Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

One man was a Capitol Police officer. The other rioted on Jan. 6. They’re both running for Congress

Like night and day.

”For Derrick Evans, being part of the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol wasn’t enough. The former West Virginia lawmaker wants to make his path to the halls of Congress permanent.

On the other side of the metal barricades that day, Police Officer Harry Dunn couldn’t stand what he saw as he defended the Capitol and its inhabitants from rioters on Jan. 6, 2021. Ultimately, the Maryland resident watched lawmakers he had protected vote to acquit former President Donald Trump and deny the violence and trauma that led to the deaths of some of his fellow officers..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 3:26 PM

This is fascinating. How bizarre democracy is sometimes. One guy breaks into the Capitol, quits the WV house, serves time, then has the gall to run again as a proud MAGA idiot. The other guy (Evans, I hope he wins and it looks good) was a police officer on that day. If reminds me of my MAGA sister in law, who laid low after Jan. 6 in her support of Trump but is right back on the bandwagon again. WV is more MAGA that MD so they both might win but it will be interesting to see how these two do in the race.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2024 12:19 AM

Oops the guy who should win is Dunn.....

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2024 12:22 AM

Evans also had priors for stalking and harassment before he lived up to his hillbilly potential on J6.

I'm surprised he's not in the running for Orange Jesus' VP.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2024 12:42 AM

AW, Evans got trounced in the primary. Thoughts and prayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2024 2:27 PM

Aw, and Dunn lost too. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2024 3:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!