Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princeton Hunger Strikers Eat!

New hunger strikers will now refuse to eat until they are too hungry.

Some faculty engage in 24-hour hunger strike in “solidarity’

Counter-protestors skip breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2024 1:05 PM

These children are a fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 12:58 PM

Curious how they never got this worked up over Iraq and Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 1:01 PM

[QUOTE] Some faculty engage in 24-hour hunger strike

We care. But not enough to do more than the level of fasting a bridesmaid would do to fit in a dress

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 1:02 PM

I wish I had thought of that

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 1:03 PM

Here's what these little pishers don't seem to get:

You don't participate in civil disobedience unless you're prepared to go to prison for your cause. You don't participate in a hunger strike unless you're prepared to starve to death for your cause. Otherwise the acts are toothless. Otherwise it has the same effect as a little kid threatening to run away from home because they didn't get their way—you know as well as they do they'll be home for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 1:09 PM

I hear they are now demanding a partial refund on their dining bill.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 1:12 PM

How to lose the "freshman fifteen".

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 1:26 PM

I guess the hunger strikers saw actual reality and decided to take the off ramp.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 1:31 PM

[quote]The 13 students who have only consumed water since Friday, May 3 have ended their hunger strike, Princeton Israeli Apartheid Divest (PIAD) announced on social media around 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 12. Seven other students have since begun hunger strikes in their place.

A hunger strike is not a tag team event.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote] Curious how they never got this worked up over Iraq and Afghanistan.

They were children.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 1:54 PM

Where does it say that they won’t eat until they’re hungry?

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 1:55 PM

[quote]They were children.

So nothing's changed then obviously

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 1:59 PM

These protestors are not “worked up” organically. They are “worked up” by international organizations dedicated to working them up. It may be hypocrisy, but it’s organized hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 2:22 PM

[quote] They are “worked up” by international organizations dedicated to working them up.

Besides the Russians who have been instigating since the Comitern....

President Joe Biden has been dogged for months by pro-Palestinian protesters calling him “Genocide Joe” — but some of the groups behind the demonstrations receive financial backing from philanthropists pushing hard for his reelection.

The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis.

Two of the organizers supporting the protests at Columbia University and on other campuses are Jewish Voice for Peace and IfNotNow. Both are supported by the Tides Foundation, which is seeded by Democratic megadonor George Soros and was previously supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. It in turn supports numerous small nonprofits that work for social change.

Another notable Democratic donor whose philanthropy has helped fund the protest movement is David Rockefeller Jr., who sits on the board of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. It has given nearly $500,000 directly to Jewish Voice for Peace, which explicitly describes itself as anti-Zionist, over the past five years. Rockefeller Brothers has separately given grants to both the Tides Foundation and the Tides Center.

Several other groups involved in pro-Palestinian protests are backed by a foundation funded by Susan and Nick Pritzker, heir to the Hyatt Hotel empire — and supporters of Biden and numerous Democratic campaigns, including $6,600 to the Biden Victory Fund a few months ago and more than $300,000 during the 2020 campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 2:34 PM

Just long enough for some selfies showing off their new keffiyehs to be uploaded and to get some new subscribers!

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 2:41 PM

R14–That analysis is bullshit. It shows Democrat donors making contributions to huge liberal foundations like the Tides, then says that the Tides “supports” the protest organizers, but offers no evidence of financial contributions to them. It turns out that large charitable foundations like the Tides provide back office accounting and reporting functions for many smaller charities that have not received tax-exempt status. They are paid to provide these back office functions and it is a way to leverage their infrastructure to increase revenues. Providing such functions “supports” the protest organizers the way your bank “supports” you. Intentionally misleading.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 2:43 PM

I support fascism and anyone who takes action to oppose it must be a poseur and ridiculed immediately.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 2:44 PM

[quote] Besides the Russians who have been instigating since the Comitern....

