Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden is the least popular president in 70 years

Joe Biden is the least popular commander in chief at this point of his presidency in the last 70 years, below even Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter, according to a blistering new poll — imperiling his chances of re-election.

Biden, 81, notched a dismal 38.7% job approval rating for the first quarter of 2024, the venerable Gallup Poll found in a survey released Friday, three points lower than that of the one-term George H.W. Bush at the same point in his presidency.

“With about six months remaining before Election Day, Biden stands in a weaker position than any prior incumbent,” the pollsters concluded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2024 10:24 AM

Yeah, we know.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 3:20 AM

Trump is even more unpopular, so this metric is moot.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 3:22 AM

Let’s face it: he’s going to lose in November.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 3:23 AM

And the NY Post is the worst newspaper in a 100 years. What's the matter Op, nothing from the Daily Fail on the subject? Or is that too highbrow for you

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2024 3:28 AM

The Under-45s hate Boomers because they'll never be able to live up to them. They'll just be bi-sexual, job-hopping, childless, condo-dwelling adult-adjacents trying to stay 21 4-ever.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 3:33 AM

You worry about your own shithole cuntry and your own non elections.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 3:35 AM

Look, Op, your baby pictures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2024 3:36 AM

We thought you were dead, Op

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2024 3:37 AM

He's actually done some good shit. But he was supposed to be a one-term president. He defeated Trump in 2020, then he was supposed to pass it on after his first term.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2024 3:38 AM

Sorry about your mom, Op

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2024 3:40 AM

Sorry but, no, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2024 3:42 AM

Biden was losing until the black vote in South Carolina primary.

The ONLY reason why he became President was because he was the most famous candidate that the majority knew and minorities could get behind because of Obama.

He won off of “vote for me because I’m not Trump”.

That was it.

It’s different this time. Trump is back and inevitable.

Radical liberals are absolutely out of control. Just as crazy and looney are radical right wingers. But at least right wingers battles are about the US.

I do NOT want Trump as President. I cannot take 4 years of him. I can deal with Biden but I know that a lot of people can’t.

It’s like moderates and moderate liberals have given up. Anyone who is not insane just can’t be bothered with this freak show, it’s a lose / lose.

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2024 3:44 AM

Got to love the NY Post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2024 3:50 AM

The aquahaired Palestine lovers are desperate to discredit reality.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2024 3:53 AM

You should have been in Chicago today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2024 3:54 AM

Finally the truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2024 3:56 AM

For idiots like R16 etc. who do not understand that the NYPost did not conduct the poll, but is instead R E P O R T I N G the results of a poll conducted by Gallup, here is the original source .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2024 3:57 AM

[Quote] The Under-45s hate Boomers

You do realize boomers and Gen x are Trump’s base, right?

You remind me of someone whose house is set on fire by vandals, then neighbors come by to put out the fire, and you blame the neighbors for the whole thing because they didn’t work hard enough to put out the fire.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2024 3:59 AM

R17 they don’t understand that. They only believe the memes they see on Instagram and TikTok videos. They don’t understand that MSNBC buries or doesn’t report this stuff. That’s why it’s important to get news from all sources not just echo chambers.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2024 4:00 AM

r17's family has moved to SF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2024 4:03 AM

For R16:

Snopes: Fact Check

"Multiple Polls Say Biden Is Least Popular US President in 70 Years?"

Snopes finding: True.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2024 4:04 AM

Wow the Aspie here is obsessed

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2024 4:05 AM

I'm so happy for r19, you earned it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2024 4:05 AM

Not with me, he’s not unpopular. He’s a decent man who doesn’t have a racist bone in his body. He ran with a BLACK WOMAN. And he won fair and square.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2024 4:05 AM

How's your brother doing, r22?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2024 4:08 AM

Somebody needs to make Punch a Boomer in the face trend on TikTok and have R5 be its first victim.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2024 4:08 AM

@r21, did your grandpa ever get released?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2024 4:16 AM

R18 Boomers and Gen X broke for Trump both elections. There would be no Trump without them.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2024 4:21 AM

^ Isn't that like most voters?

