Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

21-year-old shoots stepmom as she goes to hug him at graduation

A 21-year-old shot his stepmother as she went in to hug him at his charter school graduation ceremony, New Mexico police say.

Cristian Bencomo was booked into jail on Wednesday, May 8, accused of shooting his stepmother, the Albuquerque Police Department said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

The investigation revealed that Bencomo’s stepmother “started to hug him,” and he pulled out a “handgun and shot her in the neck,” police said.

“We made it all the way through graduation – it was really lovely until it wasn’t,” Mary Ward, a witness, told KOB 4 Eyewitness News.

With more than 100 people in attendance at the charter school graduation, Gallegos said “there was a lot of … chaos at the time.”

Nonetheless, police said “bystanders held (Bencomo) until officers arrived.”

The woman was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to Gallegos. She underwent “hours of surgery,” according to the organizers of a GoFundMe, who said she will need continued medical treatment and rehab.

Angel Chester, the woman’s sister, was close by when the shooting happened, KRQE News reported. Chester told the station she witnessed Bencomo stomp on her sister’s head following the shooting.

“I keep thinking that it’s a bad dream that I’ll wake up from,” Chester told the outlet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2024 4:57 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2024 12:52 PM

Paging Momma’s Mussy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2024 12:56 PM

Graduation ceremonies are no longer safe places.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2024 12:57 PM

A 21 year old high school graduate?

He sounds like a real genius.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2024 1:00 PM

He's not enough to shoot his step-mother.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2024 1:02 PM

It's ok. He has an IEP.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2024 1:03 PM

He definitely has a big dick, and look at those lips!

The article says he’s 21 - and this is a high-school graduation? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2024 1:03 PM

Horrific story, even by DL standards.

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2024 1:05 PM

Watch out Lady Tremaine. Cinderella is gonna get some ideas!

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2024 1:06 PM

Oh yes, oh yes, they both reached for the gun, the gun

Oh yes they both reached for the gun!

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2024 1:15 PM

Maybe in prison he’ll get a better hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2024 1:16 PM

Well, mom clearly beat him up before that.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2024 1:21 PM

Reading skills? The crime happened at a HS graduation. But the 21 year old was not graduating. He was in attendance.

GOD FUCKING FORBID some of you twats read a link and understand it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote]she witnessed Bencomo stomp on her sister’s head following the shooting.

Two attempted murders in one day.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2024 1:30 PM

R13 "A 21-year-old shot his stepmother as she went in to hug him at his charter school graduation ceremony, New Mexico police say."

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2024 1:34 PM

R13, you're the one who can't read.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2024 1:42 PM

Momma's mussy sucked in and instantly dried up like a salted squid at the sight of Cristian's head lice.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2024 1:54 PM

Apparently R13 is illiterate AND has anger management issues.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2024 2:05 PM

OP typed that, R13. Adding the "his". That's not what the linked article reveals. OP can't read.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2024 2:09 PM

His stepmom was a Datalounger and he read the thread where she was bashing Gen Z at work.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2024 2:12 PM

Oh shit Yahoo did type that.

I read it differently elsewhere. Sorry.

Mother shot during high school graduation ceremony in ...

FOX 10 Phoenix 3 days ago — During the ceremony, 21-year-old Cristian Bencomo shot his stepmother, who was attending the high school graduation for her son.

in other words the son is a different boy.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2024 2:12 PM

"Police say the shooter, Cristian Bencomo pulled out a gun and shot his step-mother as she tried to give him a hug. The victim’s sister tells us she’s still shocked about what she saw happen just feet away from her.

“Somebody came up and shot my sister…right in the neck,” said Angel Chester, the victim’s sister. “I keep thinking that it’s a bad dream that I’ll wake up from.”

Angel’s sister, Victoria Bencomo, invited the family downtown to celebrate her son’s accomplishment. He was graduating high school from the Southwest Secondary Learning Center Charter School with the ceremony taking place inside the Albuquerque Convention Center. “You know hearing the speeches of the valedictorian and the salutatorian and hearing about all the student’s accomplishments,” said Chester.

Family says Victoria was hugging her son when Victoria’s stepson, Cristian Bencomo, approached. “And then when I looked back, Cristian was standing there and my sister actually tried to hug him. And he pushed her away, and then he just pulled out the gun,” said Chester.

