Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fellow Travelers won a Peabody Award

Another award for this excellent series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2024 2:50 AM

On my “to watch” list.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 8:36 PM

Most Emmy predictions show FT out of the running for best limited series, which surprises me.

It wasn’t perfect but it was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 8:41 PM

Did Bailey request an intimacy coordinator in case his and Bomer’s hands accidentally touched while both grasping the trophy?

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 8:42 PM

Glad they won one! Lots of nominations, but not many wins. Maybe a little too “niche.”

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 10:42 PM

I thought the series was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 10:44 PM

It will definitely be nominated R2, and Bomer and Bailey will both be nominated as well. I don’t think it will win, it had too many issues. It could be quite uneven dramatically, the time jumping was weird and inconsistent, and it was saddled with a b plot that did not appear in the book and stopped the show dead in its tracks whenever it came on screen.

I do think Bomer has a potential shot at winning if managed well by his PR.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 1:07 PM

I don’t think it will be nominated, though is like to be surprised.

Shogun, Fargo, Lessons in Chemistry, Ripley and Baby Reindeer are being predicted as the nominees.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 2:47 PM

The Peabodys are pretty good at awarding the right shows. Other recent winners are Somebody, Somewhere, The Last of Us, Reservation Dogs, Jury Duty, Dead Ringers, and Judy Blume Forever. I enjoyed all of those.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 2:53 PM

I would love to see FT win more awards. It got so many nominations!

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2024 2:59 PM

It won for excellence in simulated cocksucking.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2024 4:28 PM

More nominations for Fellow Travelers for the Emmy Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 18, 2024 2:28 AM

Geez. I took a quick glance at OPs picture and confused Bailey for a young Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 12July 18, 2024 2:40 AM

The creator of the show, Ron Nyswaner, specializes in writing tortured, victimized yet virtuous gay characters.

by Anonymousreply 13July 18, 2024 6:25 PM

R13 That’s because he is one. Have you read his memoir Blue Days Black Nights?

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2024 1:44 AM

Thanks for the post, OP. With wall-to-wall election coverage, some of the other daily news gets buried. I didn't even realize the Peabodys had been announced. I need to catch up on Fellow Travelers. Also, love the list of podcasts, news and documentaries that have been honored. A lot to check out there, too.

Anyone seen/heard any of the non-entertainment winners?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2024 2:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!