Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The camera doesn't lie

You always hear people say "I look great in the mirror, but terrible in pictures. I'm just not photogenic." No, you're ugly. When you look in the mirror, you're seeing a distorted image. The way you look in pictures is how you look to other people.

If you look ugly in pictures, that means you're ugly. And another thing I hear is how "the camera adds 10 pounds." No it doesn't. You're fat.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 11:34 PM

I don't know about that but I knew a girl who was very average to plain in real life but in pictures she looked like a supermodel. I guess she had good facial angles.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 10:50 PM

It is true. I looked great in the mirror but ugly in pictures. Then I did a bunch of plastic surgery and now I look ugly in the mirror but great in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 10:53 PM

Thanks for the reminder, Op. And there's nothing I can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 10:57 PM

Not true. Sometimes I'm stunning in photos but I look like a an angry bulldog in my passport photo.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 10:59 PM

Yeah, thanks for the affirmation.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 11:00 PM

A friend of mine absolutely sold me on the reality of being photogenic. She gleamed in pictures in a way she never did in life. Completely unstaged and unretouched. She always looked a level above her person-to-person look.

I knew another guy who had the same gift but he said it wasn’t the treat I might imagine because every time he met a guy who had formed an expectation of him based on a photograph, the guy was disappointed in him in person.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 11:00 PM

I've heard something that I think is true.

Everyone's face is asymmetrical to some degree. E.g., your left eye is 1.5 mm higher than your right eye. You're used to it (that particular asymmetry) when you look into the mirror.

However, when you see yourself as others see you, your asymmetry looks doubled. Your left eye is where your right eye should be.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 11:01 PM

OP has issues with her appearance. I suggest something like Weight Watchers and AA.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 11:04 PM

I disagree because I know a woman who is stunningly beautiful IRL and just always looks awful in pictures. Some people simply aren't photogenic.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 11:10 PM

Julia Roberts is very photogenic but looked like a velociraptor when I saw her in person.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 11:15 PM

OP, you’re a blithering idiot.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 11:20 PM

Okay, OP, let's see your fucking picture.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!