Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends, this one isnt for sale but I wish it was - its perfection

Not too big, not too small, and I love the interiors, I could live in this pretty much exactly as it is, its move in ready

Page isnt rendering correctly for me but all the pictures are there and thats what counts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2024 4:00 AM

Talk about your living hell.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 5:48 PM

You'll like this one even less then R1!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 5:51 PM

It’s …………. A lot

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 5:53 PM

I think I actually like the second one even more, they're both right sized, but this lounge in the second one is dream home material for me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2024 5:56 PM

It looks like a high end New Orleans bordello. How do you keep a place like that clean?

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 6:03 PM

Alice in Wonderland vibes

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 7:37 PM

The first one is terrific. Originally an unassuming, even dumpy house of no aspirations, the current owners transformed it with am pretty solid knowledge of Victorian period architecture and its rich nuances. They emphasized a highly decorated style of interior architecture that draws from Aesthetic Movement and English Arts & Crafts traditions, with some American specific touches as well, and they did it as a synthesis and conscious exaggeration rather than attempting the usual borrowing of details and references in which the spirit if the plan gets lost in excessive misinterpretation (of which the second house, despite it's better architectural beginnings, is guilty.)

It's highly personal, most people will hate it, but it's smart and for that reason it succeeds for me, both it what it did and what it didn't do. The exterior alterations/embellishments show the same knowledge paired with judgment in selection. Of all of the full-blown high Victorian restorations and decoration schemes, this one on a more than modest canvas is really impressive, I think.

Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2024 11:22 PM

R7, yes I think its absolutely stunning. And I love the second place despite its excessive misinterpretation, its fun and joyfully excessive, in a way you just dont see on HGTV or in any interior design mags, at least not in the last 100 years

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2024 4:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!