Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anya Taylor-Joy didn’t like making Furiosa

How did she feel in late 2022, when she finally wrapped the arduous production?

“Like I knew I was going to need the two years that it took for the movie to come out to deal with it,” she said.

Taylor-Joy told me that championing Furiosa often felt like a solitary experience.

“I’ve never been more alone than making that movie,” she said, choosing her words carefully. “I don’t want to go too deep into it, but everything that I thought was going to be easy was hard.”

Her reticence reminded me of when I first spoke to the actors who had made “Fury Road”: During that shoot, the desperation of the characters bled into their real lives, and unpacking that experience took a very long time. Sensing that she was skirting a sensitive issue, I asked Taylor-Joy what exactly it was about “Furiosa” that had proved more difficult than she expected. For five long seconds, she contemplated giving me an answer.

“Next question, sorry,” she said. There was a faraway look in her eyes, as if a part of her had been left behind in that wasteland. “Talk to me in 20 years,” she said. “Talk to me in 20 years.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2024 2:21 PM

@RemindMe_OfThisBot Remind me in 20 years

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 7:28 PM

R1 lol!

Anya, darling, shit or get off the pot!

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 7:31 PM

Oh no! We should have a telethon for her!

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 7:42 PM

What did the check bounce???

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 7:56 PM

Gosh, she sounds so extra, just reading that makes me think less of her.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 8:01 PM

Boo hoo, you're a famous actress in a successful franchise. STFU.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 8:04 PM

Oh boo hoo! Just wait until you get 6 pages of NOTES, missy!

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 8:10 PM

She is a drama queen and probably insufferable.

Here’s a video of her talking about how she was on the verge of a mental breakdown and Nicholas saved the day by hugging her when he spotted it.

It’s very obvious by his reaction he doesn’t remember it.

She’s probably doing this all the time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 8:13 PM

r8 Oh wow, I didn't know this was a pattern with her. And if we here are noticing it, just imagine how much the creatives must be taking about it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 8:17 PM

She is so full of shit.

There are countless press-junket clips and interviews for this film where she raves about the experience without a hint of strife detected.

Try to stay consistent, Anya.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 8:22 PM

Leave it to DL to tear the pretty girl to shreds!

Meanwhile back on planet earth, virtually everyone who works with George Miller says *exactly the same thing*.

Unless they are also INSANE, like a certain person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 8:22 PM

Maybe she was feeling extra starved that day.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 8:24 PM

R11 Regardless if it was torture, sell the goddamn movie. Who wants to pay someone millions of dollars to ultimately talk shit during the press junket?

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 8:36 PM

All Mel said was that he is too old.

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 8:42 PM

[quote] Leave it to DL to tear the pretty girl to shreds!

Gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 8:46 PM

r11, pretty girl? Seriously? She looks like a grasshopper.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 8:46 PM

Old Man Max might be a pretty good film. I'd go.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 8:58 PM

It's nice that she is famous and can take 2 years off to deal with it

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 9:01 PM

Ha ha I knew I’d rattle your cages by saying she’s pretty!

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 9:03 PM

R19 because you know she’s not. That’s why you know it’s a joke.

She’s not ugly. She just looks incredibly odd and alien.

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 9:23 PM

Well, I certainly won't be adding to the little star's misery by watching this piece of lady shit.

Notice the pattern?

1. Fight like hell to get your way and "succeed."

2. Whine about how you're not happy and that it's all other people's fault, usually male.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 9:33 PM

Well she is half-Argentinian, those people are DRAMA

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 9:39 PM

I had a crush on her when I first saw her in VVITCH. Loved her in The Queen's Gambit. Should rewatch that show again. But she's getting a bit annoying lately. With all the popular girl shtick. And trailer for Furiosa looked like shit. More like a video game than an actual movie

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote][R19] because you know she’s not. That’s why you know it’s a joke.

Oh I see, thanks for explaining to me what I know, Sir Gaslight-alot.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 10:42 PM

She's a real person???

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 11:13 PM

Too much plastic surgery too early.

That bucal fat removal was a huge mistake

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2024 12:33 AM

Thank you r15. I find her hideous and her I’m such a delicate English rose-don’t look directly at me or I’ll die of galloping consumption attitude and mannerisms make me want to retch. Ifhh.

Could they not cast someone who even sort of looked like gorgeous Charlize? AT-J looks like a preying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2024 1:23 AM

Oh I thought the movie is called Anorexia.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2024 1:26 AM

It was because she felt unwell in the African desert and George Miller suggested she eat something, isn’t it.

Her diet is very Kate Moss. When she broke out as a teenager she still had that lanky frame and flat stomach, but she had larger breasts and even some curves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2024 12:28 PM

[quote] Boo hoo, you're a famous actress

Hardly. Most people don’t even know her name.

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2024 12:44 PM

I remember Michele Pfeiffer saying the exact same thing while making Scarface. Diet coke, Marlboro Lights and coffee = deliberately starving oneself to be as thin as possible. (Early in her career, Michele was part of a cult that believed you could survive on air alone, so she has always had a touch of anorexia.) Yawn. Does Anya think she's the first? She does look like a praying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2024 12:44 PM

She looked so much better as a redhead in “The Queen’s Gambit,” it warmed her up. And her body in that was sexy.

The blond hair completely washes her out (Nicole Kidman has the same problem) and she’s too thin. I just don’t get the ice princess “I’m Untouchable” thing, it’s neither sexy nor relatable.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2024 1:08 PM

She's hot. But her buccal fat removal is so obvious.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2024 4:22 PM

[quote] I remember Michele Pfeiffer saying the exact same thing while making Scarface. Diet coke, Marlboro Lights and coffee = deliberately starving oneself to be as thin as possible. (Early in her career, Michele was part of a cult that believed you could survive on air alone

Michelle did that because she was playing a coke addict, dear.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2024 4:37 PM

Anya used to be quite pretty yet still unique looking back when she was a bit heavier. Once she got the buccal fat removal and dieted herself down she lost all her prettiness. I still love her though.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2024 7:21 PM

The buccal fat troll strikes again.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2024 11:34 PM

She is total camp and I love her. She seems outrageously over the top. I hope she gets to star in an Almodovar movie like they have both mentioned wanting to do - she would fit into his world perfectly. Her and Rossy de Palma hissing at each other, long fingernails bared, I can picture it already!

by Anonymousreply 37May 16, 2024 12:41 AM

[quote]She just looks incredibly odd and alien.

You got that right!

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2024 4:36 AM

Her performance in The Witch several years ago is astonishing. She can do no wrong in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2024 8:57 AM

Apparently, the little girl who plays the youngest Furiosa is the best thing about the movie. No one is really talking about Anya.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2024 2:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!