlier today I responded to a question from a passerby. I shouldn’t have,” the news anchor told Puck News in a statement

Mistakes can happen but I find it very hard for George S to slip up like this.

This reminds me of the story that the NY Post ran by Richard Johnson letting the world know that Michelle Obama had a lobster lunch at the Ritz Carlton that ended up with a $400 bill.

The story was a complete fabrication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407July 10, 2024 1:40 AM

More media elite telling us what to do.

by Anonymousreply 408July 10, 2024 2:51 AM

You really are an idiot, R407.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409July 10, 2024 5:34 AM

R407

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 10, 2024 5:36 AM

R407

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411July 10, 2024 5:39 AM

R409, we are in the age of AI. I would think that even you at this point might be looking at this report with a touch a skepticism. Were this 100% accurate, you and I both know that this story would have been all over Twitter. It is not. The only person that I saw tweet this story was Brian Stelter who is trying to get a permanent gig someplace... anywhere. Then I googled George Stephanopoulous (however you spell it) and yep there is some (and it's scant) reporting but with some reporting a reader can feel the trepidation even in the headline.

So (and I'll give you this) many news outlets are still vetting this report. Or they have concluded that it is false and will not run it.

by Anonymousreply 412July 10, 2024 12:38 PM

R412, George Stephanopoulos has admitted to saying what he said and has offered an apology, in addition to ABC issuing a statement that George was expressing his own opinion and not speaking for ABC.

You’re either ignorant or you suffer from sort type of mental impairment.

We pity you.

by Anonymousreply 413July 10, 2024 12:44 PM

What is happening over there at The Atlantic? Are editors over there forcing its writers to write a negative piece? What's up with Zeke Emanuel this morning? "Biden can't do the job but I love him and will vote for him". ????

by Anonymousreply 414July 10, 2024 12:46 PM

Again R413... Twitter is OWNED by the Conservative machinery and propagandists. Although I admit that my universe isn't scientific and therefore not large, I'm not seeing this report.

by Anonymousreply 415July 10, 2024 12:50 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416July 10, 2024 12:50 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417July 10, 2024 12:51 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418July 10, 2024 12:52 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419July 10, 2024 12:53 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 10, 2024 12:54 PM

R412

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421July 10, 2024 12:56 PM

(yawn) Don't do this whoever you are. I've seen them . I have read them . I maintain the reporting is still scant on this story. It's not all over twitter nor even trending at this time

by Anonymousreply 422July 10, 2024 12:57 PM

R422

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423July 10, 2024 1:21 PM

Mmph... Mika definitely ate her Wheaties this morning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 10, 2024 1:34 PM

NYT: epresentative Nancy Pelosi of California, the former House speaker and a longtime Biden ally, made the strongest public push yet for the president to reconsider his re-election bid, suggesting on Wednesday that “time is running short” for him to make a decision.

Speaking on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Ms. Pelosi, 84, said that she would back Mr. Biden “whatever he decides.” But she said she wanted to restart conversations about Mr. Biden’s political future after the NATO summit he is hosting this week in Washington, which on Thursday will include the president’s first news conference since his disastrous debate performance against former President Donald J. Trump.

by Anonymousreply 425July 10, 2024 2:27 PM

Pelosi's statement is telling because according to Biden, he has made a decision.

by Anonymousreply 426July 10, 2024 2:32 PM

George Clooney abandons Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427July 10, 2024 3:19 PM

I don't really care who it is on the Democratic Ticket because I will never vote for any Republican for anything but Democrats need to come together and make a final decision and then every one get behind it, because this is turning into a clusterfuck that will elect Trump.

by Anonymousreply 428July 10, 2024 3:22 PM

Re R425 - why is Biden referred to as "Mr." but Trump is referred to as "former President"?

by Anonymousreply 429July 10, 2024 3:24 PM

I absolutely agree, R428. Either these people know more and then should come out and inform the public, or just shut up. I've become very tired of "I think the President should step aside but I love him..."

by Anonymousreply 430July 10, 2024 3:30 PM

The dilemma is that Joe says he's made a final decision but a number of influential Democrats believe that decision will lead to Republican control of the House, Senate and Presidency in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 431July 10, 2024 3:34 PM

I don't understand that R431. But then, I don't understand how that Boebert woman got re-elected...

If one is presenting the issues... talking about Project 2025; women's healthcare; these crazy laws Republicans have passed and/or tried to pass, etc, I just can't envision how they would lose the House and/or the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 432July 10, 2024 3:51 PM

Pam Keith, Esq. @PamKeithFL 1h

There is a well funded agenda behind moving Biden out, not because they fear he will lose, but because they know he will WIN.

So who has the most to lose if he does? Follow that MONEY.

This is not organic. Something dark is afoot.

by Anonymousreply 433July 10, 2024 3:54 PM

At least if Joe runs and loses to Trump, he won’t have to endure years of blame and analysis, given his advanced age.

