Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I strongly dislike Jennifer Hudson

She is a terrible tv host. Everytime someone sends me some YouTube or TikTok clip of a cool celeb being interviewed and then I realize they are on HER show with her fake laughter and terrible timing. And for the record I don’t even think she is a fake person in real life, she is probably down to earth but she is just a terrible tv host with no charm. Give me Kelly Clarkson any day of the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2024 7:06 PM

OP = Fantasia

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 1:44 AM

Kelly Clarkson should stick to singing. She's a terrible interviewer fawning all over her guest especially if the guest is an A-lister and asking ridiculous, inane questions.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 1:46 AM

Jennifer Hudson should stick to singing too. She is thoroughly unqualified as a host/interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 1:47 AM

Once upon a time, these women were both nobodies. They both became famous only because they appeared on a teenage TV talent show twenty-plus years ago.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 1:49 AM

I agree OP. I actually hate all of the talk shows that are on TV right now. They all stink. Bring back Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 1:50 AM

I've never liked Jennifer Hudson. Her singing voice is too harsh. She has power but it really grates. Her personality is sulky, sullen and smug, and she's very overrated as an actress. Very. As far as I'm concerned Simon Cowell was right to trash her and get her dumped from American Idol. And yet here she is failing upward. As for Kelly Clarkson. She is a warm funny talented singer, but as a host she is annoying as fuck. She never ever shuts up. Interrupts her guests, asks annoying simplistic questions, and is just too unpolished . And yet people seem to like her.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 1:50 AM

Had it not been for this thread, I wouldn't have known Jennifer Hudson had her own daytime talk show.

And nothing of value has been gained by knowing this.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 1:52 AM

R6 amen. Her singing is so over the top. It’s a 737 engine. I Fucking hate her voice. She’s a shit singer. I hate her persona. I hate her acting.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 1:56 AM

Kelly Clarkson is annoying to watch interview someone too but at least she seems to genuinely have an interest in the people on her show or knows something about them before they come on. The few times I’ve watched a Jennifer Hudson interview clip she just reads questions off a sheet and doesn’t listen to the answer, or ask what would be a natural follow up question.

Though Americans, be lucky you don’t have Alison Hammond, a UK TV presenter who is 100 times worse than Jennifer Hudson for the above. Can barely string a sentence together but she’s the right look shall we say for where the UK TV industry is right now.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 2:00 AM

Jennifer Hudson is the worst acting win to happen in the entire history of the Academy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 2:01 AM

Agree about Jennifer Hudson’s singing too. She’s painful to listen to. Singing is the wrong word actually, it’s just either screaming or shouting.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 2:02 AM

I prefer Jennifer Holliday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2024 2:04 AM

That personality…it must be why she was let go from the Supremes!

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2024 2:04 AM

R6 She has good timing and seems genuine even if she isn’t traditionally media trained. This isn’t the day of Geraldo or Oprah anymore, although O is the one ushered in this type of brand for daytime host. Jennifer Hudson is almost like acting which is probably why she is a pretty decent one. It’s like omg that telling a wild story lemme hit them with the “omg girl are you SERIOUS” or “that touch my heart baby”. And her diction is kinda choppy. Maybe it’s just the Chicago black accent sucks.

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2024 3:25 AM

R10 I think you are just saying that because of her career trajectory. It was a weak supporting year and she gave a phenomenal performance. She had complete gravitas in Dreamgirls and she killed that singing number which she had to have a lot of emotion to convey but she is completely lip singing the scene.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 3:27 AM

because* she

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 3:28 AM

No, you just have horrendous taste.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 3:28 AM

Who should have won?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 3:32 AM

DANGER!! Watching her talk show will deplete your brain cells at an accelerated and life threatening pace. What a horror!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 3:35 AM

If you would like to see the full range of my talents please click the link. I'm amazing in spite of the fact that I was suffering from covid/sinus infections, adenoids and itchy scalp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 3:47 AM

There was once a time I thought Cats live action might become one of those so bad it’s good films over time but it’s just downright awful because it’s so uncanny. It’s just awful. It should have never been greenlit.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 3:50 AM

DEI hire.

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 12:36 PM

I love Jennifer Hudson. She has a fantastic voice and she seems to have a pleasant personality.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 1:54 PM

What passes for quality on Frauvision 🙄

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 2:16 PM

R18 Adriana. Devastating performance.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 2:20 PM

According to a friend who met her in relation to an ad campaign, she’s not pleasant and not smart. (And said friend is extremely friendly and prone to liking people but hated JHud.)

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2024 2:23 PM

I’ve never thought she was a good singer

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2024 2:30 PM

I don't watch talk shows save for The View so I can't speak to her interview skills. I did just see a clip of Kelly Clarkson interviewing Whoopi and in that short clip she talked about herself while Whoopi sat there like a lump. Just like on The View.

As for Jennifer, adding insult to injury she is an EGOT. A performer winning a Tony (or any of the big four, for that matter) as a producer should not be allowed. In order to achieve EGOT status, their wins should be based on performance only.

by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2024 2:43 PM

I don't care for her or Kelly Clarkson and her gummy smile and incessant "y'all".

by Anonymousreply 29May 14, 2024 2:57 PM

Jennifer Hudson has HUGE attitude.

by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2024 7:00 PM

R30 dumb bitches always do, they cover up their inadequacy with cuntitude

by Anonymousreply 31May 14, 2024 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!