Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: Wallpaper Time Capsule in Eastern PA

It's quite something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 4:15 PM

I love it. I don't care anymore how dated & tacky something is, as long as it's authentic to its era and would make HGTV fraus cry, I'm for it. And I'd give a minor internal organ for their (Heywood Wakefield?) stereo cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 2:32 PM

Underwhelming for a Tasteful Friends thread. You can do better OP.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 2:36 PM

I actually kind of like it. And I'm with R1, I love how authentic it is to its period (late 70's?), its quite something

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 2:41 PM

I like it too!

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 3:05 PM

This reminds me of that house in Johnstown that was being sold by the gay realtor.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 3:19 PM

I actually love a side split house, and this one is fabulous. I can't tell if the owner/last occupant was an elderly Asian lady or just someone with an affinity for Oriental art/influence. The last few items of clothing hanging in the closet made me sad. Same with the meticulously organized tools in the workroom. It's a big house. You can tell she loved her home very much.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 3:20 PM

My grandmother would have loved swanning around that joint with a tumbler of Tab in one hand and a Kent III in the other, checking her lipstick in the wallpaper in her caftan and kitten-heel slippers.

It's old-school classy.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 3:32 PM

It's relaxing and sweet. But also kind of sad if someone's grandmother and or grandfather just faded away in there for decade after decade with no updating whatsoever. How does that even happen? I suppose whoever they buried mades that choice. Just be preserved in time.

Look at the big old chest freezer! That last time I had personal contact with one was likely the 80s, with an old clunker still in service at one of my aunts or uncles summer homes. For years, one aunt who had a big old house on the Sound filled hers from the top, never touching what was at the bottom. A German butcher would deliver all the meats and sausages to get the kids through the summer season. Who knows what or who was at the bottom of that chest.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 3:39 PM

freezer here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 3:39 PM

and what is in the white enamel desk like furniture next to the fridge, in that pic? A sewing machine?

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 3:40 PM

The dining room is too plain and dreary. How many leaves does the table have? Are there spare chairs in the garage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 3:45 PM

What makes it worth almost double the price of four years ago?

Last Sold October 30, 2019 Last sale price $449,900 $105/Sq Ft Estimated 81% increase in value since last sale"

And if was sold in 2019, who was it sold do? Because how does this make sense:

Enter this impeccably preserved and maintained Mid-Century split level home, and suddenly it's 1962, the year this home was designed and built by its current owners.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 3:58 PM

I love the laundry/sewing room. You hardly ever see that anymore. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 4:03 PM

Co founder of The Blackstone Group gave the local high school $25 million recently.

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 4:03 PM

I think it's just a sewing room and kind of a pantry. Maybe a "day maid" room? The washer and dryer is in the basement workshop.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 4:05 PM

May it never be turned into a scrapbooking room.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 4:09 PM

I'd be happy to move in!

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 4:12 PM

I think the dining room looks like the man of the house said at one point, "Marjorie. I just want to eat somewhere peaceful."

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!