Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Begun, the streaming bundle wars have

Peacock, Netflix and Apple+ will offer a bundle, to compete with the Max/Disney+/Hulu bundle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 1:26 PM

lol @ desperate capitalists seeking more gold to fulfill them

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 1:43 PM

The return to the cable TV model of packaging channels was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 3:30 PM

For some reason the link won't work for me. Will these bundles feature a discounted price vs. subscribing for each service separately? If so, seems like a good thing from my POV. I currently subscribe to most of those services.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 3:39 PM

Next time a new, improved technology comes out we should all resist. DVDs and satellite was all we needed.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 4:06 PM

R3, In my experience, it starts out that way, but then they raise the price after a few months.

My friend signed up for the Disney/Hulu/Whatever bundle a few years ago but hadn't read the fine print carefully- it was only a good deal for 3 months.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 7:21 PM

Comcast/Spectrum keeps bombing me with their "Disney+ is now included!" crap which I find really offensive. The last thing we need is bundling of cable and streaming. The great thing about streaming was that you only paid for what you wanted to watch, unlike cable where I'm paying for channels (like Fox News) that I never watch.

Bundling always works against the consumer.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2024 1:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!