Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Everybody Hates Jerry Seinfeld

Howard Stern has officially responded to Jerry Seinfeld saying that he isn’t very funny. Last week, Seinfeld, 70, claimed that Stern, 70, is lacking “comedy chops” on the “Fly on the Wall” podcast. After Seinfeld’s comments went viral, he issued an apology to the famous radio host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2024 2:51 AM

Murdoch NY Post links give clickdollars and SEO to people who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 2:55 PM

R1 our resident broken record

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 2:56 PM

Howard Stern is a piece of shit, but he's not wrong about this. Jerry is a humorless asshole these days, smug and judgy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 3:03 PM

I saw him at Mohegan Sun in CT years ago. He wasn't funny. Seinfeld told one joke that was good but I already knew the punchline.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 3:09 PM

Takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 5:58 PM

Two richer than God Jews sniping at each other. Anything interesting happening today?

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 6:03 PM

A timeless classic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 6:38 PM

I wish rich people were more like their organized crime counterparts, as in, bent on taking each other out.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 6:40 PM

For somebody so rich and successful, he sure comes across like such a sourpuss.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 6:49 PM

“Who ARE these people?!?” = comedy chops

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 6:52 PM

Why does the fact that they’re Jews have anything to do with this?

I constantly get called an anti-Semite because I condemn the blatant ethnic cleaning in Gaza. But actual anti-semitism? Not a peep!

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 6:55 PM

Whatever happened to the 17-year-old girl he was dating back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 6:56 PM

#TeamHoward

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 6:58 PM

I like Howard and Jerry.

I would have rimmed Jerry deep when he was younger and he is ageing quit well.

I think Jerry was in the right place at the right time and he got paid well for it. Good for him!

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 6:59 PM

R13- At least Howard Stern was funny when I would listen to his show back in the 1990's. Jerry Seinfeld was NEVER funny and I suspect the writing on Seinfeld was virtually all Larry David. I was once watching a video of J.S. doing his stand up act. He wasn't funny at all and none of the act reflected any of the writing on the Seinfeld show.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 7:02 PM

R14- Back in ca 1995 when I was going to bars heavily I remember a guy I would see at The Works on the Upper West Side. I never knew his name but I called him Intense Jerold guy because he looked quite a bit like Jerry Seinfeld and he cruised me too.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 7:04 PM

R15, Howard has a sense of humor about himself. Seinfeld doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 7:05 PM

R16, thanks. He did ping for me. Maybe, maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 7:06 PM

I mean, Seinfeld isn’t funny. He never has been. The driving force behind his show was Larry David and a truly talented cast. He was by far the weakest link. A complete siphon. There’s a reason he hasn’t had a career since his show ended and why Julia has.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 7:08 PM

I agree with r15, I thought I was the only one that hated the show Seinfeld. I wouldn't even tell my friends because they thought something was wrong with me. Howard Stern isn't much better with his 12 year old incel titty comedy. However, when Howard Stern isn't "on" he's far more intelligent and introspective than Seinfeld ever could be

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 7:17 PM

R20, I haven't listened to Stern in years, but his 9/11 coverage -- as it was happening -- was among the best. Seinfeld could never.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 7:20 PM

Jerry is so crotchety. Any wonder he got on so well with moody Hugh Grant,

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 7:25 PM

[quote] For somebody so rich and successful, he sure comes across like such a sociopath.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 7:40 PM

R21- The podcast of that is posted on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 7:50 PM

I loved the show Seinfeld but never liked his character.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 7:53 PM

R25- George was by far my favorite character and the funniest. Kramer was the least funny. Jerry wasn't supposed to be funny. He was the straight man on the show.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2024 7:55 PM

Larry David was behind the success of “Seinfeld”.

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2024 7:56 PM

Did any of you actually click the link? There’s nothing in here about Howard Stern hating Jerry Seinfeld. If anything it’s the opposite. I don’t know where OP got his thread title from.

[QUOTE]Stern broke his silence on Seinfeld’s remarks and subsequent apology on “The Howard Stern Show” Monday.

