Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First Poster of Paul Schrader’s “Oh, Canada”

It looks like a book cover, which I love. I can not wait for a trailer to finally release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 6:03 PM

So what's it about?

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 4:15 PM

I love the choice of a 1964 Rambler. My Dad was a Rambler man, and in the1960s that was deeply uncool.

Now I'd love one.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 4:26 PM

R1

“Oh, Canada depicts the story of famed documentary filmmaker Leonard Fife, an American leftist who fled to Canada as a young man to avoid the Vietnam War draft. As Fife battles cancer in Montreal during his twilight years, he agrees to a final interview. Intent on revealing his long-guarded secrets and demystifying his mythologized life, Fife’s shocking confession unfolds amidst the presence of his wife, Emma (Uma Thurman), his devoted former student Malcolm MacLeod (Michael Imperioli), and a team of filmmakers capturing this profound moment.”

“We were all dealing with mortality issues as Leonard does in the film. You get to the point where you wonder how many bullets you have left in the gun,” Schrader tells Variety. “Fife is dying and realizing that his whole life has been built on lies and he is trying to confront himself before he dies.” He added, “I’ve now made my film about confronting death. I’m now ready to move on to other things.”

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 6:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!