Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Duke University students walk out on Jerry Seinfeld’s commencement speech, chant 'free Palestine'

The comedian's steadfast support of Israel resulted in calls to cancel his graduation day appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 8:40 AM

Such a precious generation. They're in for a rude fucking awakening.

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 5:59 AM

I'm certain Elaine would be in the streets yelling "From the river to the sea" to impress some Gaza stud she is trying to pick up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 6:37 AM

Why do they book the most irrelevant old people on the planet to give college commencement speeches? I mean, middle-eastern politics aside, these kids have no fucking idea who Seinfeld is, unless they've seen him whining in headlines in the last week about how the youth are too "woke." So many people around his age, like Bill Maher, have just turned into right-wing embarrassments in their old age.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 6:52 AM

r3 they know he's a man that turned a comedy career into a billion dollar net-worth. Doesn't matter if they've ever seen Seinfeld or not, he has loads of wisdom to share about the pathway to success. He's one of the few billionaires with high name recognition. So, they book him because he's famous and has a fantastic story about achieve some of the highest success in show business, business-business, and a perfect American dream tale.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 7:22 AM

[quote] these kids have no fucking idea who Seinfeld is

Of course they do.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 7:25 AM

His hair plugs look great!

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 7:26 AM

He comes across as thoroughly unlikeable.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 7:26 AM

Sssshhhh r5, that poster thinks those kids don't know how Google or TikTok works.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 7:27 AM

[quote] "He comes across as thoroughly unlikeable."

Jerry Seinfeld is the least funny thing about his show. I LOVE "Seinfeld", but it never would've been what it is without Larry David, and the rest of the main cast, who should've been given more on the back end. Julia Louis Dreyfus will never have to worry about money anyway, but that main cast deserved a larger piece of the show at the end.

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 7:35 AM

The GLADD Awards were interrupted too.

Coming for Jews and gays, sounds familiar.

Stupid protestors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 7:35 AM

The original Seinfeld thread deleted for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 7:44 AM

R3 You are a maggot covered putrid piece of garbage. May you burn in hell's grease fire eternally. But I would be just as happy if a Muslim beheaded you.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 8:31 AM

My college commencement speaker was some preacher I never had heard of leaving me to pretty much just zone out until everybody stood up. No clue how we got stuck with him.

I'd have loved to have had somebody like Seinfeld. At least I think he would have kept me awake.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 8:40 AM

I just assumed this generation would be more savvy to the pitfalls of scams, but as we can see that is certainly not the case with Gen Z. Even the Silent Generation seems to have a much greater awareness of the current world than Gen. I am glad oldies have become more resilient to those who can so easily manipulate younger people into throwing their lives away based on 20 seconds of TicTok videos.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 8:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!