Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joan Crawford in 'Queen Bee'

There's a gorgeous print on Tubi and somehow I'd never seen it.

Great fun as Joan cunts around a Southern mansion in an increasingly improbable number of over-the-top dresses, making everyone's life miserable, especially poor Betsy Palmer.

There are two hilarious bits of "symbolism" where she strokes a phallic perfume bottle while flirting with a younger man on the phone, and when her bitter husband toys with a nutcracker while complaining about her, crushing a nut at his crescendo.

And so many great lines — "You're so quiet we're going to have to put a bell on you," "Don't you look sweet, even in those tacky old riding clothes," and "Any man's my man if I want it that way."

I'm sure some of you bitches have seen it multiple times. So glad I finally got to watch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 2:09 AM

The Queen is starring in the remake directed by spike Lee.

by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2024 12:22 AM

Joan actually looks happy in OP’s image. It’s so jarring — can’t process it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2024 12:27 AM

You may find this 2022 thread of interest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2024 12:30 AM

As well as this closed 2021thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2024 12:31 AM

Joan and John Ireland were banging during the filming. He was hung like a horse.

by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2024 12:37 AM

I forgot a third piece of hilarious symbolism. When Joan is canceling a party invite to hang out with John Ireland, she manages to get the phone cord around his neck and tightens it like a noose.

by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2024 12:40 AM

You're like some fancy kind of disease. I had you once... now I'm immune!

by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2024 12:45 AM

Christina said that Joan's performance was her mother in real life.

by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2024 12:46 AM

One of her better fifties films.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2024 1:23 AM

R5. Receipts?

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2024 2:07 AM

r10 Betsy Palmer talked about Joan getting boned by Ireland in the TCM doc. It's also been written about.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2024 2:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!