Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How many images of Jesus Christ are in your home?

And for chrissakes, why do you have any at all?

Count any Jesus portrayals in all media including metal, wax, toast, and macramé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2024 8:13 AM

I have none. I have a bible (not going to dignify that with a capital "B") and I keep it upside-down on the bookshelf.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 7:49 PM

I have a small statue of St. Anthony, does that count for anything?

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 7:50 PM

Sure, but he ain't Jesus.

"Hot Jesus"? If you call Conchita Wurst hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 7:51 PM

One, a glass crucifix that is really a liquor bottle. A Polish friend gave it to me (he knows about my penchant for gentle blasphemy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 8:02 PM

I want a hundred Christs, a THOUSAND Christs!

Babs, when is the Christ man coming?

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 8:03 PM

My husband has a huge crucifix in the bedroom and we have a couple of Catholic candles.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 8:05 PM

Does toast count?

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 8:06 PM

R7 reading skills?

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 8:07 PM

Which one or you horny blasphemous smart alecks posted this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 8:11 PM

A church thrift was selling a large crucifix from the church. I couldn't resist. But then my brother gave me two more (which I gave to my grandson and his friend to "hunt vampires" with). The truth is, as a protestant I am fascinated by the almost coven-like trappings of the Catholic Church. I also brought home a damaged four foot tall St. Anthony, complete with baby Jesus, from the dump and meticulously repaired them (they were very old) because I couldn't believe someone would be that disrespectful. I hesitate to post this but what the hell.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 8:14 PM

R8 I got carried away and missed the toast part.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 8:16 PM

What is the material of that St. Anthony? Any pic you would share?

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 8:17 PM

St. Anthony is plaster and is built around a metal frame, like rebar. The reason he was damaged, I suspect, is because it looks like someone tried to rip Jesus out of the statue's arms. He is identical to the St. Anthony in the old photographs of the annual feast held in the North End of Boston. I'd love to post a pic but I don't know how

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 8:23 PM

None

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 8:23 PM

I'll try

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 8:27 PM

R12 see above

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 8:28 PM

I don't know why but this whole thread is reminding me of those home-made "shrines" to the Virgin Mary. You know, those sawn-in-half bathtubs stuck in the ground with a statue? They were often called "Mary in a Clam shell" and the Italian immigrants near me loved these when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 8:34 PM

Who are you, OP? Florida Evans?

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 8:46 PM

Da motha Mary in da tub behind da chain link fenza. And inside the house was a portrait of Jesus hanging next to a portrait of John F. Kennedy. I spent a lot of time in that neighborhood, when I was younger. perhaps that contributed to me dragging broken saints home as an adult

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 8:46 PM

Did people in the Middle East have blond ringlets and blue eyes?

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 8:53 PM

Oh, you mean blonde blue-eyed Euro-Jesus?

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 8:55 PM

r9 A middle Eastern Jesus might actually closely resemble that!

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 9:01 PM

None, but I do have a Bible, Koran, and other religious books. I minored in Religious Studies in college.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 9:38 PM

I’m not going through my art books to answer this.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 9:50 PM

Many years ago, in the from window of Love Saves The Day on Second Ave they had a large sculpted Station of the Cross from an old church -- Jesus falling for the second time with a few onlookers, all below a gothic arch.

It was expensive, so I balked. I still regret it

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 9:50 PM

Yeah, I have a Bible and a Koran and a Torah.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2024 9:50 PM

The Torah is in your Bible.

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2024 9:53 PM

Thanks for the pic. Your St. Anthony is cute.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2024 8:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!