Nixon was only 61 when he left office in 1974 and for the next 20 years had to deal with historians analyzing his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 434July 10, 2024 3:55 PM

What a relief for Joe to avoid the consequences of his decisions. Meanwhile, the rest of us won’t be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 435July 10, 2024 4:15 PM

Looks like Mika's smugness was premature. If Biden does end up dropping out, her hysterical ranting will be something.

by Anonymousreply 436July 10, 2024 7:32 PM

I was half expecting Mika to physically attack Nancy after her dodging the should Joe remain in the race question.

by Anonymousreply 437July 10, 2024 8:23 PM

Mika's shrillness is hilarious, considering she truly is a moron. So much goes over her head. Any time someone mentions her father, that curl of a smile pride, is proof she's just a sop. I truly wonder what Willie, Jonathan and Heileman think of her.

by Anonymousreply 438July 10, 2024 9:25 PM

R438, They think of her as the boss’s wife, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 439July 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Nancy spent all my goodwill when she endorsed Adam Schiff over Katie Porter for CA Senator.

by Anonymousreply 440July 10, 2024 9:53 PM

[quote]Nancy spent all my goodwill when she endorsed Adam Schiff over Katie Porter for CA Senator.

This is something that I wished they could have worked out in some fashion. I think that the loss of Katie Porter is a very BIG loss!!! While I like Adam Schiff too, I just feel that he is more corruptible, I mean ... in the sense that he can be bought by corporate America. The other candidate (the Black woman whose name escapes me right at the moment) I was done with and never gave her a chance because she and Cory Booker did not work hard enough (IMHO) for police reform!. I never paid her candidacy and attention because of that and that's probably why I can't even remember her name.

by Anonymousreply 441July 10, 2024 10:13 PM

[quote]in the sense that he can be bought by

AIPAC?

Also, Katie wrote the book on college accounting and business practices. We needed another Elizabeth Warren in the Senate than, I hate to be so blunt, another Jewish attorney. I have respect for Jaime Raskin who did not challenge his Black female opponent for those and other reasons. Jaime is a mensch. Adam is coming off a bit smug these days. But I'm glad they are where they are.

by Anonymousreply 442July 10, 2024 10:20 PM

[quote] I hate to be so blunt, another Jewish attorney.

That was uncalled for, R442

[quote]AIPAC

Could be, or any other corporate concern. Now, I don't feel that he would be anywhere near like a Bob Menendez but definitely on the level of a Nancy Pelosi (and her lioness efforts to protect stock trading among her colleagues)

by Anonymousreply 443July 10, 2024 10:33 PM

Unbelievable...

Okay... I accept it. It's me.

[quote]Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski 22h--President of Log Cabin (LBGT) Republicans explains why they are supporting Trump: “He has a track record, as a businessman, philanthropist & politician of actually fighting for equality & inclusion, something that resonates with LBGT voters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444July 10, 2024 10:46 PM

FYI;

rolandsmartin @rolandsmartin 4h

It is abundantly clear that @SpeakerPelosi went on @Morning_Joe this morning to purposely fan the Biden-must-drop-out flames. No effort to walk back now will work. She should have just come out and said it. This is a high-level, coordinated effort to remove him. NO DOUBT.

by Anonymousreply 445July 10, 2024 10:54 PM

R444, Melania hosted a Log Cabin fundraiser at Trump Tower a few nights ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 10, 2024 10:59 PM

Are Melania’s knees and back still sore?

by Anonymousreply 447July 11, 2024 1:09 AM

Mika loves Biden because Mommy and Daddy were friends with the Bidens for 50 years (as she reminds viewers constantly). It doesn't get much deeper than that in her mind. If I remember correctly, she never really liked Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 448July 11, 2024 1:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449July 11, 2024 1:27 AM

[quote]Mika loves Biden because Mommy and Daddy were friends with the Bidens

And her husband Joe was friends with Trump for just as long. Morning Joe gave Trump hundreds of hours of free air time during his first campaign before the two had a falling out. Biden or Hilltz for that matter never got anything close to that from anyone like them. Morning Joe is part of the reason we have Trump.

by Anonymousreply 450July 11, 2024 1:45 AM

Nancy Pelosi looks like she climbed out of bed late and rushed to Morning Joe with little to no make-up, later in the day in the halls of Congress she was properly made up as you normally see her.

by Anonymousreply 451July 11, 2024 2:11 AM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi looks like she climbed out of bed late and rushed to Morning Joe with little to no make-up,

Yeah. What was that about? Was she still upset that the House passed a ban on Members trading stock?

by Anonymousreply 452July 11, 2024 2:23 AM

R452, Nancy’s glam squad slept in.

by Anonymousreply 453July 11, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi looks like she climbed out of bed late and rushed to Morning Joe with little to no make-up

I thought she still looked good.

by Anonymousreply 454July 11, 2024 3:49 AM

R454, As previously mentioned, one bra strap was showing.

by Anonymousreply 455July 11, 2024 4:00 AM

R455, The right one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 11, 2024 4:02 AM

A touch of louche never hurts, r455.

by Anonymousreply 457July 11, 2024 4:03 AM

Actually, I think she looks better without the bright red lipstick. Older woman have tendency to get more harsh and severe with their makeup as they age. Literally painting on their expressions.

by Anonymousreply 458July 11, 2024 4:19 AM

She looks fabulous for 84.

by Anonymousreply 459July 11, 2024 4:22 AM

Nancy Pelosi's Bra Strap is the name of my punk band.

by Anonymousreply 460July 11, 2024 5:25 AM

Mika’s body language is telling this morning. As Joe was saying that more Democratic politicians are calling on President Biden to step down, Mika had her arms crossed tightly.

by Anonymousreply 461July 11, 2024 10:18 AM

That was some opening Joey S did this morning.

by Anonymousreply 462July 11, 2024 10:20 AM

This is way over my head. Since when has the House and Senate been up for grabs? IMHO, something is VERY wrong that Democrats could not make a case against Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 463July 11, 2024 10:29 AM

That's the new line Biden must step down whiners are using to try and convince people why he should step down. George Clooney used it just recently. As if he had any insight to how the House and Senate is really going to play out. I would bet he's been fed that line from some pissy mega donors.

by Anonymousreply 464July 11, 2024 10:46 AM

Joe is the first president running against a CRIMINAL Republican candidate, a corrupt Republican Party not held accountable for their Sedition, a corrupt Supreme Court, AND a right-wing corporate media who is able to pay a$787M fine for lying to the American people, that CONTINUES to lie to the American People.

Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 465July 11, 2024 10:49 AM

Yes, Dems need to shut the F up, get on the bus and sit the F down. I Ride with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 466July 11, 2024 10:52 AM

The Senate was always going to be a challenge this cycle, given the seats that are up for grabs. The House was considered much safer for Democrats ... until the last couple of weeks, at least. Whether that's a reflection of polls or just pundits making suppositions, I don't know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467July 11, 2024 10:52 AM

MMPH! MY LORD!!! Mika just orgasmed while Chairman Jaimie Harrison was speaking!

by Anonymousreply 468July 11, 2024 10:55 AM

r467, the Senate, will be a challenge until the pendulum swings and Democrats can pass Amendments in Congress and send them to the states. That is this election and 2028. But if Trump shit cans the Constitution in 2024 there will be no 2028 election.

by Anonymousreply 469July 11, 2024 10:58 AM

" A staggering 24 hours that cracked the political foundation of Joe Biden’s reelection bid leave him facing the most high-pressure presidential news conference in modern history on Thursday.

The stakes for Biden’s solo appearance at the conclusion of the NATO summit multiplied by the hour as his political position unraveled at a dignity-sapping rate. Supporters from Congress to Hollywood warned that he needed to step aside for the sake of party and country, and former Speaker Nancy Pelosi sent a clear signal that a recalcitrant president should rethink his options.

The rebellion, joined by just a small minority of congressional Democrats but appearing to run deeper, reflects the fear now surging through Capitol Hill that ex-President Donald Trump could conjure a GOP landslide that sweeps conservatives to a monopoly on power in Congress, the White House and the Supreme Court."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470July 11, 2024 11:01 AM

Joe is the first president running against a CRIMINAL Republican candidate, a corrupt Republican Party not held accountable for their Sedition, a corrupt Supreme Court, AND a right-wing corporate media who is able to pay a$787M fine for lying to the American people, that CONTINUES to lie to the American People.

Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 471July 11, 2024 11:03 AM

Mika and Joe are insinuating that Obama influenced Clooney to pen that Op-Ed.

They know something. They don't have the balls to just come out and say it.

by Anonymousreply 472July 11, 2024 11:22 AM

R468, An intern had to wipe down Mika’s chair during the commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 473July 11, 2024 11:25 AM

[quote]Mika and Joe are insinuating that Obama influenced Clooney to pen that Op-Ed. They know something. They don't have the balls to just come out and say it.

Somebody knows something. I'll say this.. while I think something like that is unlikely, I'm not saying that it couldn't be likely. Obama is an egotist and very "high-up" on himself. I couldn't rule out him pulling shenanigans that would only enhance himself and legacy. As has been noted over, and over, and over, again, (as they just try to throw away Biden as used tissue) there has been historical legislation passed under President Biden and I wouldn't be surprised if Obama was a little jealous.

by Anonymousreply 474July 11, 2024 12:28 PM

So now the theory from the BidenDeadEnders is that Obama wants Biden out because of....jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 475July 11, 2024 12:34 PM

Mika’s hair today looks like it has given up and is on life support.

by Anonymousreply 476July 11, 2024 12:39 PM

She has no desire and has declined repeatedly, but God it would be amazing to see Michelle run against Trump. The entire country would be covered with exploded MAGA heads.

by Anonymousreply 477July 11, 2024 12:42 PM

Barack and Michelle already have the rich, jet setting life they always wanted. That was the goal. She has no interest in sacrificing that for public service.

For Jill Biden, the White House is an upgrade, the key to a life her and Joe can’t afford on their own. For Michelle, it’s a prison sentence. She’s not going back in.

by Anonymousreply 478July 11, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote]For Jill Biden, the White House is an upgrade, the key to a life her and Joe can’t afford on their own.

I thought Jill was an international crimelord who's amassed billions for the Biden family?

It's hard to keep the feverish delusions ricocheting across the MAGAsphere straight.

by Anonymousreply 479July 11, 2024 1:37 PM

This afternoon’s Biden solo press conference has now been moved from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM.

by Anonymousreply 480July 11, 2024 2:03 PM

[quote]the key to a life her and Joe can’t afford on their own.

Oh fucking dear, r478.

by Anonymousreply 481July 11, 2024 3:15 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482July 11, 2024 4:25 PM

Fuck George Clooney

by Anonymousreply 483July 12, 2024 1:55 AM

483 He has a slimy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 484July 12, 2024 2:05 AM

Can't wait for Joe to call in on Joe.

by Anonymousreply 485July 12, 2024 5:06 AM

How over the top will Mika and Joe’s assessments of Biden’s performance last evening be?

by Anonymousreply 486July 12, 2024 9:05 AM

How is La Lemire doing acting the words on the teleprompter today?

by Anonymousreply 487July 12, 2024 9:07 AM

No Joe and Mika the morning after?

by Anonymousreply 488July 12, 2024 10:02 AM

Joe & Mika letdown.

by Anonymousreply 489July 12, 2024 10:09 AM

Joe and Mika are with Obama, Clonney, the Clintons, Nance and Schumer talking Joe from running this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 490July 12, 2024 10:17 AM

Lazy Democrats want an easy win over Trump but are finding themselves running against their successful president.

