Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AMAZON FACILITY SHOOTING REPORTED. Breaking News....

Just reported. Central Ohio...Unconfirmed Info...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2024 2:24 PM

having worked at amazon while going to college, me and my coworkers always wondered why this didn't happen a lot more often. A lot. A whole lot.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 10:40 PM

We only care if at least 20 have died.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 10:43 PM

Shit. I just ordered a new coffee pot. I hope this doesn't mean it's going to take longer to get here.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 10:45 PM

Can you give us examples r1? Please let us know how bad it can be. I'll understand if you decline.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 10:46 PM

Wow, I worked plenty of warehouse jobs in central Ohio in the 90's. They were always chill and friendly.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 10:50 PM

I hope no guns were harmed and then nobody suffers any undue delays and getting their packages delivered.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 10:51 PM

I said it before. It's like Auschwitz without the ovens.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 12:14 AM

Ohio.

Well, well, well...

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 12:59 AM

As long as Jeff Bezos and his brazen hussy girlfriend are okay!!!

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 1:01 AM

Going Primal

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 1:20 AM

It’s about time. Amazon is the new post office.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 2:07 AM

Too many guns in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 2:11 AM

Did he buy the gun online?

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 2:12 AM

I wonder what church he goes to

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 2:16 AM

Another tragic incident resulting from the mental health epidemic in America. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims’ families. At this time, it’s important to remember that guns don’t ki—

[QUOTE] The sheriff’s office said no injuries were reported at the Amazon facility.

Shit, nevermind. *closes laptop and goes back to bed*

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 2:26 AM

My sister used to work in that town several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote] It’s about time. Amazon is the new post office.

Yes, I guess we’ll have to come up with a new phrase to replace - he/she went all postal on them. Saying going all Amazon, just doesn’t have the right ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 2:52 AM

Why oh why oh why oh

Why didn't we ever leave Ohio?

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 3:10 AM

R17, see R10

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 11:01 AM

Looks like someone was discontent at the Fulfillment Center

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2024 11:04 AM

[quote] I said it before. It's like Auschwitz without the ovens.

Fuck you, you antisemitic prick!

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 11:22 AM

In NYC, we don't shoot at people. We stab them or hit them with rocks. No one is trying to ban them.

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 5:12 PM

I’ve heard the working conditions suck. You are expected to run when gathering your items.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2024 6:14 PM

Amazon has an attrition rate, in the fulfillment centers, of 150%. Every eight months. Amazon's own internal documents state that they are running out of workers to hire. I worked (R1 here) at the most sophisticated, largest warehouse in Amazon. I can tell you that their robotics push is shit. It's a billion dollar failure. I could go into all the shiftiness Amazon pulls if anyone is interested.

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2024 7:38 PM

Please do r24

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2024 7:40 PM

Well don't tease us r24. Share!

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 8:04 PM

I think R24 needs a whole new thread.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 8:45 PM

Do tell, R24! Hilarious reveal about Amazon Fresh grocery stores "walk out" checkout!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 8:46 PM

I have a theory yall. Mass shooters are just a symptom of capitalism not mental illness. Now hear me out. Many mass shooters are indeed mentally ill, some are sociopaths which is incurable. But anything profitable enough that can bond itself core American values will be an unstoppable force— ie the gun industry.

You then take another powerful industry like Amazon or many of these multibillion corporations which the profits become the bottom line and you will have increasingly higher number of disgruntled workers each year. Many of these mass shootings are happening at the grounds of the most powerful companies in the world. You guys get my drift.

Is anarchy the end point of capitalism?

Is anarchy

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 8:52 PM

Well I’m sure they’ll put metal detectors in if they don’t have them already. So you’d have to shoot people in the parking lot at change of shift.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 11:48 PM

R30 or on a movie set.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 11:53 PM

No metal detector. Just detector so scan for product when you leave. You have to walk through about three of those to get out of the building. They provide you with a see through, heavy duty, plastic bag so that at anytime security can see your possessions. It's sort of like in a prison where you follow a line when out of your cell and walking. When you are away from your work station or coming or going from the building you must walk the path between the green lines. I worked in a seven story warehouse. Only managers get to use the elevators.

Like Auschwitz, and their colored stars and various shapes, you wear a colored safety vest. The color determines your status easily when someone talks or interacts with you. the lowly associate(which I was) wears the standard red, there's yellow for operations, pink for problem solving(don't ask ugh), the almighty grey for management, and other assorted colors for upper management. If you don't have a gray or above vest you are not allowed to sit down unless you are on break. One of their slogans is "you are an athlete worker".

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 11:57 PM

Here's what I would see when I would walk into BDL4. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 14, 2024 12:01 AM

LOL you can see the green lines in the picture I posted at R33

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2024 12:02 AM

R32 I believe you when you say working for Amazon was a horrible, demoralizing experience, but friend, you have GOT to stop comparing it to Auschwitz.

