Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How to make a better sandwich.

I already hollow out bread as she suggests.

I think both radishes and pickles on the egg salad sandwich was too much. I do love bread & butter pickles.

I am definitely going to make that first sandwich, Pan Bagnat (Provencal Tuna). I'll post the ATK video below. Food Wishes also has a video for this sandwich for those who enjoy Chef John's voice /s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2024 12:20 AM

Pan Bagnat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 6:04 PM

I little horseradish is a good addition to some sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 6:13 PM

Those sandwiches are overstuffed, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 6:17 PM

For me as well r3. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it once in a while. I can't do the hollowed out part though.

I'm more the type to go for a Jewish or an Eastern European loaf like onion or corn/kimmel and have it sliced.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 6:50 PM

I'm sorry OP. I shouldn't be so critical. I'm sure it would be delicious, but for me a sandwich is a quick meal I make for myself or maybe the Hub.

I should try to be more open-minded.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 6:56 PM

1 slice of sourdough bread, chipotle mayo, a few slices of turkey and covered with a couple of thin slices of cheddar cheese. Heat under the broiler until the cheese melts, for a low-carb open faced sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 7:11 PM

Gross. That's not a sandwich, that's a pound of meat/fish with an excuse of bread around it. Too much. Also, are you supposed to dislodge your jaw like a snake?

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 8:08 PM

It would be good yet still heavy with half the filling

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 8:13 PM

r7 I hate when delis/sandwich makers pile on a SHIT TON of meat on sandwiches and it's so out of proportion with the rest of the ingredients. Maybe I'm in the minority, but there's just no good reason for having an inch and half to 2 inches of meat on your sandwich.

Feel the same way when people make these mountainous burgers that no human mouth can actually fit around...it's just stupid at that point. Also why I've never thought double burgers were worthwhile...it's just too much goddamn meat.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 8:23 PM

Coleslaw and spicy deli mustard improve both roast beef and turkey sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote]Maybe I'm in the minority, but there's just no good reason for having an inch and half to 2 inches of meat on your sandwich.

That’s what I hate about Katz Deli in NYC. They pile a ton of meat on flimsy bread and the sandwich ends up falling apart.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 8:42 PM

I also like coleslaw or salad greens with dressing on a sandwich, sliced apples, and smashed avocado instead of mayo to hold it together sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 8:49 PM

r12 me too.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 8:50 PM

Sourdough bread is low carb???

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2024 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!