Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SNL Dawn Farraway coffee commercial skit

From last night. They’ve taken the Faye Dunaway clip of her asking someone to leave a set that was in her eye line that recently went viral, and Lauren Bacall’s 80s High Point coffee commercials, and I Love Lucy’s Vitameatavegamin bit and rolled them all into one sketch. The moment I saw this I thought of DataLounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2024 6:45 AM

I don’t get the Vitameatavegamin connection

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 7:24 PM

Sort of funny. More interesting is the references… that old Dunaway clip flying around TikTok and then suddenly it’s on SNL a week later.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 7:26 PM

“I… line.”

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 7:26 PM

Would be a perfect skit without the farting stuff.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 7:30 PM

R4 Agree. The original source material is already funny as is.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 7:34 PM

I don’t understand how this got made. The number of people who would get the references is probably less than 200, and they all post here.

I swear if we see a sketch about an overflowing toilet at the Bellagio I will scream.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 7:36 PM

I loved it. Maya is great.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 7:43 PM

Maya is amazing. She makes it look so effortless while while everyone else is struggling. Bowen Yang was good too, but nowhere near Maya

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 7:45 PM

Amateurs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 7:52 PM

Jesus Christ r1

Vitameatavegamin had high alcohol content and Lucy got drunk as she did multiple takes

Coffee is a laxative and Dawn gets gassier and gassier as she does multiple takes

Like I said, the number of people who would make these connections is infinitesimally small. Even R1 didn’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 7:53 PM

DataLoungers are everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 7:54 PM

Maybe it would have been funny 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 8:22 PM

Maya's a hoot at spoofing celebrities... her Liza was insanely funny...

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 8:46 PM

Oh, that explains it.

Jimmy Fowlie writes for SNL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 1:25 AM

One season, they referenced Royce and Marilyn, two old ladies from LA that were a SoCal phenomenon only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 1:36 AM

I agree the farting cheapened the humor for me.

But Maya killed it.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 3:02 AM

It isn't very funny. The humor seems very dated. The skit shows how far SNL has declined over the years. 25 years ago, this skit would never have made the cut to even appear on the air.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 3:21 AM

All of the farting reminded me of the train wreck of an episode when January Jones hosted.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 3:38 AM

It was as if they didn't know a smart and funny way to end it so they made it into a fart joke.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 3:45 AM

Also—One of the photos of Maya after a break had her as Faye doing the “No Wire Hangers” scene.

Yes, r19–they totally ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2024 3:55 AM

This would have been funny without the farting.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 4:03 AM

Maya as Liza. This is a very funny skit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 4:06 AM

I got two minutes in and didn't even crack a smile. Let's hope NBC puts this show to rest after season 50.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2024 4:10 AM

I don't watch SNL much but between that skit where cicily channels Julia Sygarbaker they are trolling data lounge clearly.n

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2024 4:35 AM

I laughed so hard I farted.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2024 4:42 AM

I thought at first she shat her pants similar to Kristen Wiig as Jamie Lee Curtis shooting the Activia commercials. If the cast wants to do juvenile, gross-out humor, they should go for it, like Dan Ackroyd’s Julia Child bleeding out all over the place. Why not have Maya spurting diarrhea everywhere instead of just her pretending to fart? Now that would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 4:43 AM

Do they do a funny version?

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 4:52 AM

I had seen the Faye bit about eyeline on social so I knew right away what they were doing. I agree the fart bit was unnecessary.

That said, Maya is brilliant.

My four favorite SNL women are Gilda, Jan Hooks, Maya, and Cecily Strong.

Jackee gave an interview in which she said Connie Ford blasted her on AW for being in her eye line.

It's not that the actor doesn't have a point but do they have to be so cunty about it?

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 4:58 AM

A pale imitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 5:00 AM

They should have had Donald Trump guest-starring in the skit.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 5:14 AM

R17 R23. BROKEN RECORD with you Bitter Betties. The same fucking anti SNL whine every fucking week on every fucking thread. Sheesh. Stop watching it. You're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 5:25 AM

I remember Anne Hathaway's Katie Holmes imitation was the funniest thing I'd seen on the show in years.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 5:30 AM

Fucking garbage.

Farting and shitting humor is the lowest of the lowest comedy, barely even comedy at all.

When you have no ideas, go with farting and sharting.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2024 5:51 AM

OP - I instantly thought of Datalounge, too! And these very 'inside baseball' references tickled me. I'm 12, so I'm never going to not find fart humor funny -- especially when done so well by a true artist like Maya. But, the farts were there so the straights could still laugh even though they wouldn't get the references.

I wish IMDB listed the writer credits for each sketch. I have to assume Bowen co-wrote this one. But, this is why it's so great to have gay writers and performers on SNL.

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2024 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!