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2024 12:04 AM

Do I? It's extremely horrible and dehumanizing. I'll compare it to whatever I want. Most people can recognize that it's a hint of humor. A hint.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2024 12:06 AM

R32 wow as I die hard lib I never knew Amazon was that degrading. Are the problem solving workers more likely to be fags?

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2024 12:10 AM

You are an athlete worker is one of the most passive aggressive cunt things ever. That ought be ashamed. I will never shop at Amazon again.

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2024 12:11 AM

r17, he went prime

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2024 12:16 AM

Would it help if they gave the workers scooters to zip around on? On a scale of 1-10, how physically taxing is the work? How close are they to automating their pick system? When you speak to a live agent is it actually AI?

So many questions for r1 etc. Please start a thread!

by Anonymousreply 40May 14, 2024 12:19 AM

[quote] Most people can recognize that it's a hint of humor. A hint.

Nope. Not even a hint. Not Auschwitz. Can't believe you're defending it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 14, 2024 1:03 AM

Engineering and Reliability had scooters to run around on. Most associates wouldn't need a scooter. You are at one workstation pretty much the whole time. Unless you cross train and they are short handed in a place you cross trained in. It is very physically demanding. I had just left the military so it was nothing for me I was in super shape. I had to wait a year and half to start at the college I wanted which is why I worked there. It was a show up and be hired on the spot thing.

They've made great advances in automation but not robotics if that can make sense to you. As far as only robots doing the work they have come to realize that's pretty impossible. Something about opposable thumbs. Any time they tried to go nearly fully robotic it was a big bust. I can't comment on AI that was really not my purveyance.

by Anonymousreply 42May 14, 2024 2:02 AM

It's probably the result of workers being penalized for going to the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 43May 14, 2024 2:22 AM

they have gotten clever. At your workstation is a touch sensitive mat. It times you when you are not at your workstation. When you are gone for 5 or more minutes it will send an alert to HR. The alert is sent from either Virginia or Seattle. Then onsite HR will then send a message to either the AM or PA letting them know you have left your workstation. They will come to you and ask you to explain it. I want to be as honest as I can. So I will say that I only recall one person, that I know of, that ever got in trouble for this. It's sort of a six of one/half dozen of another type thing. You get warned for being away from your workstation and for not making your UPH. That way it sounds more efficient or work related. If you don't meet your UPH more than three times a week you will get written up. No matter how good of an employee you are. There is no "I just had an off night". When you are written up for those types of infractions the write up is done, again, from Virginia or Seattle. There is nothing your boss can do. Three write ups and you are subject to dismissal. That will come from your AtoZ app. Not by a human being. You'll get the notice after your shift - before your next one.

Fuck the temperature of the building isn't even controlled onsite. That is monitored by Seattle. From the second you walk in, until you leave the parking lot, you are consistently being recorded and your presence pinpointed by AI facial recognition and pinging your ID.

by Anonymousreply 44May 14, 2024 2:32 AM

R2 Nah we don't even care then

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2024 2:38 AM

The perp has been identified as Ali Hamsa Yusuf. I wonder if he was Somali.

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2024 2:45 AM

R44 Good lord. Are you sure you guys were not extras for a new adaption of the film, Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2024 3:35 AM

I didn’t give two ducks so I’m about to say it. These mass shooters are almost always fringe right wing white guys or Islamists of any ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2024 3:37 AM

Holy Fuck. That sounds worse than anything I’ve ever imagined. Doesn’t even sound legal. Is OSHA emasculated now?

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2024 4:02 AM

R49 wtf would OSHA have to do with that? I actually work in an industry heavily monitored by OSHA. Why would you think that would be illegal in America though it should be because of mental health.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2024 4:28 AM

Amazon could treat people well and make accommodations like a stool to lean on if you need a short break or have mobility issues. They could be a great place to work and have lower turnover but they decided to treat people like shit. Being fired by computer or app is so dystopian.

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2024 4:31 AM

Gee R50 like I worked on an auto assembly line for 13 years and if you got good at your part of it you could sit down between cars or work ahead and you didn’t get penalized for it. Guess I’m thinking UNION.

by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2024 6:46 AM

Anyone else praying for the death of Jeff Bozos or just me?

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2024 6:52 AM

[quote]Anyone else praying for the death of Jeff Bozos or just me?

Why?

He has had nothing to do with the company for a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2024 9:50 AM

[quote]The perp has been identified as Ali Hamsa Yusuf. I wonder if he was Somali.

He did not work for Amazon. he was a contract security guard.

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2024 9:03 PM

The perp must have been disrespected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 16, 2024 11:29 AM

R56 Do you think that gun violence is a normal response to disrespect?

by Anonymousreply 57May 16, 2024 11:08 PM

[quote]Do you think that gun violence is a normal response to disrespect?

It is in specific neighborhoods in Philly.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2024 1:55 PM

The shooters first name was yusef.

by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2024 2:22 PM

THEY BETTER HAVE SENT MY LIVE! LAUGH! LOVE! SIGN FIRST

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2024 2:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!