Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oklahoma!

I know what I'm watching tonight.

Any other filmed theater productions of musicals you can recommend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 8:45 PM

Oklahomo!

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 5:29 PM

You're as corny as Kansas in August R1

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 5:44 PM

Into the Woods with Bernadette Peters and Joanna Gleason. On Prime Video.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 5:48 PM

Roz in the TV production of her big hit musical! Conga!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 6:04 PM

Don't throw bouquets at me

I have

an allergy

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 6:08 PM

R3 someone on YouTube recently AI enhanced it and it looks awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 6:17 PM

Here you go, OP, a gift from me to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 6:20 PM

MISS SAIGON -- 2000 Manila production

Starring Lea Salonga and Will Chase

IMO, the best 'Kim' and 'Chris'

Their chemistry is off the charts!

And Will is such a hottie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 6:20 PM

Are you limiting yourself to professionally filmed productions, or are bootlegs a possibility?

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 7:05 PM

The London "Merrily We Roll Along" is the same production as the one on Broadway now (with different actors, of course.) It was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 7:05 PM

Not to derail the thread, but, R9, do you have a source for "bootleg" DVDs of professionally filmed productions? There are several PBS Great Performances productions, among others, that are unavailable on DVD that I'd like to get my hands on.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 7:09 PM

By "bootleg," I meant shows that were surreptitiously filmed by audience members.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 7:26 PM

Thanks for these great suggestions. R9, I think professional.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 8:30 PM

OP, the University of North Carolina recreated the original 1943 Broadway production.

What I like about this production is that Curly, Laurey, Jud, Will, and Ado Annie are all age-appropriate.

They're only supposed to be in their latter teens, but they are often cast with older actors in their thirties.

So you sympathize with them instead of dismissing them as immature crybabies.

Plus, there's tons of male eye-candy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 8:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!