I’m referring to Islamic fundamentalist institutions and Muslim governments.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 2:51 PM

Thank you R16 for challenging R14's stenography of Politico, a site that can't stop itself from criticising Democrats and liberals reflexively regardless of the facts or reality.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 2:57 PM

The Politico narrative serves two functions—falsely blaming Democrats for the protests, and obscuring who is actually financing them.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2024 3:02 PM

[quote]I’m referring to Islamic fundamentalist institutions and Muslim governments.

R18 Exactly - primarily Iran, but also Qatar where Hamas leadership hides out in luxury paid for by Western charity and aid

That said Russia is an ally of Iran, and undoubtably is assisting them especially with online propaganda in which they have proven expertise and experience as demonstrated at R17

The institutions and governments R18 describes are the hidden force underlying and manipulating the ignorant and misunderinformed who form the bulk of these protestors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 3:14 PM

Didn’t mean to suggest Putin wasn’t also chipping in. He is surely helping his allies who are arming his war.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 3:17 PM

Further, regarding Politico and R14's post, what I think we need more than anything right now is an understanding of how these protests started, who and what organizations are behind them (in reality), and most importantly, the role that social media is playing in ginning up what is essentially an enormous hit job on Biden and the administration. I cannot believe that the children — and that's what these college kids have shown themselves as — are suddenly aware of Gaza, a strip of land that 8 months ago none of them could place on a map, and Palestine, an Islamic fairy tale in which people who stole land repeatedly over the last 3000 years are somehow entitled to their ill-gotten gains. If you interviewed a hundred of these protestors and asked them to explain the absolute minimum one would be required to know in order to protest a conflict involving Islam — the differences between Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims — probably fewer than 5% would even know there were different branches of Islam, let alone how many, where they live, and what their core beliefs are that set them apart. Not one of these protestors could tell you why not a single Arab or Islamic nation-state has come to the aid of the Palestinians now, or any time in living memory.

Joe Biden is not responsible for a conflict that has been boiling over for thousands of years.

Bibi Netanyahu and the Likud party are not representative of the majority of Israelis' nor Jews' beliefs.

Seyyed Ali Hosseini Khameneh is thrilled with American college students' ignorance and gullibility.

And what's shocking is that these children are supposed to be the best and brightest with education from our most elite colleges and universities, made even worse by support from professors and faculty [italic]who should know better.[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2024 3:21 PM

Terrific analysis R23. I wish everyone understood what is behind these protests as clearly as you

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2024 3:24 PM

They have been primed for the manipulation by the spread of progressive ideology which tells them that all you need to know about a complex international problem is who is oppressed (hint: not “white”) and that justice demands that good people will stand in “solidarity”with their “resistance” (even if it consists of terrorism).

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2024 3:27 PM

Also—throw in words like “apartheid” and “genocide “ and loudly proclaim that anyone who questions you supports those evils. That shuts down any debate.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 3:35 PM

[quote] I cannot believe that the children — and that's what these college kids have shown themselves as — are suddenly aware of Gaza

“I have had many conversations with a lot of young people over the last many months. They don't know very much at all about the history of the Middle East or frankly about history in many areas of the world, including in our own country,” Clinton told MSNBC's Morning Joe.

𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 3:42 PM

If your ultimate goal as an educator is to advance progressive ideology, you focus your lessons, if not exclusively, primarily, on those aspects of history that support your narrative. Of course a lot of history does not really illuminate or even fit into that narrative, so you just don’t teach it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 3:55 PM

[quote]Seyyed Ali Hosseini Khameneh is thrilled with American college students' ignorance and gullibility.

Liberal Zoomers are an international embarrassment.

Conservative Zoomers are the ones who are going to come out on top when all is said and one.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 4:08 PM

^ with this, the 2 wars that are in place, rising crime, inflation, and immigration, I really, really, really worry Trump is going to get back in.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 4:13 PM

In their own letter to the Board on Wednesday, May 8, the original group of hunger strikers wrote, “We hunger strikers have lost weight and are actively experiencing many symptoms including dizziness, painful hunger pangs, critically low blood pressure, and exhaustion, and we continually face greater potential health risks including seizures and pneumonia.”

