Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are you still cautious about COVID?

I still double mask, indoors and outside, I get a booster every 3 months, wear gloves, and wipe down my mail and groceries. I’ve had the initial vaccine and around 12 or more booster shots. It makes me so angry when I see people coughing without masks, do they not believe science. Why are so many people not masking and getting their boosters?

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 7:53 PM

I wasn't but I should have been. After all these years staying negative, a month ago I got slammed because not only did I get COVID, but it triggered an MS exacerbation. Big time.

Stay healthy out there.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 7:19 PM

[quote]and wipe down my mail and groceries.

FFS, man, do YOU "not believe science"? Because science says wash your fucking hands, not the surfaces of your mail and groceries. Double masking, okay fine. But gloves? WTF for?

And the anger is your problem. I have had all advised vaccines and boosters, I spent many months of a two year period inside my house except to walk the dog and buy groceries, I wore a mask where suggested/required, but once the all clear was sounded, I resumed my previous patterns. I still get boosters when advised. If I see someone wearing a mask I assume they have their reasons, sound or unsound; it's not my business and I don't interject an opinion or a dirty look.

Unless they are going against public health advice in your area, no one has any right to give dagger eyes and bitchy comments and superior sniffs (or rather huffs so as not to draw air inward) to someone not wearing double-masks and wrapped in a body condom goiing about their goddamned daily business.

Epidemiology is not a game won by perfect eradication, it's won by a preponderance of direction in numbers. The WHO declared the pandemic over on 5 May, 2023, noting that the spread of infection was small and steadily decreasing. If you want to be the kook who has a decontamination tent for Amazon packages in his backyard for the rest of his life, be my guest. But why do you think other people should behave as you do against science?

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 7:52 PM

No. I'm old and don't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 7:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!