Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Weight loss from Wegovy sustained for up to four years, trial shows

[quote]A large, long-term trial of the weight-loss medication Wegovy found that people tended to lose weight over the first 65 weeks on the drug – about one year and three months – but then hit a plateau or "set point." But that early weight loss was generally maintained for up to four years while people continued taking the weekly injections.

[quote]The findings, published in Nature Medicine, come from a fresh analysis of data from the SELECT trial, which was designed to look at the drug's effects on cardiovascular health. The trial – a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial – specifically enrolled people with existing cardiovascular disease who also had overweight or obesity, but did not have diabetes. In all, the trial included 17,604 people from 41 countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 4:12 AM

I'm going to share this with my boss. His father and his brother died of cardiovascular disease/heart attacks earlier than they should have. He's the type with a big belly and he can't seem to take off the weight as much as he works out 5 days a week and bikes during the warm seasons.

We've talked and shared about this, and today he told me one of his best friends told him that he needs to do something. He said he was going to look into it further and maybe take it more seriously (we've been chatting about it for a few months now).

He's a really good guy, and I wouldn't want him to leave this world before he should. He's 65 and has decided to retire at year's end to be with his wife who retired about a year ago. I think this info could help him.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 4:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!