Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

See The Outsiders Take Over The Today Show With 3 New Performances

May 13 was firmly The Outsiders day over at The Today Show! The morning program hosted three live performances from the new musical, as well as a live on-air interview with producer Angelina Jolie.

Led by director Danya Taymor, and set in 1967 Tulsa, Oklahoma, The Outsiders follows Ponyboy Curtis, Johnny Cade, and their chosen family of "outsiders," who are in a fight for survival and a quest for purpose in a world that may never accept them. The musical opened on Broadway April 11 at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 5:00 AM

The Outsiders received 12 Tony nominations, including nods for Brody Grant, Sky Lakota-Lynch, and Joshua Boone. "It was surreal!," shared Lakota-Lynch when asked about nomination day. "I couldn't believe it. I reread the list like six times, because Steven Skybell is on there too, and I was like 'Is it the right Sky?' But it was the right Sky!"

The Broadway cast stars Grant as Ponyboy, Brent Comer as Darrel, Jason Schmidt as Sodapop, Lakota-Lynch (Dear Evan Hansen) as Johnny, Boone (Skeleton Crew) as Dallas Winston, Emma Pittman (Chicago) as Cherry Valance, Daryl Tofa (Back to the Future) as Two-Bit Mathews, Kevin William Paul as Bob Sheldon, and Dan Berry as Paul.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 12:42 AM

Yes. That looks exactly like 1967 Oklahoma.

🤭

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 12:43 AM

The Outsiders is a great show. Hope it does well at the Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 2:07 AM

I saw the segment, and Angelina Jolie looked incredible. Of course, she had a big coat on, so I can't vouch for the condition of her body. But her face was smooth as silk.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 2:21 AM

Yes, Angelina looked great, and she spoke very well about The Outsiders representing the show as producer.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 5:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!