People on the fasting subreddit go longer without food with less whining.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote] experiencing many symptoms including dizziness, painful hunger pangs, critically low blood pressure, and exhaustion, and we continually face greater potential health risks including seizures and pneumonia.”

I feel this was lifted from the symptoms section of the Wikipedia article on starvation

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 4:55 PM

If anyone should just shut up, it's failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, whose lazy, unfocused campaign was responsible for giving us Trump.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2024 4:55 PM

If I weren’t lazy I’d go out and pretend to interview as many of these protesters as I could with simple questions like “why are you angry at Palestine?”, “do you know where Palestine and Israel are?”, “do you know why Palestine and Israel are fighting?” etc…

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 6:21 PM

R34–That’s one reason protestors are not allowed to speak to the media. Only “trained’ media reps are allowed to speak. But even so, I think most of them could parrot back the official story—colonial invaders/apartheid/genocide, etc. they have to be motivated enough to participate.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2024 6:30 PM

I'll bet none of them had falafel as their first food.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2024 10:18 PM

Nor bagels!

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2024 10:19 PM

[quote] The Politico narrative serves two functions—falsely blaming Democrats for the protests

No, it specifically blamed Jewish Democrats. Which is so fucking predictable it’s become boring.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2024 1:25 AM

I wonder if they broke their fast at the Center for Jewish Life, the best dining hall on campus.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2024 1:28 AM

r33, wtf are you even talking about? She WON the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2024 2:04 AM

^and how did that work out for her?

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2024 2:47 AM

[quote][R33], wtf are you even talking about? She WON the popular vote.

BFD. Who won the election in 2016? Not Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2024 3:50 AM

[quote]Counter-protestors skip breakfast.

Would it be okay if I skip breakfast and just have a Carnation Breakfast Bar?

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2024 3:53 AM

[quote]Curious how they never got this worked up over Iraq and Afghanistan.

The vast majority of them were literally born after 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2024 4:00 AM

U.S. — College Students protesting Israel announced an indefinite hunger strike on Monday, which they say will occur between the hours of 10 AM and 5 PM, with an hour for lunch at noon with only some light snacking permitted from time to time.

"We mean business!" said Princeton University student Jezebel Bashar. "It will be hard to eat absolutely nothing for part of the day followed by an after-lunch period of a few hours of not eating again, but we are committed!"

On the first day of the hunger strike, protestors appeared visibly weakened with many resorting to emergency granola bars just to be safe. The group appeared to gain more momentum and energy following their lunch break.

"We support Palestine's right to kill every Jew until there are no more Jews!" said one unidentified protestor between massive bites of a New York slice. "Look what you're making us do!"

Princeton faculty remain supportive of the protests, expressing their firm commitment to freedom of speech for anyone wishing to erase the Israeli state and all her inhabitants from the face of the world for all time. They also admit they're at least a little curious about how far students will take this.

"Can you imagine if they went a couple of hours without eating? They could become healthy," commented the head of the Environmental Health Sciences Department.

New York police, meanwhile, have opted for a different strategy — tempting students with delicious hot dogs. "Fat protestors are easier to control," admitted Chief of Police Anton Kremel. "Ooo look! I got another bite!"

At publishing time, students had canceled the 1 PM to 2 PM strike due to concerns over plummeting blood sugar levels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2024 7:59 PM

This part time hunger strike has been brought to you by Snackables.

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2024 8:08 PM

This has to be an Onion article.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2024 3:06 AM

R45 thats a more accurate piece of reporting than some of what I've seen in the "serious" media

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2024 4:39 AM

When are they going to start holding their breath?

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2024 6:38 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2024 6:43 AM

Why can't they set themselves on fire if they're serious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2024 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!