Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Western University researchers unlock potential 'cure' for ALS

And now, for some wonderful news.

"New research out of London, Ont.’s Western University is shedding light on a potential cure for ALS, in which the targeting of the interaction between two proteins can halt or fully reverse the disease’s progression..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2024 1:35 AM

This is so promising. Such a horrible disease. Hope they can irradiate it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 1:04 AM

^^Eradicate

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 1:08 AM

Thank you OP, this IS wonderful news.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 1:11 AM

That's great news!

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2024 1:15 AM

You're welcome, R3.

I'm in awe of the researchers who have put in the work to accomplish this. They are true heroes!

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 1:16 AM

That would be amazing. If only we can find a cure for cancer. I think scientists already figured out a way to reverse aging and thereby returning the body to a younger healthier version. The question remains whether it’s ethical to do so and how the overpopulation affects the earth.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 1:17 AM

ALS is one of those diseases I dread getting. This is so exciting - something to be truly happy about in the midst of Trump. Thank you for the post, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2024 1:18 AM

I fervently hope the new research ultimately works against this dreadful disease.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2024 1:24 AM

This is truly wonderful news. I hope it can happen sooner than the 3-5 years they are thinking. If this is as promising as they think, they need to get everyone on this.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2024 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!