"If it wasn't for people voting there'd be no Trump" 🙄

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2024 4:24 AM

R29 Trump was created in the 1980s thanks to the two older generations who made him famous

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2024 4:26 AM

^ The 1980s? Aren't those people dead 🤔

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2024 4:28 AM

Ok, who let cousin Eddie out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2024 4:30 AM

Too bad you weren't R31

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2024 4:32 AM

OP fuck you into oblivion. We know you’re the trolly Russian dick who posts this shit over and over. Check back in November. Vladimir and you will be eating potatoes and only potatoes.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2024 4:33 AM

R30 Trump became famous in the 1980s because of Trump Tower, plastering his name on buildings, buying the Plaza, his marriage to Ivana...everything about him fit in with the zeitgeist of that decade. The press loved him.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2024 4:34 AM

A better candidate probably would have better numbers but I think the days of presidents of either party commanding large majority support are over for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2024 4:37 AM

[Quote] ^ Isn't that like most voters?

[quote]"If it wasn't for people voting there'd be no Trump"

Are you stupid? We’re not just talking about “people.” Someone was blaming under 45s who hate boomers for Trump.

Which is ridiculous. It was older than 45s who made Trump happen.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2024 4:45 AM

And it's the under 45s who are securing his re-election in November with all their Palestine bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2024 4:52 AM

R17 🙏 OWNED. That cunt was owned. I don’t know why anyone regardless of political leanings would want to ignore the truth. The truth will enable our base to go out and vote and stop talking about fucking Palestine. Do you think you are just going to ignore reality and a fairytale god is going to make Biden win. Like that’s mental illness. And his ass better win. The Dems better get it together.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2024 4:53 AM

Based on what? The polls? The polls are less accurate than ever because fewer people respond to them than ever

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2024 4:54 AM

R38 It's the under 45s who allowed Biden to prevail in 2000.

It's the over 45s who are FOX News zombies and have made OAN a thing.

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2024 4:54 AM

Please. Spare us your “making everything about hating Palestinians” bullshit. The generations that will break for Trump will still be Gen x and boomers.

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2024 4:55 AM

Gen Z & Millennial males are turning conservative at an astonishing rate.

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2024 4:57 AM

[quote] Please. Spare us your “making everything about hating Palestinians” bullshit. The generations that will break for Trump will still be Gen x and boomers.

You can keep saying it (and you have, way too many times). It won't make it true.

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2024 4:59 AM

Yes that’s why they’re the bulk of protestors — because they’re so incredibly CONSERVATIVE.

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2024 4:59 AM

R44 doesn't believe in statistics or voting data. It must be dementia.

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2024 5:00 AM

[quote] You can keep saying it (and you have, way too many times). It won't make it true.

And you’re basing this on … what?

It continues to be Gen x that polls most conservative followed by boomers.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2024 5:00 AM

R46 yeah what proof?

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2024 5:01 AM

Who gives a fuck about polls? I'm saying that the idiot Gen Z'ers and their performative Palestine bullshit are doing nothing but giving even more mush brained idiots the idea that Biden is the devil. Gen Z'ers were in middle-high school when Trump was last president. They weren't paying attention. They know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2024 5:04 AM

Oh look everybody. R49 has no data or proof to back up his assertions. He just has "the feels."

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2024 5:10 AM

And hey R49. At least half of Gen Z aren't even adults yet. They haven't yet reached peak maturation.

What the hell is your excuse?

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2024 5:11 AM

Christ, you're a moron, R50.

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2024 5:11 AM

And you're an imbecile when you really should be a wealth of logic and information R52.

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2024 5:12 AM

Every day RCP has the approval comparison of the last group of presidents for the same day in the term of each. An apples to apples comparison.

Job Approval May 14th (4th Year): Biden 39.5 | Trump 45.6 | Obama 48.3 | Bush 45.6

Every day for months it's told the same story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2024 5:18 AM

[quote]Gen Z & Millennial males are turning conservative at an astonishing rate.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2024 7:51 AM

Who is this "boomer" obsessed freak? Yes, many voted Dump but many did not. Just as there are quite a few gen z Dumpers. If any one gets Dump back in it will be these petulant blue haired freaks sitting out or not voting Democrat because, wahhh, he's not catering to their whims.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2024 1:27 PM

greaaaat.

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2024 1:30 PM

Nothing is like watching the NY Post and FUCKS NEWS crawl back to Trump on their hands and knees after they disowned him!