They are going out of their way, running a game show race.

They will lose at game show antics, Chris Christie is NOT a pig, Sir.

They need to run as serious politicians, who can govern, and not the Trump game show clown car.

by Anonymousreply 491July 12, 2024 10:33 AM

[quote]Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

Hey numb nut, he's not doing this alone, I am his VP, remember me? -Kamala

by Anonymousreply 492July 12, 2024 10:43 AM

[quote]Joe and Mika are with Obama, Clonney, the Clintons, Nance and Schumer talking Joe from running this weekend.

So we are back to caring what media elites think after watching them get their panties in a wad about being called media elites? Well that didn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 493July 12, 2024 10:46 AM

That Richard Hass guy, the one that now goes as economic poo bah emeritus ever since Nancy Pelosi retired and Republicans needed to use the word on THEIR side, is on again today.

Is he going to mention all the Nobel Laureates in Economics who support his economic handling of the economy? Is he? Nope. He is going to do a Republican hatchet job on Joe because Joe supports labor and unions and a strong middle class and Dick supports quarterly profits. Joe is going to call Haas out on Monday when Ratner shows up with his charts and calls BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 494July 12, 2024 10:52 AM

Richard Hass had such a puss expression on his face today. Especially since Biden did on the actual details of foreign policy while being grilled by the press. You could see he really wanted him to fail.

by Anonymousreply 495July 12, 2024 11:05 AM

If only Morning Joe had the balls like this guy to ask question like this and not let them off the hook after one or two weak attempts to call them out and then give up and let them ramble on with a canned response. This guy is a straight shooter, wish the rest of the media was like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 12, 2024 11:43 AM

r496, hahahahahahaha. And who asks Trump these questions, silly wabbit?

by Anonymousreply 497July 12, 2024 11:56 AM

Third hour repeat coming up, heading to ATK on PlutoTV for cast iron cooking tips for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 498July 12, 2024 12:00 PM

Of course, Boebert still won her election after the grilling she got from that moderator.

by Anonymousreply 499July 12, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]Lazy Democrats want an easy win over Trump but are finding themselves running against their successful president.

Now, I agree with this comment. Democrats (IMHO) don't want to put in the hard work. They believe that current events are enough to convince voters. If this is a "all hands-on deck" moment, then it is far past time to get all hands-on deck! It's time to get out on the streets!

I tell ya... this Richard Haas... (who is 72 btw)

by Anonymousreply 500July 12, 2024 12:11 PM

I wonder if Joe is going remote from Milwaukee, on Monday?

He knows Donald, SIR!, watches him.

by Anonymousreply 501July 13, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote]I wonder if Joe is going remote from Milwaukee, on Monday?

What's interesting to me is that he has been tweeting "pro-Biden" ever since that press conference.

Something happened over there at MSNBC. The backlash must have been HUGE!!!

by Anonymousreply 502July 13, 2024 1:55 PM

Alex Wagner must have received a...[the last time I referenced a physical act, I was put on sit out. As much as Trump may have a P****able face, ya can't say it] ...K**k in the cunt from Rashida. It is obvious she has had a talking to, and is not happy that she cannot attack Biden unbridled.

by Anonymousreply 503July 13, 2024 2:08 PM

MSNBC Ratings are down!

They finally had a juicy story and got kicked in the ass.

Be a Joy & Lawrence, not a Chris/Alex.

by Anonymousreply 504July 13, 2024 9:37 PM

For the love of God, can Joe not go into a predictable "violence is wrong" trope without highlighting, comparing the hate, disrespect, jokes made about Nancy Pelosi's husband a year ago? Didn't Trump himself make a joke about hammers?

by Anonymousreply 505July 14, 2024 12:31 AM

Did Joe & Mika make a statement?

by Anonymousreply 506July 14, 2024 8:08 AM

FYI Former President:

“Political violence has scarred America’s landscape from JFK through January 6th. Republican and Democratic politicians alike have been victims and this violence has caused incalculable harm to America. Thank God President Trump is safe.”

by Anonymousreply 507July 14, 2024 8:14 AM

If Mika fakes sympathy for Trump I think I will vomit. After all the shit he's done to American and to them personally, the most I want to hear is that no one should use violence. That's it. And maybe it's time for those who laughed and made fun of Paul Pelosi to also reconsider their actions and apologize.

by Anonymousreply 508July 14, 2024 9:39 AM

Mika will no doubt be all over the place on Monday. She wil gaze at Joe, and move her copy, write on it with a large marker, and try to draw attention to herself at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 509July 14, 2024 10:20 AM

[quote]She wil gaze at Joe, and move her copy, write on it with a large marker, and try to draw attention to herself at every turn.