[QUOTE]”Jerry had said that basically I’m an interviewer and that I’m not a comedian, and that now comedians have podcasts and comedians are, you know, funnier or something than me,” Stern said. “I read it, and I went, ‘Oh, that’s weird,’ because Jerry is a personal friend of ours. Especially his wife, Jessica [Seinfeld], is really good friends with Beth [Stern].”

[QUOTE]Stern confirmed that Seinfeld called him “immediately” to apologize for his comments — and Stern was happy to forgive his friend.

[QUOTE]“I said ‘Jerry, you don’t even have to — please. This is embarrassing. I’m the king of going on the air and having millions of regrets afterward. Apology accepted, I don’t care. And you know what? If I’m not a comedian, I’m an interviewer. I don’t know what I am. I always considered myself a bit of a comedian, but whatever it is, don’t worry about it,’ ” Stern explained, adding that Seinfeld “apologized for a really long time, and he said it really came out wrong.”

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote] I constantly get called an anti-Semite because I condemn the blatant ethnic cleaning in Gaza

You should get called out because you’re full of shit. Last time I checked Hamas wasn’t an ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2024 8:06 PM

Agree with r26 and r27. Jerry was what Fellini called the white clown. George and Elaine were my favorites.

My mother loved Kramer but her generation was physical comedy, like I Love Lucy.

And without Larry David it would have never happened.

I still watch it if I'm up past 1am, and laugh at George. The best episodes were about him.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2024 8:09 PM

Sorry r30 was me r25.

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2024 8:12 PM

@r26, "Jerry wasn't supposed to be funny."

He succeeded 😏

by Anonymousreply 32May 14, 2024 8:12 PM

@r28, “I said ‘Jerry, you don’t even have to — please. This is embarrassing. I’m the king of going on the air and having millions of regrets afterward"... I will now put a curse upon your house Jerry Seinfeld 😠

You really don't get how Jews work, do you?

by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2024 8:18 PM

The sitcom had great writers, like Larry David, Larry Charles, and Carol Liefer. His stand up was always lame. The same can be said for Roseanne Barr--funny sitcom because of the writing. She's not funny on her own.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2024 8:23 PM

R17 Are you kidding? Stern can't laugh at himself at all. He can't stand anyone talking about him, he fucking couldn't even tell everyone his income when he wanted to run for governor. I used to love him but since he married the horse faced gold digger, he's even more paranoid and arrogant than before. Jerry is on a beloved show that I watch all the time. And Larry is the fucking man. I almost cried when I watched the last season of Curb. I'm going with Jerry on this.

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2024 8:28 PM

Agreed, R9.

I recall my HS Honors English teacher and college English Lit professor observing how very few poets keep up the same level of creativity, though not necessarily level of output, as they age. Brilliant chemists, mathematicians, lawyers, physicists, etc., over a career mostly retain the skills that brought them acclaim; but not so with poets.

I wonder if the same thing obtains with comedians, as well, even accounting for societal shifts/changes in taste? As they age so many comics become so bitter, they lose whatever it was that made them great. Bill Cosby, Seinfeld, even George Carlin (imo), and dozens more.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2024 8:33 PM

When Larry David was producing the show, Seinfeld was biting and satiric. When he left and Seinfeld became the executive producer, the show jumped the shark and became silly and unfocused. David kept the George character under control, because he was that guy. After he left, George became Jerry Stiller Jr, all bluster and idiocy. Stern? Never funny. Never will be. Only now he’s an ass-kisser.

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2024 8:34 PM

Elaine was the annoying and unfunny one on Seinfeld, she was also a bitch. She's the worst character ever.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2024 8:41 PM

R35, yeah, I've heard that Stern has become something of a sellout, which is what made me not inclined to listen to him anymore. But at least at one point he had a great, self-deprecating humor about himself and his shortcomings. Can't say the same about Seinfeld.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2024 9:16 PM

R33 That is not at all how Jews work. With Jews, it's "Fuck you and see you tomorrow!" We don't hold silent grudges. We don't hold silent anything.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2024 9:27 PM

Has there ever been a worse actor than jerry Sienfeld? I liked his show but Jason Alexander and Julia Louis Dreyfus ran marathons around him. And as said above the show all hinged on Larry David's writing talent

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2024 9:43 PM

[quote] We don't hold silent grudges. We don't hold silent anything.