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2024 1:34 PM

OP forgot about Trump? Who is LITERALLY the least popular President ever? Who never won the popular vote, unlike Biden?

Also? Biden got more votes for President than anyone in history. Against Trump.

And Biden is set to win against Trump a second time.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2024 1:51 PM

Biden needs to stop talking about how great the economy is. For many people who can barely afford groceries, the economy is decidedly not good.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2024 2:15 PM

Still waiting for my free money

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2024 2:21 PM

R61 check’s in the mail…

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2024 2:23 PM

Look. Another were so fucked freeper cunt fuck thread.

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2024 2:26 PM

Get it together, Democrats! Give us someone who doesn't drool when he eats, doesn't think his brother was eaten by cannibals, and can put more than one sentence together.....he's too fucking old!

Make it easy to beat Trump - give us a SOLID choice. I'll vote for the idiot - but I will NOT be happy about it. Lost opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2024 2:45 PM

Does he drool R64? I've heard him speak coherently many times. Far better than Turd, who by the way, is truly incoherent and senile.

by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2024 2:50 PM

Biden doesn't drool, doesn't think he brother was eaten by cannibals, and can certainly string more than one sentence together. Fuck you for lying about him like that. It proves you have no REAL or ACTUAL reason for opposing him other than you're an agist fuckwad.

Biden IS the solid choice. More experienced and more accomplished than anyone. AND HE'S ALREADY THE DEFACTO NOMINEE. He won the primary. It's FAR TOO LATE to even consider replacing him, and why would you give up the huge advantage of incumbency? You people are all morons, I swear.

I will be quite happy and proud to vote for Biden/Harris a second time and literally cannot imagine any factual, reasonable, justifiable reason anyone WOULDN'T be.

by Anonymousreply 66May 16, 2024 3:21 AM

North of the border, Trudeau is sucking too.

The majority of Canadians have intensely negative responses to both Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a new Nanos Research poll that finds the credibility of both politicians low.

Even as Mr. Poilievre far outpaces Mr. Trudeau in public opinion surveys, almost six in 10 respondents in the Nanos poll say the Conservative Leader elicits negative emotions or responses such as dishonesty, deceit, fear and anger when they hear him speak.

The results are even worse for Mr. Trudeau in the poll, conducted for The Globe and Mail between April 28 and May 1. More than seven in 10 Canadians say that hearing the Prime Minister speak prompts feelings or responses such as stupid, anger, rage, disgust and ineptitude.

Respondents gave Mr. Trudeau an average credibility rating of 3.7 out of 10, while Mr. Poilievre scored 3.9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2024 3:41 AM

[quote] More than seven in 10 Canadians say that hearing the Prime Minister speak prompts feelings or responses such as stupid, anger, rage, disgust and ineptitude.

Only 7 out of 10 ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 16, 2024 5:01 AM

Apparently I’m supposed to read this thread and run to Donnie. As if!

by Anonymousreply 69May 16, 2024 6:19 AM

Good god you Trump addicts are tiresome. There is more going on in the world.

by Anonymousreply 70May 16, 2024 6:25 AM

[quote]Who is this "boomer" obsessed freak? Yes, many voted Dump but many did not. Just as there are quite a few gen z Dumpers.

.Jesus fucking Christ, is this moron completely impervious to facts? It claims that “blue haired Gen zs” are going to get Trump reelected, yet Gen Z voted for Biden over Trump 60 to 36. Boomers OTOH voted for Trump 52 to 45.

But of course Gen Z are somehow to blame anyway, apparently due to hair color.

by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2024 6:32 AM

[quote]Even as Mr. Poilievre far outpaces Mr. Trudeau in public opinion surveys, almost six in 10 respondents in the Nanos poll say the Conservative Leader elicits negative emotions or responses such as dishonesty, deceit, fear and anger when they hear him speak.

Glad to see that many Canadians are realizing that Pierre Poilievre is basically the Canadian version of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2024 6:47 AM

I don't think it's a new understanding, R72, but it is fascinating that negative reaction to Trudeau is so deep, Polident still leads. You're cooked when. But, like someone else perhaps, Trudeau won't get out of the way. Biden, at least, I have hope for.

by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2024 10:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!