And she'll sigh. There will be lots and lots of sighing.

by Anonymousreply 510July 14, 2024 10:26 AM

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC 9h

Political violence has scarred America’s landscape from JFK through January 6th. Republican and Democratic politicians alike have been victims and this violence has caused incalculable harm to America. Thank God President Trump is safe.

by Anonymousreply 511July 14, 2024 10:36 AM

They are going to bend down so far to praise Trump today, you just know it. Goodbye America

by Anonymousreply 512July 14, 2024 11:17 AM

Speaker Johnson on right now special edition playing the "both sides" game. 💩

Dammit Willy, call him out on that. Both sides are not the same. Ask him about Paul Pelosi, where was his call for "both sides" to not engage in that?

by Anonymousreply 513July 14, 2024 11:42 AM

Johnson also throwing out the talking point already, "I am not saying that Biden meant it that way, but he did say TARGET on Trump 4 days ago"

Such a fucker. He got that from Trump. "I am not saying Chris Christy is fat....But"

by Anonymousreply 514July 14, 2024 11:44 AM

I saw that, too, r513.

What a smooth operator Johnson is. He managed to condemn violence and rhetoric, and accuse Dems, with the same words.

by Anonymousreply 515July 14, 2024 11:44 AM

I wish one of those two would have called him out on that. Geez, they are supposed to be reporters not nurses to hurt feelings. He was clearly playing politics right there in front of them.

by Anonymousreply 516July 14, 2024 11:46 AM

[quote]Speaker Johnson on right now special edition playing the "both sides" game. 💩

Agreed. I've been viewing about an hour of this and it is annoying how the "news" anchors are aggressively taking great "whatever" to do the "both sides" game.

by Anonymousreply 517July 14, 2024 11:46 AM

For the love of God, would someone PLEASE call out the fact that Trump was screaming FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT with his fist raised while all you news people play Kumbaya with both sides? Last time I checked, fight, fight, fight was not a call for peace.

Morning Joe wants to be totally honest and blunt with Biden's debate and "mental ability", but when it comes to Trump, lets just pretend those ACTUAL FIGHTING WORDS came out of the Trumps mouth didn't mean anything to his supporters. Jan 6th ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 518July 14, 2024 11:54 AM

Since the "news" people aren't giving them credit, let's take a moment to applaud the many Democrats who have come out to condemn the shooting and violence. Quite a contrast to the many Republicans that made fun of and vile comments about Nancy Pelosi's husband's violent attack.

by Anonymousreply 519July 14, 2024 11:59 AM

Joe Scarborough @JoeNBC 48s

Our family is praying this morning for President Trump, those injured yesterday, and for the loved ones of the American tragically killed. May God grant mercy on them and deliver us from the violent political rhetoric that coursens debate and endangers public servants.

by Anonymousreply 520July 14, 2024 12:19 PM

^^That's so religiousy, was that Mika who wrote that?

by Anonymousreply 521July 14, 2024 12:25 PM

[quote]^^That's so religiousy, was that Mika who wrote that?

I suppose Joe wrote it since it is from his account. I don't know what on at MSNBC, but my feeling is that all of these "news" personalities were ripped to shreds after their reporting of the Biden/Trump debate. Scarborough has been walking very cautiously ever since, IMHO.

Anyone else think it odd that there has been no mention of the first Trump "alleged assassination attempt" that the Trump campaign tried to push?

by Anonymousreply 522July 14, 2024 12:40 PM

That is why Mike Johnson and the like never go on shows like Joy Reid or Lawrence O’Donnell, because they would be effectively called out on their both sides bullshit. MJ, Ari and the like are too weak when it comes to holding their feet to the fire, and CNN might as well be Fox lite at this point.

by Anonymousreply 523July 14, 2024 1:05 PM

YES, R523!!! YES! YES! YES!!!

by Anonymousreply 524July 14, 2024 1:08 PM

Interesting how Donald voices his unbridled support and protection of the NRA in the same week someone attempts to kill him by semiautomatic rifle.

One parent of the thousands of murdered children by the same weapons might have found Donald a threat.

A 20-year-old Republican?

by Anonymousreply 525July 14, 2024 1:10 PM

I think it is hilarious that the spin on THE REAL PRESIDENT is that he has turned into a stochastic terrorist!

Trump put that target on himself.

But it is still hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 526July 14, 2024 1:36 PM

Savannah G. is a PUSSY teleprompter reader.

Scared to lose ACCESS.

by Anonymousreply 527July 14, 2024 2:28 PM

Interesting...

[quote]ThePersistence @ScottPresler 7h--I am calling upon every gun store owner in America to begin providing voter registration forms at their stores & to make sure that every customer/employee is registered to vote.

What this signal to me is that there is a BIG worry on the right about turnout. IMHO, this is (Trump shooting) an opportunity for President Biden to take control of this issue and start talking about gun control, violence, etc. What better way to discuss this than calling into "Morning Joe" every now and then?

by Anonymousreply 528July 14, 2024 11:36 PM

NOOOO, We could have gone back today:

Tune in to @msnbc tomorrow morning for continued coverage of the attempted assassination of former President Trump.