Honey, Jews are known for holding grudges and passive aggression. What the fuck are you smoking?!

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2024 9:58 PM

I don't think he's saying he doesn't hold them, R42, he's saying they aren't silent about it.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2024 10:00 PM

I know Jerry had some success as a standup before his eponymous sitcom, but I get the impression that, without Larry David (and Julia Louis Dreyfus, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards, for that matter,) he would have eventually faded into obscurity. One of those "whatever happened to...?" comedians that your aunt used to really like in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2024 10:19 PM

Other comedians have hinted that Jerry was a substandard comedian with a very shrewd business sense.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2024 10:23 PM

WEHT Michael Richards?

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2024 10:27 PM

R46 - he's an elderly, semi-retired multi-millionaire who earned that semi-retirement with his unhinged tirade. He'll be fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2024 10:37 PM

This happened, R46. What a nice cast of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2024 10:42 PM

Elaine is a great character, memorable and very funny

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2024 10:56 PM

R48 = Roseanne Barr.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2024 11:19 PM

Howard Stern looks like a caricature of Alice Cooper. And I don't care for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2024 11:31 PM

Maybe they could kill each other in mutual battle for the benefit of all mankind

by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2024 11:32 PM

Does everyone remember how Jerry and his wife got together? She got married to a guy from the Neiderlander family, went on her honeymoon, came back and met Jerry in the gym. Goodbye Neiderlander. She kicked his ass right to the curb and shacked up with Seinfeld less than a month after her marriage.

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2024 11:51 PM

I'm surprised the show hasn't been canceled given that one cast member is a racist and the main character has an interesting history.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2024 12:19 AM

At his peak, I saw Jerry do stand up and the place was sold out (Paramount Theater.) He was very good. Personally, I’ve never liked Howard Stern in any form.

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2024 12:29 AM

How nice to see Jerry and Jason Alexander welcome Michael Richards back into the fold.

I'm sure if that had been somebody going off like Mel Gibson, they would have asked for his head.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2024 12:41 AM

It's different when a personal friend of yours has a difficult moment (in public), involving the revelation of a disturbed racist inner core!

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2024 12:52 AM

R57 racism is okay on some people but not others I guess?

by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2024 12:59 AM

[quote] I'm surprised the show hasn't been canceled given that one cast member is a racist and the main character has an interesting history.

R54 is Bill Maher or Ann Coulter.

by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2024 1:01 AM

r59 I'm your mother's gash

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2024 1:04 AM

howard stern at his peak was one of the funniest guys ever, crazy sharp off the cuff. jerry should be kissing larry david's feet every day of his life.

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2024 1:09 AM

We know now that Larry David, the lovable curmudgeon, is the real genius behind Seinfeld, and that Jerry is…neither of these things.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2024 1:24 AM

He's not that lovable

by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2024 1:28 AM

Jerry Seinfeld is, and always has been, an arrogant, condescending asshole, there's bound to be a long list of comedians he's mistreated over the years.

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2024 6:03 AM

Not only is he an asshole but he's an idiot as well. Look at his rambling, incoherent mess of a commencement speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2024 6:44 AM

Arrogant. Thinks he can ad lib a commencement speech and be brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 66May 16, 2024 4:52 AM

I think he’s great and handled himself well after the bullshit from the pro Hamas graduates.

by Anonymousreply 67May 16, 2024 9:44 AM

That's right, r67. Keep pretending those protestors are pro-terrorism instead of anti civilian death. It's hard being informed and thinking critically! So much easier to repeat insults from the DM comment board.

by Anonymousreply 68May 16, 2024 11:31 AM

[quote]Keep pretending those protestors are pro-terrorism instead of anti civilian death. It's hard being informed and thinking critically! So much easier to repeat insults from the DM comment board.

