Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Drag artists disrupt Ross Mathews' GLAAD Awards speech with Palestine protest: 'I don't believe in neutrality'

"I don't think queer people are granted the privilege of neutrality ever," performer Chiquitita tells EW after protesting with ACT UP and actor Sara Ramirez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2024 5:03 AM

After she and ACT UP organizer Ariel Friedlander led a protest against Israel's military action in Palestine outside the Hilton hotel venue in Manhattan, Brooklyn-based trans advocate, drag artist, and Glamorous actress Chiquitita tells Entertainment Weekly she took the demonstration inside, where she was captured on camera shouting, "GLAAD is complicit in genocide" when Mathews took the stage to begin hosting the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 8:58 AM

The Pride parades are going to be a circus this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 9:05 AM

Que?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 9:08 AM

[quote] "GLAAD is complicit in genocide"

Well they are kinda. But maybe not the way the tranny meant.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 9:12 AM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 10:12 AM

These organizations are going to be sorry for going full tranny. They’re now having to deal with a bunch of mentally ill men on hormones wanting to shut them down. Good riddance. They made their beds.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 10:14 AM

Ambulance chasing attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 10:21 AM

All this performance art by the alphabet crew.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 11:17 AM

Ross Matthews has severe Ozempic face.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 11:18 AM

I love Jennifer Lawrence's speech... 😂

“I love the gay community. In fact, I was in love with a homosexual. I tried to convert him for years, but now I know conversion therapy doesn’t work,” she began. “Did you hear me, Mike Pence? I said conversion therapy isn’t real, even though I know you think it worked on you,”

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 11:30 AM

Drag queens being disruptive attention whores? And water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 11:36 AM

Cheap shot from Harvey's whore

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 11:39 AM

[quote] I don't think queer people are granted the privilege of neutrality ever

For Gods sake they're LGBT rights not a state of permanent revolution against every injustice on planet Earth.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote]I don't think queer people are granted the privilege of neutrality ever

Being outraged as a full time job sounds exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote] For Gods sake they're LGBT rights not a state of permanent revolution against every injustice on planet Earth

You've been drafted.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 12:08 PM

Where's my brick?

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 12:09 PM

I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to be, r2. Wake me when June is over.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 12:19 PM

The brainwashing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 12:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 12:32 PM

Of course SHE’S involved in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2024 12:32 PM

The child predator was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 12:33 PM

lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 12:35 PM

The Taliban throws amazing foam parties

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2024 12:38 PM

Well, so much for Sasha Velour. HBO must be thrilled she’s yammering about Palestine with We’re Here just starting.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2024 12:44 PM

The only drag that would be allowed in Palestine is one of these queens literally being dragged to her death. These people are morons. .

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2024 12:46 PM

[quote] Well, so much for Sasha Velour. HBO must be thrilled she’s yammering about Palestine

HBO?

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 1:33 PM

I don't get why the "queers" are so rabidly in support of Palestine.

What Israel is doing is excessive - no question. But, is it so much worse than what Russia did in Ukraine?

Yet, the "queers" have gone all-in on supporting a regime that has no problem with tossing them off buildings and beheading them.

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 1:53 PM

I think these drag queens should book some gigs in Gaza and the West Bank to truly understand the Palestinian idea of "drag"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 2:07 PM

I’m not anti-Palestinian at all, but fuck off Sara. Of course Che Diaz is at the scene of the crime.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 2:56 PM

I'm surprised Cynthia Nixon wasn't involved.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 3:02 PM

Fuck these goddamned "Palestinian Protesters".

Jesus Christ, what insufferable fucking morons.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 3:11 PM

[quote]All this performance art by the alphabet crew.

After all, many of them are histrionic and in the arts.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 3:14 PM

Send them all to Gaza so they can see just how much Palestinians love the queers.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2024 3:22 PM

R31 Rebels without a cause.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 3:22 PM

R6

I like the DL mentally ill because I doubt most of them are on hormones

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2024 3:26 PM

Russia-Ukraine is only white people r27.

Those LGBTQ dumbasses only care about Palestinians because brown people and Islam are the new victims in this world. It's all about evil white people, guilt and oppression.

Next thing you know they're going to modify the already ugly progressive flag to include Palestine. Or maybe rename LGBTQ+ to LGBTQP+.

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2024 3:28 PM

[quote]I don't get why the "queers" are so rabidly in support of Palestine.

[quote]What Israel is doing is excessive - no question. But, is it so much worse than what Russia did in Ukraine?

[quote]Yet, the "queers" have gone all-in on supporting a regime that has no problem with tossing them off buildings and beheading them.

Because the far-left (i.e. 'woke') are racist and only see color, where white is always evil and brown is the perpetual victim.

Their main goal is to eradicate the white race, which they think will end racism and bring about world peace.

Thus...

Russia vs. Ukraine = white vs. white = "Let them annihilate each other!"

Israel vs. Palestine = white vs. brown = "We need to rescue the POC!"

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2024 3:30 PM

Palestinians aren’t “brown” though and they certainly don’t identity as brown either.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2024 3:45 PM

[quote]Send them all to Gaza so they can see just how much Palestinians love the queers.

Not much R33. Not much at all.