Regularly scheduled @Morning_Joe will return on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 529July 15, 2024 1:02 AM

Mika is having her pussy waxed tomorrow. Joe likes a shaven maven.

by Anonymousreply 530July 15, 2024 3:35 AM

[bold]Is Morning Joe going to repeat the same mistake of saying the shooter donated 15 dollars to a democratic organization while in high school? Apparently it’s a case of mistaken identity. There is a 60 something year old man with the same name who made that donation. Yet media is running with the both sides game.

by Anonymousreply 531July 15, 2024 9:00 AM

MJ is cancelled this morning because they were afraid the hosts might say something damaging to ratings and/or credibility

. A person familiar with the matter told CNN that the decision was made to avoid a scenario in which one of the show’s stable of two dozen-plus guests might make an inappropriate comment on live television that could be used to assail the program and network as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 532July 15, 2024 9:50 AM

Well, that makes a bit of sense to me, R532. The right-wing went into immediate propaganda mode after the shooting and that includes Speaker Johnson. I HATE this "both sides" efforts that these media personalities try to portray. It isn't both sides. It's ONE side and they know it but are afraid to call it out for what it is. The tweet below says it best, IMHO;

[quote]Michael Harriot @michaelharriot--We gotta stop telling “both sides” to tone down the political rhetoric. Trump wasn’t attacked by a transgender member of MS-13 who snuck in w/the Mexican caravan to be radicalized by Black Lives Matter while majoring in CRT at Antifa University. It was just another random, Dollar Store white boy with an unregistered, easily purchased semi-automatic light rifle BECAUSE IT ALWAYS IS

by Anonymousreply 533July 15, 2024 11:31 AM

Will they let Rachel, Joy, Chris and Lawrence do their shows tonight?

by Anonymousreply 534July 15, 2024 11:56 AM

I hope Joy straightens out the $15 donation thing they got wrong. Or at least point out that was when he was much younger in high school. His radicalization to Republican happened when he got old enough to vote and register as a Republican.

I read his mother was a Democrat and father was a Libertarian. So his choice to register as a Republican was not just a family tradition from his parents, it's something he thought through and acted upon.

by Anonymousreply 535July 15, 2024 12:04 PM

[quote]I read his mother was a Democrat and father was a Libertarian. So his choice to register as a Republican was not just a family tradition from his parents, it's something he thought through and acted upon.

I'm sure many will not like this posting but for the very first time in any of these incidents I feel sorry for the shooter. I don't know why. Maybe it's his age (20 years old); or that he was bullied; or maybe it's the image of him with braces; or all of it. I really don't know. I just have a sadness towards him.

by Anonymousreply 536July 15, 2024 12:10 PM

Maybe because I was educated in a big city but I don't remember bullying being a major problem. There were the cool kids and the others in middle school but the school was very big. The others could hide out or find a few others to hang with. I only remember one girl in my high school who was truly ostracized. She had huge tits and I guess was a big slut. Everyone else just blended in or found their niche. This was a school with thousands of students.

But in these small or suburban towns, bullying seems to be intense.

by Anonymousreply 537July 15, 2024 1:16 PM

While I was not educated in a big city but a suburban area of a large city, I had the same type of experiences that you had, R537. Maybe I was too much into myself or "whatever" that I never noticed any type of bullying. However, I don't recall anyone in my class or high school for that matter, who was bullied so badly that they were driven to mass murder. Again, I have no idea of why I'm feeling this way (and it really is the first time--maybe it's my age), but I do have a sense of sadness for this kid (well... he is an adult) who has lost his life at such a young age. My sense is that he never really did anything in life, traveled, or just live. Very sad... to me.

Oh, well...

by Anonymousreply 538July 15, 2024 1:37 PM

I'm checking in with Nic at 4pm. She does recap and anticipates Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 539July 15, 2024 2:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540July 15, 2024 3:58 PM

Is this the first crack in the wall with the end of Morning Joe? All these shows end eventually. I wonder if this is the network's attempt to take it down. Or Mika and Joe's exit plan before Trump sneaks into office and start lawsuits to take them down or put them in jail.

by Anonymousreply 541July 15, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote]Is this the first crack in the wall with the end of Morning Joe?

I don't think so. But again... there must have been a helluva backlash against MSNBC over its debate coverage. I mean it had to be ferocious! I read that since that coverage the ratings are significantly down.

by Anonymousreply 542July 15, 2024 8:16 PM

Well, the ratings for CNN were also significantly down so, maybe that's meaningless other that it looked like Morning Joe jump on the Biden Must Step Down media bites way too soon. Other than Mika, it was definitely a team effort. They came off looking like the "political elites" they make comments about.

by Anonymousreply 543July 15, 2024 8:46 PM

No, it came across as realism. Now they are back to pretending that Biden should stay, convincing only the most partisan.

by Anonymousreply 544July 15, 2024 8:56 PM

Why does JD Vance have so many other names? Anyone go the low down?

by Anonymousreply 545July 15, 2024 9:10 PM

Feterman said he's not impressed with JD Vance's performance art. HA, Ha, I guess we are not the only ones noticing the heavy Trumpian makeup and Guyliner.

by Anonymousreply 546July 15, 2024 9:13 PM

Is one of them Vivian. R545?

by Anonymousreply 547July 15, 2024 9:16 PM

Will Morning Joe going to pretend that Trump or MAGA are going to play along with this toned down political retohic when Trump just picked the VP with the most out there guy who wants to stir it up? Vance has already claimed that Biden is responsible for Trump assassination attempt.

Don Jr posted some stuff like that as well(until he un-posted it) and was Vance's main guy to push Donald Trump making him his VP.

by Anonymousreply 548July 15, 2024 9:33 PM

WOWEE!!! Something definitely happened over there at MSNBC. Yes, I know this is the "Morning Joe" thread but on Nicole Wallace's "Deadline White House" Claire McCaskil, Mara Gay, (regulars... or used to be, on "Morning Joe") and Nicole Wallace--all three are backing off (and also attempting to rationalize) their debate coverage--especially Claire! "I never said that Joe Biden should get out of the race."; "I'm a loyal democrat" On and on... WOW...