Albuquerque police say the 21-year-old, Bencomo, shot his stepmother in the neck. “After he shot her and she fell to the ground, he started stomping on her head,” said Chester. "

So I read this as 2 different young men. Her son, graduating, and her stepson, invited to attend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2024 2:19 PM

The whole of America is an unsafe space R3. This is reflected in the horrifying statistic that gunshot fatality is the leading cause of death for American children which the majority of Americans seem proud of and see it as just the basic quid pro quo price to be able to purchase a machine gun.

[bold]Children.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2024 2:34 PM

See?

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2024 2:35 PM

If you take time to read the ONE SENTENCE under the headline in R2's link you will see her biological son was graduating and her stepson walked up and shot her.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2024 2:42 PM

R25 That is too much to ask of 66% of the users of social media.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2024 2:49 PM

I thought it was her idiot son too. I'm sure they did that on purpose to make us all read about the little retarded boy who finally graduated AND learned to shoot. Oh and his fucking Simple Jack haircut also lends credence to the "dipshit kid" theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2024 2:55 PM

R25 R26 You seem cranky today.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2024 3:03 PM

Get off my lawn, R28.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2024 3:15 PM

The whole of this country is a cesspool on low simmer. Violence is our go to.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2024 3:19 PM

[quote]You seem cranky today.

Probably tender to the touch as well.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2024 3:27 PM

[quote]r2 said: Paging Momma’s Mussy.

Bangs! Bangs! My step-baby shot me down

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2024 3:31 PM

Why is that boy @OP simply COVERED in dandruff?

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2024 3:55 PM

I don't think he likes his stepmom very much.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2024 4:07 PM

R34 given her age, she was probably a Karen anyhow

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2024 4:10 PM

R25 You’ll be ok, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2024 4:24 PM

“We made it all the way through graduation – it was really lovely until it wasn’t,” Mary Ward, a witness, told KOB 4 Eyewitness News.

Just about the best line I’ve ever read on a school shooting.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2024 10:24 PM

Aggravated battery? Call me old-fashioned, but I think shooting someone in the neck is attempted murder.

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2024 10:59 PM

Step-monster.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2024 11:07 PM

I get it. I hate my stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2024 11:17 PM

He obviously didn't like her. At. All.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote] Aggravated battery? Call me old-fashioned, but I think shooting someone in the neck is attempted murder.

So is stomping on someone’s head.

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2024 12:30 AM

Stepmoms are usually wicked hags. I only wish that my stepmom would drop dead but never actually tried to make it happen. I figured one of her many ailments would finally do her in but she lived to be 70 which shocked me.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote]The article says he’s 21 - and this is a high-school graduation?

In many districts, special ed students stay in school until they are 21 or 22, often attending career training classes.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2024 2:49 AM

Oops, I too misread this. Guess he wasn't there for career training.

by Anonymousreply 45May 13, 2024 2:52 AM

R43 Don't worry ,it could still happen! Thank fucking god my step twat died before my dad so she didn't get my inheritance. I got to hang with my dad for aout 5 more years and then when he died, his money went to my sisters and me, as it should have.

by Anonymousreply 46May 13, 2024 3:32 AM

Hot blooded LatinX with a gun

by Anonymousreply 47May 13, 2024 3:43 AM

Why was a 21 year old graduating from high school?

by Anonymousreply 48May 13, 2024 4:20 AM

He was not, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 49May 13, 2024 4:24 AM

[quote] He obviously didn't like her. At. All.

This part is weird.

Why would she go up to him and try to hug him, if they had such a bad relationship.

I feel like he was harboring some extreme rage towards her, which she didn't know about.

Then it all came out at the graduation.

You don't hug someone you hate, or someone that you're mistreating.

by Anonymousreply 50May 13, 2024 4:05 PM

And the Stanky Waste of Life Award, Human Division, goes to......

by Anonymousreply 51May 13, 2024 4:07 PM

R50 You do if you're in front of a lot of people and you're trying to act like you're a good, nice, mom. I'm sure she just did it in a performative way. My step mom did that the kind of shit all the time.

by Anonymousreply 52May 13, 2024 4:35 PM

Let me tell ya about *my* stepmother...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 13, 2024 4:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!