These ignorant munters dont realise that Hamas are the proxies of Iran and also supported by Qatar, who in turn have backing from Putin. An unholy alliance of theocratic dictatorships under which there is no such thing as LGBT Rights

Israel is a flawed democracy, but still a democracy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2024 3:49 PM

"Marsha P. Johnson threw the first tranny off a rooftop in Gaza!"

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2024 3:49 PM

[quote] But, is it so much worse than what Russia did in Ukraine?

That you are comparing Israel to the Russia invasion of Ukraine tells me you know Jack shit about the situation.

Israelis come in all colors. There is a large percentage of Jews that would be viewed as POC by the American definition of the word. There are people from the diaspora in Israel from Ethiopia and Jamaica for crying out loud. One Jewish woman joked that her mother had never seen a white Jew till she emigrated to Israel. Jews are a diverse people.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2024 3:53 PM

I do wonder why Palestine is the hill these far leftists choose to die on. What about Ukraine, Syria, wars in Africa, etc?

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2024 4:29 PM

Yes R26, she’s on the HBO show “We’re Here” with Priyanka, Latrice, and Jaida.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2024 4:36 PM

Imagine being the freakiest one at this event.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2024 4:40 PM

r36 and 37 nailed it. Also male heteros and homos equal white. To be a victim only trans, women and non binary need apply.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2024 4:56 PM

I'm even more disgusted by that fat pig Sara Ramirez for wearing a "Silence = Death" t-shirt to the protest. You don't get to co-opt an AIDS activism slogan, you fake "queer" with your performative non-binary bullshit. You can fuck right off with that. Fucking CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2024 5:02 PM

Okay, R37 is a fucking insane racist moron.

I mean, I loathe the way 'The Left' is behaving here, picking the absolute wrong side, and being all self-defeating and stupid, but that doesn't mean I'm on the side of right-wingers and racist morons who use 'woke' as a pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2024 5:11 PM

R42, because it gives them the ability to hate on Jews, Israel, Biden, Democrats, and Liberals.

For some reason, these so-called "progressives" (they're anything but) really hate Jews, Israel, Biden, Hillary, Democrats, Liberals, etc... you know, the only people who have ever made any actual progress.

They're fucking insane hateful bigoted losers... the flip side of the far Right and the Trump cult.

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2024 5:12 PM

Just because right wing assholes use it, doesn’t mean woke isn’t a pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2024 5:15 PM

Agreed R46. How dare she. And as if she had ANYTHING to do with ACT up.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2024 5:19 PM

Why can't Che Diaz stop being so angry all the time and do what she does best--make us laugh about ourselves and about xir sluttiness!

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2024 5:24 PM

[quote] Israelis come in all colors. There is a large percentage of Jews that would be viewed as POC by the American definition of the word.

Honey, talk to the wokesters. They will tell you flat out that the Jews there are mainly white European colonizers who have no right to the land. It all has to do with white = bad.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2024 5:25 PM

In California, I had to take a car to the bathroom!

by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2024 5:25 PM

Oh, the DRAMA!!

by Anonymousreply 54May 13, 2024 5:27 PM

Ramirez, that popular Spanish name.

I’d suggest she decolonises herself back to Spain but she’ll have seen what they do to bulls there.

by Anonymousreply 55May 13, 2024 5:29 PM

OP is also:

*Joe Biden: Kim Jong Un is president of South Korea*

[quote]Biden needs to be kept in a bunker away from a microphone until December.

by Anonymousreply 56May 13, 2024 5:32 PM

^ Op is a dick, we know that

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote] OP is also:*Joe Biden: Kim Jong Un is president of South Korea*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2024 6:01 PM

Because R51, Che Diaz no longer exists. Thank you, streaming gods.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2024 6:06 PM

[quote]They will tell you flat out that the Jews there are mainly white European colonizers who have no right to the land.

Probably because the Holocaust was focused on European Jews. All the pics of the people in the camps were white.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2024 8:01 PM

Sara/Che has SPOKEN! All should bow down for her wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2024 8:23 PM

[quote]Just because right wing assholes use it, doesn’t mean woke isn’t a pejorative.

R49, no, wrong, bad, no biscut.

Seriously, 'woke' never was and never should be a pejorative. It's a positive thing. It means not being oblivious and asleep to the suffering of others. It means being empathetic and aware of the systemic racism, sexism, and anti-LGBT prejudices and bigotries woven throughout society.

If you think being 'woke' is bad or wrong, then you've been brainwashed by right-wing straight-white-male supremacist bigots.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2024 9:27 PM

It may have started that way, R62, but that's not how it's seen now.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2024 9:54 PM

This portest, rites an voilants haves postphoned The Barron's collage plans. He'll well now takes year off an tarvell thru Europe. Please raspeck him privacey. Be Best!!

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2024 10:13 PM

[quote] Seriously, 'woke' never was and never should be a pejorative. It's a positive thing.

Don’t you have an antisemitic protest to be at, woke cunt?

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2024 10:13 PM

R13 And why would they support a country that publicly executes gay men?

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2024 10:32 PM

Politically charged words mean only what r62 says they mean!

Bow down, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2024 1:47 AM

“I am a white colonizer.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2024 4:47 AM

Okay get rid of all the whties. Have a total non-white society.

You'll be wishing the whites could come back in five minutes.

You know it's true.

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2024 5:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!