Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Leads in 5 Key States, as Young and Nonwhite Voters Express Discontent With Biden

A new set of Times/Siena polls, including one with The Philadelphia Inquirer, reveal an erosion of support for the president among young and nonwhite voters upset about the economy and Gaza.

NEW NYT/Siena poll:

“Nearly 70 percent of voters say that the country’s political and economic systems need major changes — or even to be torn down entirely.”

78% of 18-29 & Black voters are in that camp. 73% of what NYT considers “working class.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2024 7:25 PM

What do young people think Trump will do in Gaza? Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 4:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 4:45 PM

Trump will help Israel raze Gaza to the ground. He will give them whatever they want. There will be ZERO checks on Israel. Amazing to me how dumb politically Gen Z and millennials are.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 5:18 PM

they probably don't give a fuck r1. They just want to express their stupid fucking feelings.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 6:29 PM

Voting out of spite is more common when people don't have houses or firm ties into the economic system. When folks feel disengaged, sometimes they become gladiatorial spectators waiting for entertainment from the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 6:36 PM

Be sure to give a big howdy to the cunt of this thread who also has been posting this:

Inflation doomed Ford, Carter and Bush I, and it’s going to kill Biden. [quote] Thanks Moscow Mitch for not convicting Trump.

Why would he? That wouldn’t be in his favor.

Times/Siena May 13 Depressing.

Times/Siena May 13 [quote] Goodbye to marriage equality.

Gay marriage is protected. It was codified by Congress. Nothing can be done to it.

Times/Siena May 13 Biden is doing what Hillary did: “I’m not Trump, vote for me.” It’s not a winning strategy. People are angry.

Times/Siena May 13 [quote] Well [R26] - the supreme court can and will make it so that states which already have banned gay marriage don't have to follow federal guidelines.

That’s not how it works, dear.

Times/Siena May 13 The fact that after all of Trump’s legal problems that Biden is losing or leading by a point doesn’t bode well. People hate Biden the way people hated Carter.

Times/Siena May 13 The college protests are the final straw for Americans. This happened under Carter and we got Reagan and a conservative reign of terror for over a decade as a result.

Times/Siena May 13 [quote] What policies has Trump articulated that people feel will actually help them?

Closing the border, stopping the gender nonsense which is terrifying parents with their kids at school.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 6:38 PM

"or even to be torn down entirely."

Anyone who argues for this, left or right, is a moron (or is just a privileged person living in fantasy land). See what bringing it all down does. It won't be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 7:19 PM

Trump is currently on the outs with Bibi. So he'll wait til Bibi comes to him- hat in hand- and begs for help. On one condition...

Maybe Jared can fly over there and smooth things over?

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 9:17 PM

R6/Karen, I did not post that.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 9:48 PM

The Times/Sienna poll was not properly formulated and they're skewing results. I read that they counted 20% of respondents who have not voted in the three most recent elections as "likely voters" and they specifically undercounted women. This is critical for several reasons, not the least of which is that people who don't vote in the midterms aren't "likely", and the [italic]Times[/italic] loses perspective due to its focus on the latest, shiny bauble, which is where the undercount of women comes into play in that abortion is still going to be one of the top three factors in the race while Gaza and Israel is ranked so far down the list it's hard to imagine it holding any sway (outside of the youth vote which reliably doesn't materialize). That this poll is an outlier doesn't seem to be ringing any bells, either.

I'll be the first to admit this poll rattled me. When they placed it on the front page as the second-most important story of the day (only because the trial is driving clicks unlike anything the [italic]Times[/italic] has seen since they ran the Comey-reopening-Hillary-case bombshell 11 days before the election), like everyone else, I took it seriously. As Heilman put it on Morning Joe this morning, this is what the [italic]Times[/italic] does. And then we all spend a week fretting over it before we get back to the basics of the election... until the [italic]Times[/italic] does it again. Anybody remember how the [italic]Times[/italic] ran the "Joe is old!" story on the front page every fucking day for a month until the State of the Union speech in which Biden just slammed it out of the park?

AO Sulzberger seems to have it in for Biden because he won't grant them an exclusive interview specifically, but access in general. I'd say that Biden should grant the interview just to shut them up, but I don't think it will help in the end. The [italic]Times[/italic] hated Hillary with a passion and defeated her via Maureen Dowd's decades-long vendetta against the Clintons. The [italic]Times[/italic] read the tea leaves in 2020 and begrudgingly supported Biden but only because Trump's weaponizing of Covid hurt New York so badly that they had no other choice. And now they're pissed that Biden doesn't bow down and grovel before them, and they're showing him with 6 months to go that they can and will throw the election to Trump.

Perhaps it's time that the Biden administration engage in a bit of foul play when it comes to the [italic]Times[/italic] .