Someone (or people) must have been threatened with being fired!

by Anonymousreply 549July 15, 2024 9:34 PM

Joseph and Mika better bring it tmw.

by Anonymousreply 550July 15, 2024 10:15 PM

So much for a "unity pick" VP with someone like JD Vance. That Kumbaya lasted what 2 days? I would have though 4. We don't need to wait and see, we all have seen it already. I hope MJ does not waste OUR TIME trying to sell that unity story now.

by Anonymousreply 551July 15, 2024 10:34 PM

MJ = Morning Joe or Mighty Joe?

by Anonymousreply 552July 16, 2024 1:05 AM

It means Michael Jackson, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 553July 16, 2024 1:15 AM

The article I read on it said that Mika and Joe would likely be back on Tuesday morning. They will have the convention and JD Vance to talk about, don't expect them to say much about Trump getting shot other to condemn political violence.

by Anonymousreply 554July 16, 2024 2:01 AM

I have enjoyed sleeping late.

by Anonymousreply 555July 16, 2024 2:24 AM

Joe & Mika were the only ones pulled on Monday.

They better go ballistic today.

by Anonymousreply 556July 16, 2024 9:39 AM

Joe trying to make something out of nothing. 9 seconds of Trump being exposed while being rushed to the car. Screaming they should all be fired. 9 seconds is nothing in the real world, people are not perfect in an emergency. It's a diversion from the real story of how Trump is a nasty fuck, raising his fist screaming fight, fight, fight and Joe keeps gaslighting his viewers by saying every politician would to stand up and say I am OK. But, THATS NOT WHAT SAID. It was FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 557July 16, 2024 10:45 AM

Joe just said if they are ever needlessly pulled off the air again like they were on Monday, “They can find someone else to host the show”.

by Anonymousreply 558July 16, 2024 11:16 AM

R558, But, he waited until the 7:00 hour to say it.

by Anonymousreply 559July 16, 2024 11:17 AM

I watch far less news, meaning far less MSNBC, when we're "losing" so I'm not surprised that ratings are down for the network or for CNN for that matter. But the one show I'll consistently watch all the time is MJ just because it's with my morning coffee and a way to start the day. MJ and Lawrence before I go to bed. There's only so much I can take.

by Anonymousreply 560July 16, 2024 11:51 AM

Joe and Mika sold their larger Jupiter Florida home to move into a smaller 3 bedroom condo. This is a New York Post story but on Yahoo so clicking on it will not be clicking on a Murdoch site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561July 16, 2024 12:24 PM

I'm glad that Joe called out Lestor Holt and his pandering to the right via his questioning in trying to equate the language of President Biden (and Democrats) to that of Trump and the Republicans. Although Joe was trying to soothe Lestor Holt's feelings by saying 3-4X's that "It was a good question, but..."

by Anonymousreply 562July 16, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote]I watch far less news, meaning far less MSNBC, when we're "losing" ...

With much respect, I question all of these polls and the "losing" attitude. To me, this is such an EASY argument. Democrats will deserve to lose if they cannot make this case. All of the accomplishments that President Biden has made has not only helped democrats but Republicans... all of of us too. I am VERY ANGRY with Ritch Torres!!! He's calling for Biden to step aside because he believes he can't win? Torres can't talk about student debt relief and how Republicans have tried to stop and plan to reverse it? He can't talk about insulin being lowered for everyone and Republicans are planning to reverse that? On and on....

This reminds me of Obamacare and how Democrats were running around like their heads were cut off while Republicans seized and took control of the narrative. The reality was that just as many Republicans benefited from Obamacare just as much as anyone else. Where is the Republican healthcare plan?

by Anonymousreply 563July 16, 2024 12:59 PM

[quote]To me, this is such an EASY argument.

The selection of JD Vance should be more than enough to SLAUGHTER the Republicans. But... they're is so much more too!!! What are Democrats doing? Working? Working on what?

by Anonymousreply 564July 16, 2024 1:03 PM

[quote]Joe just said if they are ever needlessly pulled off the air again like they were on Monday, “They can find someone else to host the show”.

Mmph... I'm sure that those in the C-Suite are shaking in their boots...

by Anonymousreply 565July 16, 2024 1:08 PM

Trump sent Byron Donalds & Tim Scott home with no biscuits and I'm disappointed that Rev. Al was not all over this.

by Anonymousreply 566July 16, 2024 1:31 PM

Joy was all over it, she said Trump was never going to pick Byron Donalds or Tim Scott for VP, he just love making them preform for the job and it was embarrassing they way they behaved.

by Anonymousreply 567July 16, 2024 4:18 PM

I agree, R567. Joy made that point brilliantly last night.

by Anonymousreply 568July 16, 2024 4:26 PM

“Frustrated MSNBC host Joe Scarborough has said he was 'very disappointed' that his flagship morning show Morning Joe was pulled off air after the assassination attempt on Donald Trump. The decision to yank the show on Monday sparked huge backlash and suggestions it was an admission by NBC that they didn't trust the anchors to cover the horrific shooting. Scarborough and co-host and wife Mika Brzezinski returned to the air on Tuesday morning, and vented their frustration at the network. They were blindsided by bosses quickly returning to regular programming and threatened to walk out if it happened again.“

by Anonymousreply 569July 16, 2024 4:35 PM

R567, Trump did exactly what he did to Mitt Romney in 2016. He never intended to name Romney Secretary of State and Romney humiliated himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570July 16, 2024 4:39 PM