Holy mother of God, the irony. If people like you gave a single fuck about actual civilian casualties you would have expressed disgust on October 7th when Hamas killed over 1200 people in an unprovoked attack. I am willing to put money down I could educate your ignorant ass about the history of that region going back centuries. You are a typical arrogant fuck who thinks they have the knowledge to educate anyone about something they didn’t give a fuck about prior to October 2023.

by Anonymousreply 69May 16, 2024 2:08 PM

Howard was right about Jay Leno for decades.

That fuck wasn't funny, either.

by Anonymousreply 70May 16, 2024 2:30 PM

Larry David is a comedic genius and Jerry Seinfeld doesn't even attempt to act, those are both givens. Having a better actor play Jerry would have helped.

But they did create and write the show together, so it's not just a case of "Larry was funny and Jerry was not". Seinfeld had more career success before the show than David did, and it seems quite likely, given David's own self-portraits, that Seinfeld's influence was crucial in getting the thing up and focussed and selling it successfully. The fact that David could get 12 more seasons out of the George character in CURB shows how endlessly inventive he is, but it doesn't prove that Seinfeld was responsible for none of the comedy in his eponymous show, nor that David could have done it by himself.

by Anonymousreply 71May 16, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote]Keep pretending those protestors are pro-terrorism instead of anti civilian death

lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 16, 2024 4:06 PM

Not exactly on topic but I met JLD recently and she was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 73May 16, 2024 4:22 PM

Larry King asks Jerry about whether "Seinfeld" got canceled. Jerry is taken aback because Larry is "not aware" that the show was not canceled.

Classic Larry King.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 16, 2024 4:41 PM

I'm a Howard fan, but I don't think that Howard, alone, is very funny either. I think Howard is great at bringing out the funny in other people and situations. He's not so much a comedian as he is a curator of comedy.

by Anonymousreply 75May 16, 2024 4:49 PM

^ Poor, confused Larry King. 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 76May 16, 2024 4:50 PM

This guy gets worse by the day. Now publicly yearn for the return of a dominant male culture.

by Anonymousreply 77May 30, 2024 2:33 PM

R12 Shoshanna Lonstein-Gruss is now 49, started a clothing line, married a gorgeous guy in the music industry and they divorced about 10 years ago. She’s aged very well.

by Anonymousreply 78May 30, 2024 2:45 PM

His one billion dollar net worth must confound you all.

by Anonymousreply 79May 30, 2024 3:18 PM

R79 It doesn't confound most people. Many have gotten unspeakably rich by selling garbage to idiots.

by Anonymousreply 80May 30, 2024 5:22 PM

r77 The planet seemed to be a better and more stable place when that existed. Trump could never have been elected in the 20th century. There is a reason that in the vast majority of cultures men were the leaders (although with lots of advice and guidance from the women around them).

by Anonymousreply 81May 30, 2024 6:03 PM

R81 is drunk again.

The fuck outta here with that nonsense. The planet was a better place when "alpha male jagoffs" ruled the world? In the century you cite, rivers caught fire. Millions were genocided. Domestic violence and child rape were widespread and not even considered crimes. Black people needed separate drinking fountains, and could be murdered by an angry mob for zero reason whatsoever.

Granted, it's no utopia today, but a big part of life in this century is cleaning up the messes from that one.

by Anonymousreply 82May 30, 2024 6:23 PM

I feel like the worst job in the world would have to be being the publicist for any straight, white, male actor over 60. I mean... just this week... look at Richard Dreyfus' mess.

by Anonymousreply 83May 30, 2024 9:13 PM

R83 I'm the only guy in that category who beat the rap on bogus MeToo accusations. The loony Canadian broad fell apart under police scrutiny, and I was vindicated even after being fired from multiple projects.

Where's MY moment in the sun to gloat? You KNOW I have time on my hands!!!!

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2024 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!