Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump won't consider Haley for running mate position

Of course not, he gets elected with her as VP, he gets Warren G. Harding'd. Frankly any competent Republican who will take orders from the Davos and Sun Valley crowd puts Trump at risk for falling down a flight of stairs headfirst. He may as well ask Sarah Palin to be his running mate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2024 5:12 PM

So it's mothballs for her until 2027, that's nice.

For the reasons you mentioned, I think he's going to pick someone dumb like Tim Scott. The preeminent narcissist of our time can't be upstaged by anyone, not if he can help it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 6:58 PM

He could get that fat sow from Arkansas who used to work for him and spewed his lies .. good qualities for a Veep!

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 7:01 PM

^She could bring her lectern.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 7:03 PM

Yes, step-and-fetch-it Tim Scott would be ideal. The black Lindsey Graham. You know Trump will treat him like his personal Man Friday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 7:08 PM

Trump's insanity and constant sundowning "puts him at risk of falling down a flight of stairs headfirst." The Deep State only has to laugh and point.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 8:18 PM

I don't believe him.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 8:23 PM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 9:28 PM

I first thought Kristi Noem would be the VP pick as she tows the MAGA line but she now looks like damaged goods and Trump doesn't want whose missteps will pull focus from him.

Scott is certainly playing up to Trump, including his holding fundraisers to help convince anti-Trump Republican donors to get on board the MAGA train. I would love to hear what BS he's shilling at these events ("I'll be there to keep him from going off the deep end." HA!)

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 9:37 PM

Scott, too black, too gay, too doofy looking. Just too much.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 9:42 PM

Trump needs to break off a piece of the Black vote or build on his support from the Evangelical Latinos. So look to that crowd. Also: Be WARNED: The possibility of The Huckabeast becoming his VP is more than possible. Yes. And don't think for a minute she isn't trying to maneuver herself into that position. She's eat his shit to get it.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 10:06 PM

Trump mostly needs to do something about white women. I suspect he'll look there. Maybe the Huckabeast, but he's the kind to just say, no, too ugly. Need a pretty woman. He was probably praying for Kristi Noem, but that's obviously gone to shit.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 10:11 PM

There is no deep state, if one existed, we wouldn't be dealing with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 10:16 PM

Seems like Doug Burgum has the inside track now, but that could change a zillion times before Trump finally makes an announcement.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 10:19 PM

The cockeyed Huckabeast with that hick voice will never make the list but the similar type Elise Stefanik has been glamming herself up lately.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] Trump mostly needs to do something about white women.

No. He always has MAGA white women. Women are not going to vote for him over a female VP.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2024 10:32 PM

You're mistaken. The Deep State won't do this.

The Illuminati will PAY someone in the Deep State to do it.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2024 10:32 PM

I think Tim Scott might give moderates plausible deniability. People who really want to vote for Trump but are hesitant because they don't want to feel racist. Tim isn't incapable of winning over a single black voter. The man is an obsequious joke.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2024 10:41 PM

Trump's insanity is becoming more obvious than ever, TG. He won't win.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2024 10:43 PM

There was talk recently that Rubio was a frontrunner but the fact that he and Trump reside in Florida is a legal roadblock they have to sort out. Trump also wasn't sure he wanted to elevate Rubio to the likely frontrunner role for 2028.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2024 10:49 PM

I live for the day the prison doors close behind him and Melania and Barron stroll into the sunset with the quiet, collected, and discreet Secret Service guys.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 10:52 PM

The Lord has spoken to me, and I've reconsidered. I'll take the job.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2024 10:53 PM

I doubt he’ll pick a VP who would expand his support beyond his base because he would see them as ultimately a threat — like Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2024 11:04 PM

OP I like the Showgirls reference.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2024 11:35 PM

He’ll pick Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2024 11:36 PM

Technically he doesn't have to pick anybody until he is nominated at the convention and I have a feeling he will wait.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2024 11:57 PM

It doesn't matter who he picks. He has no chance of winning. He has no idea how widely loathed he is.

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2024 12:13 AM

North Dakotan here ... Burgum would be Mike Pence 2.0. Nondescript flyover governor. Seriously, the only interesting thing about him is that he came from the computer industry and even now, perpetually seems to be giving a TED talk.

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2024 12:36 AM

The smart move for Trump would be Francis Suarez.

Politics aside, ever heard him talk? Handsome, polished. He'd really get the Latino vote. A lot of women wouldn't mind either...

But he'd upstage Trump, so it'll never happen.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2024 12:42 AM

Trump is the most negative person on the planet and contrary to everything but himself.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2024 12:49 AM

I can’t imagine for one second that Trump would select Tim Scott as VP. Everyone knows he’s an Uncle Tom just being strung along to try and pick up black votes.

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2024 2:22 AM

Beware the Huckabeast!!!

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2024 2:25 AM

I got my inaugural dress picked out, y'all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2024 6:34 AM

I think Doug Burgum is more likely to get picked by Trump for Energy Secretary or something like that, rather than VP.

by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2024 7:06 AM

R33 the Energy Secretary will be Russian.

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2024 4:56 PM

Trump after taking the oath of office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2024 5:05 PM

Since it seems likely Trump will win the election, and he’ll be 78 years old when elected, his VP choice isn’t an unimportant question.

By the way, if he wins, the Supreme Court will be extremely reactionary and damaging for the next 25-30 years.

But … OMG inflation!

by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2024 5:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!