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2024 1:12 PM

The Times can do whatever the hell they want. They will not be successful in the end. The women in this country are rightfully pissed off at tRump and the Repukes, and they intend to make them pay in Roebember. Just like in the Red Trickle “wave” in 2022, the pollsters are missing the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2024 8:11 PM

Biden had an opportunity to have big leads in the polls if he would have only done anything substantial for the average person, some of which he and the Democrats promised, then abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2024 8:17 PM

If the smarter half of the country can't figure out a way to convince the dumber half of the country that Dump is dangerous, well that's on them.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2024 8:21 PM

Like what, R12?

The historic number of actually qualified appointments to federal judgeships?

Or perhaps the record amount of funding for HBCUs?

Canceling of $1b+ of federal student loans?

The $35/month for insulin?

OTC birth control?

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2024 8:28 PM

"Discontent with Biden" does not equal Trump '24. Turd was President for four years and the damage he did will require years to fix. There's no givesy-backsies; come Feb. 2025 and the nightmare is underway- there's no turning back.

And god knows who the Xtians are going to choose for his VP. It could turn into decades of hell. Beware.

by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2024 8:34 PM

r15

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2024 8:36 PM

OP = troll

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2024 8:38 PM

OP = Bot

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2024 8:56 PM

R12, he’s passed an infrastructure act, a public works act to improve the parks and environment, backed motor workers unions, working on microchip production in the US, etc. So don’t fucking say he hasn’t done anything for average workers. It’s just the news (conservative and liberal) don’t cover these things and no one knows about it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2024 8:57 PM

r12 = idiot.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2024 9:12 PM

Op = Asshole and polls are stupid

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2024 9:25 PM

Biden is the only choice.

We won't have a democracy with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2024 9:58 PM

We cannot have Trump, a fucking criminal in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2024 9:58 PM

R14 You're not living in the real world if you think the average person struggling to make a living today or afford housing cares about qualified appointments to federal judgeships. What has Biden done, or even said about the homeless encampment that grandma has to walk around every day on the way to her two jobs? The reason you get fascists is because people think they're going to be bold and take action against problems that aren't being solved.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2024 11:36 AM

And the Federal minimum wage has been $7.25 since 2009.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2024 11:40 AM

I long for what a Biden reelection and a Democrat House & Senate could do for our country. It would be a mandate, full-tilt boogie.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2024 2:03 PM

r22 r23 r24 r25 r26

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2024 1:26 PM

Biden is ahead now

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2024 1:49 PM

Trump is going to win. Biden is cognitively impaired and everyone knows it. Most Americans are outraged by the open borders and the Biden administration flying in 300,000 illegals around the country, now democrats, like Schumer, are talking about allowing them to vote, confirming what the conspiracy "crazies" have been saying all along, violent repeat criminals are not being prosecuted or are being released, the majority of Americans do not buy the woke/trans shit and are pushing back.

- The Truth Fairy

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2024 1:57 PM

R29 obtained his "information" by licking Trump's shit encrusted asshole.

R29's entire post sounds like a Trump campaign speech.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2024 2:00 PM

[quote] Trump is going to win. Biden is cognitively impaired and everyone knows it. Most Americans are outraged by the open borders and the Biden administration flying in 300,000 illegals around the country, now democrats, like Schumer, are talking about allowing them to vote, confirming what the conspiracy "crazies" have been saying all along, violent repeat criminals are not being prosecuted or are being released, the majority of Americans do not buy the woke/trans shit and are pushing back.- The Truth Fairy

😂😂😂😂 So many lies, falsehoods, fabrications, errors, deceptions, and misstatements packed into just a few sentences.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2024 2:28 PM

Your only post, r29?

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2024 2:38 PM

[quote] Your only post, [R29]?

r29's most significant post is a post-concussive trauma to the head. This explains all subsequent posts.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2024 2:48 PM

Hey, don't shoot The Truth Fairy. I'm calling it as I see it, and I'm usually right.

- The Truth Fairy

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2024 3:34 PM

"and I'm usually right."

Spoken just like Donald "I am the second coming of Jesus Christ" Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2024 3:44 PM

No, R35. People are just not that complicated. All it takes watching events objectively, common sense, and a willingness to see human behavior and motivation honestly. As a woman once said to me in a heavy German accent, "We all know the truth, the question is if we want to see it or not."

And, to those who made disparaging comments...I did not say Trump should win, I simply said he will win. I've never voted for him and never would.

- The Truth Fairy

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2024 5:20 PM

Trump has reached his ceiling; lots of Democratic voters will come back home, as Trump’s our best GOTV.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2024 5:28 PM

No need to jump off the ledge ... yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2024 7:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!