Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NYC Mayor says illegal aliens could solve lifeguard shortage because they're 'excellent swimmers'

New Yorkers should be ashamed of electing this imbecile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2024 8:03 PM

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 11:46 AM

Adams got elected because, as incredible as it sounds, DeBlasio was even worse. I'll admit he's been a disappointment however.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 11:53 AM

Expediting the ability for nurses from another country to practice nursing here is unrealistic.

I believe most hospitals employ BSNs these days.

RNs without a BSN or, especially, LPNs might be able to work more expeditiously in a nursing or convalescent home, but probably not a hospital.

I may not know what I’m talking about, however.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 12:16 PM

Where did the billion dollars go?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2024 1:53 PM

Sadly he is the best option out there . The others who want to run from City Council etc are 10 times worse.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 2:41 PM

Wft is he talking about?

Was the lifeguard thing a theoretical lead in to an argument that people should be allowed to work in food service? As in, “If you had a surplus of qualified life guards and many under staffed swimming facilities, you would expedite the necessary work permissions. It also makes sense to allow qualified people to work in food service.”

I can’t even understand what he is trying to say, but I’m really hoping he was not equating nursing or even life guarding with bussing tables.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 3:02 PM

"Hello. I'll fucking save your ass if you let me have your apartment".

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2024 3:29 PM

We need to normalize throwing trash at these politicians who try and "joke" like this.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2024 8:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!