Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ashley Biden detailed 'pain' from diary theft, urged prison for thief in letter to judge

Ashley Biden, the daughter of President Joe Biden, wrote a judge to say she would not attend the criminal sentencing earlier this month of the woman who stole her diary because "it would only increase my pain."

The highly emotional letter was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Laura Taylor Swain more than three weeks after the judge sentenced Aimee Harris to one month in federal jail and three months of home detention.

"My goal in asking Your Honor to impose a term of incarceration is to ensure that another woman isn't bullied and shamed like this ever again," Ashley Biden wrote. "The despair I have often felt will never truly go away. But I ask Your Honor to hold Ms. Harris accountable so that she thinks twice before doing it to someone else."

She also asked Swain to sentence the Florida resident to prison followed by a lengthy probation period, according to the letter unsealed Thursday in Manhattan federal court.

The letter was unsealed at the request of The New York Times, whose lawyer David McCaw noted to Swain that Ashley Biden and prosecutors did not object to it being made public, while Harris took no position on the request.

Harris, 41, also was ordered to serve three years of probation and to forfeit the $20,000 she received for selling the stolen diary.

Harris pleaded guilty in August 2022 to conspiring two years earlier with Robert Kurlander, 61, to steal Biden's diary and other items from the Florida home where Biden had previously lived, and to transport them over state lines for sale to the right-wing group Project Veritas.

Project Veritas did not publish the diary, but another right-wing outlet did, shortly before the 2020 presidential election, which Joe Biden won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2024 8:37 PM

Enquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 10:20 PM

This is the diary they claimed wasn’t hers, then backtracked. Also, the one where she writes about… ummm, showers with Daddy…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 10:23 PM

She looks so much like her dad in the OP’s picture.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 10:24 PM

Me me me me me. Now sentence the thief to death or I'm calling daddy.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 10:27 PM

R4 Is he hung?

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 10:28 PM

She might be more fucked up than Hunter: took showers with daddy, been to rehab more than once, drug and sex addict, and has no apparent work history.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 10:32 PM

I could give a fuck about the Diary. What concerns me is the ginormous Biden-head she's been burdened with.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 10:36 PM

Imagine after he kicks the bucket from old age… her Mommie Dearest bio will be epic.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 10:38 PM

R8: In the diary she talks about Doctor Jill being emotionally distant or unavailable. Yes I can't wait to read that memoir.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 10:39 PM

Her face looks like it's been punched by an iron. None of the Biden women are lookers particularly the granddaughter that's living at the White House rent free.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 10:41 PM

^ How much rent should we charge her?

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 10:45 PM

The Bidens must be more responsible for their diaries and mobile phones

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 10:49 PM

R4 Fuck you. Seriously, I don't know shit about this girl, but what was done to her is disgusting and horrible. She was a private citizen when this happened. She was in recovery and actually working on herself, unlike her brother. Would you not feel exactly the same if this happened to you?

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 11:36 PM

I feel like the Biden family would have been much better off if Joe stayed out of politics.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 11:40 PM

If it were true, don't you think we'd have heard about it long before now? The woman who found it sold it to a right wing organization that in turn tipped off the Enquirer but the first time I heard about it was, not from a press release from Trump, but last week when I saw it on my right wing brother's facebook page.

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2024 12:38 AM

There is evidence the shower thing was forged.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2024 12:41 AM

How old was she when she showered with her dad?

We sometimes showered with our parents when we were kids, especially when the hot water tank was running low.

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2024 1:23 AM

The diary was in the hands of James O’Keefe for a while. Like the Hunter laptop, things were not as they seemed for a lot of it. The shower thing didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2024 1:31 AM

My mom took us in the shower with her so we could scub up, when we were little. It was no big deal. I also took baths with my middle sister until I was in kindergarten (she was older) . It was also no big deal. It saved time and water. None of us felt abused then or now.

I guess if you look at your kid, or kids in general, in a deviant way (ahem...the list of pedo Republicans and church leaders grow by the day), then you're going to find something deviant in anything.

Wake me when Joe starts to take about Ashley's titties or how he'd be fucking her, if she wasn't his daughter. Now THAT would be some sick assed stuff.

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2024 1:35 AM

*talk about Ashley's titties

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2024 1:36 AM

Is she Mulatto!?

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2024 2:21 AM

R16 feel free to post a link to this alleged evidence

by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2024 2:29 AM

The people who treat politics like sport team fanatics and are willing to go down with the ship are nuts. Imagine going so far as to try and sweep incest under the rug. I think Ash and Ivanka both had fucked up childhoods. Biden and Trump both suck. This country needs a massive political overhaul.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 2:32 AM

So did she shower with her dad or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 3, 2024 8:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!