What’s your source, R569? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 571July 16, 2024 6:19 PM

Back to makin' biscuits fo' massa'.

by Anonymousreply 572July 16, 2024 7:44 PM

In other news, Little Marco spotted in the woods near his house in Florida hunting for dick. No takers.

by Anonymousreply 573July 16, 2024 8:03 PM

They went home, a toe tapping...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574July 16, 2024 8:17 PM

Joe said he was called Sunday night and was told that all regular programing on MSNBC was being pulled in favor the straight news feed, so they would not be doing Morning Joe, but then Joe said that is not what happened, said he didn't know why all programing wasn't pulled but if they do it again they can find someone else to host the show.

by Anonymousreply 575July 16, 2024 8:34 PM

R575, Did Joe wait until the second hour to address the situation because the first hour is repeated and having it broadcast twice might have angered the NBC suits?

by Anonymousreply 576July 16, 2024 8:42 PM

[quote] “Next time we’re told there’s going to be a news feed replacing us, we will be in our chairs,” Scarborough said. “And the news feed will be us or they can get somebody else to host this show.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577July 16, 2024 8:44 PM

R577, He had to have run that by the powers that be before saying it on the air.

by Anonymousreply 578July 16, 2024 8:47 PM

Just noticed Joe's first marriage lasted 13 years

Joe's second marriage lasted 12 years

Will the marriage to Mika last 11 years, that would be 2029.

by Anonymousreply 579July 16, 2024 8:48 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580July 17, 2024 8:52 AM

I'm 100% behind Joe Biden but is Mehdi being Objective here or is he upset with Biden with how Palestine was/is being handled by Biden? Or , is it me? Am I being unrealistic with my support for Biden?

Mehdi Hasan @mehdirhasan 7h

Everyone who is part of this effort to ram through Biden’s nomination - despite every swing state poll showing him behind; despite elected Democrats objecting to him en masse behind the scenes; despite Biden himself deteriorating in front of our eyes - will never be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 581July 17, 2024 11:04 AM

Okay.... WHAT IS IT WITH THESE DEMOCRATS??? What do they know that the rest of us don't know, and then they refuse to tell? Why won't they commit with full support to President Biden? This Andy Kim interview does much more harm than any good.

by Anonymousreply 582July 17, 2024 11:44 AM

What part of public cognitive decline are you not following, r582? This is easily the worst candidacy since Jimmy Carter.

by Anonymousreply 583July 17, 2024 11:49 AM

Totally non-related but a must-see...

The wonders of AI

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 17, 2024 11:49 AM

r581, so the Trolls have acknowledged that the Repuke's Convention numbers are in the toilet and are pivoting back to Hamas?

I was expecting a Tribute to the Failure in Afghanistan, starring Marshie Blackburn and her fire batons.

Leave Mehdi alone. He isn't going to change a thing in Gaza now that Netanyahu is running a two-week news cycle war.

Biden is doing exactly what Biden needs to do to support a partner in the Middle East who has been a partner for 50 years.

My apologies to all the dead children in Gaza who have been sacrificed because Hamas will not surrender.

Tough titties.

by Anonymousreply 585July 17, 2024 11:53 AM

[quote]What part of public cognitive decline are you not following, [R582]? This is easily the worst candidacy since Jimmy Carter.

I'm not following it, R583. If that is the reason then be an adult, step up, and come right out and say that this is what this is all about. I noticed (IMHO) Claire is still running back and trying to reposition her stance and redeem herself. I'm not buying this cognitive blah... blah... blah... President Biden has a wonderful team surrounding him and if it gets SO bad I have confidence that his team will do the right thing for the nation.

OH! Just listen to President Biden at that NAACP meeting!!! "I KNOW WHAT A BLACK JOB IS...:"

by Anonymousreply 586July 17, 2024 12:03 PM

Biden is fine. Republicans are a criminal enterprise that has been taken over by another criminal enterprise, MAGA, that is just a front line barrier to the Evangelical billionaires who think they have a god given right to OWN America.

No, we are not your niggers, niggers of all colors.

by Anonymousreply 587July 17, 2024 12:12 PM

OKAY! I've created MJ 4

"Morning Joe 4-- The Saga Continues"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588July 17, 2024 12:20 PM

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 589July 17, 2024 12:25 PM

TISSUE!

I NEED TISSUE!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590July 17, 2024 12:34 PM

Tim Miller is wearing his Sunday best pearls this morning.

by Anonymousreply 591July 17, 2024 1:26 PM

His hair is fucked up as he is giving anti Biden crap. And that thumb Leibovich, ugh,

by Anonymousreply 592July 17, 2024 1:30 PM

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 17, 2024 2:20 PM

It’s a “pearl necklace” and he’s a gay man. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 594July 17, 2024 4:10 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 595July 17, 2024 4:44 PM

it with

by Anonymousreply 596July 17, 2024 4:44 PM

a trumpet

by Anonymousreply 597July 17, 2024 4:44 PM

if ya

by Anonymousreply 598July 17, 2024 4:45 PM

want ta

by Anonymousreply 599July 17, 2024 4:45 PM

get yourself a gimmick And you, too Can be a star!

by Anonymousreply 600July 17, 2024 4:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601July 17, 2024 4:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!