Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mother from hell asks Amy for help re the gay son

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 6:09 PM

I don't think she's a mother from hell.

[quote] While Samuel seemed nice enough, I was not prepared for the feelings that seeing them dance together and be affectionate would bring up in me. I thought about what others were thinking. I wondered what I may have done that contributed to him being this way. I felt anger at Jack’s father for never being a positive male role model or steady presence in his life. I thought about his safety with STDs that run rampant in the gay community as well as violence toward gay men that seems to happen regularly.

She (if that's even a real letter and not some random bullshit some editor made up) seems reflected about her feelings and open to revisiting them. How she is feeling also has a great deal to do with the values and priorities she was brought up with. The world isn't black and white, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 9:05 AM

She’s had five years —-she gets no benefit of the doubt for her continued ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 10:21 AM

And, it’s 2024 not 1964. Get real.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 10:22 AM

What an uptight bitchcow.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 10:30 AM

At least she's seeking help for her feelings.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 10:33 AM

She’s not really—she’s asking for some kind of dispensation.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 10:42 AM

I wasn't really surprised, BUT...

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 10:57 AM

She’s dying to know if her son is the man in bed.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 11:07 AM

Aren't we all, r8?

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 12:19 PM

She seems a bit bitter and twisted... "I wanted grandchildren!", "It's his father's fault!", "Gays get STDS!". Maybe if she didn't have such a low opinion of gay men she wouldn't be having so much difficulty accepting her son.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 12:40 PM

I was expecting her to invoke the " I'm a Christian woman and his behavior is sinful," and was pleased to see she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 5:10 PM

R4 I'm adding [Bold]Bitchcow[/Bold] to my DL lexicon.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 5:19 PM

R4 Oh leave her alone. Sounds to me if she’s trying hard, abd trying too, to get over her negativity. She loves and supports her gay son and has welcomed his new bf into her home and family events. I say hurrah to mom and continue the good work. .

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 5:37 PM

She was praying he was a top, but deep down she knows he's a big bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 5:45 PM

“Amy, it’s not that he’s gay. It’s that he’s a fat whore.”

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 5:48 PM

R13 nowhere in her letter does she say she loves her son. Her letter is all I, I, I…

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 6:01 PM

R12,

My pleasure. It’s a popular term of abuse here in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 6:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!