Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

From Playbill’s CEO: This Spring Is the Best That Broadway’s Ever Had

First: the sheer quantity of new offerings. At 17 new musicals, this is the most musicals that have opened in one single season in this century.

Second: The overarching quality of this new work. Rather than one or two memorable shows, we are experiencing a wealth of stand-outs.

Third: Broadway is representing American pluralism in profound ways. This season saw a historic number of top female creatives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 2:27 AM

Out of 39 shows that opened this season, a record 16 had female directors. Last summer saw the first show with an all-Filipino cast on Broadway (Here Lies Love), last fall saw the first show starring actors on the autism spectrum (How to Dance in Ohio). And this spring saw the historic first major Broadway revival of The Wiz, with its all-Black cast and majority Black creative team. Among the season’s non-musical success stories were the extended-by-popular demand runs of three hugely acclaimed plays by Black writers: Purlie Victorious, Jaja’s African Hair Braiding, and Appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 12:24 AM

This thread will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 12:26 AM

R2, no wonder why this season sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 12:27 AM

I love how the retard never ever posted playbill threads but now because a certain someone always posts them he has to. Oh silly little retard.

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 12:28 AM

How condescending can this bozo get.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 12:38 AM

[quote]I love how the retard never ever posted playbill threads but now because a certain someone always posts them he has to. Oh silly little retard.

R4. It's not two different people. It's one in the same. You silly little retard.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 12:51 AM

Sorry, but Broadway has been sucking ass for several years now. For every ten musicals or plays out there there, typically there only about one decent play worth spending big bucks to see.I used to see a play or musical about half dozen times a year. Now it's rare that I go to more than maybe one.

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 2:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!